Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
There really isn’t that much immune to Shaken. Basically Undead that can be handled other ways since Undead doesn’t get SR.

Yosharian

Arcane

Desiderius

Patron
I’ve been using Cornugan on Reg and it’s good. Though on Hard/Unfair 35 won’t be enough.

Don’t forget your Seashell and Food skill boosts.

It is "only" 35 right now at level 11, I still have skill focus and demonic aspect to pick, which should put it comfortably at 50+ once I am over L15/Mythic rank 6.
Shouldn’t need them. Can get close to 50 without, which should be enough.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah mutilated angel, I'll add that to the list

I don't see why splintershred is OP
Oversized is nice. Can get good dice. But also something about its thrown enchantment always active and stacking with base enchantment? Not sure.

Oversized?

The wielder of this +5 adamantine greataxe can use a standard action to make a melee attack against any enemy with a 30 feet range. If that attack hits, the target must make a successful Fortitude save (DC 30) or become prone.
Apparently.
Unless the integrated version is nerfed.

unknown.png

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
There really isn’t that much immune to Shaken. Basically Undead that can be handled other ways since Undead doesn’t get SR.
My experience was different. I mean Shaken does get a lot of good use, but all Gallus are immune for example. And most major enemies in Act 4+ have like Greater Heroism - that can be dispelled - but its a pain.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
You don't need CS when your BFT hits L16 and can give you Frightful Aspect

Using DC to position for charges - does that actually work?

They are both move action, so you need charge away and position or do it after standard attack. It still deals damage on charge away, and occasionally you can use it to just AoO casters/archers but yes I think it works well. Does frightful aspect not make you larger thus preventing you from mounting? Plus I thought it needed spell pen and will save, vs. intimidate which can be scaled way more.

Cast Animal Growth/Legendary Proportions on mount then.

For aoe fear on mounted chargers, TTT has the neat Mounted Maniac feat.

And no, Frightful offers no save and ignores Spell Resistance.

Desiderius

Patron
Frightful does require being in range. If you’re opening combat with Cornugan/Maniac Charge Frightful characters won’t be there yet.

Gallu and Heroism, Greater is relatively late. By that time you’ve got other tools to deal with them, including good Dispels.

Lambach

Arcane
I mean Shaken does get a lot of good use, but all Gallus are immune for example.

Those Spellcasting 'Roided-up Gallus you face during Chapter 6 are probably the single nastiest non-Boss enemy type in the game.

I had to completely revamp my entire playstyle and Party comp (that got me through the whole of CH5 without an issue) on my first playthrough just to be able to effectively deal with them.

Ever since then, the mantra "This build path is nice, but will it be able to deal with CH 6 Gallus?" has been ringing in the back of my head when leveling up any Character on subsequent playthroughs.

Yosharian

Arcane
My experience was different. I mean Shaken does get a lot of good use, but all Gallus are immune for example. And most major enemies in Act 4+ have like Greater Heroism - that can be dispelled - but its a pain.
That's why you use Prescient Attack and Peacemaker, which they aren't immune to!

Yosharian

Arcane
I mean Shaken does get a lot of good use, but all Gallus are immune for example.

Those Spellcasting 'Roided-up Gallus you face during Chapter 6 are probably the single nastiest non-Boss enemy type in the game.

I had to completely revamp my entire playstyle and Party comp (that got me through the whole of CH5 without an issue) on my first playthrough just to be able to effectively deal with them.

Ever since then, the mantra "This build path is nice, but will it be able to deal with CH 6 Gallus?" has been ringing in the back of my head when leveling up any Character on subsequent playthroughs.
It's really easy, just make sure you have the following on every character:

- Maxed athletics or mobility
- Evasion or immunity to fire

:smug:

Lambach

Arcane
It's really easy, just make sure you have the following on every character:

- Maxed athletics or mobility
- Evasion or immunity to fire

:smug:

Freedom of Movement also works to minimize the pain of getting fucked in the ass by Tsunami, but the damage is still there. Immunity to Fire is not enough, because their 2X Cones of Cold in a single Round also hurt like a bitch. Combine that with about 1000 HP, almost Demon Lord-tier AC and Saves, and you got yourself a pretty nice difficulty spike compared to CH 5, which is mostly a breeze (minus a couple of encounters).

Makes me wonder why Deskari didn't just teleport 2 of these guys right in the middle of Mendev. They would've wiped the entire nation off the map without breaking a sweat. :M

Yosharian

Arcane
Wait FoM blocks the prone effect? That's weird, I didn't notice it doing that.

Cone of Cold is troublesome yeah, but immunity to cold is easier to come by. And the damage is much, much less than maximised Fire Storm, so you can block most of it with Resist Energy and/or Protection From Energy.

In terms of AC he is pretty wimpy for my team but I can see how a less optimized team might struggle there

Lambach

Arcane
Wait FoM blocks the prone effect? That's weird, I didn't notice it doing that.

I always forget to put it on the entire Party, but I did notice that the character with those FoM boots does not get swept away. Which is how it should work, per Spell Description.

In terms of AC he is pretty wimpy for my team but I can see how a less optimized team might struggle there

My Demon MC shredded them with 9 ApR, all of which were made with full AB (all Natural Attacks become Primary at Demon MR 7) and the Aeon MC made them a lot weaker by automatically Dispelling their buffs (Quickened True Strike + auto attack with Greater Aeon Bane on), so I didn't struggle much there, but I had a really rough time with the Azata and the Lich. Not that I'm complaining, tho, it was a welcome change of pace after the mostly very easy CH 5 and got me to think more about optimizing my Party for future runs on higher difficulties.

Humbaba

Arcane
For posterity: The exact point where AC and illusion buffs stop mattering is the midnight fane. If you haven't been gearing for single target burst damage until then you fucked up.

Desiderius

Patron
Sounds like another case of glorified soloing coming back to bite you. Azata MC should be able to both beat saves on Gallu and enhance team enough to take him out with attacks.

Lambach

Arcane
Azata MC should be able to both beat saves on Gallu
Not when it's a Bard (with a single level dip in Thug) Azata primarily focused on melee combat and Frighten from Dazzling Display and Cornugon Smash + AoOs. I never said this was a particularly well optimized Party/MC. :M

Their Will Saves are low(-ish) but they're immune to mind-affecting stuff anyway, so I can't CC them for dick with the MC. Their Fort/Reflex Saves are in the mid-40s, so it's pretty difficult to land something like Icy Prison or such with one of the other Party members.

and enhance team enough to take him out with attacks.

Yes, Azata being able to restore the Party's spent Abilities via its unique Spells is probably the only reason I managed to get through Treshold. I had a Guarded Hearth placed for every single encounter + nigh-infinite uses of Visions of Madness and Bit of Luck.

Yosharian

Arcane
So, I discovered an interesting bug. Invisibility (as in, the 2nd-level spell) gives you permanent concealment bonuses. The Succubus at Tirabade Residence has Invisibility at the start of the fight, then she hits one of my dudes and of course it drops. And then she keeps attacking as if she still has the Invisibility.

Owlcat... you were doing so well.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Yeah, it was a thing in the game for quite a long time, then was fixed, then returned with the EE, cause why the fuck not.

Desiderius

Patron
To get a good report from Regill do you need to turn down the ring?

Desiderius

Patron
Check out the stacking bonuses:

MC Van Aeon 13 vs Angler of Vices 71AB.jpg

Chainmail of Dragonfly is +2 (not the +1 on the description) and stacks with other Insight bonuses like True Strike and Inspiring Command. Regill's Aura is Morale bonus that stacks with other Morale bonuses.

BTW this is Exhausted (Angler cast Waves of Fatigue on team first thing) and forgot to cast Divine Favor (from Aeon).

Seelah Pal with Archons + Holy Whisper.jpg

Tank Seelah getting her debuffing machine rolling.

Exhausted Sos vs Demon.jpg

Sos also Exhausted but just keeps slaying.

Desiderius

Patron
To get a good report from Regill do you need to turn down the ring?
Can't bear to do that - what does good report get you lol?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom