Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Regill is average in terms of his default build and stuff, but he is the best companion in the game easily so... Just respec him.

The two usual reasons for full respec, variety and shitty build/archetype don’t apply here. You’ve got three different entirely unique abilities available via Domains (Touch of Law, Inspiring Command, and Dimensional Hop) along with things like Fearsomeness that take him in an entirely different direction.

That doesn’t even take into account the other HK abilities which could also get there with some work but that even I haven’t tried yet. Since his Morale Aura stacks even on AB and Damage where it shouldn’t the only good reason to respec him is because rn HK is *too* good in a bugged way.

Desiderius

Patron
The only meh part is that the unique things he can do later (with that later being lvl 13, which is early enough for the harder ch3 stuff and all of Abyss) aren't online yet when you get him.

If you want to play him anyway then because RP, stipulation, or just liking the character you can use him as your Intimidator (holding him up for a round to allow tankier characters to grab aggro as with Amiri in P:K) then just play him STR-based with Power Attack, Enlarge, and Bull's Strength since he has Smite Chaos to hit the tougher targets anyway. As his abilities and Feats come in you can switch to DEX-based with Reduce and let him offtank. Inspiring Command + his Aura end up at +5 AC which also applies to him making him tanky enough at that point to survive on his own.

He also can get Touch of Law right away which you can bring him in for on skill checks or combine with Domain Zealot to use strategically in combat.

Regill9 interrupt hold person.jpg

Here I was using him as my assassin to interrupt dangerous spells before they could go off (RTwP only)

Reg Personal Fav.jpg

He also has a nice favorite food to help him land blows. With all the attacks he works well with Leading Strike (RTwP only). I've found ranged characters help get the marks cashed in consistently.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Desideius, since you know a lot about the game, which MP do you suggest for a Shadowcaster? I will re play wotr after I finish RT and die in hardcore ddo.

Desiderius

Patron
Can't. Protocol, etiquette, politeness and rectitude often propose too many contradictory options.

Barbarians exist to resolve them.

Desideius, since you know a lot about the game, which MP do you suggest for a Shadowcaster? I will re play wotr after I finish RT and die in hardcore ddo.

It's a big game. Haven't played a Shadowcaster or a Lich yet*. Probably a flaw in Trickster design that it offers little to the class that I'm aware of. Completely normal spell?

I'd probably play Demon for the extra DC and summons turning on their summoner theme.

* - I talk like I do about Scion and Reg (mostly tongue-in-cheek but not entirely!) because I *have* played those and found interesting things there and the ankle-biters are talking out of their asses/relying on clueless journos who suck.

Last edited:

EdgyRightWinger

Educated
Patron
Why do bulk portrait packs include the following? It's a big waste of time having to delete them.

• Halflings
  • Gnomes
  • Furries
  • Tieflings
  • Half-Orcs
  • Blacks
  • Tatted up women
  • Obviously homosexual shirtless dudes
  • Anime art styles.
  • Anime hair in any art style
  • Low res artwork that looks like shit in game
  • Women being overly affectionate to their wolf or dog. You just know.

Trickster makes sense for a Shadowcaster MC because of Completely Normal Spell and because of mythic tricks and cloak which let you reroll checks. Your shadow minion should never turn on you. Depending on how it's coded, CNS might also be able to manipulate Shadow Spells by using higher level spells. While I very much appreciated Owlcat putting in the shadow spells, they're a little limited without TTT mod. I don't really consider them worth using without it.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
The domains were bugged for awhile since he had Godclaw as his Deity instead of his Order, but that was fixed a year or so ago.

It's bugged now, couldn't select during level up with the latest patch.

Also unrelated, the demondand secret abode fight is bugged, enemies will revert to neutral NPC status in the middle of the fight (!) and the new heavy armour mythic feat that add damage doesn't add damage...

Desiderius

Patron
The domains were bugged for awhile since he had Godclaw as his Deity instead of his Order, but that was fixed a year or so ago.

Also unrelated, the demondand secret abode fight is bugged, enemies will revert to neutral NPC status in the middle of the fight (!) and the new heavy armour mythic feat that add damage doesn't add damage...

Now that Wrath Trader is released maybe the talent can get back to WotR final edition once that's somewhat stable.

I'm waiting on both.

Yosharian

Arcane

L m a o

Owlcat is never going to change are they

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
No reason to change. "Bugged but huge" design school has made them and Larian a lot of money,. If looks stupid but it works, it's not stupid.

Last edited:

Rhobar121

Scholar
No reason to. change "Bugged but huge" design school has made them and Larian a lot of money,. If looks stupid but it works, it's not stupid.
There is no point in comparing Larian and Owlcat. In the case of Larian games, the game is 100% playable at launch, at most the last act is unfinished.
In the case of Owlcat, whether you manage to complete the game depends on whether you roll 20, otherwise you have a high chance of soft or hardlock.
There are so many idiots working at Owlcat that they won't even test the critical path properly.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Guys, since I don't like low level D&D, I always played in normal and only when got into lv 7, bumped the difficulty to hard and saw that I miss the unfair archivements, this time I decided to play since lv 1 as hard as an shadowcaster, if I drop from hard to core only the rest of chapter 1, will I lost the core only archivements?

Rhobar121

Scholar
Guys, since I don't like low level D&D, I always played in normal and only when got into lv 7, bumped the difficulty to hard and saw that I miss the unfair archivements, this time I decided to play since lv 1 as hard as an shadowcaster, if I drop from hard to core only the rest of chapter 1, will I lost the core only archivements?
Probably yes, although I don't see the point, the game isn't terribly difficult in act 1 if you know what you're doing (apart from literally 2 fights in act)

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Probably yes, although I don't see the point, the game isn't terribly difficult in act 1 if you know what you're doing (apart from literally 2 fights in act)

I play with 2~3 party members to get to lv 7 asap. And some fights mainly in the last location I had to try 4 times to beat.

-----------------------

Lowered the diff to core unlocked the shadow. I just din't understood exactly how the DC 18 save is calculated, what he rolls +20, if is my will save, if is my shadow will save(meaning that when he grows stronger, the likeliness to fail will decrease)

1sHwqrz.png

Desiderius

Patron

I play with 2~3 party members to get to lv 7 asap. And some fights mainly in the last location I had to try 4 times to beat.

-----------------------

Lowered the diff to core unlocked the shadow. I just din't understood exactly how the DC 18 save is calculated, what he rolls +20, if is my will save, if is my shadow will save(meaning that when he grows stronger, the likeliness to fail will decrease)

1sHwqrz.png

Can you translate that into Engrish?

scytheavatar

Scholar

Is retrying a fight for 4 times supposed to be a lot? Looks like someone hasn't played the Dark Souls games.....

If you need to basically cheat in order to finish the game in hard then I am not sure why you are trying to play the game in hard difficulty in the first place.

Yosharian

Arcane
You could view it as cheating, another way of viewing it is using every tool the game gives you in order to gain an advantage - it's just another way of optimising. The game mode is called Unfair after all.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Nigga, you'd get faster to level 7 just by playing full squad like a normal person, instead of repeating every fight 8 times because you decided to roll with small party for no reason.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
a fight for 4 times supposed to be a lot? Looks like someone hasn't played the Dark Souls games.....

I did, the unique boss which gave me a lot of problems is capra demon and bed of chaos.

you'd get faster to level 7 just by playing full squad like a normal person, instead of repeating every fight 8 times

I don't need to re try many times any encounter. I only had to re try multiple times 4 fights in the first act. Phantasmal killer is great. And yes, still with 4 party members.

hrXpNyu.png

--------------------------

In Linux, running the game with proton, anyone knows the location of save game files? I wanna backup my save before choosing a mythic path.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom