Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Trickster makes sense for a Shadowcaster MC because of Completely Normal Spell and because of mythic tricks and cloak which let you reroll checks. Your shadow minion should never turn on you. Depending on how it's coded, CNS might also be able to manipulate Shadow Spells by using higher level spells. While I very much appreciated Owlcat putting in the shadow spells, they're a little limited without TTT mod. I don't really consider them worth using without it.

Shadow Spells work well with Phantasmal Mage because Gnome gets extra DC and they counteract downside of Arcanist class by giving you more variety at your fingertips like a Wizard.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/6175062071395959010
Update 2.2.3c

Hello, crusaders!
Update 2.2.3c is here, in which we again fixed the mechanics of the Winter Witch and Winter Child.

If you are playing with mods, don’t forget to update them before loading your saves!

Beware of possible plot spoilers below!

Classes & Mechanics

• When leveling up, the Hellknight could not select Pentamic Faith — fixed;
  • In some locations, the terrain for Geomancer abilities and buffs was not taken into account correctly — fixed;
  • Oracle curse progression was not calculating correctly and as described — fixed;
  • Combining the Winter Witch and Winter Child spellbooks now works correctly;
  • The levels of the Winter Witch are now added together with the levels of the Winter Child to determine the level of the Blizzard Servant;
  • Winter Witch's Unearthly Cold ability also applies to the cold damage from Blizzard Servant's Whirlwind of Hail ability;
  • The Winter Witch's Cold Specialization ability also increases the difficulty of the Blizzard Servant's Whirlwind of Hail saving throw.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3987432

Physical Rewards: December Update​

Greetings, Pathfinders!

We're here with another update about physical rewards. We haven't forgotten about them and are working tirelessly to organize delivery routes for all of your packages. Unfortunately, shipping of the next batches has been delayed and moved to the early months of the next year. The delay is due to both changes in delivery routes and the fact that the process will be put on hold a bit by the upcoming holidays.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will definitely be back with a new update after the Christmas holidays! We remain committed to delivering physical rewards to all of our backers, despite all the difficulties with logistics.

We thank you for your patience and are working hard to meet your expectations despite all the difficulties and delays.

Love, Owlcats

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone knows when the last DLC should affect the main campain? I am in chapter V and so far nothing

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Guys, since I don't like low level D&D, I always played in normal and only when got into lv 7, bumped the difficulty to hard and saw that I miss the unfair archivements, this time I decided to play since lv 1 as hard as an shadowcaster, if I drop from hard to core only the rest of chapter 1, will I lost the core only archivements?
Yes, you will. This includes choosing a difficulty and then adjusting settings within it. So no xp sharing on/off for you.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Does Azata favorable magic affect Mournful Shadow will save?

The shadow is quite good but every single turn is a DC 18(and I din't know against what) to break free. IF yes, I will reload my previous save and go azata. I'm doing lich mp at moment.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
New gamebreaking bug; after a cutscene during Ulbrig's quest in chapter V you get teleported in an area of the map where you can't exit or move away (or dimension door somewhere) from it. Had to Toybox and teleport on the worldmap.

Reminds me of the bug at release where the same happened if you refused Sosiel advances and devs punished you teleporting in some building in Drezen where you couldn't move out.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I am starting to think something bugged because I just have left to do Iz and Ineluctable Prison in Chapter V, and there is nothing regarding the lord of nothing DLC :[

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Man, I'm digging this game so far, but I have a few questions:

1. I get to the Mongrel camp, and everybody stops talking for some reason? Glitch, or did the voice acting budget dry up unexpectedly? I was loving that Lann guy's voice!
  2. What's all this angel stuff? Is this because I chose the glowey-eyes metal-hair race or is this available to everybody? How come the spider-cat woman didn't want me to show the light? Is it because she's Neutral Evil? Will continuing to insist that I'm a reincarnated angel radically change my story, or is it more akin to a very large sidequest?
  3. I forgot my third question, sorry. It might have had something to do with the gameplay mechanics, so feel free to provide beginner tips.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Chapter 3 right now. If I skip blackwater as an shadowcaster lich focused in illusion(first)/necromancy(second), will I lose anything significant? Blackwater is very annoying and I don't remember the loot. Google din't helped me with this question.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
That’s the Lord of Nothing for you.

Ok, so reached the new "dungeon"... that thing can't be called a dungeon.
It's a fight, then another small fight and then the final one without nothing in between; and one small railroaded dialogue without much possibility of "choice".

I think it's also against Pathfinder canon lore but oh well.

I wonder why you need to import the save in chapter 2 if the content is so little and so late.
Meh.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Chapter 3 right now. If I skip blackwater as an shadowcaster lich focused in illusion(first)/necromancy(second), will I lose anything significant? Blackwater is very annoying and I don't remember the loot. Google din't helped me with this question.
There's very good loot with some items I used the whole game, but depends on your team.

Man, I'm digging this game so far, but I have a few questions:

1. I get to the Mongrel camp, and everybody stops talking for some reason? Glitch, or did the voice acting budget dry up unexpectedly? I was loving that Lann guy's voice!
  2. What's all this angel stuff? Is this because I chose the glowey-eyes metal-hair race or is this available to everybody? How come the spider-cat woman didn't want me to show the light? Is it because she's Neutral Evil? Will continuing to insist that I'm a reincarnated angel radically change my story, or is it more akin to a very large sidequest?
  3. I forgot my third question, sorry. It might have had something to do with the gameplay mechanics, so feel free to provide beginner tips.
1. Glitch
2. Core plot. It will not influence what mythic paths you choose outside of perhaps demon mythic path.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Is the DR annoying you? The Staunton Glaive is Adamantine and Blitz Cut bypasses it (as do +4 weapons I think). Legendary Proportions can overpower it.

Phantasmal Putrefaction/Web should work well, especially since the Nauseate has been fixed. You don't have to clear it all in one go. Galfrey takes her time.

Need to use the unlocker thingie to get to the best loot, and look up how to put the collar together.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
What do you think is the best evil mythic path for a playthrough where I romance Camilla? Can't do legend obviously. Demon is kind of cringe to me and devil sucks

Legend or trickster?

Tenebris

Scholar
What do you think is the best evil mythic path for a playthrough where I romance Camilla? Can't do legend obviously. Demon is kind of cringe to me and devil sucks

Legend or trickster?

Cam likes Trickster. I remember her reacting positively to that choice.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Got the payful darkness archivement. Only one question. How I could deal with him without corrupt magic from lich and the attribute damage from other lich spells? Only if I decide to kill him in another archetype. I never beat him in hard/unfair without lich spells.

Last edited:
Cam likes Trickster. I remember her reacting positively to that choice.
Just more evidence that trickster is actually the real CE mythic.

Got the payful darkness archivement. Only one question. How I could deal with him without corrupt magic from lich and the attribute damage from other lich spells? Only if I decide to kill him in another archetype. I never beat him in hard/unfair without lich spells.

Touch AC is 60 which is not impossible to hit if you can do touch attacks. There's also Glasses of Undeniable Truth which you can prebuff multiple people with to guarantee dispels. Supposedly you can also just go back to the Midnight Fane from later chapters to kill him.

Crichton

Prophet

I didn't play on hard or unfair, but on core or below it's just like everything else in these games; a matter of sufficient stacking. If you stack up enough summons, he'll get stuck chewing through them and if you stack enough pillars of light, he'll be bled dry while he does. Playing Owlcat games is the best possible advertising for 5E concentration/attunement.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Playing Owlcat games is the best possible advertising for 5E concentration/attunement.

Nope. Due the concentration mechanic of 5e, monsters lot a LOT of nasty powerful abilities. See how mindflayers are nasty to a high level party in BG2 and not a problem in BG3. IMO there are better ways to solve this endless buff stacking and summons. Like a "magic poison' system, where having too much magic inside a character can lead to diastrous consequences, or having enemies casting debuffs and spells to get rid of summons.

Rhobar121

Scholar
There are lots of options. The simplest one is mark of justice (paladin skill) + creeping doom (shaman, nature oracle and druid) does the trick.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
They buffed Playful in recent patch, it can damage the swarms now. Still, surrounding it with dozens should work.
PD s worst enemy is greater dispel, hit it with at least 2 and it'll be a lot weaker.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom