Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Sykar

Arcane
Here is another in these series of undead bloodline sorcerer:

image.png

35 DC on this.

There are surprisingly a lot of enemies whose entire set of immunities just come from being undead. Eternal Guardian with all its immunities is another one, his fortitude is only 15 in core as well so he was only saving on nat20s.
I wonder if you could combine that with Arcane as a crossblooded in KM with CotW mod installed. Could be funny, Undead to let your spells affect them and Arcane to compensate for lost spell slots and extra 2 DC at 15.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Any news about content in season pass 2? Cuz in 1 :
  • Low level adventure
  • Puzzle fest
  • Rogue like mode
Now new mythic paths, interesting classes andso on.

Yoomazir

Educated
  • Low level adventure
  • Puzzle fest
  • Rogue like mode
You will buy it and you will love it!
It'll be 29.99$, thank you very much.

razvedchiki

Erudite
so spawn slayer doesnt get his bonus against large/huge right?
was looking at arcane enforcer and it doesnt actually loose anything from the base class, full combat styles/sneak dice/swift study and the arcane stuff (also gets uncanny dodge). too bad the wooden flesh discovery armor bonus doesnt stack with the mutagen armor bonus from mutation fighter.

Tsubutai

Educated
  • Low level adventure
  • Puzzle fest
  • Rogue like mode
* Continuation of low level adventure
* "Return to Kenabres" DLC modelled on Mass Effect 3's Citadel DLC
* Shifter DLC with new companion and class

TBH I quite liked two of the DLCs from the first season pass - Midnight Isles was good and Inevitable Excess got an overly bad rap. Not terribly interested in anything from the second though.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
was looking at arcane enforcer and it doesnt actually loose anything from the base class, full combat styles/sneak dice/swift study and the arcane stuff (also gets uncanny dodge). too bad the wooden flesh discovery armor bonus doesnt stack with the mutagen armor bonus from mutation fighter.
On the other hand, losses 4 Slayer Talents, including the early progression, as well as Quarry, which could be good with Improved Quarry and the Big Game Gloves.

But yes, I guess it's not bad. It's just that the class is underwhelming in Wrath.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Don’t take Fighter levels. Too much overlap and you want to unlock Combat Style/Advanced Rogue Talents. Enforcer loses Slayer Talents you end up needing, especially if you want to play Mounted with Bismuth which is pretty good.

I’m doing Vanguard with Aeon and things are a little tight.

It's possible that one of the Touch Attack Advanced Exploits would be a good Standard Action on turns you have to Move (and you could use the Exploit Teleport for your Move Action for good positioning) since Slayer does most of it's damage with Full Attacks.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
quarry is full round action?
Standard at 14 when Slayer gets it (Ranger gets at 11 - good on Aru), Free at 19 (which is another reason not to splash). Gloves make it worth it on hardest targets before then.

Applying the standard debuffs (Shaken, Sicken, Entangle, Stagger, Archon's, in some cases Blind) is a key tactic for sucking less that you won't learn following the memes:

Debuffed Mythic.jpg

Big Game Gloves is both -2 AC (there are a few of these untyped AC debuffs that you can stack if you want on hardest targets) and Sicken no save. Crusader's Edge is bugged in vanilla to apply Sicken on hit vs Demons (TTT fixes to only proc on crit), but BGGs doesn't require a hit (or melee) and Sickens anything. Sicken debuffs Saves so makes it easier to apply other conditions/mez/disable.

(note Lann is using Scimitar to get CL 12 for Barkskin, and I forgot to switch back. Using Stalactites on Cave Fangs to apply Entangle)

ga3, sucking less tastes way better than my skinny old ankles. You can do it - we believe in you!

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I actually enjoyed treasures of midnight isles so far, only did the first round in act 3 but especially last three boss encounters were fun. It offers some fun boss fights and reminded me of playing path of exile a bit.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • Low level adventure
  • Puzzle fest
  • Rogue like mode
* Continuation of low level adventure
* "Return to Kenabres" DLC modelled on Mass Effect 3's Citadel DLC
* Shifter DLC with new companion and class

TBH I quite liked two of the DLCs from the first season pass - Midnight Isles was good and Inevitable Excess got an overly bad rap. Not terribly interested in anything from the second though.
I just finished DLC 2 (Through the Ashes, the low level thing) and had a great time with it on Hard and got through with everyone alive. I haven't looked that hard, but it seemed to me that most of the complaints about it are that it's too hard because your guys suck, but it seemed fine to me, so long as you have even a moderate idea of what you're doing and are not trying to do a multiple dip, comes online at level 19/20 sort of thing. I didn't even use cheesy classes and had no idea what the companions were, so my MC was a vanilla human rogue, which was completely redundant with the first companion you get. :lol:
It was fun in a low powered RP build sort of way and to give a different perspective than the way OTT power fantasy of the main campaign. It probably helps that I tend to prefer low level games (outside of the part where a Babau/Barbarian/etc. crits and one-shot explodes one of your characters from full health). It sucked in that pretty much all the good stuff I got was aimed at martials and was just vendor trash... in a game where there's not a lot to buy. Definitely gave a good sense of scrounging and trying to get by by your wits and the skin of your teeth, especially in the first half of it.

Desiderius

Patron
I just finished DLC 2 (Through the Ashes, the low level thing) and had a great time with it on Hard and got through with everyone alive. I haven't looked that hard, but it seemed to me that most of the complaints about it are that it's too hard because your guys suck, but it seemed fine to me, so long as you have even a moderate idea of what you're doing and are not trying to do a multiple dip, comes online at level 19/20 sort of thing. I didn't even use cheesy classes and had no idea what the companions were, so my MC was a vanilla human rogue, which was completely redundant with the first companion you get. :lol:
It was fun in a low powered RP build sort of way and to give a different perspective than the way OTT power fantasy of the main campaign. It probably helps that I tend to prefer low level games (outside of the part where a Babau/Barbarian/etc. crits and one-shot explodes one of your characters from full health). It sucked in that pretty much all the good stuff I got was aimed at martials and was just vendor trash... in a game where there's not a lot to buy. Definitely gave a good sense of scrounging and trying to get by by your wits and the skin of your teeth, especially in the first half of it.
Yeah, that was the idea it's just that the execution was poor and in many places obviously unfinished.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Yeah, that was the idea it's just that the execution was poor and in many places obviously unfinished.

I'm not sure I agree that the execution was poor. Unfinished, eh. Maybe. What is it you found missing? I thought it was fine for what it was and delivered a reasonable amount of content for the DLC's asking price even independently of the ludicrous value of the Pathfinder OCs.

Humbaba

Arcane
Trickster path is continuing to be quite boring narratively. Getting to animate the drake in Dimalchio's mansion is neat but that thing gets focussed to death in seconds anyway. Turning that one bitch into a mirror is just a visual gag with no mechanical consequences whatsoever. And the mythic quest for act 4 is just finding Soc on a roof and getting him the Lexicon, which you were going to get anyway.

Desiderius

Patron

I'm not sure I agree that the execution was poor. Unfinished, eh. Maybe. What is it you found missing? I thought it was fine for what it was and delivered a reasonable amount of content for the DLC's asking price even independently of the ludicrous value of the Pathfinder OCs.
It’s set-up is that you can use skills to bypass combat (which is why combat gives no EXP) but you really can’t, and there’s some foes of where that’s a big problem.

Designers *still* think that Bombs are answer to Swarms but they’re comically bad. Tough fights balensed around Statues working (but they don’t).

Only thing worse than forced grinding is forced grinding for no reward. It’s difference between Boggart Cave and Old Sycamore in P:K. At least Cave gave EXP.

mediocrepoet

Patron

It’s set-up is that you can use skills to bypass combat (which is why combat gives no EXP) but you really can’t, and there’s some foes of where that’s a big problem.

Designers *still* think that Bombs are answer to Swarms but they’re comically bad. Tough fights balensed around Statues working (but they don’t).

Only thing worse than forced grinding is forced grinding for no reward. It’s difference between Boggart Cave and Old Sycamore in P:K. At least Cave gave EXP.
Ah, so we just fundamentally disagree about what makes a design flaw.

Skills to avoid combat: eh, you often can. Certainly more often than I'd have figured, just sometimes you need to approach from unusual directions or otherwise use an indirect approach. Imo this is appropriate and fine. If you can just charge headlong into everything and choose either combat or no combat, I mean... whatever.

There's only like one swarm I can think of that's small enough to require energy (a spider swarm), the rest are rats that can be hit with weapons, though they're still a pain in the ass. You can get or find a lot of acid bottles and alchemist's fire around or just bow kite because there are a ton of areas to do this and that's been a time honoured tradition since the origins of RTWP. Like I say, my party sucked balls for dealing with swarms - I had to take them out with two rogues. Statues working? I never used any statues, though I did see a place or two where they would've been useful and after I was done I read about using them to get a certain achievement. Either way, you can lure things into kill zones - I did this once using a boulder though in retrospect I wish I'd have saved the boulder for a different fight, but it was reasonably useful for what I used it for anyway. I got a lot of use out of the environmental traps and the few times I didn't, I either specifically chose not to use them or had approached from the wrong direction and didn't feel like sneaking around to see if it could be approached from a different direction.

One thing I will say about the traps is that, certainly in the city, you have enough choice about which ways to go and ways to approach things that you can come at things from the side or behind and there's usually something you can do to thin out the herds.

Forced grinding? There's literally no grinding in the DLC. Using the alternative XP award system is great because it emphasizes that you're there to get through and survive not to murder hobo or zone clear (though you certainly can do that if you want or find it fun - I did) and it further reinforces that you're not the mythic heroes, you're just trying to save your own ass and maybe a few people along the way. Besides, had they chosen combat XP instead of alternative XP, you'd probably cap out at like level 2 instead of level 5. You've seen what kind of XP Owlcats hands out for combat, right?

Like I say, I had a great time and I appreciated the different approach. I didn't think it was poorly executed at all. I don't necessarily think your preferences would make it poorly executed either, but, for instance, with combat XP, I think they'd have to redesign the entire thing to anticipate people finishing at level 1 which would make it easy if you did level and then make the entire thing kind of an adventure game slog because you'd never level up or maybe like once.

They also had a nice gear progression from like theatre props -> broken trash real weapons -> slightly less broken trash real weapons -> real weapons -> masterwork weapons -> maybe cold iron masterwork or +1 if you're lucky. Similarly no armour -> shit damaged armour -> shit armour / damaged good armour -> regular armour -> maybe +1 armour. That was great, I've done things like that in tabletop and tend to appreciate where I see it come up (appropriately) in games and has been seen in various forms from BG1, PoR, JRPGs, etc.

Desiderius

Patron
31 Touch, Vulnerable to Fire. 662 is a lot tho. He will stand there fighting Babau if you stay at range. Winds could be a problem. Is that Unfair only?

11 is early for that fight.

Spell Pen + Greater + Mythic + Relic + Robe + Touch of Law = 34

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Adventures in Unfair Stats Land, Part 2

unfairtreantlevel11.jpg

My party is level 11.

Yeah, I posted about that earlier. Good news is that it's about the most ridiculous enemy I've met (and I'm at Blackwater which is pretty redonk)

Also my main damage dealing is nat attacks so that was interesting with the unavoidable ability damage:M

Desiderius

Patron

unfairtreantlevel11.jpg

My party is level 11.

Yeah, I posted about that earlier. Good news is that it's about the most ridiculous enemy I've met (and I'm at Blackwater which is pretty redonk)

Also my main damage dealing is nat attacks so that was interesting with the unavoidable ability damage:M
Not unavoidable if you make the save. But I think Scorching Ray picks up Mark of Justice and Sneak Damage so with enough meta it can light him up pretty good.

He does have a nasty Overrun if you get too close.

Yosharian

Arcane

unfairtreantlevel11.jpg

My party is level 11.

Managed to take it down and dinged 12 for my troubles, yay!

That knockdown attack it has, Overrun I think its called, caused me immense grief, eventually I took it down but then I realised I have no fire weapons so I couldn't fucking take out its regeneration lmao. Had to put Coup De Grace on autocast and run the game in RTWP until he failed his save, I think by rolling a 1? But not sure because it never showed in the log.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

unfairtreantlevel11.jpg

My party is level 11.

Not unavoidable if you make the save

spoken like someone who plays on a lower difficulty and still rates posters that do :doyouevenlift:

That knockdown attack it has, Overrun I think its called

yeah that's the real bitch

ultimately it's a fight you can return to whenever so it isn't really an issue

Yosharian

Arcane
He clearly doesn't play with Unfair stats otherwise he would know that that attack is using a grossly inflated CMB that is basically impossible to resist.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
He clearly doesn't play with Unfair stats otherwise he would know that that attack using a grossly inflated CMB that is basically impossible to resist.

Yeah, in general despite stat inflation it’s possible to make saves and get monsters to miss you on unfair *if* you dedicate your build and gearing for it (otherwise you shouldn’t even bother). However CMB/CMD specifically gets completely out of whack so you’d have to really munch to make those work against certain enemies

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom