Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
  • Oracle's Nature's Whisper and AC Bonus of the Scaled Fist Monk simultaneously gave a bonus to defense — fixed;
  • Archmage's armor no longer triggers from items;
Pajama Tanking is no more

Wow that is some huge nerfing, and they nerfed Shroud of Eternal Hunger also it seems like

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:hmmm:

https://af.gog.com/en/game/pathfinder_wrath_of_the_righteous_the_lord_of_nothing?as=1649904300

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3860209784918105795

The Lord of Nothing has arrived with a flurry of fall discounts!

Greetings, pathfinders!
The Lord of Nothing DLC is live now and available for purchase. Please, note that the Autumn Sale starts today, and you can buy the Season Pass 2 with the new DLC in it for a 20% discount. Grab Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and the Season Pass for a 70% discount, or the “Inevitable Excess” DLC, the “Through the Ashes” DLC, and “The Treasure of the Midnight Isles” DLC separately for a 50% discount.

The Lord of Nothing DLC completes the story of the adventurers who began their journey in the Through the Ashes DLC — they have traveled from the burning city to the frozen realm, where they encountered a mystifying behavior of local demons. They will meet Penta — their new android companion — find an ally in an angel of Sarenrae, and travel through portals to different locations: a wizard's tower full of goblins, a village overrun by giants, a mysterious settlement in the tropics, and the Shadow plane. They will face a powerful demon lord before whom they are almost powerless. What other dangers will they meet along the way? What do the forests and castles along their path hide? Will our adventurers be able to resist, or will they succumb to the influence of the evil deeply rooted in these lands? Find out in The Lord of Nothing DLC!

The commander of the Fifth Crusade will not be left behind — they and their team will embark on a dangerous journey and an epic battle!

This new adventure is even more exciting with 15 new archetypes, new feats, and new spells — try the new possibilities of character development in both the DLCs and in the main campaign!

Last but not least, our new RPG — Warhammer, 40,000: Rogue Trader is ready for release on December 7th! Wishlist it so you don't miss the release then head into the grim darkness of the far future without delay!
Or take advantage of the final opportunity to pre-order the game on the website to get exclusive rewards!

Yosharian

Arcane
> The Helmet of Comradery now correctly calculates its bonuses from allies and don't count wearer;

Oh no, this sounds bad lol

> Arcanist's Exploit Wooden Flesh ability no longer gives you plant traits, you only count as a plant for spells and abilities that have special effects on plants;

Oof huge nerf there

> Boon Companion now correctly recalculates when you take level in class without animal companion;

Yup one of my builds just took a hit

> The Hex Shaman's Chant ability mistakenly extended the effect of the Protective Luck spell — fixed;

WOW THAT'S A SPICY NERF

As far as I can see, nothing that nerfs Skalds? Unless I'm missing something they are still super op.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
  • Oracle's Nature's Whisper and AC Bonus of the Scaled Fist Monk simultaneously gave a bonus to defense — fixed;
  • Archmage's armor no longer triggers from items;
Pajama Tanking is no more

Wow that is some huge nerfing, and they nerfed Shroud of Eternal Hunger also it seems like

Huge boosting

Trading a Mythic and an item slot for AC that you don’t need by the time it kicks in sucks so bad that people who fell for it contributed a large share of the stat bloat whining.

Stacking CHR AC made for some dumb soloing vids but also retarded class development for classes that could least afford it, producing more of the hidden suck that makes combat feel like a “slog,” producing even more nerf whine.

Protecting half-assed powergheymers from themselves so they don’t wreck your player base is good design.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, if I was play Through the Ashes and this DLC before the main campaign, how many spoilers would I get? I'd assume there'd be some minors ones, but is there anything major?
Through the Ashes is unplayable dogshit, save yourself the bother. I finished it, but it's not worth the time or effort. Literally one of the worst rpg experiences in all of pc gaming history.

As for spoilers, don't see how through the ashes would spoil much. You would learn about stuff that happens in chapter 1 of the grand campaign, so if you want zero knowledge then I guess don't play it.

Obviously I haven't played the new dlc (but I will), so I don't know if it has much in the way of spoilers.

They fixed Mythic Mage Armor to only apply if you can cast the spell innately, selecting multiple draconic bloodlines, and also disabled double dipping Oracle and Scaled Fist CHA to AC.

99% of build guides for WotR are now useless. :lol:
What do you mean? Pets weren't nerfed at all, so ez game is still ez with the proper classes. In fact you can now have a character with the new mythic buckler feat to stack more AC on your pets. Melee builds that weren't on pets were not serious builds, let's be honest.

As far as I can see, nothing that nerfs Skalds? Unless I'm missing something they are still super op.
Nope. Hopefully Skald 1/Mad Dog 19 still works to let you have pet and 19 BAB, need to try that out on my next game.

TwoEdge

Scholar
They fixed Mythic Mage Armor to only apply if you can cast the spell innately, selecting multiple draconic bloodlines, and also disabled double dipping Oracle and Scaled Fist CHA to AC.

What do you mean? Pets weren't nerfed at all, so ez game is still ez with the proper classes. In fact you can now have a character with the new mythic buckler feat to stack more AC on your pets. Melee builds that weren't on pets were not serious builds, let's be honest.
Don't get me wrong, I think there are still tons of exploits in the game, both in the form of bugs/features and baked in the PF1e systems as well. I just chuckle at the notion of tons of guides being invalidated all of a sudden and people desperately complaining to the writers of said guides.

It also amuses me that people gravitate to these strategies when the game is much more fun when you're not obsessing about min/maxing and take a more exploratory approach to character building, but that's just my opinion.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
It's the 10th time they announced a fix for "draconic bloodlines" and other stuff (like book of dreams), better wait and see.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyway late mythic paths getting no love.
Devil no content, this was expected.
Swarm, no bugs fix, this was not expected and a bummer (unless it's not in the change log...)

Desiderius

Patron

Don't get me wrong, I think there are still tons of exploits in the game, both in the form of bugs/features and baked in the PF1e systems as well. I just chuckle at the notion of tons of guides being invalidated all of a sudden and people desperately complaining to the writers of said guides.

It also amuses me that people gravitate to these strategies when the game is much more fun when you're not obsessing about min/maxing and take a more exploratory approach to character building, but that's just my opinion.
It isn’t just your opinion.

Facts exist.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah to be fair Owlcat does like to sneak a lot of stuff under the radar

It's possible they just didn't have time for that stuff this patch and are going to do something like that for the 'final' version of the game

Yosharian

Arcane
Ok so I took a look at the Armor mythic feats and... meh?

Looks like Heavy Armour gets half STR modifier to AC, which probably caps out at +10-12 AC for most builds.

The *damage* feat looks interesting though, up to +17 damage per hit.

The real interesting one is the mythic buckler feat, you get to apply your Shield bonus to all allies within a 15 ft. radius.

Desiderius

Patron
Looks like Heavy Armour gets half STR modifier to AC, which probably caps out at +10-12 AC for most builds
Unlike with DEX AC, that bonus is not limited by Armor. So, yeah, Archmage got blown out every which way for armored classes.

Buckler Feat is a nice one. There was a way to get a similar effect at level 15 (via Cavalier Order?) but it was only 3 AC. There are some very good Bucklers. Eventually.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hoooooly shit I hate this fucking DLC campaign. Maybe even more than I hate Through the Ashes. I have no idea what the fuck is going on, I hate the faceless party members it lumped me with, and of the two named companions one has the most piss poor writing and voice acting I have seen in years. Also, the encounters absolutely suck. Have some level draining undead with no way to counter or recover from the drain. Wow, now you're forced to start inside a web spell and we just charge you with zombie barbarians and light you up with stink clouds and lightning. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooouuuuuu. Funny thing is, I'm okay with absolutely everyone in this party dying.

Excuse me while I go play the main campaign as a lich and kill everyone.

EDIT: Urgh it adds something to the main campaign, so I'll try to suffer through it. I am now going ot try with my original party I finished TtA with, maybe it will suck less with some decent fighters.

EDIT 2: My TtA party is only level 4 and was insta-gibbed by the magical masked man at the beginning who ice stormed them, did a dimension door where they couldn't reach him, then some AoE death attack that outright killed 2. Fuck you Owlcat, watch me go casual mode and tear through this bullshit so that I can get whatever ridiculous shovelware quest you inserted into the main campaign.

"ice cream but made with evil instead of milk" how is it possible for writing to be this bad

FINAL EDIT: Tore through the bullshit encounters. You encounter an angel and he tells you some barely coherent story that updates your journal with... some sort of quest written from the perspective of the enemy for some reason? I think? Also, you can travel back to the tavern to... do what, exactly? Not paying attention, can't see any obvious way to progress the quest, the journal is written from some unknown perspective that makes no sense.

Someone else go finish this turd and tell us what the main campaign update is. I'm done, going to the MC now.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
New Armor Mythics.jpg

There are three different Mythics for each armor type with Armor Focus prereq. Dodge (Mythic) also significantly upgraded.

Medium Endurance can boost AC up to about 5 I think. Finally a way for Mutation Warrior to get the lead out. Medium Avoidance will be 3-5 AC if you keep Bear's Endurance, Mass up (a good idea anyway), Light Assault up to 4ish AB which should stack, Light Avoidance will likely give Rank to AC for DEX-based plus scaling miss chance, Endurance stacking Spell Resistance could finally make SR relevant, Dodge giving rank to AC vs first attack pretty solid for classes rarely attacked.

New Shield Mythics.jpg

Heavy Shield Mythic does decent damage when getting hit, so can combine with Thorn Body and Holy Nimbus to make yourself a pincushion against things you can't hit otherwise (temporary HP and Stoneskin recommended). I remember killing Unfair Maugla like this with Cam. The Tower DR stacks with one of the Heavy Armor Mythics that gives AC to DR. DR is prior to Unfair damage doubling.

Flesheater.jpg

This weird Bloodrager gets abilities from eating things. If you can find a Fey it even gives you Wild Gaze if you were wanting to fire off one of those.

Pestilence.jpg

Advantage on Disease saves is nice, comes with a scaling Hex that reduces more abilities as you level and some other some including no save Sicken touch.

Geomancer.jpg

Well, haven't played a Sorc yet but this makes me want to. Hope they've fixed Favored Terrain (wasn't given additional bonuses to Terrains already chosen), initiative is good.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
I'm now playing as a lawful evil shadowcaster who aspires to be a lich. This is much more comfy.

:positive:

Yosharian

Arcane
Alright so it looks like my Aeon party builds mostly escaped unscathed, Bracers of Animal Fury & Shroud of Eternal Hunger no longer get triggered by polymorph-tagged spells that aren't actually polymorph effects (Animal Aspect, Kitsune Human form) so they lost two big AB/dmg items there unfortunately.

The big issue is the Woljif tank build no longer gets its inherent Rage Powers activated by Skald, so it lost 6 AC from Guarded Stance and will basically need to be reworked cos those Barbarian levels are pretty useless now. Kind of annoying.

Protective Luck is still OP as fuck, just more fiddly than before since you need to constantly re-up it manually instead of just Chanting/Cackling.

Longes

Augur
EDIT 2: My TtA party is only level 4 and was insta-gibbed by the magical masked man at the beginning who ice stormed them, did a dimension door where they couldn't reach him, then some AoE death attack that outright killed 2. Fuck you Owlcat, watch me go casual mode and tear through this bullshit so that I can get whatever ridiculous shovelware quest you inserted into the main campaign.
Bro, your party got taken out by a single low-level wizard? Rethink your whole life. He's not even using serious CC like Grease or Glitterdust. Just shoot that sucker in the face. It's one wizard.

Efe

Erudite
Is that a cameo from kingmaker?
I don't remember any names similar to velhen

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
Is that a cameo from kingmaker?
I don't remember any names similar to velhen
She says she's from the new kingdom in the River Kingdoms, but I don't remember anyone this could be.
I guess that would be Verdel the beardless dwarf from Kingmaker. He was one of the merchants at the town square.
I read somewhere there was supposed to be a quest in Kingmaker to help "her" to transition but I don't know if this is true.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom