Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Stoned Ape

Savant
The trick to prebuffing for the initial graveyard ambush is to do it with scrolls and potions from the inventory screen on the world map immediately before entering the graveyard. I also found that it was very helpful to do at least the initial part of the ambush in RTwP mode rather than turn-based because the first thing you want to do is move your whole party to one of the graveyard's edges so you're not surrounded, and if you're in turn-based mode and one of the zombies wins initiative, that plan will be scuppered.
In the EE you can only enter a location from the world map when moving to the location, if you click on the location when already standing on it no menu pops up. Unfortunately, this means you have to move away from the graveyard for a second, press space to stop the movement, then move back after buffing.

Even a tiny bit of world map movement can take a chunk of in-game time up, meaning some short-term buffs can expire before you move back to the location.

Why do Owlcat have to keep breaking shit that used to work fine?

Tsubutai

Educated
The trick to prebuffing for the initial graveyard ambush is to do it with scrolls and potions from the inventory screen on the world map immediately before entering the graveyard. I also found that it was very helpful to do at least the initial part of the ambush in RTwP mode rather than turn-based because the first thing you want to do is move your whole party to one of the graveyard's edges so you're not surrounded, and if you're in turn-based mode and one of the zombies wins initiative, that plan will be scuppered.
In the EE you can only enter a location from the world map when moving to the location, if you click on the location when already standing on it no menu pops up. Unfortunately, this means you have to move away from the graveyard for a second, press space to stop the movement, then move back after buffing.
It still works for me on the current version, but only if you click in certain areas of the circle representing the location.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It still works for me on the current version, but only if you click in certain areas of the circle representing the location.
Yes, Owlcat fucked up layering on the world map - moving "figurine" that represents PC's party should be "under" location's mark but now it is on top of it and interferes with clicking.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
In the EE you can only enter a location from the world map when moving to the location, if you click on the location when already standing on it no menu pops up.

It works fine for me :)

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
He's not doing it for romance. Typical Euro simping for von der Leyen/Pelosi types. Look at the poor Finns and Kiwis. Though I think Galfrey's more a Kissinger.

For most of the life of the game DR could be bypassed with Magic Weapon, Greater but I've heard that that's been fixed. You've also got things like Bless Weapon for a similar effect and eventually native Weapon enhancements get high enough to bypass it.

Most of my guys have no DR issues, it's only my MC's natural attacks basically
Until you get another Relic in ch3 Natural Attacks on player are sadly undersupported (Crusader's Edge works on pets but not for players for instance). For some reason Magic Fang was stacking with Fists Amulet in DLC so that could help.
Shroud of Eternal Hunger shirt?

Delterius

Arcane
But Persuasion, UMD, and Religion are all absurd as well and Trickery might be best in game. Why do people get so fixated on blowing all their Feats on crits? Using auto-confirm to hit stuff they couldn’t touch otherwise?
People tend to gravitate towards to Perception 2 for a number of reasons.

First it is feat based so if you want to use it at all you have to pick it as early as possible.

Second it's not just a buff to party members, it changes the entire party's dynamic.

Third, and this is key, Trickster builds are often backloaded and Perception 2 at least starts kicking into gear as soon as Mythic Rank 4.

UMD2, Religion 2, World 2 all have their niche uses but considering the amount of time you spend in the lower Mythics you really want your MR4 power to feel decisive, which means something like Perception 2 or Mobility 2.

Athletics and Arcana have their appeal, but they can round out builds well enough with their Rank 1s and Athletics 2 is a more timely pick at MR6 for most who rely on it.

Persuasion 2 runs on ranks so its not really an option, even on Core.

Trickery 2 is the best dispel in the game. It's also arguably the only dispel in the game since Aivu's nerf. Dispel being so lopsided in Wrath means a lot of people just don't think about it. However, those who do might have some trouble working a melee range only Dispel into their characters.

Stealth 2 is surprisingly useful. Almost every enemy has True Sight, it's true. But True Sight has a range of, I think, 30 yd. As long as you can cast/attack from farther away than that you're golden.

Persuasion 3, UMD3 and Athletics 3 and other 3s would have their place in the spotlight if they weren't also Greater Tricks, meaning they are only available at MR7 and might as well not exist beyond DLC stuff. But in my opinion it's also a very common pitfall where people will say 'I'm going to make a caster fighter but I don't need BAB because of Athletics 3 and I don't need spellbook because of UMD3' in a game where the second Greater Trick is a meme that is only available before the last fight in the game.

Perception 2 also synergizes with Legend. Only Devils get to keep former mythic powers like that.

Finally Trickster is in a unique situation in how it interfaces with martial and spellcasting characters. To the martials Trickster's powers almost feel like a 'pure martial' build with little or no magic involved, which doubles itself as a prelude to Legend. To the spellcasters Trickster goes out of its way to not support them very well and Perception 2 is the only trick that synergizes with their class features.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, I think casters have better options.

But “martials” is just too narrow. Trickster doesn’t just create it’s own builds but it’s own archetypes.

Desiderius

Patron
Yes, Owlcat fucked up layering on the world map - moving "figurine" that represents PC's party should be "under" location's mark but now it is on top of it and interferes with clicking.
Lol, yeah Combat Log was somehow covering up the top right X to close the level-up window (even though the level-up window was on top).

How does this even happen? Next thing you know all the text will flip backwards or some shit.

Last edited:
I tested a fifth level Earth Kin with Bowling and Blade Infusions. This is what I found:

(1) Specialization isn't even on the Character Sheet anymore. Is it on vanilla?
You tested the modded game? Why?
Because TTT fixes most of the bugs you clowns left in your game and Average Manatee is getting the same bug in Vanilla and mistaking it for intended. I'll try again unmodded.

EDIT: just confirmed, same on vanilla. Nice job eliminating Infusion Specialization from the Character Sheet altogether so nobody who hadn't played P:K (or tabletop) would even know the bug was there. Does that mean it's WAI? Blade gets iteratives *and* reduces Burn cost of Substance Infusions?
Well, you see, this is what happens when you just theorycraft based on tabletop and other games.

What you need to do is just play the game, and stop getting locked into preconceived notions and chasing the same meta.

:smug:

Desiderius

Patron
You really got me there Corbin Dallas Multipass. An entire generation of gamers lost chasing bugs they can exploit instead of risking the suck even for a second. Sad. At least you’ve got my ankle to bite to soothe that ego wounded by your own temerity.

Pretty sure an ability that costs more costing less is not WAI. No reason basic Kin abilities shouldn’t function the same in P:K and Wrath. Not the same as difference between 3.5 and PF which was designed to comprehensively improve on 3.5.

user

Savant
Stumbled into a game-breaking bug. The game won't load the
cutscene with the doppelganger after escaping from the prison.
Loading stays at 0% and the game freezes, whether I rest after returning, or just press escape. Loading the autosave that gets created in the citadel "works", but when I leave and return to the citadel the game always tries to load the same cutscene and it freezes again. Will report it. Anyone knows a workaround? Guess I'll continue the other playthroughs...

Tsubutai

Educated
New patch to fix the Gwerm mansion/tower of Estrod/Drezen siege issues: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3539291619254287116

Hello, crusaders!

We’ve released a fix 2.0.1h for the problem which affected multiple quests. After the 2.0 update, some players reported an issue, that a quest wouldn’t progress, if they had to kill a number of specific enemies, but saved and reloaded the game in the process. This could happen during the Gwerm Family Secrets quest (couldn’t signal to Horgus), in the Tower of Estrod (after killing the cultists and demons), and during the siege of Drezen (not being able to open the final gates). This update fixes this issue and prevents it from happening in other quests.

However, if this issue has already happened on your playthrough with a different quest, and you’ve sent us a bug report, we will fix it in the future updates. Or you may load an earlier save, to avoid running into this bug.

Desiderius

Patron
Just finished Maze with Dragonheir MC:

(1) Everything went smooth other than the weird window mis-layering.

(2) Seems like they've put some work into the writing, or Wend just makes more sense if you team up with her from the start and choose Demon options. Still feels kind of shitty but at least less one-dimensional/has some logic to it.

(3) Duelist Gloves don't work with Natural Weapon Training.

(4) Glaive book gives bonus to Fighter using Glaive even without Weapon Training. Glaive Cleaver Demon Scion seems like it would be pretty good (I'm using Natural to set up Gold Dragon).

(5) Hosilla fight is *way* easier with Wend onside and choosing Demon option. Wend automatically kills revived Hosilla?

Desiderius

Patron
Desiderius actually, these options in dialogues (Demon, Angel, Aeon), do they matter at all? I mean, I wonder if they are affecting mythic paths somehow in general?
My understanding is that Angel and Demon are always open, but that certain choices can close off the other paths but I’m not sure about that (first time I’ve done Demon, never done Lich). You can definitely lose Aeon depending on choice after first Minagho fight.

IllusiveBrian

Novice
Desiderius actually, these options in dialogues (Demon, Angel, Aeon), do they matter at all? I mean, I wonder if they are affecting mythic paths somehow in general?
Aeon, Azata, and Trickster only open up if you pick their dialogue options when they come up in Act 1 (so accepting the Aeon into your heart in the Market Square & doing the Aeon choice at the Wardstone, sparing Ramius and finding all of Desna's initiates to get the Azata option in the temple, and going with your gut in the dialogue at the Blackwing Library for Trickster). I've read that Angel and Demon are always open regardless of the choices you pick and that is my experience but I haven't tested it much.

traa

Literate
Aeon, Azata, and Trickster only open up if you pick their dialogue options when they come up in Act 1 (so accepting the Aeon into your heart in the Market Square & doing the Aeon choice at the Wardstone, sparing Ramius and finding all of Desna's initiates to get the Azata option in the temple, and going with your gut in the dialogue at the Blackwing Library for Trickster). I've read that Angel and Demon are always open regardless of the choices you pick and that is my experience but I haven't tested it much.
Ah, thanks, I've picked all of them and I think Trickster was the most fun.

My understanding is that Angel and Demon are always open, but that certain choices can close off the other paths but I’m not sure about that (first time I’ve done Demon, never done Lich). You can definitely lose Aeon depending on choice after first Minagho fight.
Thanks, yep, I assumed the same thing then

user

Savant
Crusade is so tedious without the flying mode, always rushing it in every playthrough

fUm8D15.png

Desiderius

Patron
Until you get another Relic in ch3 Natural Attacks on player are sadly undersupported (Crusader's Edge works on pets but not for players for instance). For some reason Magic Fang was stacking with Fists Amulet in DLC so that could help.
Shroud of Eternal Hunger shirt?
Was thinking of Claws - they give (gave?) you a slashing packet that turns on Crusader's Edge Sicken (I know that works for Unarmed haven't gotten there yet on Natural).

As usual Yosharian is on it. Trying to fight with Natural Weapons is a pretty thorough test of game knowledge, which is kind of strange since pets do so well without much work (can use Edge with regular attacks).

My Scion will always have a Polymorph effect up once I can get the Scrolls (using UMD) or Polymorph from Nenio. Planning on buying some Dragonform scrolls (TTT/Dark Codex has some nice Advanced Weapon Training options that I'm looking forward to trying out with Weapon Training - Natural Weapons). Main thing with Scion is Standard Action Dazzling with very high Intimidate (Hungerseed with WIS-to-Persuasion Background, scaling from Class, Intimidating Prowess) and scaling defense from Bloodline. Eventual Dragon Breath. TTT also has Mythic Shatter that flat-foots for whole team.

Last edited:
You really got me there Corbin Dallas Multipass. An entire generation of gamers lost chasing bugs they can exploit instead of risking the suck even for a second. Sad. At least you’ve got my ankle to bite to soothe that ego wounded by your own temerity.

Pretty sure an ability that costs more costing less is not WAI. No reason basic Kin abilities shouldn’t function the same in P:K and Wrath. Not the same as difference between 3.5 and PF which was designed to comprehensively improve on 3.5.
I realize that, but I failed my will save to resist giving you shit at the opportunity. And knowing you'd be buttblasted about it lol.

If you're gonna act like an arrogant weirdo then you gotta expect some people might enjoy giving it back. Ankle bite lol, an awful lot being said there, and it doesn't help you seem less arrogant or butthurt...

Desiderius

Patron
I realize that, but I failed my will save to resist giving you shit at the opportunity. And knowing you'd be buttblasted about it lol.

If you're gonna act like an arrogant weirdo then you gotta expect some people might enjoy giving it back. Ankle bite lol, an awful lot being said there, and it doesn't help you seem less arrogant or butthurt...
People call *me* autistic. I'm not butthurt, I'm trying to save you from a life of suckage. Pwning people online isn't worth your time even when you're right. Here you’re missing the forest for the trees.

Granted it was pretty stupid to tell Average Manatee to test a class that I haven't played yet in Wrath. He turned out to be a little more right than I was on the P:K KM discussion as well once I went back and tested that (though both of our approaches turned out to be significantly slower on getting artisans/advisors up than I was able to do it combining our ideas and reverse engineering what should have been obvious - get Community up ASAP).

The intention on the Kin/KKnight case was to get him to think through the process of why my initial take on KKnight (same one he expressed) turned out to be wrong. (1) Blade gets iteratives/Haste (2) KKnight can put Greater Trips (with Fury's Fall, Tandem, and Shatter) on those iteratives at lvl 8 (same time first iterative kicks in) (3) Regular Kin has to wait until lvl 11 *if ability is working properly*. Plus also figured out somewhere in there that Armor/Shields are good in well-played party and STR-based has a lot of advantages, which made KKnight very effective in P:K and should do likewise in Wrath. The way it's working now either way is fine.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In the EE you can only enter a location from the world map when moving to the location, if you click on the location when already standing on it no menu pops up.
This worked fine for me in Kenabres.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom