Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
ray attacks (aka a bad party).
do rays just not work on unfair or something? i found them busted on core
They’re not busted, but they can certainly be effective if you need more (or a shit ton of depending) damage against certain single (or double with Zippy) hard targets.

Snowball bypasses SR and can Stagger, Searing Touch is no Save and easy to max vs Undead, Arrow of Law Dazes Demons, Scorching Ray picks up Sneaks and good vs Treants, Battering Blast is hard to prevent, etc…

They’re a good tool to have in your box or can be built around to do most of your damage if you want. Can let Wolj/Cam Scribe Meta scrolls at HQ for Nenio to use. A lot of options.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't even care how much damage my shaman does, she hexes the enemy and then my MC fucking destroys them with Jinx
Welcome to mico-management hell.

Mad Touch at least works 3 rounds and you can off multiple enemies in each of these rounds. Hexes... they are useful in the beginning. And vs bosses. Otherwise its mostly Protective Luck if your tank needs it... or maybe Fortune... once per day.

Edit: I was like you, but then I grew tired of Jinx and Hex mico-management. And then I realized Grave Singer deals the same damage without Hex mico-management on enemies that can be critted and which you can hit reliably. And what a relief it was...

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
I enjoy managing it.

Anyway, I just took out the Nalfeshnee in Areelu's Lab. What a fucking asshole. His Unholy Nimbus is insane, if you fail the saving throw (and it's so high that even my Pally couldn't save) you get Dazed forever and the fight is over.

But if you don't take out the Coloxus Defiler then Song of Discord and the fight is over.

But if you don't deal with the Vrocks then they do that stunning screech shit and.. the fight is over.

Cunts.

I probably should have went and gotten MR4 first but I wanted to see if I could do it without it.

Desiderius

Patron
Screech is just one round at worst, and that save isn’t bad even Unfair. Nimbus takes a round to fire so never hits if you kill it first. Main threat there is Coloxus. Shitty reward for that fight so can just come back later if its giving you problems.

Are you just talking about an extra damage packet on Jinx? It's solid but there are several ways to generate those if you want them.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Edit: I was like you, but then I grew tired of Jinx and Hex mico-management. And then I realized Grave Singer deals the same damage without Hex mico-management on enemies that can be critted and which you can hit reliably. And what a relief it was...
First of all, no it doesn't. Jinx does its bonus damage on every single hit. Even with the highest crit range in the game AND auto-crit, you're still doing plenty of hits without critting. And you mentioned targets that are immune to crits, or sometimes negate the damage through fortification. That additional hit is akin to having permanent x2 crit on top of your normal crit.

Example math:

100 base damage, x4 crit vs x5 crit, both 13-20 crit range:
300 extra dmg from crit x 0.4 = 120 bonus damage per hit on average
400 extra dmg from crit x 0.4 = 160 bonus damage per hit on average
Increase going from x4 to x5 = +40 damage per hit on average
Jinx hit = 100 bonus damage on every hit (reliable damage, not reduced by crit immunity/fortification)
Result: Jinx adds more than double the damage that the extra crit modifier on Grave Singer does. And this is with the crit belt, without it Jinx is even better.

Secondly, I'm using Grave Singer on an ally, because it suits him to dual-wield handaxes. You fail to consider that a minor increase in damage on MC (and I argue that it isn't) doesn't mean an overall increase in effectiveness if your ally's power drops as a result.

Same reason I used Vanquisher on a companion in Kingmaker.

If you're too lazy to use hexes that's fine, I completely understand that. I personally really like using them, so it's no problem for me. I play in TB exclusively so there is that. And even when you don't use hexes, falchion is still an extremely powerful weapon type and way, way more powerful by default than many other weapons.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Apparently GMW is adding its bonus onto existing enhancements, again, instead of the RAW/PNP function?

Edit: yep, confirmed.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Apparently, old "bugs" are reappearing.
You remember dawn of dragons in chapter V used to give a permanent holy aura? Well, it's back on the plate.
Also, loremaster gives the "improved critical" trickster feats again.
(Also loremaster doesn't give accomplished sneak attacker for some reason.... wanted to use it to qualify for arcane trickster *sigh*).

Yosharian

Arcane
(Also loremaster doesn't give accomplished sneak attacker for some reason.... wanted to use it to qualify for arcane trickster *sigh*)
OH WOW that's a fucking good idea.

Accomplished Sneak Attacker isn't a combat feat unfortunately. So I don't think there's any way to get it via Loremaster...

Yosharian

Arcane
How the hell do you leave the Midnight Isles once you started? I started it just to have a peep at the first island but now I can't figure out how to get back to the main game, all I seem to be able to do is continue to the next island??

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
How the hell do you leave the Midnight Isles once you started? I started it just to have a peep at the first island but now I can't figure out how to get back to the main game, all I seem to be able to do is continue to the next island??

on the boat there must be a interactable "Back to Golarion", unless it bugged out.

Yosharian

Arcane
(Also loremaster doesn't give accomplished sneak attacker for some reason.... wanted to use it to qualify for arcane trickster *sigh*)

Accomplished Sneak Attacker isn't a combat feat unfortunately. So I don't think there's any way to get it via Loremaster...
Also you need 2D6 to qualify for AT so this idea isn't going to work

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Idea was using that and the mythic feat "mythic sneak attacker".
But anyway not working so I'll change my plans.

Yosharian

Arcane

Idea was using that and the mythic feat "mythic sneak attacker".
But anyway not working so I'll change my plans.
Ahh yeah. Smart.

Desiderius

Patron
Playing around with Battle Meditation Mythic ability. Doesn't stack with Heroism but does with Reg's Aura (which looks to stack with anything). It's AB + Dam (Heroism doesn't get dam, Good Hope does if you have access), infinite use, starts at +1 then hits +2 at Mythic 3 (when you choose Path), +3 at M6. Tested it on Rowdy Trickster mounted on Bismuth and seemed pretty smooth. Mount took care of Stagger so could get in position for Vital Strikes fine (Bardiche + Enlarging effects would lessen need for positioning). Could also be decent alternative action econ for caster like Nenio that doesn't have Hexes. Can always cast on subsequent rounds after activation. Saves Heroism slots and boosts summons. Good combo with Whip for summoner.

Yosharian

Arcane
Dashing Cavalier's GlovesThese gloves grant their wearer a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls. In addition, they also grant a +2 bonus on damage rolls while mounted.

Does anyone have the Commander Edition of the game? I'm trying to find out if the damage bonus from this item stacks with Good Hope.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Lulzy interaction: apparently Clemency of Shadows doesn't test unconsciousness like it claims - it actually checks if you check damage that *would* make you unconscious. I.e. Last Stand + Clemency of Shadows + enemies with high APR = personal army of (admittedly useless) Giant Spiders

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dashing Cavalier's GlovesThese gloves grant their wearer a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls. In addition, they also grant a +2 bonus on damage rolls while mounted.

Does anyone have the Commander Edition of the game? I'm trying to find out if the damage bonus from this item stacks with Good Hope.
I do, but uh... why? Like if you don't have the item, what does it matter? Or if you were going to add it with a mod, why not just do that and then test it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom