Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
well we do know that it is not part of any quest (or precisely the area behind the Shadows are not part of any quest) but in the end of the day there are big incentive to get it down as soon as possible considering time limit before Tavern attack

Not that big, no. 7K is nice for the Amulet but I wouldn't do it on Hard or Unfair. You've got more to worry about there than just getting drained and playing reload-fest defeats the purpose of turning up difficulty early.

You'll eventually get more dough and the Amulet isn't all that great to keep. EXP is meh.

even if you reduce + cat grace woljiff, in Core, there still a lot of chance that the guy going to get hit

You're going to troll me into playing this again, aren't you? If you're going to play Hard and above that early why not take the time to do it right?

Have you ever even activated Fighting Defensively on Wolj? Might as well give him three ranks in Mobility since he's INT-based and gets plenty of skill points. What is Shadow AB? Does Mage Armor work against them (evidently supposed to)?

Once you hit lvl 4 he gets Mirror Image and Blur as well.

To sum up:

(1) Core is a good difficulty to start on then kick it up as your abilities come in and/or things get too easy. I kicked it up last time once Seelah got her Tower Shield after Garrison and I had a proper tank for Unfair, besides doing some testing on the hard stuff. Difficulty curve isn't naturally constant. I did early game once on Unfair with Skald MC and Leopard tank and it was enough.

(2) If you play smart, Wolj can tank Shadows on Core if they even get to you. Learn how to hit things hard with Lann or Wend as needed so they often don't. Don't charge in with STR-based vs Touch attacks. This was a lesson to learn vs Soul Eaters in P:K.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Okay, I've finished Lord of Nothing DLC for Wrath of the Righteous. 5/10. The ending is unintentionally funny, because you do your quest and the game goes "good job, but only the Commander is a Bad Enough Dude to defeat Sithhud" and throws you to the main menu. There's nothing egregiously bad about the DLC, but it's just four unconnected short dungeons. The story is nothing, the companions are nothing. Probably the toughest iteration of X Darkness bonus boss, because you are fighting a level 29 Oracle with a level 11 party. I ended the DLC level 12 with completionism, but there's not much in the way of side content.

I am liking it.
Second minidungeon boss, the hill giant dude, he's super hard on unfair (unfortunately my team is sucky, I made it for the first DLC where combat wasn't the focus, some questionable build and feat choices).
I don't know if its a bug but you are able to resist his cold spells on hard, but on unfair it's like he has ascendant cold (plus 2X dmg), even killing skellies.

My only critique so far is evil choices give absolutely no reward, I already tried twice (side with the translator, don't incarnate the spirit in the tower) and there's no reason to pick them.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Shouldn't the new lesser animate dead helps with the shadows in the market area? Idk if you can let Daeran learn the spell.

If you go there at Level 3 you have no choice but to deal with it with whatever you have.
It's a level 2 spell if I am not mistaken.
So if you manage to take Daeran at level 4 cleaning the map (i don't remember if you can) you should get it?
I think even Ember should have access to it?

Is there a reason to continue an old save from the first dlc or do we miss nothing starting anew in the new one?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Shouldn't the new lesser animate dead helps with the shadows in the market area? Idk if you can let Daeran learn the spell.

If you go there at Level 3 you have no choice but to deal with it with whatever you have.
So if you manage to take Daeran at level 4 cleaning the map (i don't remember if you can) you should get it?

You probably need to leave market area to get to level 4, basically doing some quest in Daeran, Library, Tower, and then go back to Market, kill shadows, kill necromancer.

Desiderius

Patron

You probably need to leave market area to get to level 4, basically doing some quest in Daeran, Library, Tower, and then go back to Market, kill shadows, kill necromancer.

Which can be dicey to pull off on Hard and above without resting, and you don't have much time to rest before Defense triggers.

Aren't there death ward scrolls sold by the merchant?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have infinite time to handle things in the market square so long as you don't zone out and travel on the world map? I think you can only get the notification to go to the tavern defense as a "random" encounter on the world map. So you technically have all the time in the world to rest and prepare (well corruption is still a thing).

scytheavatar

Scholar
What you need to have to deal with shadows:

1) Magic missile

2) Finnean + Enlarge person on Lann/Wendy to increase their damage output

3) Channel energy with a Paladin

Send your pets out to get their strength drained and die. You can just rest and get them back.

If you want to trivialize the fight, get a merc who can cast Spike Growth. Which trivializes a lot of the fights in act 1.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I like the nice little discussion you guys are having when the result of that encounter mostly depends on how much the ai targeting will spaz out and odds are your min maxed "bro just cast tiny dick and activate a battan, git gud" will do shit and the enemy will gang on your squishy mc, for example. Although I might be wrong, the odds are the game was fixed and works now, right.

But seriously, yeah, you're getting hit by those shadows so just get the blonde faggot to deal with it. In tb you can luck out on initiative rolls and sometimes aoo (because, yeah, ai targeting logic is retardid/bugged to hell)+normal attack them before they can do anything (get the bow from the cellar, ghost touch on camelia etc.), but whatever.

Oh, and wait for that "3k ghouls and then when both you and your pc left the solar system nabasu teleport in the middle of your party" encounter in Drezen. I bet you gonna love it.

1H2FUXP.png

This is totally balanced, practically a must-take for someone in the group now much like Inspirational Leader. Also makes the typical Alchemist character to spam Shield on your twohanders/pets obsolete. Lack of Archmage armor is not gonna be a problem.

Shame the other shield feats kind of suck, and they doubly suck because if you use this totally balanced buckler feat then the buckler is overriding most of your own shield's bonus. Not much use taking a tower shield when it only gives you an additional 1-3 AC.

Also Mythic Inspiration is amazing, I haven't seen anyone talking about it? +1/2/3/4 at MR 1/4/7/10 bonus to bard/skald singing bonuses. Another must have.

EDIT: Looking at the numbers, Mythic Heavy/Medium Armor Assault looks pretty competitive with Mythic Power Attack just on its own merits, generally beating it until very high levels or Legend levels. But the mythic armor bonuses are also another bonus that can add damage to each individual weapon damage proc, so potentially 2-4x as much damage per attack. Also doesn't suffer the damage loss that you'd get for weapons that don't get 1.5x/1x strength bonus (like natural attacks) when using power attack. Downside is you do need to burn a feat on armor focus.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
What you need to have to deal with shadows:

1) Magic missile

2) Finnean + Enlarge person on Lann/Wendy to increase their damage output

3) Channel energy with a Paladin

Send your pets out to get their strength drained and die. You can just rest and get them back.

If you want to trivialize the fight, get a merc who can cast Spike Growth. Which trivializes a lot of the fights in act 1.
That creature type isn’t immune to Blindness, Dazzle, Slow, or Entangle, and Undead have no SR so good time for that Prayer scroll too.

Cam’s weapon comes with Ghost Touch but she can also do damage to Undead with Heal spells/scrolls. Seelah with Smite + Enlarge/Reach also does good damage.

Desiderius

Patron
I like the nice little discussion you guys are having when the result of that encounter mostly depends on how much the ai targeting will spaz out and odds are your min maxed "bro just cast tiny dick and activate a battan, git gud" will do shit and the enemy will gang on your squishy mc, for example. Although I might be wrong, the odds are the game was fixed and works now, right.

But seriously, yeah, you're getting hit by those shadows so just get the blonde faggot to deal with it. In tb you can luck out on initiative rolls and sometimes aoo (because, yeah, ai targeting logic is retardid/bugged to hell)+normal attack them before they can do anything (get the bow from the cellar, ghost touch on camelia etc.), but whatever.

Oh, and wait for that "3k ghouls and then when both you and your pc left the solar system nabasu teleport in the middle of your party" encounter in Drezen. I bet you gonna love it.
New player: “my white mage/cleric/thief kender isn’t having much luck against this blue dragon with his hoopak, shld I buy scroll to make it bigger?”

Kotex krewe: “Nah, not really playing to your strengths there, try to whack it with your heavy hitters after doing some spell damage to keep it from frying you”

Zboj Lamignat: “As if it matters, it’s all just RNG anyway, just wait until you have to fight Lord Soth!”

C’mon man. They’re lvl 3 ghosts. If you can’t or won’t adjust tactics to pwn them turn down the difficulty.

They’ve cleaned up most (all?) of the extra damage packets.
Well it just added damage 3 times for a charge with Devastating Blow From Above and Living Ram, all tripled by Longspear + Spirited Charge. That's a cool 9d6 + 72 damage for a single hit.

Is Buckler Mythic giving rank? Shldn’t it work off of Buckler AC (max +6)?
It's combining base buckler AC + enchantment + shield focus. Magical Vestments does appear to work to improve the bonus from the mythic skill if it improves the item's enchantment. Though its a bit buggy, I think you need to leave the radius and then re-enter it for it to recalculate?

EDIT: Wait, you're right. I was thinking Armor class 6 + 5 enchantment from reading the item, but it's obviously 1 base armor class+ 5 enchantment +1 shield focus. Maybe they fucked up the math the same way?

EDIT2: Uhh... I'm not sure how I got that number earlier. It now shows only +7. Not sure if it somehow stacks with other shield bonuses, or if messing around and equipping different bucklers temporarily stacks the effect?

Mythic Inspiration is from (frequently unbalanced) mods? Have to be careful with those.
V4et4Ka.png

All I have is bubble buffs and toybox installed, don't think its from either of those?

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Are you sure that isn’t from TT Mythic Rework?

Bard/Skald bonuses (as opposed to Skald giving abilities) were relatively weaker in Wrath compared to P:K because the scale is wider in Wrath. That Mythic just gets them back up to par. Kind of boring tbh.

If Vestment is stacking for Mythic Buckler that’s a bug. Stacking AC bonuses are harder to find than AB so probably worth it even unbugged on Cam since she’s already pretty tanky when Reduced.

I can correct myself and say that stacking the buckler AoE bonus with normal shields actually works fine. You don't get the base AC but you do get to get your shield's enchantment bonus (ontop of the buckler's enchantment bonus which is included in the base shield AC modifier)

FPqqVZg.png

In this example the other character has the mythic buckler bonus while this character just has a buckler and shield focus.
Are you sure that isn’t from TT Mythic Rework?
I'm sure.

If Vestment is stacking for Mythic Buckler that’s a bug. Stacking AC bonuses are harder to find than AB so probably worth it even unbugged on Cam since she’s already pretty tanky when Reduced.
It doesn't seem to be vestments that got me to +11 there. I'm trying a bunch of things and I honestly have no idea how I got that number. Must be some obscure bug/glitch. I was using toybox to level up and get the feats and it is a save from the previous patch though, so who knows what broke it.

OK, I see it again. I think if you have multiple characters with the mythic buckler feat it can stack with itself?

8KcmOL7.png

Although I can see that some things are definitely buggy loading my old save now. So can't guarantee this works on a fresh game. Could be possible toybox is fucking it up somehow too.

Can I take a minute to rage at how fucking stupid it is that there's no in-game console to test things with? Basically every competent game has one, especially RPGs. Just something simple like letting me add feats or XP to characters to test things would be amazing, instead we have to resort to incredibly hacky mods that make testing things on any new patch dubious. How the hell does Owlcat test their games before release without a console? Oh wait we all see that they don't lmao.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Okay, I've finished Lord of Nothing DLC for Wrath of the Righteous. 5/10. The ending is unintentionally funny, because you do your quest and the game goes "good job, but only the Commander is a Bad Enough Dude to defeat Sithhud" and throws you to the main menu. There's nothing egregiously bad about the DLC, but it's just four unconnected short dungeons. The story is nothing, the companions are nothing. Probably the toughest iteration of X Darkness bonus boss, because you are fighting a level 29 Oracle with a level 11 party. I ended the DLC level 12 with completionism, but there's not much in the way of side content.

I am liking it.
Second minidungeon boss, the hill giant dude, he's super hard on unfair
And that was your mistake.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

I am liking it.
Second minidungeon boss, the hill giant dude, he's super hard on unfair
And that was your mistake.

I am not complaining, it's a fun challenge, especially for people who played this game too much already.

But it will be patched sooner or later, unfair shouldn't give extra abilities, just inflate stats.

Another one for who played the dlc

How did you deal with Chained darkness? On unfair it has 57 AC that it buffs to 75 AC the first round, and the 3 mandatory companions are nothing speshul, and you are level 10/11, and it requires silver weapons to stop regen and being able to kill it, which I think are nowhere in the DLC?

Even on lower difficultes it seems pretty overtuned for the tools at your disposal

So, don't have a Through the Ashes save, any recommendations for killing the final boss (IIRC a Kalavakus) on Unfair? I'm thinking Arcane Rider long spear charge build using True Strike would be ideal for hitting him, but is that enough? Or do I need something like a Skald singing + Shaman with cackle and fortune as well?

Also, is there any working respec mod? If I have to use Sendri then I'd like to at least make him a Geomancer. Really don't understand why they decided to make him a seeker when you're already forced to have a rogue (I'd probably respec rekarth as well, not sure what to though).

EDIT: Huh, didn't realize this initially, but Cackle (Witch) still works to extend Protective Luck while Chant (Shaman) doesn't. I guess this way Camelia doesn't utterly mog Ember any more. Unfortunately Hag of Gyronna doesn't really seem to give anything great in the TtA/Lord of Nothing level range.

EDIT2: lmao

v9m4ua6.png

Owlcat, Chant extends Fortune...

EDIT3: LMAO EVEN MORE

JjhFDPd.png

So, Shaman chant no longer extends fortune. But Shamans can take Cackle, because the Extra Hex (Shaman) feat actually gives access to Witch hexes instead. Which also means you can do stuff like take both the Shaman and the Witch version of Fortune to have double fortune extended by your cackles, and of course they do stack. Can't double up protective though, only the Witch version is extendable (it's actually that way rather than Witch's Cackle being able to extend Shaman's Protective luck, sadly).

Although when you think about it, even if they fix this, you could still accomplish this "legit" with a 1 level dip into the other class to unlock being able to take their hexes with feats. Which... is massively powerful. Double fortune is practically infinite crits with high crit range weapons. Witch 1 with human lets you take Protective Luck, Fortune, and Cackle at level 1, then you can get the Shaman version by level 3 and just continue as a practically pure class shaman. I think I'll do the "legit" variant for my run.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom