Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

The maze is also pretty hard if you run someone through to aggro the whole map then fight them all at once while surrounded.

Chapter 1 in Kingmaker is fairly easy on unfair if you plan around what's going to happen and know to avoid those few suicide dialog options. The hardest part is still the prologue + the first fight defending the trader guy if you are on unfair, by the time of Staglord you've beaten the leveling/power curve enough. There's also plenty of time to do basically everything in whatever order is easiest for your build.

On the other hand the Water Elemental in Wrath is pretty bullshit unless you get quite lucky, and if you want to fight it you have to do it there, with no ability to wait. You've also got an almost completely static party aside from the choice between Wenduag and Lann. But aside from the water elemental the early game of Wrath is easier IMO with nothing that gets to the pain of the reload fest that is tutorial Kingmaker. Wrath maintains difficulty and ramps up way better though as compared to Kingmaker where the difficulty curve faceplants.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
It's easy precisely because you can avoid fighting them all at once, also you can easily position your team to abuse his teleporting shenanigans

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Archery is surprisingly fun in this game, or at least this weird Divine Hunter/Sohei/Magus build I've got going is is. A million attacks with easy crits from crossbow means Cleaving Shots pops off constantly with explosions left and right. Hardly the most efficient build but as far as magical christmas lights lighting up the screen, Shadowkiss definetely goes boom

I had lots of fun with my Rowdy vital striker Trickster. It was not the most uber character ever(that's melee Lich or any Legend build) but killing targets in alpha strikes is always satisfying.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Tough is one thing. Retarded is another.
That's exactly what I meant by "there are no badly designed fights. There are fights that are too tough for the player's mental abilities".

For example, as a fun playthrough I will try Hard/Last Azlanti, but not Unfair. This is the limit of my mental abilities.

Reinhardt

Arcane
yeah, fighiting 100000 copypasted demons really tough for mental abilities. you have to keep track is it's super improved legendary babau or super legendary improved babau.

Delterius

Arcane
Deskari is also easily the most disappointing fight in the game btw
I've seen this sentiment a lot but you know what?

image.png

This game is really long and at that point I didn't really care to be challenged anymore. There had been plenty of entertaining fights in the past. Now I just wanted to dab on everyone. The fact that I wasn't even paying attention and fucked up the crossblood (i picked gold bloodline twice) but still killed everyone with a third of a Hellfire Ray just added to the power fantasy.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Deskari is also easily the most disappointing fight in the game btw
I've seen this sentiment a lot but you know what?

image.png

This game is really long and at that point I didn't really care to be challenged anymore. There had been plenty of entertaining fights in the past. Now I just wanted to dab on everyone. The fact that I wasn't even paying attention and fucked up the crossblood (i picked gold bloodline twice) but still killed everyone with a third of a Hellfire Ray just added to the power fantasy.

I actually said something similar:

Grunker said:
Difficulty is the primary, number 1, uncontested reason I love this game compared to Kingmaker which I merely like. Its felt like a Challenge almost every step of the way, and especially the optional fights are cool. Playful Darkness and Hidden Abode are my favorite fights for sure, but Nocticula is still up there with the memorable ones.

Well, until mid Chapter 5 where everything has turned into a cakewalk, but in this rather than Kingmaker it somehow feels earned. You’re the shit now, congrats.

BUT even with that said, I still think Baphomet - and for me personally, Deskari specifically - could have done more to be challenging. Just giving them some relevant adds and defenses would have done a lot to make you at least reload once or something.

I don't mind the gigantic difficulty drop in Chapter 5 at all because it feels earned, but for the lords I would have liked a bit of a higher threat.

Delterius

Arcane
I don't mind the gigantic difficulty drop in Chapter 5 at all because it feels earned
you know what I felt was a bit silly about act 5? the fucking echo of deskari. and everybody else thinking they can take you on. minagho's character arc was so delicious to behold and then motherfucking dwarfman the jewelrymaker being like 'hey i can do this'.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I don't mind the gigantic difficulty drop in Chapter 5 at all because it feels earned
you know what I felt was a bit silly about act 5? the fucking echo of deskari. and everybody else thinking they can take you on. minagho's character arc was so delicious to behold and then motherfucking dwarfman the jewelrymaker being like 'hey i can do this'.

There's a few other bits like that. ESPECIALLY annoying is lack of just a bit reactivity in the demon questline; i.e. two-bit demons, Deskari and other major characters will reference Nocticula's power and you being on her leash while shitting on your power...

after you've sent her to the Rift and literally taken over Alushinyrra :lol:

Tao

Augur
Does dispelling attack, crippling and those rogue feats work with the Arcane Trickster capstone ability to sneak attack with all spells or i need to use touch attack spells to proc them (that feat even work with spells)? If dispelling attack works does it work with dispel sinergy or destructive dispell?

On that note, does improve precise shoot works againt displacement and all that bullshit? Looking at the combat feats it seems the only really usefull one for rays, if the feat works for rays spells anyways.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Does dispelling attack, crippling and those rogue feats work with the Arcane Trickster capstone ability to sneak attack with all spells or i need to use touch attack spells to proc them (that feat even work with spells)? If dispelling attack works does it work with dispel sinergy or destructive dispell?

On that note, does improve precise shoot works againt displacement and all that bullshit? Looking at the combat feats it seems the only really usefull one for rays, if the feat works for rays spells anyways.

Improved Precise Shot specifically says it doesn’t apply to total concealment, so no.

Improved Critical and Precise Shot are also useful for rays. Weapon Focus‘ll work as well.

I posed this exact question this past weekend. By RAW, it should work. You may need to use Table Top Tweaks mod for it to be effective though. I don't believe Owlcat has ever fixed the bug for its DC.

Its going to be a long time before my AT gets to a point where I can test this, but I will definitely report results when I do.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Does it mean you are building your AT as a rogue and not as a caster? Interesting...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does it mean you are building your AT as a rogue and not as a caster? Interesting...

There are ways to access special feats/talents in Wrath (Loremaster, Trickster World 3, Gold Dragon). Also Legend levels to be both.

Tao

Augur
As Haplo said i can choose one rogue feat as a loremaster so i was thinking instead of going 10 exploiter/10 loremaster (is a bit plain tbh) use the Lich power that give you sneak attatck to qualify for Arcane Trickster and going full caster AT without a dip in rogue or vivisecionist. 5 Exploiter/5 Loremaster/10 AT maybe 7/3/10. So i was looking for some kind of sinergy for the sneak attacks bc i doubt Tainted attack will proc often with how stupid this game is on Fortitude saves.

Improved Precise Shot specifically says it doesn’t apply to total concealment, so no.

Improved Critical and Precise Shot are also useful for rays. Weapon Focus‘ll work as well.
You can target the enemy with displacement as the spell say it just give you a 50% chance to miss LIKE total concealment, not that it's total concealment. So if is not total concealment or complete cover IPS should works (on rays too) bc that is the point of the feat imo: to negate every miss chance that is not sourced from total concealment or total cover.
I posed this exact question this past weekend. By RAW, it should work. You may need to use Table Top Tweaks mod for it to be effective though. I don't believe Owlcat has ever fixed the bug for its DC.

Its going to be a long time before my AT gets to a point where I can test this, but I will definitely report results when I do.
Well, then give me a call when you do it bc if it works we have a build. xD

If not for dispelling attacks maybe for weakening wound or crippling strike.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Magister
hows the mythic rework from tabletop mod? the change of aeon seem good, but the change of the abundant casting mythic feat is problematic. with that feat i can fit 1 arcane/divine spell caster and cover all the buffs but also use them as nukers, which usually you cant. that leaves space for more martials.

Tao

Augur

I test it because i had time today. It doesn't work. It works with ranged touch attacks like battering blast but not with fireballs like i was afraid. :S
At least i can tell you dispelling attack works with dispell sinergy and destructive dispell.

What a shame. Maybe i'll just restart again, make a spellmaster/lich and end the fucking game once a for all :roll:

Tao Thank you for sharing that. Very sad that the rogue talents don't work with AoE surprise spells. Touch attack isn't a total loss though. Maybe still worth it. Turning invisible is easy, especially for an AT. Always having a dispel without having to memorize it is still pretty great.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I have another question.

If I am to keep Camellia as a Spirit Hunter is it necessary for her to take Improved Critical (Rapier)? This increase of the threat range does not stack with the Keen weapon enchantment, and the Mythic gives damage multiplier, not an additional threat range. If she always enchants her weapon why spend 1 normal and 1 Mythic feats for something she already has?

Am I missing anything here?

The same for Arueshalae: if I give her 2 Greater Enduring spells so Aspect of the Falcon lasts for 24 hours - does she need Improved Critical (Longbow) that much?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have another question.

If I am to keep Camellia as a Spirit Hunter is it necessary for her to take Improved Critical (Rapier)? This increase of the threat range does not stack with the Keen weapon enchantment, and the Mythic gives damage multiplier, not an additional threat range. If she always enchants her weapon why spend 1 normal and 1 Mythic feats for something she already has?

Am I missing anything here?

The same for Arueshalae: if I give her 2 Greater Enduring spells so Aspect of the Falcon lasts for 24 hours - does she need Improved Critical (Longbow) that much?

Yeah, you can spend those feats on something else. Camelia's keen enchant(and other similar abilities) can be used nearly in every "important" fight between rests. She is already quite feat starved imo.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Decided to finally give this thing a shot. The prologue so far has been extremely boring and I'm feeling the cringe in the companion writing already. Kinda regretting using up bandwidth to download this.

Also the trashmob situation feels even worse than Kingmaker. I genuinely don't understand this; people have already voiced their distaste for trash mobs, so why do CRPG designers refuse to listen?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom