Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Wrapping up with Act 4, it seems very rushed compared to previous acts. I guess another game fallen victim of "we gotta have 2 big cities" syndrome.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
"Hey Daidre, when do I get Regill?"

"Soon"

Soon: "Phew, this encounter was fucking hard, but I finally got it, only 2 gargoyles le-" *5 gargoyles spawn*

Yeah, no. p. much impossible at my current level lol

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Quartermaster can hook you up. Become the Dragon (or Smilo) you were born to be.

Yaker and Reg can use some help bypassing DR.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Quartermaster can hook you up. Become the Dragon (or Smilo) you were born to be.

Plan is to catch level 7 and get buffs for especially Yaker, that guy is the real Mythic Hero of this game lol

EDIT: Also it seems like Regill is immortal for this fight so theoretically you should be able to clear one side and let him tank the other side (excepting those 'goyles that beeline for certain characters)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hard to beat Merge or Favorable but it seems like it gets tools too. Trickster has nothing and Aeon not much.
Trickster is only one with ability to Persistent lvl 9 spells with 2x Completely normal Spell. Well except in DLC3, here I am getting a bunch of Greater Persistent rods. Also can be best ray caster with all the increased increased increased critical feats

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Gargoyles are coming from the left, I better move my MC to the back so he doesn't get accidenlty one-shotted...

(not sure how they are able to fly undetected IN A TINY CAVE, but hey)

Desiderius

Patron
Hard to beat Merge or Favorable but it seems like it gets tools too. Trickster has nothing and Aeon not much.
Trickster is only one with ability to Persistent lvl 9 spells with 2x Completely normal Spell. Well except in DLC3, here I am getting a bunch of Greater Persistent rods. Also can be best ray caster with all the increased increased increased critical feats
Or, get this, you can get Persistent on *all* your spells at Mythic4 with Azata, and that’s only one third of one ability.

The lengths people go to to avoid the uniquely powerful things Trickster (and not just Trickster) can do never ceases to amaze. If it isn’t in a Reddit/Discord meme is it just not real?

Speaking of which, is there any other way to get a scaling bonus to Athletics other than Skilled Earth Kineticist? All three Athletics Mythic Tricks are really good for Kinetic Blade wielders (TTT/Dark Codex has Rush and Whip as well).

Desiderius

Patron

Plan is to catch level 7 and get buffs for especially Yaker, that guy is the real Mythic Hero of this game lol

EDIT: Also it seems like Regill is immortal for this fight so theoretically you should be able to clear one side and let him tank the other side (excepting those 'goyles that beeline for certain characters)
How can you even get to cave before lvl 7?

user

Savant
Wtf with these shadow demon votaries btw, are all of their spells quickened? Difficult to kill them before they cast phantasmal-reload.

Desiderius

Patron
Wtf with these shadow demon votaries btw, are all of their spells quickened? Difficult to kill them before they cast phantasmal-reload.
Sound Burst to Stun them or Agony Hex (60 ft range) to Nauseate them. They are a priority target no doubt and use Concealment/Mirror Image to avoid attacks. Phantasmal* is a Sleep effect and Elves are immune to Sleep.

The one in the Tavern has wiped my team more than once. Soothing Mud can restore drained WIS.

* - Putrefaction. Web is Will + (non-Poison) Nauseate so Unstoppable downgrades to Sicken or (Long-lasting) Remove Sickness can suppress/boost saves. Best idea is to disable Votary (Human, not Demon) fast. Resist Fire, Communal also helps because he’ll nuke you after getting you Webbed.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Extended Stun effect spells (including Stunning Barrier!) will Stun for 12 sec (two rounds) instead of one.

Delterius

Arcane
The thing is that pretty much every mythic comes with a direct or indirect bonus to spell DCs so it's not like inherently persistent weird is a big deal. It's a late game perk, especially when compared to demons and azatas sometimes forcing their enemies to roll their saves four times instead of only twice. So DCs is not the real strength of Tricksters in general or CNS in particular. A Trickster might be able to specialize on Enchantment with all the equipment that boosts it, but they have to going into blasting if they want to contribute against the most powerful enemies.

The ray casting is where the synergy lies and it serves to compound on the late blooming nature of the mythic. Martials with the right weapon will see their crit rate skyrocket very quickly while rays are a 20 crit threat weapon by default. If you take your first secret feat at level 11 that means you'll have to level to 17 before getting the full benefit of the mythic. CNS here becomes a way to memorize rays in a more versatile fashion. And I gotta say if you want to go the magic Archer nukes route you're better off as an elemental siege engine. Your early to mid game experience will be smoother with 50yd bombs that ignore spell resistances. Sure hellfire ray will outdamage you in the late game, but a couple of quickened X4 kinetic blasts crits will one shot demon lords just the same.

What was particularly frustrating as a trickster is that there's no mobility equivalent for magic users. There is no *roll a skill check to help with spellcasting* trick. Arcana trick is just a source of martial buffs. UMD trick is better off in the hands of a magus. In a way you're pigeonholed even harder into Perception 2 and Athletics 2 because at least those tricks benefit the whole party and you can make use of them.

The hot gossip that i have for you and that nobody seems to talk about is that DLC 3 seems to have a rod that is coded as a wand. I don't know if it's a bug or not, but being able to perpetually bolster/empower/maximize everything you cast would be absurd. But I fully expect to be disappointed by a hot fix.

run Invisible and just fight bosses

thats actually how a guy solo'd the game as a trickster kineticist

Last edited:

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Potential new bug found, you can't batter down the main gate in Drezen, it just tells you that you need to do all the other gates over and over again, even if you already opened all the other gates. Not sure if it triggered because I used all the levers instead of battering down the gates but it's very frustrating. Spent 40 minutes running through Drezen. Apparently there's a way to get into the citadel by collecting some keys so I'm going to try to do that.

Also the clean items function when you leave an area appears to not work at all. No matter how many times I check it and leave an area all the items remain when I return.

Desiderius

Patron
But Persuasion, UMD, and Religion are all absurd as well and Trickery might be best in game. Why do people get so fixated on blowing all their Feats on crits? Using auto-confirm to hit stuff they couldn’t touch otherwise?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
But Persuasion, UMD, and Religion are all absurd as well and Trickery might be best in game. Why do people get so fixated on blowing all their Feats on crits? Using auto-confirm to hit stuff they couldn’t touch otherwise?

Big numbers make pp hard

In general it's just nice crit fishing for seeing big number + killing stuff faster

But yeah often times "vital strike that deal 1k damage!" is overkill even in Unfair

Desiderius

Patron
Highly recommend TTT Mythic Tweaks for Trickster run, but yeah not with a caster. He's redone a lot of them in interesting ways.

Desiderius

Patron
Why am I in your fucking sig, Yosharian. You're a good player. Have some pride man.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

How can you even get to cave before lvl 7?

Huh? I am thousands of XP from level 7. I did like 3 side encounters in Act 2 and then got the random encounter for the Regill quest. So evidently, pretty easily

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Haplo you've mentioned before that instead of scythe mobility trickster build could use great axe for more focused single target damage. Any particular reason(s) to use great axes (except that IMO they look cooler on character than scythes)? E.g. is there some nice weapons in the game available relatively early to use?
Indeed. You can obtain Relic of Rovagug in Crusade mode during Act 2 and it can be reforged and enchanted to Grave Singer axe (chosen type) at the very start of Act 3 - which has 18-20/x3 crits (15-20/x4 with Improved Critical Mythic, potentially 11-20/x5/6/7 - with Trickster Perception 2 Trick feats and other bonuses). It also allows the wielder to get rid of some debuffs... at the cost of health.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Huh? I am thousands of XP from level 7. I did like 3 side encounters in Act 2 and then got the random encounter for the Regill quest. So evidently, pretty easily
But did you do all the sidequests possible? Iirc there's the village, the graveyard, the bandit camp, possible one more thing I'm forgetting about. Regill comes pretty early though, iirc it triggers as soon as you try and cross the river (it's not random: there are several main quest things that trigger from moving forward in act 2).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
But did you do all the sidequests possible? Iirc there's the village, the graveyard, the bandit camp, possible one more thing I'm forgetting about. Regill comes pretty early though, iirc it triggers as soon as you try and cross the river (it's not random: there are several main quest things that trigger from moving forward in act 2).

No, I still have some stuff left (graveyard is fairly insane on Unfair because you can’t prebuff, so I put it off), I just went to the Hellknight quest as soon as it spawned. But it seems to me you can easily be level 6 when it spawns considering how early it did for me :)

Last edited:

Tsubutai

Educated

No, I still have some stuff left (graveyard is fairly insane on Unfair because you can’t prebuff, so I put it off), I just went to the Hellknight quest as soon as it spawned. But it seems to me you can easily be level 6 when it spaens considering how early it did :)
The trick to prebuffing for the initial graveyard ambush is to do it with scrolls and potions from the inventory screen on the world map immediately before entering the graveyard. I also found that it was very helpful to do at least the initial part of the ambush in RTwP mode rather than turn-based because the first thing you want to do is move your whole party to one of the graveyard's edges so you're not surrounded, and if you're in turn-based mode and one of the zombies wins initiative, that plan will be scuppered.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom