Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
Speaking of - what are the must-have mods for this? Bubble buff, cleaner are the obvious ones, but something else?
Path of Rage is good if you're playing Demon, but it's unlikely Balkoth has updated it yet, in fact I'm not sure he will update it, sadly

Cleaner is not needed

mondblut

Arcane
So, this is the final DLC, right? The game is 100% complete now?

MlSObdD.png

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
season pass 2 actually worth the 30 bucks?
Last Sarkorian , Lord of Nothing and A Dance of Mask add a new companion , a new class , more content for Act 5 and 22 new archtypes. I would say these three DLCs are worth getting. The others are a Rogue-Like Dungeon and Side stories with low level characters.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Any word on if this is compatible with existing saves? Not gonna start a new playthrough yet, but I'm tempted to hop in with my Act 6 Lich with half the companion cast dead and a posse of zombies just to see how much you can rain on this DLC's parade.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
For mods I think I had, bubble buff, bubble tweak (speed up animations is a must if you're playing TB), more relics info, companion respec if you're going full Grunker, and throw in some potraits since original ones suck major ass

Mauman

Scholar
I was thinking that I'd have to invest a bunch of levels into the new Sabel Ranger (I was thinking Ranger/Paladin), BUT NOPE!!!

Just need one level. You get the Hypogryph right away (at Druid level progression!!) and everything of value is tied to the animal companion itself. You miss out on a couple of meh abilities, but the good shit (like pounce) is automatic.

Plus, it's large at level 1! No more needing a horse if you want to do mounted combat at level 1.

edit - oh dear lord....I just realized that because it's naturally large, animal growth will work properly with it. I have mixed feelings about that.

2nd edit - ok, the capstone does look nice, but I think I'd rather get abilities from other classes.

:lol: They got ONE more big update on them guys

I mean its nice and all but the update says they added *A* quest. One. For a 50 hour game where the other mythics have like 5 hours of personalized content. And like half the problem with late game mythics and especially Devil is that you have next to no time to actually play with your Devil powers after playing for 45 hours with another mythic. Nothing about that got changed.

Uhh... the Bane of Spirit ring stated it was a free action and it was a free action. Granted the nerf was badly needed.

They must have changed the text recently, it's stated swift action for at least the past week.
Hmm, maybe they updated the text description sometime and forgot to nerf the actual ring. It definitely used to say free action as of 2.2.0as

fotyAOI.png

Speaking of - what are the must-have mods for this? Bubble buff, cleaner are the obvious ones, but something else?

Bubble Buffs (basically required unless you're an angel who gives almost every buff in one spell), Respec Companions (might only want to use on a replay but some companion builds kind of suck but you like the companion and want to use them), and Toybox (for general testing of shit) are all I use.

Last edited:

Mauman

Scholar
Ugh.

Because you have to use it from the mount rather than the character, all charging bonuses (such as the longspear bonus, or mythic charge, or spirited charge, etc...) don't work with flying attack.

That sucks.

The new ranger class just should have given the ability to the ranger directly but only usable while mounted.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Use ModFinder and choose the mods you like!

BubbleBuff probably the only must have, but I like the TTT package at minimum.

"A lot of feats in the game had a bug to them, where their bonus to the damage of an ability counted as a separate instance of damage, which caused the game to add all external bonuses multiple times"

Yeah I'm not sure where that comes from. I'm pretty sure when I was stacking stupid amounts of damage in my game that I wasn't getting the "external bonuses" proccing on things like Power Attack. All of that was coming from items. But "a lot of feats" is really vague, it could be a bunch of specific class feats.

Dunadan

Literate
So, this is the final DLC, right? The game is 100% complete now? No season 3 planned or anything like that?
I seem to remember that yes, this is it.

Now I have just wait for a certain mod to be updated for this.

Update is live. 1.5 adds partial DLC6 compatibility, as well as changing portraits for a couple characters that are better fits than the previous ones. I say 'partial' compatibility because it will take me some time to generate the new audio required to revise the DLC6 voiceover where necessary to account for changes made by my mods.

Titan fighter seems busted, what are the penalties?

A 2d6 greatsword averages 7 damage while a 1d8 longsword averages 4.5 damage. You're basically taking an additional -2 to your attack rolls on a two handed character to gain 2.5 average damage. That's a net negative IMO.

The main advantage I see is that you can make a two weapon fighter that also has reach thanks to having a fauchard. I doubt this is stronger than just normal two handed fauchard usage though.

EDIT: To be clear, the reason two handed fighting is good isn't because two handed weapons are better, it's because two handing gives you a 1.5x strength and 1.5x power attack bonus. Wielding the two handed weapon in one hand loses all that, unless Owlcat massively fucked up.

Last edited:

Mauman

Scholar

A 2d6 greatsword averages 7 damage while a 1d8 longsword averages 4.5 damage. You're basically taking an additional -2 to your attack rolls on a two handed character to gain 2.5 average damage. That's a net negative IMO.

The main advantage I see is that you can make a two weapon fighter that also has reach thanks to having a fauchard. I doubt this is stronger than just normal two handed fauchard usage though.

EDIT: To be clear, the reason two handed fighting is good isn't because two handed weapons are better, it's because two handing gives you a 1.5x strength and 1.5x power attack bonus. Wielding the two handed weapon in one hand loses all that, unless Owlcat massively fucked up.
I think the value will come from the magical benefits of the weapons themselves. I've already seen talk of dipping into titan from spellcasters looking to wield two quarterstaves for the spell penetration.

I think the value will come from the magical benefits of the weapons themselves. I've already seen talk of dipping into titan from spellcasters looking to wield two quarterstaves for the spell penetration.

Yeah there's probably some edge cases of stacking weapon enchantments. The vast majority of weapon bonuses only apply when attacking with that specific weapon though, staves are one of the few common exceptions. Still don't see it as being great. OK, you get +3 spell penetration. You lost -1 spell penetration by not taking the level in your casting class, along with a whole level of spellcasting progression. That's awful. Spell penetration is not that important.

user

Savant
Can someone who played the DLC let us know if getting back to Kenabres as a e.g. Lich/swarm who murdered everyone has any point at all (besides the new dungeon thing)?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Ok I guess, still you would get double the effects of the weapons, also even if the dmg difference seems little when you have 12-13 attacks per round is not that little anymore.

I mean, compared to previous archetypes they added, like hagbound barbarian or w/e was its name, this at least seems usable and not only for flavour or roleplay.

Anyway beside the -2 to attack rolls anything else? I mean compared to base fighter what does it lose or that's it?

2.5 damage per attack is always little and gets worse the longer you play. e.g. when you have a ton of attacks you also have like +40 damage baseline. -2 attack rolls means -10% chance to hit with every attack. If the average attack hits on a 10 then that means -20% damage, which means you're flat out nerfing yourself.

Yeah, dual wield DPS numbers look amazing when you're 20 AB ahead of the enemy's AC but you're already gonna wipe the floor with that using anything. Weanwhile you have a 95% miss rate for everything past your first three attacks (one with each weapon and one haste) against anything tough to kill. A Twohander meanwhile has +2 AB from not dual wielding and probably +2 AB from higher strength (not needing dex for TWF*), so they've got... 2 attacks at +4 over the dual wielder and their next attack is only -1. So their useful attacks are actually hitting more, and harder. If you add on the -2 from Titan Fighter you're now at -6 vs. the two handed build. And you need a LOT of feats to TWF while the twohander is taking feats that add more damage or AB.

*yes I know the ranger feats exist to let you dump dex and still TWF.

TwoEdge

Scholar
Unless I'm misreading something, Titan Fighter seems a net gain, intended for double reach shenanigans. Eventually, they gain attack bonuses to offset their to-hit penalty and add double strength to damage rolls. They only pay for it with armor feats. Is it coming from unfair difficulty or some such? I've never had too many issues hitting enemies with dual-wielders on core. Is the miss on that final iterative that much of a loss? Legend could be great for that.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom