Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

razvedchiki

Magister
its really ridiculus you cant unsummon/park your mount outside when going indoors.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Shield Bash is OP as fuck and totally munchkin, FreeKaner confirmed for disgusting min-maxer.

I didn't think you could obtain this in the main game since it isn't listed as one of the items you can get from the Midnight Isles, but CRPGBro is recommending it as an item for Nenio. Is he talking out of his ass or can you actually obtain this?

Regular composite bow builds can be OP too, just makes sense. I min-max what I am playing, I just do it within reason, I won't take weird dips if it won't make sense nor play weird races. Using a greatsword or whatever from horseback is also a no go. I will definitely use scimitars just wish early scimitars they didn't look so stupid. At least later uniques look like actual scimitars/sabres instead of weird aladdin thing at start.

I thought you could play midnight isles from regular campaign?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is he talking out of his ass or can you actually obtain this?

Only if you have the DLC. I found it on one of them islands.
In the main campaign? Well shit. Which island? Is it a random drop?

Not a random drop, I think you got it from one of the early islands boss enemy, along with a quest item.

Edit: FreeKaner Yeah, Isles can be accessed from main campaign, similar to Kingmaker's DLC dungeon.

Yosharian

Arcane

Robe of the Seven Sins Tips & Builds​

• It's important to note that these do not give a bonus to caster level like most items - Instead they increase your caster level directly. This means they can advance your spells known, spell slots, and highest level spells you can cast by an appropriate amount. For instance you can get access to 10th level mythic spells 3 levels earlier with these robes (as early as Act 4!).

:what:

Yosharian

Arcane
How the fuck does that even work? How can an ITEM grant you spell progression? What the fuck happens if you unequip it?

Sounds fucking ridiculous.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Robe of the Seven SinsIf the wearer of this robe is a spellcaster, their caster level is increased by 3, the save DC against all their spells is increased by 1, and they gain a +5 competence bonus on caster level checks to overcome spell resistance.The Treasure of the Midnight Isles every turn.

I didn't think you could obtain this in the main game since it isn't listed as one of the items you can get from the Midnight Isles, but CRPGBro is recommending it as an item for Nenio. Is he talking out of his ass or can you actually obtain this?
You can obtain it in the main game, Chapter 4.

How the fuck does that even work? How can an ITEM grant you spell progression? What the fuck happens if you unequip it?
This robe worked like this for some time, treating you a bit like merged caster with 3 extra levels, but Owlcat fixed it.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Desiderius what is some other classes that can do mounted combat well aside from cavalier? I was doing a longspear charge build with order of the sword, it deals a lot of damage on charge (can crit about 200 with demon path by act 3 & level 10) but I want a less charge focused one because I felt I only dealt damage on charge despite being somewhat tanky.
Is sword & board mounted combat good? Not as focused on charge (ofc charging when possible is still good), Seelah on horse seemed really good too. I wonder if there are other alternatives to more staying in melee and dealing damage archetypes (maybe with trample)?
(a) Haplo and Daidre and probably Yosharian have the most powerful Mounted builds. If you play a Mounted MC you can usually set up combat to open with a Charge so that helps you get them in. Haplo uses Travel Domain + Domain Zealot to reposition for additional charges.

(b) Board is unnecessary mounted. You get attacked occasionally but not enough to make it worth it. Seelah's fine mounted but not really playing to her strengths or the strengths of Mounted Combat. Divine Weapon Bond is really good and works well making up for the malus of a Tower and/or Fighting Defensively (she starts with Dodge so one level of Monk can also get her Crane Style as well if you want). I find that Seelah a much more satisfying use of her talents. The item that makes her Smite AC Sacred will let her tank *almost* everything and she can get pretty tanky with the +3 Tower early.

(c) Mounted Daeran in contrast (vis Nature Second Mystery) is just a great fit since it takes care of his Curse and Friend of Animals makes his Mount much more resilient (plus it gives him some good spells)

(d) Mounted Combat Feats can end up very good (especially the Saves one - pretty much mandatory with the Relic that gives Mount +6 STR) but take awhile to get there (there's a +10 Mobility belt at HK camp) so not worth taking early. In TTT you can get full attacks even when Mount moves but it takes 14 ranks in Mobility to unlock.

Urban Hunter, Divine Hound, Mad Dog, Sohei, Sacred Huntmaster, Nomad, and Arcane Rider all have their own quirks but are fun to play. Pets with Trips can set up some nice synergies with riders who have AoOs.

I went demon path so I was using demonic charge for repositioning, but as I said I don't want a charge focused mounted build, which maybe a waste. Specifically because since I got demonic charge I agree that Seelah is better with divine weapon, I just wanted to try her out with a mount (I wasn't using her in my party, Camilia is my go to tank).

Maybe it is a bit futile to try to make a consistent damage frontliner with mounted combat, since so many of your bonuses go towards charge. Mounted combat and indomitable mount are both surprisingly good with how much mobility you can get, trample with several AoOs also sounds good. Maybe with improved crit & mythic improved crit on a 18-20 weapon like scimitar.

Still disappointing that shield is bad, I hate how shields are bad in most RPGs. Don't want to wear a greatsword from back off the horse.
I don't have to explain math but you aren't using a Skald, ok buddy

Complain about your damage not being high enough but then arbitrarily set weird restrictions on yourself, hmm ok

Longspear will never be a great weapon, it's just average, not that it matters because mounted combat is hilariously OP no matter what you use
Angel gets an early +4 Longspear and there’s an awesome one that’s admittedly pretty late. TTT treats them like Lances so if you like that play pattern it’s a good way to go.

Don’t listen to the solo memers on Shields. Game has a lot of good ones starting early and with six characters you’ve got more than enough extra damage to spend some on some resilience.

I’m holding off on my Mounted playthrough for when they fix the Halfling Cav but that thing’s going to be bullet (and Spell) proof.

Desiderius

Patron
What armor is that? looks fucking awesome

Flowing scales, you buy it from army camp at act 2. It is not great but yeah looks really good.
Living Ram and even the one that gives +2 AC vs Natural Attacks probably better, but you get Comradery soon enough.

Just noticed that Reg gets +4 AC vs Devils. Looking forward to that Meph fight.

Yosharian

Arcane
Robe of the Seven SinsIf the wearer of this robe is a spellcaster, their caster level is increased by 3, the save DC against all their spells is increased by 1, and they gain a +5 competence bonus on caster level checks to overcome spell resistance.The Treasure of the Midnight Isles every turn.

This robe worked like this for some time, treating you a bit like merged caster with 3 extra levels, but Owlcat fixed it.
Oh. Ok. So it just gives you a normal +CL now?

Edit: yep tested it just now it's just +3 CL. That's awesome, much easier to hit 24h spells now

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Oh. Ok. So it just gives you a normal +CL now?
That’s enough. This was needed for consistent Dispels on non-MC.

Desiderius

Patron
You might as well kill him before.
Why? I get more EXP from the Mobility/Column checks, the guys the columns kill, the Intimidate check, and killing the Templar that spawns. I get to items early anyway without having to blow the 300g, which I what I'm there for.

You could get it at release too, there are 5 essences in C1.
One (two?) of which are in Garrison, which is too late. I tried to get it in Act 1 recently and it wasn't available. Are you sure it only takes one now?
300 gold is nothing. Spending those 2-3k gold makes it much easier to complete most of the content in act 1 before stay of execution. It's free exp that allows you to reach level 5 quite quickly.
The weapon you get for killing him allows you to easily kill shadows in the market.
Finean requires Woljif to be recruited, so I don't do that until fairly late in Act 1.
The Kukri? You still get that if you tip over the columns. If you've got the patience to do most of Kenabres without Wolj on high difficulties you're a better man than I. The EXP difference just isn't worth it.

Blightmaw is tough when you go there with no arcane casters so you can't cheese his low reflex, playing at core difficulty and I had two deaths killing him, didn't have raise dead scrolls either so there goes the two scales of terendelev. In hindsight not having at least displacement was a silly decision, let alone no haste and no web/grease.
Best thing against Blightmaw is unlocking your Mythic Path first. The Banner debuffs him.
I'm not sure if kukri works, marching terror definitely doesn't.
As for clearing most of Act 1 in a 4 man party, it's not a big deal. Last time I was saving up spell slots so much that I ended up most of the market with half my spells.

What is most important is a good tank that can only survive on long buffs like barkskin and mage armor.
The pet is of course the best. Both Lann and Wenduag are ideal for this purpose.

The first few fights in the market are very easy and do not require much tactics. It's just important not to fight more than one group of enemies at a time. In this area, the most difficult is the fight with the group in the middle where there is a gnome fighter.
After clearing the entire area (except ember), you should create a bridge to the other side.
It is important that all athletics checks are successfully completed otherwise it will be much more difficult because of the debuff.

Fighting the bugs is very simple, just send the pet in front, the other group will be killed by the NPC if you get close enough.
Fighting in the center of the market is easy if you have remove fear, otherwise there is a bit of rng.
Just stay away from the clerics until you kill all the melee.

Fighting the swarm is long but easy. The easiest way to do it is with a single character.
Seelah is perfect for this. Take off her armor and give her a glaive.
The fight is trivial, just hit once and then run away until the next turn. Because swarms are slow, you can do it without any threat.

The fight against the bugs is very easy, the second group will be killed by the npcs if you get close enough.

The fight with 3x Abrikandilu can be quite difficult and if you don't feel up to it, you might as well leave it for later.

The next fight is a group of cultists near the temple. The wizard is the most dangerous here, if you manage to kill him within 2 turns you win, otherwise he will kill your pet.

It is best to start the fight with Vermlek from the back. You place a pet next to it so that it can't cast inflict wounds then eliminate the wizards (they are easier than the previous one).

Then you purge ghouls, bugs and a small group of demons.

If you managed to kill 3x Abrikandil you can go down and then clear the first group of enemies. To make the whole fight easier, you can lead them to the npc.

At this point, you have cleared most of the market without rest.

Estrod's tower is also simple as long as you made a good choice in shield maze.
First you use the columns to reduce the number of enemies and then finish off the rest.
With the weapon you can go back and kill the shadows.
Of course, you can also start with Estrod Tower, and that will probably be more optimal.

What can be problematic is the quest with Nienio (you can't skip this shit). This requires some luck because the enemies will start attacking your character right away.
Nienio, of course, I immediately sent to the tavern.

If you made it, congratulations, you can finally rest for the first time.
Then you can go to Daeran's mansion (after the fight he doesn't automatically start a conversation so you can not finish the quest).
On your way back, you can also visit the Silken Thread Atelier.
If you use columns now it freezes Faxon and the demons in the middle until after Defense. That was the whole point.

I’ve done the four characters with EXP sharing off thing in P:K and the amount of EXP you get is soon dwarfed by how much it takes to get from 6 to 7 etc. Just not worth the risk/aggravation.

Daidre

Arcane
I’ve done the four characters with EXP sharing off thing in P:K and the amount of EXP you get is soon dwarfed by how much it takes to get from 6 to 7 etc. Just not worth the risk/aggravation.
Well, I had ridiculous amount of fun soloing Market Squire with different classes. It is much smoother experience than soloing early Kingmaker because there are some zero-combat quests in Wrath, like finding secret tunnel to the Gray Garrison and solving Ramien vs Hulrun Dilemma that can put you easily to lvl 6 with xp share off. It is much easier with pet classes, but my current run is Primalist/Vivi 2 with natural attacks, and it is surprising how many mini-bosses she can solo with Displacement potion/Mirror Image Scroll/Greater Invis scroll.

She literally ate Chapter 1's Nabassu in 2 rounds with her 6 Natural attacks at lvl 7, all alone, on gutted Unfair without x2 damage multiplier.

Rhobar121

Scholar
You might as well kill him before.
Why? I get more EXP from the Mobility/Column checks, the guys the columns kill, the Intimidate check, and killing the Templar that spawns. I get to items early anyway without having to blow the 300g, which I what I'm there for.

You could get it at release too, there are 5 essences in C1.
One (two?) of which are in Garrison, which is too late. I tried to get it in Act 1 recently and it wasn't available. Are you sure it only takes one now?
300 gold is nothing. Spending those 2-3k gold makes it much easier to complete most of the content in act 1 before stay of execution. It's free exp that allows you to reach level 5 quite quickly.
The weapon you get for killing him allows you to easily kill shadows in the market.
Finean requires Woljif to be recruited, so I don't do that until fairly late in Act 1.
The Kukri? You still get that if you tip over the columns. If you've got the patience to do most of Kenabres without Wolj on high difficulties you're a better man than I. The EXP difference just isn't worth it.

Blightmaw is tough when you go there with no arcane casters so you can't cheese his low reflex, playing at core difficulty and I had two deaths killing him, didn't have raise dead scrolls either so there goes the two scales of terendelev. In hindsight not having at least displacement was a silly decision, let alone no haste and no web/grease.
Best thing against Blightmaw is unlocking your Mythic Path first. The Banner debuffs him.
I'm not sure if kukri works, marching terror definitely doesn't.
As for clearing most of Act 1 in a 4 man party, it's not a big deal. Last time I was saving up spell slots so much that I ended up most of the market with half my spells.

What is most important is a good tank that can only survive on long buffs like barkskin and mage armor.
The pet is of course the best. Both Lann and Wenduag are ideal for this purpose.

The first few fights in the market are very easy and do not require much tactics. It's just important not to fight more than one group of enemies at a time. In this area, the most difficult is the fight with the group in the middle where there is a gnome fighter.
After clearing the entire area (except ember), you should create a bridge to the other side.
It is important that all athletics checks are successfully completed otherwise it will be much more difficult because of the debuff.

Fighting the bugs is very simple, just send the pet in front, the other group will be killed by the NPC if you get close enough.
Fighting in the center of the market is easy if you have remove fear, otherwise there is a bit of rng.
Just stay away from the clerics until you kill all the melee.

Fighting the swarm is long but easy. The easiest way to do it is with a single character.
Seelah is perfect for this. Take off her armor and give her a glaive.
The fight is trivial, just hit once and then run away until the next turn. Because swarms are slow, you can do it without any threat.

The fight against the bugs is very easy, the second group will be killed by the npcs if you get close enough.

The fight with 3x Abrikandilu can be quite difficult and if you don't feel up to it, you might as well leave it for later.

The next fight is a group of cultists near the temple. The wizard is the most dangerous here, if you manage to kill him within 2 turns you win, otherwise he will kill your pet.

It is best to start the fight with Vermlek from the back. You place a pet next to it so that it can't cast inflict wounds then eliminate the wizards (they are easier than the previous one).

Then you purge ghouls, bugs and a small group of demons.

If you managed to kill 3x Abrikandil you can go down and then clear the first group of enemies. To make the whole fight easier, you can lead them to the npc.

At this point, you have cleared most of the market without rest.

Estrod's tower is also simple as long as you made a good choice in shield maze.
First you use the columns to reduce the number of enemies and then finish off the rest.
With the weapon you can go back and kill the shadows.
Of course, you can also start with Estrod Tower, and that will probably be more optimal.

What can be problematic is the quest with Nienio (you can't skip this shit). This requires some luck because the enemies will start attacking your character right away.
Nienio, of course, I immediately sent to the tavern.

If you made it, congratulations, you can finally rest for the first time.
Then you can go to Daeran's mansion (after the fight he doesn't automatically start a conversation so you can not finish the quest).
On your way back, you can also visit the Silken Thread Atelier.
If you use columns now it freezes Faxon and the demons in the middle until after Defense. That was the whole point.

I'm aware of this, but it can be done.
Although I didn't feel like trying it in my last game.
Due to the fact that this is a bug, I had absolutely no remorse to fix it with a toybox. Of course, I first used all the scrolls and other consumables I would normally use (I don't like to cheat if I don't have to).

Getting to level 7 at the very beginning of act 2 is really helpful.
Sharing exp gives almost half of the experience bar if you do Sosiel's quest with a party of 4.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Well, I had ridiculous amount of fun soloing Market Squire with different classes. It is much smoother experience than soloing early Kingmaker because there are some zero-combat quests in Wrath, like finding secret tunnel to the Gray Garrison and solving Ramien vs Hulrun Dilemma that can put you easily to lvl 6 with xp share off. It is much easier with pet classes, but my current run is Primalist/Vivi 2 with natural attacks, and it is surprising how many mini-bosses she can solo with Displacement potion/Mirror Image Scroll/Greater Invis scroll.

She literally ate Chapter 1's Nabassu in 2 rounds with her 6 Natural attacks at lvl 7, all alone, on gutted Unfair without x2 damage multiplier.
Act 1 on unfair in Kingsmaker is probably one of the least enjoyable RPG experiences I've ever had.
Only kingsmaker's prologue is worse.
I don't even know if it's even possible to do it on unfair, without abusing the mechanics.
I completed it once and even my optimized scaled fist wasn't able to effectively tank and kill enemies before dying.
The worst thing is that as the first companions you get almost completely useless idiots/casters and when you can't rest even once throughout the prologue.
To finish it off I took advantage of the fact that companions can't be killed and just hid my character and waited for the gnome to kill all the enemies.
It was over 2 hours long prologue. I'm never going to do that again.

Act 1 was little better, it's next proof that Owlcat can't design a difficulty curve.
Act 1 is more difficult than the entire later game.

Humbaba

Arcane
Finally for the first time in 360+ hours Camellia left the basement alive and well. Very interested in seeing how far they take her romance. Gotta commend the writers for actually having the balls to make an actually evil romance option for once instead of only doing the half assed "bitch with a good heart" routine i.e. Wenduag.

I've already been spoiled on a bit of Cam's romance, namely that the spirit shtick is all bullshit and that she's actually just completely insane. Still curious on what else there is.

Desiderius

Patron
The what now? Isn't that the standart one use?
I meant scene with thieflings, they give almost 3k xp, and we never get to see that tunnel with our own eyes. It is main story quest, impossible to miss.
Evidently it wasn’t for most people because they had to add a dude at the beginning of the area to tell them it was there.

Daidre

Arcane
It was over 2 hours long prologue. I'm never going to do that again.
Well, battle for the Oleg's trading post on Unfair, before it was nerfed into the ground, was probably hardest fight for me between both games BY FAR. It took like 3 hours of reloads to do it without losing some character. And starting party setup with 14 STR Fighter and 16 STR barbarian really does not help - may those feeble bitches rot in buildmaker hell forever.

At least Owlcat learned from their mistakes, stat adjustment from difficulty settings no longer implemented with flat number in Wrath - now difference in enemy's AB/AC between Core and Unfair could be anywhere in like 2-20+ range depending on enemy.

Rhobar121

Scholar
The what now? Isn't that the standart one use?
I meant scene with thieflings, they give almost 3k xp, and we never get to see that tunnel with our own eyes. It is main story quest, impossible to miss.
Evidently it wasn’t for most people because they had to add a dude at the beginning of the area to tell them it was there.
What happens if you fail a perception test during this conversation?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom