Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

If you get double str to damage that's pretty good indeed. Owlcat really buffed the archetype then because that's not in the PnP rules.

It's not the last of your attacks missing that is the problem, those are gonna miss against anything tough anyway. It's the first few iteratives missing that is the problem. -2 for TWF, -2 for oversized weapon, then more because you're split between dex and str rather than straight str.

MerchantKing

Learned
I don't really like Larian but blaming them for the full VO trend is wild. They are just doing what big budget games always do, wasting money on VO and graphics etc, just like Bioware and CDPR before them.

PoE 2 already had fully VO(because people are demanding it) and back then BG3 wasn't even announced yet.

POE 2 had full VO because DOS2 had it and Feargus was afraid it would make POE 2 look bad if they didn't have it, and he had to force Sawyer to include it.

The expectation for a long time is that isometric CRPGs are AA games without the potential to become AAA. Larian smashed that illusion and made it clear there's no reason why you can't make a CRPG with the budget of Assassin's Creed or God of War.
But Larian's games aren't isometric. They have a rotatable camera.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Titan Fighter makes up the maluses but loses Weapon Training along with Armor Training, which means it also loses Advanced Weapon Training Feats.

Whatever, dorks are going to get big number but it's mostly a sucker's game.

Titan Fighter makes up the maluses but loses Weapon Training along with Armor Training, which means it also loses Advanced Weapon Training Feats.

They do apparently get a weapon training replacement, and they actually get it earlier (level 3 rather than 5, goes up to +5). Not sure if that qualifies them for advanced weapon training. Also get TWF line of feats without needing dex.

Desiderius

Patron
Deceiver has some *weird*-ass abilities.

Arcanist finally gets a Counterspell!

Counterspell.jpg
Chronomancy.jpg
Time Manipulator.jpg

Desiderius

Patron

They do apparently get a weapon training replacement, and they actually get it earlier (level 3 rather than 5, goes up to +5). Not sure if that qualifies them for advanced weapon training.
Nah, it's just an ability (Incredible Heft) that gives +1/+1 atk/dam every four lvls, says nothing about Weapon Training. Doesn't turn on Duelist Gloves, no Advanced.

What it *does* get is access to Combat Style Two-handed Feats which lets it get extra off-hand attax without DEX requirement. Or lets you Shield Bash with 2-hander in main hand if you want, with Full 2Hander STR bonuses eventually.

Yeah Deceiver feels like practically a new class.

Sable Company Marine just seems flat out superior to basic Ranger in every way. Tons of great pet abilities (AoE trip! Charge without bullshit in the way! Guaranteed Crit with +1 multiplier at level 20!), what you lose is literally irrelevant crap. If you're willing to use your swift action for instant enemy then you don't need demonslayer.

Drunken Master's AB and AC bonuses also look pretty damn nice. Doubt it makes fists better than Sohei with weapons and on a horse but it looks strong.

Seems like most of these classes are high in the power levels. Which is probably a good thing, if you're gonna make a new class in a game with 200 of them already then they should be worth using.

Mauman

Scholar
I think the value will come from the magical benefits of the weapons themselves. I've already seen talk of dipping into titan from spellcasters looking to wield two quarterstaves for the spell penetration.

Yeah there's probably some edge cases of stacking weapon enchantments. The vast majority of weapon bonuses only apply when attacking with that specific weapon though, staves are one of the few common exceptions. Still don't see it as being great. OK, you get +3 spell penetration. You lost -1 spell penetration by not taking the level in your casting class, along with a whole level of spellcasting progression. That's awful. Spell penetration is not that important.
Sure, if it was just spell penetration I'd agree with you.

However, you're forgetting the bonuses to DC that these weapons can give.

If, for instance, using the war staff and awakened driftwood, you'd not only get a net +6 to spell penetration, but more importantly you'd get a +3 to the dc of your necromancy spells if that's the focus you wanted to go with. Or the war staff and the purple knife if you wanted +3 to your evocation. Or some other combination.

I might not be willing to trade a caster level for that, but I can definitely see the value.

Desiderius

Patron
There are new feats that boost DCs.

Rolled up an Armored Battlemage now that it's finally been implemented. Lann going Kinnie Sharpshooter, Wolj Inciter Skald, and probably Nenio going Deceiver Arcanist, or maybe Ember to finally give her something interesting.

Was going to make Seelah the new Bard but it looks pretty meh. Maybe it combos with the Feint package?

Ulbrig going Sable Company Marine and maybe Aru too and just swap them in and out.

Sable Company loses Favored Terrain, which is an underrated ability, although for some reason it's never ticked up past +2 like it's supposed to so not as big of a loss. Several of the new classes seem a little overtuned. Favored Enemy also delayed but obv Griffin is OP. Can't believe they buffed all the pets.

Fixing Shatter and eliminating damage packets will at least add back come challenge.

Desiderius

Patron
Living Grimoire looks like it could be fun. INT-based Inq with Wiz-type spellbook (can scribe scrolls into it). May use on Sos.

living grim.jpgliving grim 20.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane
Dual-wielding is a trap usually, not sure how TF isn't going to fall into it unless it can apply 2H STR bonuses (Inc PA)

Not too mention it's competing with one of the most powerful archetypes in the game

Edit: ok actually it does have that ability eventually, but unlikely that it also applies the PA 2H bonus so it's still losing out on significant damage. Not sure if it's really worth it

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
It gets the full 2-handed STR bonuses as it levels. First 1.5 then double.

It eventually does as much damage as you want, it just sacrifices the usual Fighter resilience and versatility.

Mut Warrior is whatever. If it's one of the most powerful archetypes in the game 95% of that is just being a Fighter.

Mauman

Scholar

Sable Company Marine just seems flat out superior to basic Ranger in every way. Tons of great pet abilities (AoE trip! Charge without bullshit in the way! Guaranteed Crit with +1 multiplier at level 20!), what you lose is literally irrelevant crap. If you're willing to use your swift action for instant enemy then you don't need demonslayer.

Drunken Master's AB and AC bonuses also look pretty damn nice. Doubt it makes fists better than Sohei with weapons and on a horse but it looks strong.

Seems like most of these classes are high in the power levels. Which is probably a good thing, if you're gonna make a new class in a game with 200 of them already then they should be worth using.
The flying charge is buggy right now in that charge bonuses don't work with it (such as mythic charge, or the longspear bonus for instance).

I'm really hopeful this will get fixed because I see a lot of great potential with it.

edit - it's a buggy mess. Not surprising if I'm honest.

ANYWAYS, I did some more testing.

Heavy landing is busted (in good and bad ways).

The bad - the AoE is not working. It only works on the primary target.

the good - the half-level bonus to the cmb check makes it by far the best tripper out of the animal companions. Also, despite certain bonuses not applying to the CMB (such as inspire rage), certain maluses aren't applying either (such as power attack and fighting defensively). I assume the reason for that is that, unlike the other trippers, the trip comes before any attacks rather than after.

Also, despite the bugs, at least pounce works if it's on the rider (via feat or skald). You won't lose your extra attacks.

Last edited:

lycanwarrior

Scholar
How does the new DLC activate? I've tried loading saves for two different characters before heading out to Threshold. But the DLC/quest does not seem to get triggered.

Aarwolf

Learned
They said you have to wait couple of ingame days for it to trigger. It's very late in act 5, after Iz.

HZhnMuq.jpeg

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Erudite

The flying charge is buggy right now in that charge bonuses don't work with it (such as mythic charge, or the longspear bonus for instance).

I'm really hopeful this will get fixed because I see a lot of great potential with it.

the good - the half-level bonus to the cmb check makes it by far the best tripper out of the animal companions. Also, despite certain bonuses not applying to the CMB (such as inspire rage), certain maluses aren't applying either (such as power attack and fighting defensively). I assume the reason for that is that, unlike the other trippers, the trip comes before any attacks rather than after.

Also, despite the bugs, at least pounce works if it's on the rider (via feat or skald). You won't lose your extra attacks.
You have to use the charge ability of the Pet to get all extra attacks. It costs a Full Action of the Pet but the Rider gets the full attack.

Mauman

Scholar

You have to use the charge ability of the Pet to get all extra attacks. It costs a Full Action of the Pet but the Rider gets the full attack.
Not sure what you're trying to say. I was specifically talking about flying attack, and it is treated as a charge for the sake of pounce (both the mount and the rider).

Desiderius

Patron
It's like a mini-Trickster Path. Or five different ones.

They all get an ability that lets you cast one of your fused spells like a spell-like (essentially an extra cast) once per four levels, and a crazy capstone with some other unique abilities in between in exchange for losing all exploits.

Keep in mind Deceiver has only 2/3rds spell progression, not 100%. It needs big stuff to make up for gimping the whole point of being a full caster so badly.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Has anyone managed to find out what the new content for Devil Mythic path has?

According to Reddit its a single quest, involving also Galfrey. Not sure if I want to replay the whole game for it and also the DLC content.

I was pretty pissed after I made a whole run for the lord of nothing DLC content in the MC and it was so little and so late, so meh.

I guess I could try my Aeon saves, if I still have them, as you can go devil regardless of choices before, unlike Azata that requires you be 'devil aligned' the whole game to switch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom