Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Mauman

Scholar

A class whose "feature" is beating people with a fucking BOOK? They're truly scraping the bottom of the barrel, even jrpgs weren't that retarded.
There's a whole trope dedicated to people beating the shit out of each other with books.

Also, quite a few jrpgs have had books as usable melee weapons. Final Fantasy and Disgaea have done so at the very least. I'm sure there's others.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Magic Deceiver looks very fun, never played Arcanist but I've seen a couple of posts on reddit playing around with the spell fusions (example) and it's making me want to respec on my hour old new run already.

mondblut

Arcane
There's a whole trope dedicated to people beating the shit out of each other with books.

There's a trope dedicated to people beating each other with pillows. When comes Arcane Pillowbasher?

Also, quite a few jrpgs have had books as usable melee weapons. Final Fantasy and Disgaea have done so at the very least. I'm sure there's others.

Guess I was too optimistic about jrpgs. Great company to be in :roll:

I mean, being a solid object, a book can be used as a melee weapon, just like every other solid object in existence that can fit in one's hands. But when it becomes the only or the optimal choice of a weapon, that can only mean our hobby has been taken over by retards.

Lodis

Educated
Anyone try out Bloodseeker yet? Are those abilities it gets worth losing out on Slayer talents? Also not a fan of the alignment restriction, should extend to Neutral too at the very least.

Yosharian

Arcane
Am I taking crazy pills or did I complete Wrath's new DLC update yesterday (15GB) and today there's another 22GB update?

Edit: nvm I never finished the original DL I guess I misremembered the size lol

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone try out Bloodseeker yet? Are those abilities it gets worth losing out on Slayer talents? Also not a fan of the alignment restriction, should extend to Neutral too at the very least.
Only if you love vampires, mechanically doesn't seem that great, and also feats starved.

Bloodseeker seems to be the Mutagen Warrior of Slayer, buffing their ability scores high with profane bonus (which unfortunately won't stack with Nocticula's gift for MCs). But losing the slayer feats is kind of... ehh. The special blood pool abilities look like a lot of the Arcanist pool abilities, barely worth the time or buffs you should already have in the party.

Does get the ability to become a swarm a level 10. We all know how stupid those are. Narratively makes no sense considering becoming a swarm is supposed to be a mythic path yet there's a class that can just decide to become it.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Has anyone managed to find out what the new content for Devil Mythic path has?

According to Reddit its a single quest, involving also Galfrey. Not sure if I want to replay the whole game for it and also the DLC content.

I was pretty pissed after I made a whole run for the lord of nothing DLC content in the MC and it was so little and so late, so meh.

I guess I could try my Aeon saves, if I still have them, as you can go devil regardless of choices before, unlike Azata that requires you be 'devil aligned' the whole game to switch.

What did you feel after "From Ashes". Because my first thought was "What am I doing with my time and money?"

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
They all get an ability that lets you cast one of your fused spells like a spell-like (essentially an extra cast) once per four levels, and a crazy capstone with some other unique abilities in between in exchange for losing all exploits.
Deceiver loses more than exploits - he got his own weird spell-book with 6 lvls only (at least one I have tried) and horrendous spell selection. He can't function as standard arcane spell-caster.

Yosharian

Arcane
They all get an ability that lets you cast one of your fused spells like a spell-like (essentially an extra cast) once per four levels, and a crazy capstone with some other unique abilities in between in exchange for losing all exploits.
Deceiver loses more than exploits - he got his own weird spell-book with 6 lvls only (at least one I have tried) and horrendous spell selection. He can't function as standard arcane spell-caster.
It's worse than that, they can't be used with metamagic either

MerchantKing

Learned

According to Reddit its a single quest, involving also Galfrey. Not sure if I want to replay the whole game for it and also the DLC content.

I was pretty pissed after I made a whole run for the lord of nothing DLC content in the MC and it was so little and so late, so meh.

I guess I could try my Aeon saves, if I still have them, as you can go devil regardless of choices before, unlike Azata that requires you be 'devil aligned' the whole game to switch.

What did you feel after "From Ashes". Because my first thought was "What am I doing with my time and money?"
I would just download the complete saves from discord and skip it

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Played only once and I honestly cant even remember. Anyway, Owlcat DLCs are (usually) bad. Nothing more to add.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It's worse than that, they can't be used with metamagic either
I mean fused spells are some pretty funky metamagic already.

Desiderius

Patron
Sounds like I will need to break this.

NwNgger

Educated
I tried the Dewoking mods for Baldur's Gate 3. And whilst I was impressed with their thoroughness it didn't change the fact that I was playing Baldur's Gate 3 and I still quit the game in disgust at the shit writing and idiot proof gameplay half way through act 2. I haven't tried the de woke mod for WotR but I feel that game could be more easily saved. There's less obnoxiously shit writing and characters so I'm willing to give the game another chance with characters that don't look like a woke slav's idea of a gollywog.

Desiderius

Patron

A class whose "feature" is beating people with a fucking BOOK? They're truly scraping the bottom of the barrel, even jrpgs weren't that retarded.
It’s like the Unarmed Warpriest, growing dice plus wep enchant (shld also have free weapon focus so easier to get Shatter and Inq gets Intimidate bonus for Dazzling).

Prayer turns on free Bane for two rnds, whack something gives extra DC, Castigate or whatever turns Bane on some more. Dazzling Display when needed.

Shld be fun. Also like Inq that can put scrolls into spellbook to cover more Divine stuff. TTT has INT to Intimidation background.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Played only once and I honestly cant even remember. Anyway, Owlcat DLCs are (usually) bad. Nothing more to add.

"From Ashes" was first part of story. This with "frendsihp is a magic" feeling and this annoying gnome.

Desiderius

Patron
Kinnie Sharpshooter is fixed Kinnie:

No Gather Power = better mobility, less ability to spike (too much)

Weapon helps to hit = makes physical blasts from range more practical, uses Weapon procs and crit range too

STR/size has no effect on damage = only need DEX/CON, can fight Reduced for even better to hit

Quiver gives finite amount of Burn to spend (up to 140 pts at lvl20 full Burn) = no infinite wall spamming or whatever

Unique infusions for ranged

I’ve never found the supposedly broken lategame stuff that good but people got stuck in that, and certainly opening combat after full Gather was kind of boring if nothing else.

KKnight always played smoother than other archetypes and nice to get ranged version.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/6489204638515730135
Update 2.3.1e
Hello, crusaders!

A hotfix 2.3.1e is here!

If you are playing with mods, don’t forget to update them before loading your saves!

Quests
  • The new location for the mythic Devil path was appearing prematurely and was available to all mythic paths — fixed.
Classes & Mechanics
  • Some Inquisitor Living Grimoire abilities used Wisdom stats instead of Intelligence — fixed.
UI
  • When playing with a controller, the tutorial display in tactical battles in Crusade mode was displayed incorrectly — fixed.
Audio
  • In some scenes involving the mythical path Swarm That Walks in A Dance of Masks DLC, the voiceover was not working — fixed.

Desiderius

Patron
Plenty of feats available for Final Feint (at range!)

Idk man some of those single target spells Fused with the AoE with Abuscading Spell from Stealth (Deceitful Feat FTW!) seems pretty good. Let a Skald or whatever handle utility.

Desiderius

Patron
I mean it looks like you can fuse before combat and cast whatever you want spontaneously so if you've got items and Spell Focus for Evo spells but are fighting stuff with high Reflex just merge your Evo spell with a Fort Save Necro spell and choose Fort save and Evo school and the Necro spell (also) gets the Evo bonuses while the Evo spell (also) goes against the Fort Save. Oh, and you can also choose AoE for both even if your Necro spell is single target, even touch.

Also there's a no save spell for each save that lowers that save for a round for every Deceiver lvl/3.

Obv sux

Desiderius

Patron
Living Grimoire does not get the free Weapon Focus (can't get Weapon Focus on it at all), but it *can* be wielded in the off-hand.

So can just take two-weapon fighting and hit with it to turn on the DC Boost while doing most of the work with main weapon. Can enchant it with Elemental damage, Holy/Axiomatic/Etc, or Brilliant Energy (very good late), while getting Enhancement from Magic Weapon, Greater if you want to use it main hand with Shield.

There's a Feat that gives +2 DC while Bane Weapon is activated, which casting any spell does for Living Grim.

Keen Kitsune gets +1 DC on Enchantment Spells, obv Azata makes Enchantments nuts, and Inq has several good Enchantments, plus with Travel Domain, Domain Zealot, and Vulpine Pounce you can Swift Teleport to set up Pounced Charges.

Can use Solo Tactics + all the free Teamwork feats to get Concentration really high for casting in close quarters.

INT-based + Inq getting all skills as class skills makes ultimate skill monkey, which sets it up for Trickster if you don't want Azata.

MerchantKing

Learned
Ah yes. Something that could only be done with paid DLC
N53piRV.png

Mauman

Scholar
Living Grimoire does not get the free Weapon Focus (can't get Weapon Focus on it at all)
I thought the grimoire was considered a light mace.

edit - yup, counts as a light mace for weapon focus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom