Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Hmm, looks like Spell Combat doesn't work with charge, only full round attacks. You can do spell combat->select pet->charge with pet->full round attack yourself (with no charge bonus), but given that I'm trying to build for charge multipliers that wouldn't satisfy me. Guess I'll go with longspears.

Parabalus I thought Demonic Charge didn't actually count as charging, so you wouldn't proc x2 damage on spears and equipment that activates on charge. Is that not true?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
It seems my Domain doesn't scale with Inquisitor levels but character level.
Law Domain is at level 14 and I'm Level 10 Sacred Huntsmaster and 4 Hellknight.
I dunno if its because of Impossible Domain : Animal, or if its just how it is.

I don't think I'll go all 10 levels of hellknight with my inquisitior. Level 10 Hellknight only seems to give the ability to make your weapon axiomatic, unholy or flaming burst.
Law Domain already gives me axiomatic weapons, unholy doesn't seem useful against demons and Ember already brings fire damage.

Question is though if I want to go 11 inquisitor and 9 hellknight to get Stalwart from Inquisitor and the armor resistance bonuses, Force of Will, Disciplines and better BAB from the Hellknight, or go 16 inquisitor and 4 hellknight to get the teamwork feats, spells and greater bane.

Last edited:

If it's bugged then its probably bugged on a per-ability basis. I haven't noticed that with other domains but then you have to looks closely if you're only slightly multiclassed.

Parabalus

Arcane
@Parabalus I thought Demonic Charge didn't actually count as charging, so you wouldn't proc x2 damage on spears and equipment that activates on charge. Is that not true?
It doesn't count as a charge.

Thought it'd be utterly useless for a mounted char, so I was pleasantly surprised when the pet ported with me. And even more when I noticed that the pet has the ability too.

Mostly useful when you can't charge (very often) and you can get full attacks either on the pet or on the rider.

Parabalus

Arcane
Uh, applying Fortune to every melee every turn isn't practical. I did find the shot that confirms that you're correct in how it works and I was mistaken.

Can abuse Chant/Cackle to stack the hex timer faster than it expires. Theoretically infinite, all you have to do is keep spamming it for 1 month IRL time to have 1 month of in game time for your hexes.
I did this for a few fights. Helped a lot fighting Mephistopheles. By the time it is applied to everyone they've got a few rounds before it expires, add protective luck and cackle for like a minute and you'll easily be set for an entire fight.
ToyBox has an option to make cackle out of combat last 10 minutes, so if this is something you're into check that.

It doesn't count as a charge.

Thought it'd be utterly useless for a mounted char, so I was pleasantly surprised when the pet ported with me. And even more when I noticed that the pet has the ability too.

Mostly useful when you can't charge (very often) and you can get full attacks either on the pet or on the rider.

If you can swift action dimension door (like with Magus or using quicken rods) then I think you should be able to score charges constantly. Though you do have to commit to the teleport before you know whether it has a valid charge path to your target, so might be a bit risky.

ToyBox has an option to make cackle out of combat last 10 minutes, so if this is something you're into check that.
Should really just turn the difficulty down a notch if you're gonna use that IMO.

Parabalus

Arcane
If you can swift action dimension door (like with Magus or using quicken rods) then I think you should be able to score charges constantly. Though you do have to commit to the teleport before you know whether it has a valid charge path to your target, so might be a bit risky.
Arcane Rider?

That works fine for TB but it's too wacky for RTwP, and like you said, if there's a pebble in your way you're fucked.

If it's a single boss you can often just move and cycle charge in RTwP too, depending on how the game is feeling.

For mooks you can autocast charge and it works decently, but just letting the pet move and the rider full attacking works for them too with less clicking.

Should really just turn the difficulty down a notch if you're gonna use that IMO.
Agree, but people like doing weird things.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Mounts are indeed a little jank. Sometimes if you tell your mounted character to interact with an object or speak to a NPC the mounted character kind of spins around there. Also there's an annoying tendency of enemies getting stuck in your mount, which makes it hard to target them.

Parabalus

Arcane
Obviously will be using a skald to deliver pounce. Not sure which charge bonuses apply to only the first attack or which apply to all attacks in the charge round, but I think most of them apply to everything.
Mythic charge and spear apply to everything in the charge round, so on anything with a separate source, notably in A1 from Staunton's brother you can buy a Devastating Blow from Above and Living Ram armor, which both get x3 from longspear charge, and then you get 3x3 mythic charge damage. Afterwards with pounce iteratives it gets silly.

It sometimes applies to AoOs in the charge round as well.

Arcane Rider?

That works fine for TB but it's too wacky for RTwP, and like you said, if there's a pebble in your way you're fucked.

If it's a single boss you can often just move and cycle charge in RTwP too, depending on how the game is feeling.

For mooks you can autocast charge and it works decently, but just letting the pet move and the rider full attacking works for them too with less clicking.
Haven't gotten to that point, but I think autopause on spell cast should be enough to make it work in RT and let me immediately target something for charge.

then you get 3x3 mythic charge damage
Damn, didn't realize it worked like that. Thought everytime in Pathfinder you had multiplier stacking like this they went additively (so 3x3 = 6x).

If damage is that stupid strong then I'll definitely need lunge to increase my range and dish out more iteratives on things far away from me.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

If it's bugged then its probably bugged on a per-ability basis. I haven't noticed that with other domains but then you have to looks closely if you're only slightly multiclassed.
It seems to be that way with Law Domain, at least.
I have 2 uses of Staff of Order.
You get one use at level 8 and an extra use every 4 levels afterwards in the class that gave you that domain.
If it only counted Sacred Huntmaster I would only have 1 use as I'm level 11.

However, as I'm level 14 total I have 2 uses.

If that's how it is with all domains then I'm fine with it; it makes multiclassing and prestige classes more viable.

Mounted: Check
Charging: Check
Spirited Charge: Check
Damage multiplier: Not happening?

Has anyone used this and confirmed it actually works?

h8U3WXN.png

gOZRj67.png

faYUJc7.png

I do get x2 if I use shortspear but that should become x3 from spirited charge too, right?

OK, figured it out. I believe the problem is that your mounted status is not saved or reloaded from the savegame properly. Every time you reload a save you need to dismount and remount to get Spirited Charge to work.

VMVe1mU.png

EDIT: Wait, no. Now that's not it. Reloading a save didn't cause the bug again, but it was fixed before by remounting. If its random then that's gonna be annoying.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

You get one use at level 8 and an extra use every 4 levels afterwards in the class that gave you that domain.

If that's how it is with all domains then I'm fine with it; it makes multiclassing and prestige classes more viable.
Classes with Domains will advance those Domains. What's bugged about it? Did you take Law Domain via Godclaw Order on Hellknight?

Think I figured it out, Spirited Charge does not work after a rest until you remount. Persists even across savegames.

EDIT: To clarify, if you rest while mounted you are unmounted but don't lose the "mounted combat" ability on your character. My guess is that when you then remount after the rest the game looks at you, sees that you have "mounted combat" and decides it doesn't need to turn on the other mounted modifiers because it thinks you were already mounted. So you then have to unmount to remove "mounted combat", then remount and you get both "mounted combat" and "spirited charge".

EDIT2: this may only happen if you are attacked during sleep, not sure.

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

Classes with Domains will advance those Domains. What's bugged about it? Did you take Law Domain via Godclaw Order on Hellknight?
Nope, I took Order of the Nail and I started the game with Law Domain on my inquisitor.
My point is that even when I took Hellknight it still advanced Law Domain.

Act 1 Unfair is no picnic.

I beat Blackwater. I didn't think it was that difficult, but the word slog keeps coming directly to mind when I describe my WotR gaming session. I'm hoping something turns around soon.
Game probably has somewhere between 33% and 50% too much combat but usually if it feels like a slog you're missing something that would make things go smoother. Reloading contributes a lot to sloggishness.
I am playing it wrong. AD&D, and especially the IE games ruined me. I keep trying to play Owlcat games the same way, and it's not wise. My first run through Kingmaker was similar. AT MC with a squishy nuanced party. Not good. Then I did a no-nonsense warrior run with a classic party composition and it was a far more enjoyable experience. I should be doing the same thing here, but I've got a learn the hard way again.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
You can make casters work (though Ray nukers can be redundant with simply playing Martials well), it's just a matter of managing who the enemy sees when. Stealth is underrated. So is range.

I'm not having much difficulty. Not after my premature Wintersun run at least. I was expecting Blackwater to be a nightmare based on what other have written about it, but I had no real problems. I think it's just what you said in that there is about 30-50% too much combat. That's kind of taxing, especially with my late bloomer party composition. I should have done a holy knight angel play through for my first campaign. When in Rome, sort of thing.

I found some of the wintersun fights to be some of the hardest in chapter 3. Treants with AC in the 50s or 60s, tough ghost that drain you, and some mean ranged enemies that target your low AC characters. Blackwater is just a damage test, if you have two handers with power attack and mythic power attack you barely even notice their DR but if you are running around dealing 1d8+5 damage then you'll never kill anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom