Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

I realize that, but I failed my will save to resist giving you shit at the opportunity. And knowing you'd be buttblasted about it lol.

If you're gonna act like an arrogant weirdo then you gotta expect some people might enjoy giving it back. Ankle bite lol, an awful lot being said there, and it doesn't help you seem less arrogant or butthurt...
People call *me* autistic. I'm not butthurt, I'm trying to save you from a life of suckage. Pwning people online isn't worth your time even when you're right. Here you’re missing the forest for the trees.
Hah, you're either a bit autistic for real or at least very dedicated to this bit. It's ok man I was just giving you a hard time. There's no forest, there are no trees, just banter on the interwebs.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
(4) Glaive book gives bonus to Fighter using Glaive even without Weapon Training. Glaive Cleaver Demon Scion seems like it would be pretty good (I'm using Natural to set up Gold Dragon).

(5) Hosilla fight is *way* easier with Wend onside and choosing Demon option. Wend automatically kills revived Hosilla?
Yes x2. This has always been how those work. (Actually the Wend behaviour might have changed between patches, but it's been that way for over a year.)

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Hah, you're either a bit autistic for real or at least very dedicated to this bit. It's ok man I was just giving you a hard time. There's no forest, there are no trees, just banter on the interwebs.
No, his (and formerly my) initial premise gets generalized in a way that leads people to miss out on the genius of the ruleset. IHaveHugeNick made the same (common) mistake. If it were true (that most of the ruleset was meaningless filler) then he'd have a better example than the exact two classes that come up first when I'm thinking of multiclassing Lann. I thought the same thing initially, but if you take the time to think through the rationale of each archetype there are in fact a *lot* of interesting ways to put together a party, even using different companions for different threats as the game progresses, or Icewind Dale style team combinations for the DLC.

My son actually is autistic, a principal feature of which is not really caring what people think and why. I do care (perhaps a little too much) about that, which can understandably be mistaken for an undue concern with what people think about me (butthurt) but it is in fact the case that I'm too old for that shit now. My principal concern here is what people think about the game and how that shapes development priorities/the market for future games of this type.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just won this battle in the most idiotic way, without even trying.

Taking advantage of your mythic bonuses, cast grease on top of the concentration of enemies. Since you are so buffed, your Grease DC will be too high for anyone to ever break free. Minagho and the rest of the enemies are permanently knocked down. I mop up the enemies who are outside of the Grease, then turn off Deadly Aim on Lann, which is just enough for him to score hits against Minagho's AC of 40. Minagho was only able to cast her Wisdom ability drain once, and that's all the action she took in the whole combat. My other characters did a little work, but mostly spent the battle prone, as Daeran and Lann dealt most of the damage, since they were the only ones outside the grease. :lol:
uCKZ8eo.jpg

"How are you doing that? Where is your power coming from?"
"It's the Grease, baby. It's the Grease..."

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Just finished Maze with Dragonheir MC:

(2) Seems like they've put some work into the writing, or Wend just makes more sense if you team up with her from the start and choose Demon options. Still feels kind of shitty but at least less one-dimensional/has some logic to it.
I don't think they've changed this at all, but yeah, it makes way more sense if you go the Wenduag route from the start.

(4) Glaive book gives bonus to Fighter using Glaive even without Weapon Training. Glaive Cleaver Demon Scion seems like it would be pretty good (I'm using Natural to set up Gold Dragon).

I believe this has always been the case too. Any MC I've ever had has gotten the +1 bonus for glaives when reading the book.

(5) Hosilla fight is *way* easier with Wend onside and choosing Demon option. Wend automatically kills revived Hosilla?
For sure. It does suck that they put Lann right there to get murdered by Hosilla if she wins initiative (she attacks your party, putting her in reach of Lann who decides to shoot and eat the AoOs)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Welp, still cannot into Gargoyle Cave at level 7. Water elementals and transforms don’t do much, but Greater Invis shows promise, so’ll probably try that if I have a few hours off tomorrow

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Any mod which adds more dialog for the lich undead companions? I honestly liked them much more than the normal companions.
Turns out dead people don't have much to say. "Dead men tell no tales."
Sad they don't say more, honestly. I know they're don't-speak-unless-spoken-too undead golems, but I wish each of them had one 'moment' where they'd pipe up & interject about something related to them. Only one who does to any significant degree is Kestoglyr, and he's the most missable of the five. And Staunton, sort of.

Disappointed Delamere didn't have anything to say about finding out the temple that housed her was a demon outpost once you return to it after the Ivory Sanctum.
Disappointed Ciar didn't evoke any responses or groan out something when the rest of his still-living knight order storms your ziggurat in Chapter 5.
And disappointed most of all that there was no option to let Staunton be the one to finish off Minagho when you catch up to her in Alushinyrra.

Ah well, I guess every mythic ended up missing something people wanted.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Welp, still cannot into Gargoyle Cave at level 7. Water elementals and transforms don’t do much, but Greater Invis shows promise, so’ll probably try that if I have a few hours off tomorrow
Nenio (and/or Wolj!) can cast high level scrolls. IIRC NPCs like Reg and Yaker scale with mobs so giving them DR bypass can help since they're also immortal.

makes way more sense if you go the Wenduag route from the start
A lot more stress on Lann's outsider status among the Neathers, and he's kind of a dick about it if you go that way.

Last edited:

user

Savant
Want to make a stacked character to solo the game on hard without pulling too much hair out and go swarm. But there are so many bad guides out there. Was thinking of scaled fist 1 for the CHA to AC, paladin 2 for the CHA to saves, and the rest on sword saint for the INT to AC and initiative. Should I go for it and disregard flurry of blows and go scimitar for the sweet crit range (dervish dance or mythic finesse for DEX to damage), or use a monk weapon (slashing grace for DEX to damage), always keeping a hand free for crane wing and spell combat? And does spell combat even work with all this shit/is there any other nice stacked combo for soloing and eventually going swarm?

Yosharian

Arcane
Want to make a stacked character to solo the game on hard without pulling too much hair out and go swarm. But there are so many bad guides out there. Was thinking of scaled fist 1 for the CHA to AC, paladin 2 for the CHA to saves, and the rest on sword saint for the INT to AC and initiative. Should I go for it and disregard flurry of blows and go scimitar for the sweet crit range (dervish dance or mythic finesse for DEX to damage), or use a monk weapon (slashing grace for DEX to damage), always keeping a hand free for crane wing and spell combat? And does spell combat even work with all this shit/is there any other nice stacked combo for soloing and eventually going swarm?
Not mounted?

user

Savant
Not mounted?

Naaah... Would be better, I know, but don't want to.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This time I took Second Mystery - Nature instead of Boundless Healing on Daeran (for 1st mythic ability). My reasoning is that I shouldn't take so much damage that I'll need a heal during combat, and better to invest in preventing damage through Barkskin than in healing. On my last playthrough I turned him into a fulltime healbot but he was kind of taking up a party member slot and wasn't providing any damage, so I was on the fence about his usefulness.

Thoughts, anyone?

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
This time I took Second Mystery - Nature instead of Boundless Healing on Daeran (for 1st mythic ability). My reasoning is that I shouldn't take so much damage that I'll need a heal during combat, and better to invest in preventing damage through Barkskin than in healing. On my last playthrough I turned him into a fulltime healbot but he was kind of taking up a party member slot and wasn't providing any damage, so I was on the fence about his usefulness.

Thoughts, anyone?

I only used Daeran in my Lich playthrough, as Sosiel's Domain Abilities (with Impossible Domain) simply make him a superior choice in p. much all situations. But I did manage to turn him into a respectable damage dealer. Those Bracers you find in Blackwater give spontaneous Spellcasters lots of cool Evocation Spells that Daeran can't get otherwise (Chain Lightning, Stormbolts etc.) and can convert all Energy damage you do into Electricity. If you combine that with Red Salamander Ring, you get a bunch more really good damage Spells (Hellfire Ray, Fire Storm...) whose damage type is also auto-converted into Electricity. Combine that with Ascended Element - Electricity, (Mythic) Spell Penetration, (Mythic) Spell Focus Evocation, Metamagic, Rods and the like and you get a pretty solid nuker.

But you likely won't be getting those Bracers before level 12-13, so he'll have to be relegated to a healbot/buffbot role for almost half the game, unless you figure out a different way to build him.

user

Savant

Thoughts, anyone?
I always turn him into a healing/buff bot because with mythic channeling at M2 and the Phylactery his channels are quite nice. But I get enduring spells first and then boundless healing. Reach is also worth with more powerful spells like Heal. Friends to animals revelation is also incredible if you have pets.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Thoughts, anyone?
Just give him a Red Salamander and turn him into the blaster. With full item setup for the fire magic he is one of the strongest characters for this role (second is Ember, she got hexes but her main stat is lower and her spellbook sucks). And with feats you can go standard caster routine - Point Blank + Precise Shot, 2 Spell Penetrations, 2 School Focus (Evocation), Bolster + Empower Metamagic.

If you get Sorcerous Reflex at MR2 he can double fireball in the first round of the combat, and with Hide Armor of Elemental Carnage + Crossblooded Sorcerer dip (I usually take it at lvl 17) + Second Bloodline he can amass as much as +4 Fire damage per dice rolled.

scytheavatar

Scholar

Thoughts, anyone?

Daeran is meh compared to a mercenary Oracle cause with a mercenary Oracle you can take Nature and Waves. Which opens up the potential for Oracle cause now all your fireball is a Slow spell at the same time. Neoseeker has a good build for caster mercenary Oracle:

https://www.neoseeker.com/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/builds/Melee_Lich_Legend#Caster_Oracle

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Thoughts, anyone?

I only used Daeran in my Lich playthrough, as Sosiel's Domain Abilities (with Impossible Domain) simply make him a superior choice in p. much all situations. But I did manage to turn him into a respectable damage dealer. Those Bracers you find in Blackwater give spontaneous Spellcasters lots of cool Evocation Spells that Daeran can't get otherwise (Chain Lightning, Stormbolts etc.) and can convert all Energy damage you do into Electricity. If you combine that with Red Salamander Ring, you get a bunch more really good damage Spells (Hellfire Ray, Fire Storm...) whose damage type is also auto-converted into Electricity. Combine that with Ascended Element - Electricity, (Mythic) Spell Penetration, (Mythic) Spell Focus Evocation, Metamagic, Rods and the like and you get a pretty solid nuker.

But you likely won't be getting those Bracers before level 12-13, so he'll have to be relegated to a healbot/buffbot role for almost half the game, unless you figure out a different way to build him.

I agree that for me Sosiel a better pick by far.
But when I used Daeran, in that first half of the game, he was mostly on Demoralize duty. That's actually very helpful if your martials have Shatter Defenses. Helps land Nenio's or Ember's (Slumber!) CC too.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom