Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I prefer using skeletons because they're immune to tons of shit
You can have both in fact, they spawn from dead skeletons. Summon a bunch and they will bog down just about any target.

They spawn from everything except themselves
You sure about that?

You were right, they do spawn from themselves. It's pretty silly

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I prefer using skeletons because they're immune to tons of shit
You can have both in fact, they spawn from dead skeletons. Summon a bunch and they will bog down just about any target.

They spawn from everything except themselves
You sure about that?

You were right, they do spawn from themselves. It's pretty silly
Also, they apparently spawn when someone goes invisible. This was supposed to be fixed, alas...

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol I made Ancestral Retribution instead (it’s pretty good).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Crusade morale has been maxed every single day of this save - now I'm just waiting for the queen and it has hit -94. wtf

Desiderius

Patron
Crusade morale has been maxed every single day of this save - now I'm just waiting for the queen and it has hit -94. wtf
I said you can’t rush. Guess people did somehow but no reason to.

Yosharian

Arcane
So apparently the
Mephisto
fight as Aeon happens as a random encounter so you get no chance to pre-buff, and he launches straight into a
CL41 DC45 Dictum.

Up to caster level -10Killed, paralyzed, staggered, deafened

So all your non-lawful party members have to save or just straight up die. Interesting.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So apparently the
Mephisto
fight as Aeon happens as a random encounter so you get no chance to pre-buff, and he launches straight into a
CL41 DC45 Dictum.

So all your non-lawful party members have to save or just straight up die. Interesting.
Sounds like a real bro.

Humbaba

Arcane
Echo of Deskari is being a right bitch, do they expect me to just grind swarm size until I'm ready? I've gotten real close once with bogging him down with summoned spider swarms and swarm infest but I can't manage to replicate that success. Even with 60 AC and displacement this dickhead lands every shot and regenerates like crazy.

Desiderius

Patron
So apparently the
Mephisto
CL41 DC45 Dictum.

Lol my all Lawlful party is ready. >45 Mobility on both Mounts.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
My Sohei lost an attack - he should have 3 from base, 1 from flurry, 1 from rapid, 1 from many, but he only has 5. I tried re-equipping the weapon as that worked for me last time, but no dice. Anyone want to guess what could be up?

EDIT: OK so this is weird - it's his Manyshot that suddenly isn't working (I'm 100% sure it worked before, as his APR in practice has literally gone down by one). The hell?

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Rapid/Many isn't supposed to stack with Flurry. Did they finally fix it?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Rapid/Many isn't supposed to stack with Flurry. Did they finally fix it?

Then they "fixed" it in the middle of my save - without me closing the game. Don't think that's it.

And not working should be for Zen Archer alone I think - that's the way it's been until now, and it only mentions this not working in the description of Zen Archer.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
LEL, now it's back, literally didn't do anything. This game never ceases to find ways to amaze me with the sheer creativity of its bugginess :lol:

Desiderius

Patron
LEL, now it's back, literally didn't do anything. This game never ceases to find ways to amaze me with the sheer creativity of its bugginess :lol:
Lann’s Flurry used to go away all the time until you re-equipped his Bow.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Lann’s Flurry used to go away all the time until you re-equipped his Bow.

That happens for me sometimes too - but a) requipping did nothing this time, b) his flurry was actually showing up on the sheet

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Strange, I've played Aeon recently and he marked place on the map where he intended to meet so prebuff was not a problem.
I guess he forces "random" encounter if you try to ignore his invintation and head for Kenabres instead.

Yosharian

Arcane
Strange, I've played Aeon recently and he marked place on the map where he intended to meet so prebuff was not a problem.
I guess he forces "random" encounter if you try to ignore his invintation and head for Kenabres instead.
Yes apparently it was changed

What level/mythic rank were you when you fought him?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Very weird.

I've been sitting on max the entire chapter 3.

The only major morale hit I'm aware of generally happens during Act 2 (Leper's Smile) - although you can mitigate it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Very weird.

The only major morale hit I'm aware of generally happens during Act 2 (Leper's Smile) - although you can mitigate it.
I’m fairly sure it was a bug - my banner also didn’t change from winning fights. Fortunately, Toybox had my back.

Desiderius

Patron
Very weird.

Did single army for first time (Ranger General) and regrettably it's worked fine. Took all speed boosts (65) tho may not have even needed that. Does Finances/Materials transfer over to Ch5 or does it zero out?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Edit: I was like you, but then I grew tired of Jinx and Hex mico-management. And then I realized Grave Singer deals the same damage without Hex mico-management on enemies that can be critted and which you can hit reliably. And what a relief it was...
First of all, no it doesn't. Jinx does its bonus damage on every single hit. Even with the highest crit range in the game AND auto-crit, you're still doing plenty of hits without critting. And you mentioned targets that are immune to crits, or sometimes negate the damage through fortification. That additional hit is akin to having permanent x2 crit on top of your normal crit.

Example math:

100 base damage, x4 crit vs x5 crit, both 13-20 crit range:
300 extra dmg from crit x 0.4 = 120 bonus damage per hit on average
400 extra dmg from crit x 0.4 = 160 bonus damage per hit on average
Increase going from x4 to x5 = +40 damage per hit on average
Jinx hit = 100 bonus damage on every hit (reliable damage, not reduced by crit immunity/fortification)
Result: Jinx adds more than double the damage that the extra crit modifier on Grave Singer does. And this is with the crit belt, without it Jinx is even better.

Secondly, I'm using Grave Singer on an ally, because it suits him to dual-wield handaxes. You fail to consider that a minor increase in damage on MC (and I argue that it isn't) doesn't mean an overall increase in effectiveness if your ally's power drops as a result.

Same reason I used Vanquisher on a companion in Kingmaker.

If you're too lazy to use hexes that's fine, I completely understand that. I personally really like using them, so it's no problem for me. I play in TB exclusively so there is that. And even when you don't use hexes, falchion is still an extremely powerful weapon type and way, way more powerful by default than many other weapons.

Yeah, vs targets immune/resistant to crits, Jinx clearly wins. Though conversely, some enemies will also have Mind Immunity, making landing Hexes somewhat painful/wasteful (unless Shaman, I guess).
Also using BIS weapons on allies that can benefit the most from them is certainly a very valid and proper approach.

One thing to factor is they do not have the same base damage, therefore in case of Strenght builds with Size increasing effects, Grave Singer greataxe will deal noticably more damage per hit (3d8 vs 6d6 -> 5 more average damage).
Now you're playing an Aeon. Bonus sources of damage, like Aeon's Bane will work in Jinx' favor. Come to think of it, many Mythic paths have something: Holy Sword, Sun Marked, Vampiric Blade. As well as classes, like inquisitor, magus, warpriest, Spirit Hunter, Hellknight. Therefore, single target Jinx wins, you're right. Particularly vs bosses.

But... how does Wrath combat of optimized builds usually look like? You stand fast, wait for the hexer's round, curse the enemy, then engage, attack and kill one enemy and then patiently wait till next round, next Hex target?
Well, I don't know about you, but I prefer to charge the enemy and take advantage of their flat-footed status and my superior Initiative. Also, I'll often off 2-3 enemies in the first charge, sometimes more (on Unfair). Next round another 2-3 targets. Meanwhile I'm unlikely to Hex more then 1 per round (impossible without occupying the rounds of multiple Hex users, actually). And again, it means heavy mico-management.
And for such multi-target playstyle, for me Grave Singer, with its higher base damage and stronger crits, is better.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom