Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

I am not going to play with recruits with minmaxed builds like scald or BFT, thank you. Only actual companions, no rerolls, only classes that make sense for those companions so nearly no dips.

I am fighting a Succubus in Act 1 that has 40 AC. Is 31 AC meant to be scary or something?

It is 35ac on flat-foot, normally 47. I also killed that Succubus just so you know, though she has more like 30 ac on core? This is not meant to be a "boast", I dislike this system that requires stacking so many bonuses to match a flat-footed enemy AC. It is such bloatware and unfair even more so.
Ehh that's fair I guess, for a non-minmaxed party it's challenging.

I just think if you aren't exploiting Shatter on the higher difficulties then you're playing the game badly and you have no right to complain.

And yeah that Succubus is a complete cunt on Unfair stats, 40 AC and she has permanent concealment. Had to get my Woljif build to tank her because he has Uncanny Dodge.

She's piss easy if you have access to Dispel though, but I was only level 5 at the time and annoyingly Arcanist is a level behind Wizard on progression. Serves me right for respeccing Nenio into an Alchemist to deal with those rat swarms I guess
Nice thing is the Prot from Evil that gives immunity to her Dominate also gives DR to her attax since they don’t count as Evil for some reason.

F Fire does remove Concealment but it doesn’t bypass SR.

Desiderius

Patron

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I am not going to play with recruits with minmaxed builds like scald or BFT, thank you. Only actual companions, no rerolls, only classes that make sense for those companions so nearly no dips.
I don’t either.

I’m talking basic skills, spells, and abilities. You’re barely scratching the surface.

“Why do you care/single-player game”

Because memes like this is how shit gets needlessly nerfed.

Git mediocre.

What is that I am missing with my party composition? My character is cavalier, my party has Camelia, Woljif, Daeran, Wenduag and Arue. I am also beating enemy AC even at a nat1, critical miss aside.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I am fighting a Succubus in Act 1 that has 40 AC. Is 31 AC meant to be scary or something?

It is 35ac on flat-foot, normally 47. I also killed that Succubus just so you know, though she has more like 30 ac on core? This is not meant to be a "boast", I dislike this system that requires stacking so many bonuses to match a flat-footed enemy AC. It is such bloatware and unfair even more so.

I just think if you aren't exploiting Shatter on the higher difficulties then you're playing the game badly and you have no right to complain.

And yeah that Succubus is a complete cunt on Unfair stats, 40 AC and she has permanent concealment. Had to get my Woljif build to tank her because he has Uncanny Dodge.

She's piss easy if you have access to Dispel though, but I was only level 5 at the time and annoyingly Arcanist is a level behind Wizard on progression. Serves me right for respeccing Nenio into an Alchemist to deal with those rat swarms I guess
I'm still pretty sure Glitterdust should dispel that effect. And Daeran even comes with Glitterdust as a spell-like ability AFAIR.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
You’re, uh, missing a LOT of bonuses there. Time for Haplo school for you.

That's fair. I guess you could take Nobility Domain on Sosiel. Its less impactful then some others... but party wide and multiple use.

Though not taking a skald with a non-kitsune/non-barbarian charging MC... hmm... maybe reconsider? You'll be loosing out big time.
Could always respec one of the party members to be a skald. Even keep their original class levels on those that join early.

Aarwolf

Learned
Those gallu fuckers from chapter six are hardest enemies in the game indeed, especially because they show up after cutscenes or behind walls and you can't charge them before they cast.

Trickster with Persuasion rank 3 laughs at their smoldering corpses.

Desiderius

Patron

I'm still pretty sure Glitterdust should dispel that effect. And Daeran even comes with Glitterdust as a spell-like ability AFAIR.
Glitterdust doesn’t work vs Concealment (Displacement/Blur), while Faerie Fire does. There was a recent patch note that said Invis should now properly give concealment bonus. It always has when undetected. It looks like they added the Displacement concealment to Invis.

Desiderius

Patron
You’re, uh, missing a LOT of bonuses there. Time for Haplo school for you.

That's fair. I guess you could take Nobility Domain on Sosiel. Its less impactful then some others... but party wide and multiple use.

Though not taking a skald with a non-kitsune/non-barbarian charging MC... hmm... maybe reconsider? You'll be loosing out big time.
Could always respec one of the party members to be a skald. Even keep their original class levels on those that join early.
He doesn’t even have a Morale bonus for God’s sake. Reg gets Inspiring Command without having to burn a Mythic but no need for anything that complicated when he’s missing half the basics.

You’re making the game harder than it needs to be FreeKaner.

Desiderius

Patron
I don’t either.

I’m talking basic skills, spells, and abilities. You’re barely scratching the surface.

“Why do you care/single-player game”

Because memes like this is how shit gets needlessly nerfed.

Git mediocre.

What is that I am missing with my party composition? My character is cavalier, my party has Camelia, Woljif, Daeran, Wenduag and Arue. I am also beating enemy AC even at a nat1, critical miss aside.
Your party? What’s that have to do with it? How can you have a Cav without even a Morale bonus? Read (and use) the abilities you already have. If you make a list I’ll let you know what you’ve missed but if you do that you’ll probably find more than you need on your own. Any Haplo screenshot will give you plenty.

40ish AC at that point just isn’t that much whatever your party. And that’s not even getting to the debuffs.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
criticalfailureatlife.jpg

...thanks Woljif, that helps a lot

Desiderius

Patron
All in all, having done blackwater without resting and all that, I love blackwater it is a really nicely designed place. Felt the same about Ivory tower as well.
Heroism is 10 min/lvl. If you want to play low rest for whatever reason that makes it more valuable, not less. Do you even have your Banner toggled on? Your archetype even triggers Good Hope with Dazzling.

Yosharian

Arcane
Some testing with Jinx, just trying to decide whether or not to buy it now that I've arrived at Act 2.

Jinx multiplies weapon damage and all damage bonuses, except not Bane. It must use some weird code that doesn't apply Bane. Rather irritating since I'm playing Aeon.

It also doesn't benefit in any way from Critical Hits, though the damage is multiplied by Spirited Charge / Transfixing Charge.

Oh and one small other thing, the Amulet of Jousting does nothing. At all. On standard Challenges or the Order of the Sword's Knight's Challenge.

Yosharian

Arcane
Ok weird I'm seeing a +6 Morale bonus to AB, that stacks with Heroism but overrides the Banner bonus, when using challenge.

Yes, I just tested it and apparently challenge morale bonus to AB stacks with heroism, but not with banner. It probably should be other way around.
Ok but why does Challenge give a Morale bonus to AB?

Edit: ahhh I see it's an Order of the Sword thing. Wow I had no idea that thing stacked with Heroism! That's awesome.

Yosharian

Arcane
Another thing: I thought Wide Sweep worked in a very wide area of effect? It's only 5ft. according to the tooltip. That's really small.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Another thing: I thought Wide Sweep worked in a very wide area of effect? It's only 5ft. according to the tooltip. That's really small.
Yes, its rather small. Might have been more on release, but it's been fixed/nerfed. Still a very powerful effect that absolutely decimates some encounters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom