Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
My thinking there would be, killing off low value targets yeah GS is better at that, and like you say generally when you're not waiting for your Hexer to hex things - sure. But vs those targets, I think Jinx still performs fairly well.

Basically the times when builds are really tested is versus tough opponents, and against those you would usually hex anyway.

I use Metal Curse typically since it removes more AC than EE anyway. Although it does come later, it's fine.

And I have high initiative on my Shaman so yeah.

Yeah I agree for multi target situations GS would pull ahead.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What level/mythic rank were you when you fought him?
LVL 20/ MR 8.
Aeon got Devil vs True Aeon vs Dumb mortal counters, so Mephisto's invitation may depend on whether or not you allowed him to make deals at Drezen or on Devil variable value.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
:hmmm:

yeOaMMG.png

:hmmm:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I AM A GOD AMONGST MEN

BvHE0hQ.png

FRybcHJ.png

zHDzjbC.png

No Mark of Justice, required nat 20s AND Concealment check pass on all characters to hit. Dispel DC was 31 and highest I could hit was 30 (lol), so no way to get rid of the buffs.

What a ridiculous fight.

Note the Round counter :lol: - and the conspicuous lack of summons. No last stand left on MC and Wenduag so with no summons, I had 1 or 2 maaaaybe 3 rounds left, tops.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So, everyone keeps saying Galfrey is retarded, chides you for no reason etc. It's kind of a bizarre contrast with my playthrough because as Demon she is being way too lenient. Her finally stripping you of command makes complete and absolute sense and honestly comes way, waaaaay too late, and the Inheritor seems completely idiotic ("Oh boy, when we stepped through the abyss you certainly unleashed some dark power inside, but I'm sure you can keep that darkness in check amirite ^________^ :3").

So maybe to be a Galfrey enjoyer you have to Demon it up. I'm honestly glad she's a stuck up bitch, the game needed it with how everyone else is just casually remarking on your evil doomyness without it being a cause for more concern than that.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Grunker you also have the guid in your description instead of an actual resource.

Sorry pal, but it's time for you to come clean. Remove all the mods and reinstall the game if on GOG or verify the installation if on Steam.

Yes, I will be writing this until I'm banned.

Yosharian

Arcane
So, everyone keeps saying Galfrey is retarded, chides you for no reason etc. It's kind of a bizarre contrast with my playthrough because as Demon she is being way too lenient. Her finally stripping you of command makes complete and absolute sense and honestly comes way, waaaaay too late, and the Inheritor seems completely idiotic ("Oh boy, when we stepped through the abyss you certainly unleashed some dark power inside, but I'm sure you can keep that darkness in check amirite ^________^ :3").

So maybe to be a Galfrey enjoyer you have to Demon it up. I'm honestly glad she's a stuck up bitch, the game needed it with how everyone else is just casually remarking on your evil doomyness without it being a cause for more concern than that.
Are you being a 'loyal' Demon or a 'freedom' Demon?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Are you being a 'loyal' Demon or a 'freedom' Demon?

Haven't decided yet. As far I know Nocti has basically only introduced that plot thread for me, I haven't made any choices related to it (well, aside from not outright turning her down, I suppose)

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I AM A GOD AMONGST MEN

BvHE0hQ.png

FRybcHJ.png

zHDzjbC.png

No Mark of Justice, required nat 20s AND Concealment check pass on all characters to hit. Dispel DC was 31 and highest I could hit was 30 (lol), so no way to get rid of the buffs.

What a ridiculous fight.

Note the Round counter :lol: - and the conspicuous lack of summons. No last stand left on MC and Wenduag so with no summons, I had 1 or 2 maaaaybe 3 rounds left, tops.
That's what my first time was like. Good job beating him anyway. I got so owned.

Need to have a Concealment plan already (True Seeing should work). Looking forward to trying out Symbol of Revelation and letting him come to me.

Seelah's pretty handy there as much for Bless Weapon as Mark. I forgot to bring her too.

Ranged Reg what?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, vs targets immune/resistant to crits, Jinx clearly wins. Though conversely, some enemies will also have Mind Immunity, making landing Hexes somewhat painful/wasteful (unless Shaman, I guess).
Also using BIS weapons on allies that can benefit the most from them is certainly a very valid and proper approach.

One thing to factor is they do not have the same base damage, therefore in case of Strenght builds with Size increasing effects, Grave Singer greataxe will deal noticably more damage per hit (3d8 vs 6d6 -> 5 more average damage).
Now you're playing an Aeon. Bonus sources of damage, like Aeon's Bane will work in Jinx' favor. Come to think of it, many Mythic paths have something: Holy Sword, Sun Marked, Vampiric Blade. As well as classes, like inquisitor, magus, warpriest, Spirit Hunter, Hellknight. Therefore, single target Jinx wins, you're right. Particularly vs bosses.

But... how does Wrath combat of optimized builds usually look like? You stand fast, wait for the hexer's round, curse the enemy, then engage, attack and kill one enemy and then patiently wait till next round, next Hex target?
Well, I don't know about you, but I prefer to charge the enemy and take advantage of their flat-footed status and my superior Initiative. Also, I'll often off 2-3 enemies in the first charge, sometimes more (on Unfair). Next round another 2-3 targets. Meanwhile I'm unlikely to Hex more then 1 per round (impossible without occupying the rounds of multiple Hex users, actually). And again, it means heavy mico-management.
And for such multi-target playstyle, for me Grave Singer, with its higher base damage and stronger crits, is better.
Eye for an Eye getting it done on this Aeon.

MC Van Aeon 13 vs Angler of Vices 71AB.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I AM A GOD AMONGST MEN

BvHE0hQ.png

FRybcHJ.png

zHDzjbC.png

What a ridiculous fight.

That's what my first time was like. Good job beating him anyway. I got so owned.

Need to have a Concealment plan already (True Seeing should work).

True Seeing didn't work, so I have to look into what else to do at some point

Ranged Reg what?

As you know, I'm using respecs. My builds are here if you need a refresher (some of the stuff is outdated, especially the mythics, but it's mostly accurate):

MC: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16qq--FuBKw86vLMhPajQMr8ij5zAvsSN4n1rsrcaTR8/edit?usp=sharing

Wendu: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17JmUOooxLHscaDfGfuXMbXi0QZgYa4gPxBojQPnPYeg/edit?usp=sharing

Aru: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jmq5lxhOkjD9OtWyYr65hJ7TYndjnmFa2xsN0o0ZGxk/edit?usp=sharing

Cami: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HoPSWHknDb7Mp6qUdjdxfs1K7I1rKulVPtrBg3RKUXQ/edit?usp=sharing

Regill: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QKj4EaMitCJG_eaX8JSTCVO8Cf68bp_ziQLT3ZbhrT4/edit?usp=sharing

Ember: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SdXbHmnFnQN7-MlmEY787Siy_Bm-HLp5FLxAZ-qEygo/edit?usp=sharing

MC is fantastic - fun and insanely powerful. Wendu is subpar. Aru and her kitten are titantic forces of mobile doom. Cami is completely useless beyond her buffs (which are great, but Eccle is just that much better than crusader since p. much everything gained by crusader is crap, at least on Unfair, and the cost is so high), Regill is amazing and has been a really fun build (but I should have mounted him - the dog is pretty crap on it's own) and Ember started off slow but is pretty good now. She was one of the driving forces behind that Playful Darkness kill.

IllusiveBrian

Novice

It's not that she's dumb but that she's vain to a fault. Sending the PC to the Abyss is probably the right decision, but she makes it for partly the wrong reasons. Party members point this out at the time (even Regill is annoyed that she is letting her vanity cloud her judgement, even if he would probably otherwise agree with her), and she admits it later. It's also (intentionally written to be) frustrating that you come back in Act 5 and she's lost your city and gotten your army destroyed.

This would be excusable, but it's not the only negative impact from her vanity. The most obvious example is that she's spending more money than even rich nobles like Daeran could dream of having to buy potions that extend her life and keep her looking young - money that could be spent on improving Mendev or the crusade. This also means that nobody else has a chance to take over and possibly do a better job than she is doing, the Crusade has stalled under her leadership for a hundred years because she's too vain to pass on the reins to someone else.

If we were being very uncharitable, it could even be suggested that she set you up to fail by putting you in charge of the Crusade in Act 2, just so that you wouldn't eclipse her or challenge her throne later as the hero of Kenabras. She also puts Irabeth in charge, despite her lack of real command experience or training. Presumably there are plenty of other, more experienced generals who she could have installed instead to advise you if she actually wanted the Crusade to succeed, but she gives you a token army and some money to hire an inexperienced leader to command it in battle.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom