Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Can inspect and right click in battle to see their current morale. If you're stacking all the bonuses you'll probably have like 40+ in combat unless you're either losing battles or have very recently done a project that lowers morale.

Skipping turns might be due to some spells being cast.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Can someone explain to me why my pet is lvl 1 less than it should be?
Seelah is level 4 (3 paladin + 1 beast rider) however I can only lvl my pet to level 3 even though I have a boon companion.

I know it's a wasted feat, but I prefer to make the game easier when it matters.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
You don't auto hit on anything but 20. Your 15 is still a miss if your AB is low.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/Combat/#TOC-Attack-Roll

A natural 1 (the d20 comes up 1) on an attack roll is always a miss. A natural 20 (the d20 comes up 20) is always a hit. A natural 20 is also a threat—a possible critical hit (see the attack action).

Increased Threat Range

Sometimes your threat range is greater than 20. That is, you can score a threat on a lower number. In such cases, a roll of lower than 20 is not an automatic hit. For example:

19–20/×2: The weapon scores a threat on a natural roll of 19 or 20 (instead of just 20) and deals double damage on a critical hit.

18–20/×2: The weapon scores a threat on a natural roll of 18, 19, or 20 (instead of just 20) and deals double damage on a critical hit.

Any attack roll that doesn’t result in a hit is not a threat.

The only way to get more automatic hits (or automatic successes for some other checks) is abilities that force you to roll 20 or abilities that let you reroll and take the best rolls.
I’ll have to look through my shots but pretty sure this isn’t how it works in Wrath. I think TTT even fixes this to PnP.

I could count on one hand the amount of times I've needed to roll a Nat20 to hit at all so I could be wrong. Bless + advantage still nice for when you're at -10 to -15 which is enough to generate the threat and comes up a lot more often if you're playing half-way decent.

Seelah 11 Bless Crit killing Devarra.jpgSeelah 11 Bless Weapon crit fishing.jpgGreybor 11 Bless Weapon autocrit.jpgBit of Luck Crit fish Seelah.jpg

These are all examples of that where I was assuming AC didn't matter. Bless Weapon still good to force 20 with relatively poor AB.

Seelah 15 missing Unfair Soul Hunter on crit threat.jpg

Here you go - an example of what you're talking about (unfortunately missed the shot of Soul Hunter's AC - around 76 I think). I remember thinking at the time this was due to TTT but not sure.

Last edited:

Rhobar121

Scholar
Seelah is level 4 (3 paladin + 1 beast rider) however I can only lvl my pet to level 3 even though I have a boon companion.

I know it's a wasted feat, but I prefer to make the game easier when it matters.
She doesn’t unlock mount until pal 5.
What? She has level in beast rider that gives a pet at lvl 1.

Desiderius

Patron

Paladin gets five retroactive pet levels at level 5 if you choose Mount.

I’ll have to look through my shots but pretty sure this isn’t how it works in Wrath. I think TTT even fixes this to PnP.

Not sure what you think is different but I'm 100% sure crits aren't automatic hits. If so then a level 1 character with a 15-20 weapon and Fortune would hit half the time against anything in the game. No one would need AB then.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Xamenos you do realize why Kingmaker is "done" and no development goes into it? WotR is not in the same situation, so I hope they will continue improving the game.

The third Season Pass, though, might be too much.
WotR is not in the same situation? It still has issues?
It is not in the same situation because Owlcat Games does not have issues with Wrath.

The reason they stopped any support for Kingmaker is that when Owlcat became independent, they lost the rights and the revenue from Kingmaker. That is why they do not spend any more resources on patching the game. On the other hand, they still have full control over WotR, so they are still improving the game and getting income from it.
Oh, I see. I had almost forgotten that they had issues with the publisher they chose for KM, and that they bought their independence with the profits. Thanks.

A few more questions now: I see that only the first out of 3 planned DLC for Season Pass 2 has been released, is that right? Is there somewhere I can find more info on their plans, a roadmap, release dates or something? And what the hell happened to the site's interface since I was last there, I can't even find how to delete spaghetti quotes before they get out of hand, or how to give ratings other than a brofist to informative posts.

Rhobar121

Scholar

I KNOW THIS. However, I specifically chose the boon companion to have something that can tank through prolog and first act. For this reason, the pet should be on the same level as her.

I know the level/animal companion level thing can get weird at times with multiclassing, it's not really a "bug" but just how they coded the animal level ups to work, they are sometimes 1 ahead of your class level but then capped at character level anyway. But I thought it always gave you an extra level, never took one away. For example I think Beast Rider 1 Paladin 1 would give you a level 2 pet. Are you sure you took boon companion? If so then there's something else at work here that I don't know.

Rhobar121

Scholar

I know the level/animal companion level thing can get weird at times with multiclassing, it's not really a "bug" but just how they coded the animal level ups to work, they are sometimes 1 ahead of your class level but then capped at character level anyway. But I thought it always gave you an extra level, never took one away. For example I think Beast Rider 1 Paladin 1 would give you a level 2 pet. Are you sure you took boon companion?
If I didn't, the pets would be level 2 at best.

Now that I think about it, I recall there used to be something weird with boon companion in kingmaker when at very low levels in your pet class. Something like "you can only get 2 levels of boon companion for each 1 base level you have in a pet class". No idea why that exists though. I think it would immediately fix if you took a 2nd level of beast rider, giving you 2 more levels from boon companion and 1 more from the beast rider level itself, but obviously you don't want to do that.

Rhobar121

Scholar
It was obviously some weird bug. Neither loading the game nor even respect helped. What fixed the game was the change of location. It's just a pity I had cleared the entire market before I did.

Desiderius

Patron

Not sure what you think is different but I'm 100% sure crits aren't automatic hits. If so then a level 1 character with a 15-20 weapon and Fortune would hit half the time against anything in the game. No one would need AB then.
Uh, applying Fortune to every melee every turn isn't practical. I did find the shot that confirms that you're correct in how it works and I was mistaken.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
A few more questions now: I see that only the first out of 3 planned DLC for Season Pass 2 has been released, is that right?
Yes, only the Last Sarkorians DLC, 1 out of 3, has been released from Season Pass 2.
Is there somewhere I can find more info on their plans, a roadmap, release dates or something?
I could not find release dates by cursory googling, so maybe they did not announce them.

And what the hell happened to the site's interface since I was last there, I can't even find how to delete spaghetti quotes before they get out of hand, or how to give ratings other than a brofist to informative posts.
I am completely banned from the rating feature, and I use the BB code mode to remove unnecessary quote tags.

Uh, applying Fortune to every melee every turn isn't practical. I did find the shot that confirms that you're correct in how it works and I was mistaken.

Can abuse Chant/Cackle to stack the hex timer faster than it expires. Theoretically infinite, all you have to do is keep spamming it for 1 month IRL time to have 1 month of in game time for your hexes.

I beat Blackwater. I didn't think it was that difficult, but the word slog keeps coming directly to mind when I describe my WotR gaming session. I'm hoping something turns around soon.

scytheavatar

Scholar

I KNOW THIS. However, I specifically chose the boon companion to have something that can tank through prolog and first act. For this reason, the pet should be on the same level as her.

The hardest part of this game is Act 2. Especially the freaking Gargoyle cave and Swarms. Act 1 is the easy part of this game, just cast Enlarge person on Seelah and let her go to work. There is no point in freaking out over Act 1.

Desiderius

Patron
Act 1 Unfair is no picnic.

I beat Blackwater. I didn't think it was that difficult, but the word slog keeps coming directly to mind when I describe my WotR gaming session. I'm hoping something turns around soon.
Game probably has somewhere between 33% and 50% too much combat but usually if it feels like a slog you're missing something that would make things go smoother. Reloading contributes a lot to sloggishness.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No, neither DLCs nor patching are done.
That said, game's in a pretty good shape and it's not like you need all DLC content.

Data mining suggests new archetypes coming... but it's not like the game is lacking.
I hope one of the patches give HKS Divine Casting scaling.
I mean, it explicitly says in the fluff that clerics join HKS orders, so them not retaining divine caster levels is kind of silly and limits your build options.
I think they already do?

Problem is not progressing other Divine powers, such as Domains.
Doesn't the HKS lack Catchesis, which allows the character to continue divine spell progression?
It lacks Catechesis, but it's not needed for Divine Right now he's a Hellknight because I thought I wouldn't be able to progress divine casting, but if I can as a HKS I might as well go that route. Its not as if I'm progressing Domains with my current build.
Actually, a Godclaw Hellknight can progress the 5 Godclaw Domains. It's not like these are the best domains to progress, though.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Note that Vek recently nerfed pets to be more TT compliant. Note they cap at 16 in TTT (and have a slightly stunted progression).

Parabalus

Arcane
How do you stack the size transformation buffs so they bug out and you get the buffs, but your size remains unchanged?

Mostly to try and make charges easier.

Yosharian

Arcane

The hardest part of this game is Act 2. Especially the freaking Gargoyle cave and Swarms. Act 1 is the easy part of this game, just cast Enlarge person on Seelah and let her go to work. There is no point in freaking out over Act 1.
Ehhh the maze is pretty difficult imo

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So I've been thinking about what class would go be great for a Lich.
At first I thought it would be Cruromancer because of Dhampir, but then it occurred to me that the Sorcerer Undead Bloodline would work even better, as as a sorcerer you'll want charisma and apparently Lichdom turns you full undead, so you'll end up being pretty tough as a result.
Just to clarify, One of Us doesn't turn you pure undead, right? It just gives you a bunch of saving throw bonuses?

I still don't understand why Lann has Potion Crafting when he has no spells. Are you supposed to duel class him with an oracle or something?

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
Thinking of a future playthrough. Are there any mods that let you recruit more mythic units at act 5? I wanted to use my special guys in that final push but the game gave me 1 of them per turn, it was impractical.

volklore

Arcane

Maze and act1 are no joke. Having your pet scaled throughout act1 is definetely worth it on hard/unfair imo. 1 feat isn't going to make your act2 so much weaker. Also boon isn't a complete waste if you wanna multiclass after getting mark.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom