Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
kek

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Like I said, most mooks have something like twice her AC as AB, so how do you get her all that way up?
Debuffs

Debuffed Mythic.jpg

Guess I'll see how that holds up going forward.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah applying shaken and sickened isn't going to touch that 80 AB (enemies I fight have most of what you're showing there plus a bunch more penalties). Even if they failed their saves against every debuff in my arsenal including hexes it'd only be enough to get them within something like 50/50 range.

And since combat generally only lasts 2-6 turns, getting all that off for such a meager result hardly seems worth it.

Seemed like this:

That... shouldn't be the case

was spoken with a bit more intent/was directed at something concrete.

EDIT: Seems to me the main way to AC tank Unfair would be mythic Mage Armor + stacking a wealth of featured armor bonuses. Shield, Dex, Hex and debuff isn't near enough.

EDIT2: Taking a look at your screenshot, I can't remember seeing ANY enemy with that low AB on Unfair, let alone at the point you're at..?

EDIT3: Your Bismuth has higher AC than my Wenduag btw :lol:

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
It's really sad because watching that shit go off is really fun.

I'm kinda lukewarm on charging generally, having played quite a bit with it.

Surprise rounds initiated by a tank are just too powerful

Desiderius

Patron
My bad. I just can't imagine changing Aru's original build because it's so busted.

I was afraid of being OP like in Kingmaker. Talk about misguided assumptions :lol:

This game is hard as balls

Obv current team has Slayer MC so doing same here, but only becuase Aru is C and this is Aeon run.

But what did you mean with this? I'm intrigued:

With that build? That... shouldn't be the case outside bosses and a few specific mobs that are susceptible to other things.

?

Like I said, most mooks have something like twice her AC as AB, so how do you get her all that way up?

I'm sure there are plenty of ways to AC Tank Unfair, but certainly on a basic bitch Shield-build like Wenduag's here it seems... difficult, to make the exaggeration of the century.
Aeon = all Lawful Companions, no Chaotic.

That pic was on Hard like I said. Debuffs add up, and lower saves makes control easier too.

That’s not a basic Shield build. Not with Crane Wing and Defensive Study etc. Should be higher than 53.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
That pic was on Hard like I said.

Desiderius said:

Let's try again: I'm on Unfair. You know this.

Why shouldn't that be the case (that referring to enemies outscaling a basic shield build's AC on about 2:1 ratio), and what is wrong in my build/tactics?

All you have to do is tell me concretely what I'm messing up. On Unfair.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Grunker turned into a right little munchkin

Is there anything you will not exploit?!

AC apparantly...

And yeah, I pretty much love this game. Codexers who don't are a bunch of tits to my mind. And what do I say to a Codexer making the preposterous claim that Kingmaker is better?

Desiderius

Patron

Desiderius said:

Why shouldn't that be the case (that referring to enemies outscaling a basic shield build's AC on about 2:1 ratio), and what is wrong in my build/tactics?

As I said, tactics that produce a 56 point gap on Hard should have no trouble translating to Unfair. This is what none of you clowns can get through your heads while you keep deluding yourselves that I don't know what I'm doing.

I run things I'm doing for the first time (like Wrath TB) on lower difficulties (first run in P:K was on Challenging, on Wrath Core, this run on Hard) then apply things that work particularly well as I up the difficulty. I already did a RTwP Unfair run with help from Skald. This is first time without optimized party to see if it can get there. Been kicking it up to Unfair periodically to see how things hold up. Just posted some Unfair shots fighting Eternal Guardian. As I said killed him too fast the first time then couldn't get him to attack me (kept spamming Dazzling/Overrun) to show Unfair AC on that fight. This was Hard (missing Sacred Smite AC):

Seelah 66AC Guardian.jpg

Heading to Blackwater next so that should be a good test. Will post some Unfair shots on defense there.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Desiderius said:

As I said, tactics that produce a 56 point gap on Hard should have no trouble translating to Unfair. This is what none of you clowns can get through your heads while you keep deluding yourselves that I don't know what I'm doing.

I run things I'm doing for the first time (like Wrath TB) on lower difficulties (first run in P:K was on Challenging, on Wrath Core, this run on Hard) then apply things that work particularly well as I up the difficulty. I already did a RTwP Unfair run with help from Skald. This is first time without optimized party to see if it can get there. Been kicking it up to Unfair periodically to see how things hold up. Just posted some Unfair shots fighting Eternal Guardian. As I said killed him too fast the first time then couldn't get him to attack me (kept spamming Dazzling/Overrun) to show Unfair AC on that fight.

Heading to Blackwater next so that should be a good test. Will post some Unfair shots on defense there.

"My armor/shield-based AC build is shit on Unfair"

"It shouldn't be"

"Seems to me that it's hard to make it work, but OK, teach me senpai"

"Here's an unrelated screenshot of an animal companion with mythic Mage Armor on Hard being attacked by an enemy with 5 BAB"

"OK but what about my bui-"

"I'm amazing"

"Yeah but you specifically said my results shouldn't be hap-"

"FACEPALM EMOJI FACEPALM EMOJI FACEPALM EMOJI FACEPALM EMOJI FACEPALM EMOJI"

"Dude can you just say like, concretely, what am I missing, like what feats, abilities, you know, some exa-"

"You're a fucking clown deluding yourself that I'm terrible"

"What, I didn't say anything like that, it's just that I'd like you to point out specifically what you think I should cha-"

"Did I mention I'm fucking amazing?"

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Desiderius said:

I run things I'm doing for the first time (like Wrath TB) on lower difficulties (first run in P:K was on Challenging, on Wrath Core, this run on Hard) then apply things that work particularly well as I up the difficulty. I already did a RTwP Unfair run with help from Skald. This is first time without optimized party to see if it can get there. Been kicking it up to Unfair periodically to see how things hold up. Just posted some Unfair shots fighting Eternal Guardian. As I said killed him too fast the first time then couldn't get him to attack me (kept spamming Dazzling/Overrun) to show Unfair AC on that fight.

"My armor/shield-based AC build is shit on Unfair"

"It shouldn't be"

"Seems to me that it's hard to make it work, but OK, teach me senpai"

"Here's an unrelated screenshot of an animal companion with mythic Mage Armor on Hard being attacked by an enemy with 5 BAB"

"OK but what about my bui-"

"I'm amazing"

"Yeah but you specifically said my results shouldn't be hap-"

"FACEPALM EMOJI FACEPALM EMOJI FACEPALM EMOJI FACEPALM EMOJI FACEPALM EMOJI"

"Dude can you just say like, concretely, what am I missing, like what feats, abilities, you know, some exa-"

"You're a fucking clown deluding yourself that I'm terrible"

"What, I didn't say anything like that, it's just that I'd like you to point out specifically what you think I should cha-"

"Did I mention I'm fucking amazing?"
Lol everyone else complains that I've spammed too many screenshots for four years.

Grunker:

"Wah, tell me specifically what to do. Also, if you tell me what works on Hard it will never work on Unfair because stats are all 50 higher."

No. You're a good enough player to figure it out for yourself. Or you can look at the stuff I post even if it isn't Unfair and think about how it would translate instead of dismissing anything that isn't Unfair like you're freaking InEffective.

Desiderius

Patron
On Unfair and to a lesser extent Hard it's not all or nothing AC its Boss or non-Boss, with a few exceptions that hit extra hard but usually have other weaknesses. Shield Bashing Slayer with Crane Wing of all things should be able to handle non-bosses.

I think. Will know for sure soon as I get there.

Desiderius

Patron
Live footage of Desiderius responding to a question after making a bold statement and failing to back it up:

Make all the excuses you want. If your Shield Bashing Slayer with Crane Wing has half the AC of your foes you don't need specific help you need to look harder at what you already have.

It's fun, you've already done it on offense.

Don't watch those ghey Disney movies. If you want to own me try something like this:

pedantic.jpg

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So about that:
GUID4web.jpg

What I marked by the red rectangle is called "guid". It is a unique resource identifier in Windows and Windows-based platforms like C#. The fact that it is shown here means the game wants to load some resource, but can not find it. Instead of just crashing to desktop it shows what is lacking.

I'd even venture a guess that this missing resource is the reference to where the item was found or bought. Some generic items (like generic Cloaks of Resistance +X) do not have this, but all unique items do. So the program here lost track of where this item came from.

Now, I have just checked my party. There are about 65-75 items between 7 party members. Not one of them has this issue. My game version is 2.0.4k, no mods.

Yes, those strings appear after major Owlcat releases, probably after every one of them. It's because Owlcats break their game, and then fix it. At the patch 2.0.4k there should be no such strings.

So what you're discussing are fine mechanics of the program that has undefined behaviour. Undefined behaviour can appear normal for quite a while, but usually something goes wrong. Which means, as entertaining as your discussion is, it is irrelevant. His game does not work correctly, so any comparisons with other games are pointless. Each broken program is broken in its own way.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
I think I might revise my build, charging is just too unreliable and what with SC being broken at the moment...

Arcane Rider I think, better feat acquisition early game because I can go Cockatrice order, then.

Losing the BAB, and thus the last PA bonus, hurts but I can pick up Weapon Specialization to make up for it.

Bye-bye double damage SC crits =(

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think I might revise my build, charging is just too unreliable and what with SC being broken at the moment...

Arcane Rider I think, better feat acquisition early game because I can go Cockatrice order, then.

Losing the BAB, and thus the last PA bonus, hurts but I can pick up Weapon Specialization to make up for it.

Bye-bye double damage SC crits =(
Yeah, in the current shape its pretty bad.
But it used to be a lot better!
At least with Medium mounts.

Maybe it will be better again...

:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom