Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Charges still fail regularly in TB--meaning you start to charge and then stop as combat begins--especially if used as an alpha strike. And then it not only costs the charger their movement (they still get their turn in that opening round, but can only travel ~5 feet, and never reach the target), it also burns the MC's turn.

Codex Year of the Donut
Can't believe they managed to fix mounted combat. The UI is very intuitive and functional, it behaves well, you can get charges off when you have clear path and can even chain them. I also can't believe that even horn attacks connect on charge now, such a progress from even regular weapons not hitting half the time. Just very enjoyable experience.
One step closer to leaving early access.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Charges still fail regularly in TB--meaning you start to charge and then stop as combat begins--especially if used as an alpha strike. And then it not only costs the charger their movement (they still get their turn in that opening round, but can only travel ~5 feet, and never reach the target), it also burns the MC's turn.
I remember having that but haven't lately unless somehow I manage to get in the way of the opening charger before it resolves. Tbf Surprise round charging isn't supposed to be a thing (can't full attack in Surprise round) tough intuitively it does make sense so I can see why they allow it.

rojay

Scholar
I remember having that but haven't lately unless somehow I manage to get in the way of the opening charger before it resolves. Tbf Surprise round charging isn't supposed to be a thing (can't full attack in Surprise round) tough intuitively it does make sense so I can see why they allow it.
I've had no problem charging as an alpha strike in turn-based lately either. As long as the UI indicates I can perform a valid charge, it starts, then GET READY FOR BATTLE pops and the charge completes as expected. I'm not using any mods, though, so perhaps that's it?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
I have it happen at least once a game sessions, often more. Guess I'll look to see what mods might be responsible.

:hmmm:

Desiderius

Patron
I'm playing with a good many mods. Just make sure nothing has gotten in the way. Like rojay said it will interrupt you mid-charge to start combat but usually the charge will then complete. I've lost that Charge too a couple times but seem to remember there being a reason for it where before it was more often and random.

BTW, when you go back to Tower after Defense you can now interact with Faxon's group (straight to dialogue). I don't remember if that dialogue was there before since it's been so long since I didn't clear it early but in any event the quest now doesn't complete until after Defense.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
I always clear the tower before the defense (because Greybor is a coward who doesn't know what he's talking about). There is (or was?) a bug where the cinematic for Greybor killing his target left the game in a state where you couldn't attack them, but it was present only in TB. Switching to RT got me past though!

Desiderius

Patron
Didn’t work for me either way. Came back after Defense and was able to clear it (after the dialogue triggered that you don’t get if you jump them early).

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Sorry, I misspoke as it's been a while since that encounter. Found and followed the solution on reddit, which was what actuall got me past it (I'd also tried switching to RT which is why I remembered doing that):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...nemies_are_uninteractable_in_tower_of_estrod/

Recent hotfix changed something to the area, seems like they didnt test it. Seriously how many more times do they have to break things before they learn this?
You need to engage the fight without pillars. Which makes it much harder.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
@Daidre wait seriously they do? Holy crap.
And you can rest twice in safe places like your own bedroom (or ship in DLC 3) and get TWO food buffs simultaneously. Works for some dungeons, especially if you have teleportation network to get you in the right place before those buffs run out.

Desiderius

Patron
Sorry, I misspoke as it's been a while since that encounter. Found and followed the solution on reddit, which was what actuall got me past it (I'd also tried switching to RT which is why I remembered doing that):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...nemies_are_uninteractable_in_tower_of_estrod/

Recent hotfix changed something to the area, seems like they didnt test it. Seriously how many more times do they have to break things before they learn this?
Poor solution.

Use Pillars, walk past frozen dudes before defense to loot basement. Come back after Defense to finish quest, with dialogue check to eliminate half the Demons.

I wish someone would post a list of the items the DLC vendors sell
Cheap +5s. Infinite ingredients that were supposed to be relatively rare to limit rest buff spam. Nerfed for the whiners. Same as Dinosaur Bones.

The real weirdness is that undead apparently like to eat too.
In CotW undead were immune to Bard songs, including buffs. This also applied to Jaethal, which presented some interesting problems.

Owlcat lacks the resources to implement such things. Specifically the balls to stand up to Reddit whiners.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Does anyone like the "overworld" they put in these games? It killed Kingmaker for me outright. Now I'm in WotR's Act 3 and it's more of the same except there's HoMM-lite nonsense. I have this vague sense of how important soldiers are and where and when. Based off of Kingmaker, where the designers seemed determined to rip the fun out of the game at every conceivable moment, I get the feeling I'll end up in an irreversible "death spiral" (similar to Kingmaker) where I don't know I've engineering an unwinnable situation that won't be discovered until 10-20hrs down the road. It actually bums me out that this is a part of the game :lol:

I find overworld stuff to be slow and cumbersome. I wish it would be as slim and manageable as something like X-Com's strategic map. I can get 10 things done in X-Com and get into a new combat in the time it takes a Pathfinder loading screen to finish. Mods to make overworld movement faster help but the core issues with loading times and the UI remain.

If you find it too difficult you can always just knock the difficulty of the overworld management down to zero midgame.

Desiderius

Patron
Grotto (where you start DLC) vendor shows up at beginning of ch 3 and sells everything but unique items. Can buy without starting the voyage.

santino27

Arcane
Patron

Poor solution.

Use Pillars, walk past frozen dudes before defense to loot basement. Come back after Defense to finish quest, with dialogue check to eliminate half the Demons.
To each their own.

Desiderius

Patron
Fight’s a lot harder without the Pillars. I’m not skipping Defense anymore anyway since I want that Amulet from the Nabasu.

Killing that Nabasu feels like that hidden area in Guild Wars where you can fight lvl 8 dudes pre-Searing.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
I never skip the defense, I just do the whole map (other than post-defense Market Square, of course) before I trigger the defense. Then it's a quick trip to kill the nabasu and maybe the vrock and then grey garrison time.

Desiderius

Patron
I never skip the defense, I just do the whole map (other than post-defense Market Square, of course) before I trigger the defense. Then it's a quick trip to kill the nabasu and maybe the vrock and then grey garrison time.
It's kind of dumb now since you can just walk by Faxon and the demons at the Tower (as long as you trigger the columns) to get the Bow and Armor before Defense, but once Defense is done at lvl 6 it's trivial to hop back to Tower to finish off Faxon and pick up some EXP and items to sell. Post Defense there's no time limit so on higher difficulties I save everything SW of Gwerm until after Defense to do it fully buffed anyway.

Rhobar121

Scholar
It's kind of dumb now since you can just walk by Faxon and the demons at the Tower (as long as you trigger the columns) to get the Bow and Armor before Defense, but once Defense is done at lvl 6 it's trivial to hop back to Tower to finish off Faxon and pick up some EXP and items to sell. Post Defense there's no time limit so on higher difficulties I save everything SW of Gwerm until after Defense to do it fully buffed anyway.
You might as well kill him before.
If you chose a good option in shield maze, you get a buff that makes the whole fight much easier. You still need protection from energy to survive fireball (300g).

By the way, storyteller's artifacts shouldn't require resources?
I remember you had to get 5 magic essences at the premiere, now for some time it only requires one, which means you can make the covenant of the inheritor in 1 act.
A similar problem is with other artifacts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom