Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Crichton

Prophet
I moved on to Chp.4 without taking the boat ride at 'Murky Grotto' and got the failed quest notification. The DLC is described as 'rougelike', so I assume just XP farming?
It's pure shit, just use Toy Box to spawn in any loot you missed

I liked it at the start but it has one of the same ultimate problems as the equivalent DLC from the first game; enemy variety totally goes to hell at the end (and I don't just mean all the demons)

Animated suit of armor
Animated suit of armor
Animated suit of armor
Animated suit of armor
Deadly mythic sharpshooting harlot
Animated suit of armor

(Repeat at Owlcat encounter density)

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Is it me or is Zen Archer OP?
Lann is just wreaking shit with his Flurry of Bows. Like, he can nearly two shot anything outside of demons, and that's because I hadn't discovered cold iron arrows yet.
Weird thing though is that he has potion crafting but no spell book to actually make the potions with. What's up with that?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well I built it for multi-oponents battles really. I.e run around and proc sicken/injury/stagger from the shadow clemency ring and debuffs from crippling kiss, and eventually dispelling attacks since you get sneak attacks without having to flank due to always making mobs flat-footed. I kinda didn't really realize how much I actually could run with 100 movement. So I'd assume I'd get 1 attack per mook on big packs and if mobs are pretty spaced out, and so the idea was packing as many on hit debuff as possible on each hit and leave everything so crippled they aren't a threat anymore. Also the fear on dazzle was really good in the early game and still a good option, and swift action dazzle fits well in my action econ, in addition to be a neat way to also CC archers and mages. All in all I was attemping to build more of a debuffing/CC machine rather than a damage dealer.
I agree now that I see how much you can run that damage oriented would be better (since you still get to use the clemency ring). I thought about saint with looks like the obvious candidate but I didn't want to play another saint. but tbh this already made wintersun really, really easy so is more damage really needed?
Now that you speak about dmg though, why are some of my hits sneaks and some not in the vid ? If the treant isn't immune to precision damage he should take sneak attack dmg on every hit.

Edit : actually it's even more strange. I replayed the fight and the sneak attacks register in the combat log but I do not get the SA dice on my damage rolls, seemingly in completely random fashion. Some attacks I do get them but some not.

Well, Discord resident Mobility Trickster expert, NStark, prefers pure Mutation Warrior for Mobility Trickster.
Does have a clear Dex -> Mobility advantage, with Grand Mutagen giving +8 and TTT alternate capstone another +8 Dex. I guess makes beating those Unfair CMDs easier.
And lots of feats.
With TTT, also nice things, such as Focused Weapon Advanced Training for increased damage dice.

TTT also has the lovely Impossible Speed Mythic Ability, which is fantastic for Mobility Tricksters.
And the unneeded, but still nice for skillchecks, Graceful Athlete.

Don't know what's happening with random sneak attack application.

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Where do you see the list of weapon traits, and where does it tell you that enhancements are the same as cold iron? I see nothing about it in the encyclopedia.
Also, does adamantine affect DR/Cold Iron, or does it only affect DR/Adamantine?

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Where do you see the list of weapon traits, and where does it tell you that enhancements are the same as cold iron? I see nothing about it in the encyclopedia.
Also, does adamantine affect DR/Cold Iron, or does it only affect DR/Adamantine?
I would have checked the log file for all of this. Ultimately, the game operates not according to the rulebook but according to the code.

Find a +3 enhanced weapon (does this even exist in Act 1?) and see if it works as it should.

Lann is just wreaking shit with his Flurry of Bows. Like, he can nearly two shot anything outside of demons, and that's because I hadn't discovered cold iron arrows yet.
Weird thing though is that he has potion crafting but no spell book to actually make the potions with. What's up with that?
Not really OP, but if you're using the rest of your party sort of as-is then he's probably the strongest damage dealer for a while. I assume Camilla still doesn't have dex to damage and if Seelah is using sword and board she's only alright. Aside from that only Woljif really comes out of the box in chapter 1 as a damage dealing character. Lann also has some busted strong stats that you can't achieve.

Might be a bit of a spoiler but you won't have to worry about cold iron immunity pretty soon.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Aeon bane is toggle in vanilla. If you guys play with mods that basically change the game in a completely different thing at least double check before giving advices.
Regarding the bane, no mods, I like to play vanilla, the game as it is, playthrough was like ... 4 months ago. No switft action, just a toggle on the quickbar, like a shifter minor aspect, maybe it's one of your mods instead?
Isn't shifter aspect a swift action lol? I played child of the manticore wendu in vanilla and I am pretty sure toggling the minor aspect on cost a swift action. Also Bane works differently to aspect. if Aeon bane works like inquisitor bane and they do because they stack rounds/day on inquisitor aeon, you can't toggle it out of combat, nor would you want to since it's rounds/day rather than minutes per day (for shifter) meaning you will take the swift tax 1 round for toggling it.

I suggest you uninstall your mods and try yourself instead of arguing on something that can easily proved first hand, there is no mention of any "swift" action in Aeon's bane description. Maybe at release, not now.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I moved on to Chp.4 without taking the boat ride at 'Murky Grotto' and got the failed quest notification. The DLC is described as 'rougelike', so I assume just XP farming?
It's pure shit, just use Toy Box to spawn in any loot you missed

I liked it at the start but it has one of the same ultimate problems as the equivalent DLC from the first game; enemy variety totally goes to hell at the end (and I don't just mean all the demons)

Animated suit of armor
Animated suit of armor
Animated suit of armor
Animated suit of armor
Deadly mythic sharpshooting harlot
Animated suit of armor

(Repeat at Owlcat encounter density)

For me Tenebrous depth felt a lot less like a slog honestly, it had less XP and gold impact, and each floor was smaller, also the mini bosses felt a lot more thematic than "generic monster with unique name" each island has, without any explanation on who they are and why they are there.
It wasn't great either but honeslty felt better than this.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Not really OP, but if you're using the rest of your party sort of as-is then he's probably the strongest damage dealer for a while. I assume Camilla still doesn't have dex to damage and if Seelah is using sword and board she's only alright. Aside from that only Woljif really comes out of the box in chapter 1 as a damage dealing character. Lann also has some busted strong stats that you can't achieve.

Might be a bit of a spoiler but you won't have to worry about cold iron immunity pretty soon.
Yeah, I picked up Woljif and he does deal a lot of damage. Even with +1 non-cold iron weapons he deals like 8 damage per strike to demons.

volklore

Arcane
Aeon bane is toggle in vanilla. If you guys play with mods that basically change the game in a completely different thing at least double check before giving advices.
Regarding the bane, no mods, I like to play vanilla, the game as it is, playthrough was like ... 4 months ago. No switft action, just a toggle on the quickbar, like a shifter minor aspect, maybe it's one of your mods instead?
Isn't shifter aspect a swift action lol? I played child of the manticore wendu in vanilla and I am pretty sure toggling the minor aspect on cost a swift action. Also Bane works differently to aspect. if Aeon bane works like inquisitor bane and they do because they stack rounds/day on inquisitor aeon, you can't toggle it out of combat, nor would you want to since it's rounds/day rather than minutes per day (for shifter) meaning you will take the swift tax 1 round for toggling it.

I suggest you uninstall your mods and try yourself instead of arguing on something that can easily proved first hand, there is no mention of any "swift" action in Aeon's bane description. Maybe at release, not now.
You're the one claming it works like a shifter aspect and it doesn't because you can't toggle it out of combat.
It does take a swift action to toggle it though as it always has, just like inquisitor bane and shfiter aspect. No mods except toybox to level me up and unlock mythic 4.

aeonbane.png

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
First, I do not see the words "takes swift action to toggle" in the description of the Aeon bane. Second, "no mods" means "no mods at all", not "except...". Even ModFinder, as I explained a dozen pages ago, requires injecting some third-party code into the game. Which, with Owlcat Games robust implementation, works OK — unless it does not.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Yeah, Zen archer is capable of decent damage. But on higher difficulties I find ranged accuracy lacking (they miss +4 from flanking and have 8 point lower accuracy Vs Prone enemies) and ranged characters generally miss on crazy OP Outflank crit chains.
Zen also has very little going for it in terms of class specific AB boosts.
Well, yeah. But at the same time the opportunity at the very beginning of Act 2 is easily missable and then you struggle with demon DR another full act (and then some).

volklore

Arcane
First, I do not see the words "takes swift action to toggle" in the description of the Aeon bane. Second, "no mods" means "no mods at all", not "except...". Even ModFinder, as I explained a dozen pages ago, requires injecting some third-party code into the game. Which, with Owlcat Games robust implementation, works OK — unless it does not.
Yeah Toybox is injecting code that specifically makes aeon bane be swift instead of free but other free actions like gazes are unaffected. Are you fuckign retarded ? There's plenty of examples of descriptions not telling you what action economy is required. The aeon bane description never said that it took a swift action to toggle, but it always did take a swift. In fact , your argument is even more retarded than you think because per pathfinder rules, when a description doesn't say what type of action is required, you should assume it is a Standard action and it works like this in game for everything that is not Owlbrew.

Aeon bane is a swift action toggle that stacks in rounds per day with inquisitor bane because, guess what, it is also a swift action toggle.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I would have checked the log file for all of this. Ultimately, the game operates not according to the rulebook but according to the code.

Find a +3 enhanced weapon (does this even exist in Act 1?) and see if it works as it should.
Yes, it does. Alternatively you can use Cam’s weapon enchanting to get there. There’s a relic that makes DR/Cold Iron a non-issue.

Desiderius

Patron

Yeah, Zen archer is capable of decent damage. But on higher difficulties I find ranged accuracy lacking (they miss +4 from flanking and have 8 point lower accuracy Vs Prone enemies) and ranged characters generally miss on crazy OP Outflank crit chains.
Zen also has very little going for it in terms of class specific AB boosts.
Well, yeah. But at the same time the opportunity at the very beginning of Act 2 is easily missable and then you struggle with demon DR another full act (and then some).
Maybe if you weren’t Tripping everything you could hit better at range? Not needing Rapid Shot is a hidden +2 AB from the class.

AB can be an issue against bosses but there you can take advantage of ZA’s extra attacks from Flurry and extra rolls from Perfect Strike to crit fish with Bless Weapon against any AC.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, I freed the Vrock at market square and it had DR/Good. I had to lower its health with boneshakers, arrows of law and used the paladin's Challenge Evil and Smite to distract it.
My MC managed to killed it with a lucky hit after about 10 8 turns of throwing everything I had at it.
Good thing it's not great in melee, even though it has like 5 attacks that kept missing.

Turn based feels a lot better than RTwP in this game. RTwP is a lot harder and ultimately turns into a clusterfuck.

Makes the tavern mission a slog though.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah, I freed the Vrock at market square and it had DR/Good. I had to lower its health with boneshakers, arrows of law and used the paladin's Challenge Evil and Smite to distract it.
My MC managed to killed it with a lucky hit after about 10 8 turns of throwing everything I had at it.
Good thing it's not great in melee, even though it has like 5 attacks that kept missing.

Turn based feels a lot better than RTwP in this game. RTwP is a lot harder and ultimately turns into a clusterfuck.

Challenge Evil is a poor spell.

Smite of the other hand bypasses DR so give her a two-hander, Bull’s Strength, and Enlarge and let her gank it fast. Align weapon can also bypass it along with several other spells, abilities, and effects.

Was actually referring to the fact that you'll get an item that grants an AoE cold iron-ignoring aura as soon as you reach chapter 2. It should be hard to miss.

I spend most of my time in RTwP, but that's because I set up my party to roll over enemies with melee and generally don't need to cast much in battle. For tough battles it's TB. Though RTwP does allow some nifty tricks, for example you can turn on acrobatics in melee, walk a few steps backward and (short-ranged) enemies will choose a different target to attack, all without losing what would cost a full turn in TB.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

Smite of the other hand bypasses DR so give her a two-hander, Bull’s Strength, and Enlarge and let her gank it fast. Align weapon can also bypass it along with several other spells, abilities, and effects.
Too bad I chose long sword master for Radiance then.
I did find quite a few nice glaives too.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Speaking of Radiance, I did not have it around at the key moment to upgrade it near the end of Chp.3. Was that my only chance to do so? Toybox, then?

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Too bad I chose long sword master for Radiance then.
I did find quite a few nice glaives too.
Long Sword is good long-term but no need to restrict yourself to it.

If you mean Weapon Focus Feat it’s not the end of the world since it unlocks Dazzling Display into Shatter Defenses, which a lot of people like.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom