Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
duality of conjuration and summoning seems completely busted

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Is there any information about content of season 2 dlc?
We technically only know for sure that there will be a Through the Ashes 2. There's some expectation for a Shifter Companion + Shifter Class DLC but that's datamine driven. Beyond that there's the possibility the last survey is what will decide the third S2DLC.
Thanks for answer, I guess third DLC will be a wild card. *shudders in horror after imagining thousands of shitposters voting for puzzle DLC*

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Tankard of Free Spirit is ridiculously good too. Azatas do not do any serious damage, but starting from level 9 it spawns 2 creatures with the Mirror Images that could be a solid distraction.
And now, when the Book of Dreams started working, it affects Duality of Conjuration and Summoning too, spawning up to 4 creatures.

Delterius

Arcane
Is there any information about content of season 2 dlc?
We technically only know for sure that there will be a Through the Ashes 2. There's some expectation for a Shifter Companion + Shifter Class DLC but that's datamine driven. Beyond that there's the possibility the last survey is what will decide the third S2DLC.
Thanks for answer, I guess third DLC will be a wild card. *shudders in horror after imagining thousands of shitposters voting for puzzle DLC*
I think it's gonna be a struggle between people who want to pay for romance and people who want to pay for mythic path content. Source: my vision quest.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Tankard of Free Spirit is ridiculously good too. Azatas do not do any serious damage, but starting from level 9 it spawns 2 creatures with the Mirror Images that could be a solid distraction.
And now, when the Book of Dreams started working, it affects Duality of Conjuration and Summoning too, spawning up to 4 creatures.
First Tankard summon likes to Stun your own party. That’s my job.

Big reason I like to have either Daeran or Reg in party (or sometimes Wend). Though the Soul Eaters have their uses too.

Just have to be ready for when they turn against you.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
So what Inquisitor subclass is best for melee build? Best attack and best damage. Mythic skills give you unlimited judgement?
Can some Warpriest do better?

Desiderius

Patron
So what Inquisitor subclass is best for melee build? Best attack and best damage. Mythic skills give you unlimited judgement?
Warpriest relies a lot on short duration stuff too. Theoretically Tactical Leader or Judge but they’re both pretty clunky. Probably just base Inquisitor since giving up unlimited Judgement is such a high cost. Just wait to pick it up as fifth or sixth companion since it takes awhile to get going.

Inq doesn’t get Archon’s tho.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Now that's a roll :shredder:

Yb8FcxT.png

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sanctified Slayer IMO.
Its likely that a Warpriest can do better in short bursts, particularly Cult Leader, but Inquisitor has Domains with their über buffs and access to stuff like Animal Domain and Travel PLUS is a much better skill monkey.
sanctified slayer that i have tried is good, gets studied target/sneak attack/bane.
looses judgement.
Base class has Bane. Slayer also gets some Slayer Talents, but very backloaded.
Sanctified Slayer gets Bane as well.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
To sum up, Underground Chemist/Grenadier Trickster gets:

(1) Best Dispel in game (Mythic Trickery 2)
(2) Infused Personal Spells/Potions (and Potions Enhanced/Extended*, also get Brew Potions from UC that Grenadier lost)
(3) Free Finesse/Dex-to-damage from UC, Martial Prof from Grenadier (perfect Kukri set-up)
(4) Double Bombs from Grenadier Alchemical Weapon, Sneaks (with Weakening/Debilitating) on Bombs from UC
(5) Melee turns on Feral Mutagen/Wings, Keen Kitsune (ideal stat bonuses) gives Pounce, good melee saves Bombs for when Touch is needed, Alchemical Weapon can also put Bombs on weapon attax

Dips are good!

* - turns on crappy found potions like Scroll Savant does with Scrolls
That's a pretty cool, versatile build.
Aeon has way better dispels, but that's nitpicking.

One question: why use puny kukuris, when you could choose handaxes? You're saving the axes for another char?

Desiderius

Patron

(2) Infused Personal Spells/Potions (and Potions Enhanced/Extended*, also get Brew Potions from UC that Grenadier lost)
(3) Free Finesse/Dex-to-damage from UC, Martial Prof from Grenadier (perfect Kukri set-up)
(4) Double Bombs from Grenadier Alchemical Weapon, Sneaks (with Weakening/Debilitating) on Bombs from UC
(5) Melee turns on Feral Mutagen/Wings, Keen Kitsune (ideal stat bonuses) gives Pounce, good melee saves Bombs for when Touch is needed, Alchemical Weapon can also put Bombs on weapon attax

Dips are good!

One question: why use puny kukuris, when you could choose handaxes? You're saving the axes for another char?
Just an example of a Martial Light weapon that Rogues usually don’t get. Are the Handaxes better? If so use those.

Since I’m getting precision immunity bypass figured I’d go for wide crit range. Are there two Handaxes with 18-20?

Since the Greater Dispel nerf Mythic Trickery isn’t quite as good, but it can get higher chance on each one. Guess this thing wouldn’t want to be at melee range against things it would want to Dispel so maybe going Aeon would be better. UC4 ability should make Aeon Bane work on Bombs.

Scratch that, already using Swift on Alchemical Weapon.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I love that Lost Chapel looks like a linear plot location when you arrive when in reality it's a fuckhueg map full of side content. Structurally, this game is kind of bizarre lol

Desiderius

Patron
I love that Lost Chapel looks like a linear plot location when you arrive when in reality it's a fuckhueg map full of side content. Structurally, this game is kind of bizarre lol

You can (and probably should) come back for the side content (same with Leper Cave). Similar to coming back for Blightmaw/Playful/the Ghost that casts Rifts.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Sanctified Slayer IMO.
Its likely that a Warpriest can do better in short bursts, particularly Cult Leader, but Inquisitor has Domains with their über buffs and access to stuff like Animal Domain and Travel PLUS is a much better skill monkey.
sanctified slayer that i have tried is good, gets studied target/sneak attack/bane.
looses judgement.
Base class has Bane. Slayer also gets some Slayer Talents, but very backloaded.
Sanctified Slayer gets Bane as well.
I already played Sanctified, while he is nice, I think judgments are better if there are no limits. Also Swift compared to Studied that you need to sneak or spend move for most of the game.

I was also thinking about that Seeker Oracle but that is Charisma spontaneous caster and I need wisdom version so I can use that mirror item that gives me attack and AC.

Other option would be Shaman but their access to spells is very limited although Hexes could be useful for 2 man party.

Of course I can also be Cleric or Druid but neither are spontaneous so I will lose the bonus of Tailwind.
Although Elemental Rampager could be nice, it can turn into Dragon with Transformation and then use Elemental Rampage for +5 to attacks and damage with all those attacks (but druid does not have Divine Power so weaker overall).

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

You can (and probably should) come back for the side content (same with Leper Cave).

I'm almost done with the map - on Corruption level 1. Duality-thingy is a real carry at this level and I have Last Stand on MC now.

Desiderius

Patron

You can (and probably should) come back for the side content (same with Leper Cave).

I'm almost done with the map - on Corruption level 1. Duality-thingy is a real carry at this level and I have Last Stand on MC now.

No reason to. Main Camp is right there. Content doesn’t go anywhere when you leave map after killing Nulk.

Neurotically saving time just makes your army (and eventually infra) weaker. Infra is what wins Ch 5 and Army Ch 3. This is the opposite dynamic to P:K KM.

Unfair Maugla is no joke.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hmm I am not sure why I should take base Inquisitor over Tactical leader unless it is buggy.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
i luv this gaem
IMO, everything through Drezen is really strong. Then it loses a lot of focus once the crusade kicks into high gear and getting anywhere takes forever. Alush*** would resolve that, content-wise, if I didn't hate the mechanics.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Dips are good!

Just an example of a Martial Light weapon that Rogues usually don’t get. Are the Handaxes better? If so use those.

Since I’m getting precision immunity bypass figured I’d go for wide crit range. Are there two Handaxes with 18-20?
Yes. Grave Singer and Peacemaker.

IllusiveBrian

Novice
So apparently for the tailwind that adds bludgeoning damage Earth kinetic blast is not bludgeoning enough. Despite the fact that in the log it is written as "Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing". Version 1.4.4g - so maybe it has already been fixed.

OK, Owlcat.
Slashing Tailwind doesn't work on natural weapons either, even though they all have all 3 damage types. I'd guess the consistent rule is that the weapon has to have only one type of damage which matches the tailwind, but I'm sure there's some counterexample that works.

Dips are good!

If you go Trickster UMD III then they get a full Wizard spellbook book, use any item, and infinite wands.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom