Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Absurd RNG incoming:

So speaking of Rod of Mysticism:

Sos 10 True Strike Searing Crit vs Ghost.jpg

Fighting Hard Sarkorian Ghost with lvl 10 Sos. Can do this with regular Max Rod as well since Searing Light is lvl 3. Better Lucky than Good, but Sos has the tools to be very lucky.

Lann Extended Snowball.jpg

Ghost not so lucky on the save. Extend Rod makes Stagger 12 s, but Rime Meta (Entangle on Cold damage, from TTT/Codex) still only 6 sec. It will be enough.

Nenio 10 Battering Blast Bull Rush knocking back Ghost sneaks from Vitals.jpg

Knocking Staggered/Entangled (debuffed CMD by 6 if my math is correct - looks like flat-footed so doesn't matter) Ghost backwards is pretty nice. Notice Vitals adding Force Sneaks. Too bad missing the Force Knife.

Sos crit Searing Light vs Hard Ghost.jpg

Lol, Sos with another crit. Original plan was to eat Ghost spells with Summons but did enough damage to take the fight to him. Ghost still got Rift off but Seelah made save after she whiffed trying to finish Ghost off.

Nenio 10 Crit with Battering Blast.jpg

Nenio gets in on the act. Daeran probably sets up better for Ray nuking than Sosiel since he's DEX-based but the Luck Domain abilities (and Touch of Good) are really Good too.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
How to bypass SR and beat saves on Hard:

Nenio 10 Shadow Evocation.jpg

Shadow Evocation (Shout) on Nenio with TTT to make Shadow spells use Illusion DCs like they're supposed to. If you want to really go off play Phantasmal Mage Azata with Shadow Spells (lets Arcanist memorize a whole spellbook). Looks like Fort is weak save on Vrock but high CON on Hard makes up for it.

Sos 10 big crit vs Vrock.jpg

Sos follows up. The phag is on a roll.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3668055

Physical Rewards: Status Update​

Hello, Pathfinders!

We are continuing to share with you the current status of your physical rewards.

The time since the previous update has not been very exciting, sadly. To be honest, we had no idea that changing the location of manufacturing and all the logistical chains will take so much time, but maybe other people here on Kickstarter can learn something from our example. During the past month, we mostly dealt with negotiations and paperwork. We had to update a lot of papers once more, because the conditions and prices of shipping change rapidly right now. But don’t worry, you won’t have to pay anything! We are covering all the additional costs ourselves. Now, with that out of our way, we are hoping the shipping will finally resume.

If you moved recently, please tell us about it via team@owlcatgames.com, as we need to manually update the address in your invoice. If you changed the address on https://wrath.owlcat.games/ we won’t be alerted about it automatically, so please contact us as soon as possible.

Once again, we apologize for this situation, and hoping that in the next update, we will finally be able to tell you that your Collector’s Editions are coming home to you!

Love, Owlcats

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's funny how real life production grinds to a pulp all those digital entrepreneurs. Reminds me of the situation with Linus Media Group who spent 2 years making a screwdriver.

Yosharian

Arcane
Anyone know at what point one imports the savegame from Inevitable Excess, which determines what items you get from the rifts?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone know at what point one imports the savegame from Inevitable Excess, which determines what items you get from the rifts?

IIRC after taking drezen, when you do your first council.
You get a pop up and you can select the save.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
TTT/Dark Codex has them. Armor isn’t “so weak” since like any other item slot it comes with various bonuses and even abilities. Let fake Yaniel get killed for a good Heavy and Comradery is great Medium.
You mean during chapter 2? What kind of choice is it? You attack fake yaniel?

Desiderius

Patron
TTT/Dark Codex has them. Armor isn’t “so weak” since like any other item slot it comes with various bonuses and even abilities. Let fake Yaniel get killed for a good Heavy and Comradery is great Medium.
You mean during chapter 2? What kind of choice is it? You attack fake yaniel?
She fights the undead valiantly but alas succumbs to her wounds. She would have wanted you to have her gear. We aggroed that Shadow Demon accidentally and had to go fight it first. Honest, AreeSu!

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Prompt to choose DLC 1 save appears in the beginning of Chapter 2, during dialogue with the Queen in the commander's tent, after she introduces Sosiel and Nurah.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Prompt to choose DLC 1 save appears in the beginning of Chapter 2, during dialogue with the Queen in the commander's tent, after she introduces Sosiel and Nurah.

Daidre is right, it's not after taking Drezen.
Drezen made no sense since according to your choices during the DLC you get different items immediately in chapter II.

Desiderius

Patron
Domain Zealot Reg using Touch of Law for save, skill check, and attack:

Touch of Law.jpg

Touch of Law lets the target roll 11 on everything for a turn. Saves, skill checks, attacks, etc... Here can see all three (Cornugan is nice with TTT Shatter). If you think things thru can really get your money's worth. Will get Inspiring Command soon (can use pre-combat) and maybe Travel Domain for Swift Teleport.

Crit Attack with maluses Tank Seelah.jpg

Seelah using Keen Scimitar (lets Divine Bond make weapon +4) to good effect. Using bonuses to make up for maluses.

Tank Seelah 58 AC lvl 11.jpg

Here's what you get for (some of) those maluses. Poor Regill gave Touch of Rolling 15s to Gorm. Seelah's AC getting up there nicely.

*Looks like Defensive Study AC does NOT get shared by Vanguard's Bond* though. Switched from Spawn Slayer to Vanguard since Spawn ability not working.

Oppressors Gloves.jpg

Easy crits also trigger Oppressor's Gloves malus. Nenio crit missed a save on Confusion from Glabrezu so couldn't take advantage.

Seelah slicing up Hard Gormandizer.jpg

Sos has Improved Crit now to go with perma-advantage.

Nenio 34 DC Shadow Confusion.jpg

Nenio gets her revenge with Shadow Confusion.

New Damage Breakdown feature is handy:

Vanguard 11 damage breakdown.jpg

Looking forward to picking up Aeonbane soon. Isn't Gaze supposed to be Free Action now? It's still using a Swift.

Yosharian

Arcane
Owlcat are at it again with their retarded character builds

Just recruited Lann to find that he has COMBAT REFLEXES at level 1. Without Snap Shot. And he took it instead of Precise Shot. So he has -4 to hit most of the time.

Godamn Shield Maze is hard enough without this 10 IQ character building

Yosharian

Arcane
I think I'm gonna have to turn the damage scaling down to 1.0. 2x incoming damage is just ridiculous. My fucking boar is getting one-shot by basic attacks lol

Desiderius

Patron
Owlcat are at it again with their retarded character builds

Just recruited Lann to find that he has COMBAT REFLEXES at level 1. Without Snap Shot. And he took it instead of Precise Shot. So he has -4 to hit most of the time.

Godamn Shield Maze is hard enough without this 10 IQ character building
He always has. Is this your kid posting on your account?

ZA gets Snap for free at level 9. And Precise for free at lvl 2. I think Reflexes is prereq hint for Seize the Moment**, though that’s going to take some work to trigger. Biggest problem is that they forgot to remove Rapid* prereq for Improved Snap (or give Improved/Greater to ZA free at later lvls like Instinctual Warrior gets the Blind Fights).

* - big benefit of ZA is getting Flurry instead of Rapid, saving a Feat and a Mythic

** - ranged can’t flank, but can threaten. Outflank requires the former, Seize the latter. If you multiclass Lann into a class with Solo Tactics or Tactician, the Reflexes are a prereq to choose Seize for those.

Desiderius

Patron
Does crane wing & crane riposte still work without having one hand free?
The meme is obsolete anyway.

Turns out chasing most exploits isn’t even good. Play the game - plenty there to keep you occupied.

Crane’s good on stuff that want to have a free hand already in most cases (and some of those want Dragon/Pummeling), not so much otherwise.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

Turns out chasing most exploits isn’t even good. Play the game - plenty there to keep you occupied.

Crane’s good on stuff that want to have a free hand already in most cases (and some of those want Dragon/Pummeling), not so much otherwise.

Crane style is still +2 attack and +1ac for anyone who uses fighting defensively, which is a decent investment for 2 feats on anyone who you want to keep fighting defensively on permanently. Crane wing & crane riposte is more questionable investment, since it is 2 feats for +1ap and +4 AC once per turn and the whole thing is huge opportunity cost but it works well for anyone who is not fully martial and needs to frontline. I am just giving it to camellia who benefits nicely from the basically one extra AoO per turn, I was curious if I should keep a buckler equipped or not since I use her as my tank&buffer&trickery and the crane path really meshes well with a full caster frontliner. She is a whole package by herself by being a full divine caster with trickery and she starts to deal some decent damage after getting her battle master hex, intimidate hex and shatter defenses too, perfect for triggering outflank as well with keen enhanced rapier. Indispensable really.

As stated before I agree that going full AC stacking is a waste most of the time and is just a clutch for playing badly (facetanking more than necessary) and loses you too much damage but stacking AC on a character that can serve the role of buffer & outflank enabler is a different matter, because while you can definitely build Camelia as a DPS gish but I like her this way since she fills so many gaps at once.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Crane style is still +2 attack and +1ac for anyone who uses fighting defensively, which is a decent investment for 2 feats on anyone who you want to keep fighting defensively on permanently. Crane wing & crane riposte is more questionable investment, since it is 2 feats for +1ap and +4 AC once per turn and the whole thing is huge opportunity cost but it works well for anyone who is not fully martial and needs to frontline. I am just giving it to camellia who benefits nicely from the basically one extra AoO per turn, I was curious if I should keep a buckler equipped or not since I use her as my tank&buffer&trickery and the crane path really meshes well with a full caster frontliner. She is a whole package by herself by being a full divine caster with trickery and she starts to deal some decent damage after getting her battle master hex, intimidate hex and shatter defenses too, perfect for triggering outflank as well with keen enhanced rapier. Indispensable really.

As stated before I agree that going full AC stacking is a waste most of the time and is just a clutch for playing badly (facetanking more than necessary) and loses you too much damage but stacking AC on a character that can serve the role of buffer & outflank enabler is a different matter, because while you can definitely build Camelia as a DPS gish but I like her this way since she fills so many gaps at once.
Don't fight defensively. Nobody's making you. And +2 AB/+1AC is an awful investment of two feats when you're scaling from 0 to 100. Improved Unarmed + Dodge + Crane + Wing ends up being four. Look, I had it on five different characters my first time thru P:K. Whatever you do you've still got a -2 AB malus you don't need and you've blown a big stack of feats that have nothing to do with your main class.

Frontliners just need Barkskin, items, and smart play. You can *try* to tank bosses with one hard target (I'm doing it right now on Seelah with Tower) but it's an uphill battle and not completely necessary.

Good Bucklers start showing up in Drezen and she already has Iceplant and the ring if you want more AC on her (Reduce also helps). As a 3/4 the -2 AB even with Crane is going to bite.

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
You don't need fighting defensively on 5 characters, that is a waste, I have it only on one. You want your characters to do what they are attempting to do not aimlessly stack AC, however if you do have a character whose job is mainly being present, triggering outflanks (via keen rapier), casting buffs and unlocking/disarming then fighting defensively is fine. Just because unfocused builds are bad doesn't mean coherent ones are bad.

Desiderius

Patron
You don't need fighting defensively on 5 characters, that is a waste, I have it only on one. You want your characters to do what they are attempting to do not aimlessly stack AC, however if you do have a character whose job is mainly being present, triggering outflanks (via keen rapier), casting buffs and unlocking/disarming then fighting defensively is fine. Just because unfocused builds are bad doesn't mean coherent ones are bad.
That’s what I’m doing with Seelah (who starts with Dodge and Shield Focus, can use a Scimitar to do the crit fishing starting at lvl5, has Bless Weapon to autoconfirm crits, has full BAB in any case and whose Divine Weapon Bond is min/level, and doesn’t have fast spell progression or Hexes).

Coherence is also about playing to the strengths of the class and the build you’re given. If you want to respec Seelah away from that you can also respec Cam into STR-based that her class abilities want.

How are you getting Crane on Cam anyway? She can’t splash Monk.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Speaking of Crane Style, anybody got any thoughts or experience re. Quarterstaff Master monk? I've found a portrait I really like that would suit the character I have in mind :)

Duff class or usable with a bit of care and attention? Is it worth leaning into the CM stuff?

aloeh

Novice
Ember kinda takes a while to get going as a Enchanter. You very likely need at least one level in Loremaster to pick up Greater Command, which requires two Feats. Then you need 2 Spell Focus Feats and 2 Spell Pen ones. So she only fully comes online at level 15, unless you put more levels in Loremaster for extra Feats.
My Ember with a build of hellfire does Brrrrrrrrrr

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom