Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey, claws don't work with any of them funny monk styles? Like dragon style etc? Right?

Well CotW has a Feat that lets them so I've always assumed that they don't but not 100% sure. Wouldn't be surprised if Owlcat lets them work in Wrath. Test it yourself and let us know.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I've been cautiously optimistic about this game but not following it closely. Is there any subtle SJW faggotry in here like Octavia and Regongar?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It really is really fucking dumb how everyone picks on Octavia and Reg for having a disfunctional relationship due to being paired as slaves, but no one picks up on the lesbo vibes Linzi sends out every time Octavia is in the room.

People...

Last edited:

Saravan

Savant
Deliverer.

Hitting all the meme build highlights. You don't have to do this.

You really are one sad neckbeard aren't you? Imagine wasting energy on having an opinion on what builds other people play in a singleplayer RPG. Besides I don't follow the meta of this game to even know what the meme builds are. I just picked something that was thematically appropriate for a crusader setting and saw that the class lends itself nice to a shield build since I enjoy using shields.

In before another autistic interpretation followed by a irrational conclusion.

Desiderius

Patron
It really is really fucking dumb how everyone picks on Octavia and Reg for having a disfunctional relationship due to be paired as slaves, but no one picks up on the lesbo vibes Linzi sends out every time Octavia is in the room.

People...

Linzi is a kid dude. Girls look up to hot chix. Not sexual.

Don't pedo.

Desiderius

Patron
I've been cautiously optimistic about this game but not following it closely. Is there any subtle SJW faggotry in here like Octavia and Regongar?
its the most woke game since black lives matter genocided the afrikaans

When y'all figure out that blacks are just extra red rednecks shit's going to get all changed around.

Saravan

Savant
Autismius coping with the parts of the game that are bad get more creative by the day. Yes, yes, it still looks to be a great game but the coping man it never stops. Is this guy paid by Owlcat or just become the embodiment of the sunk cost fallacy?

Desiderius

Patron
Deliverer.

You really are one sad neckbeard aren't you? Imagine wasting energy on having an opinion on what builds other people play in a singleplayer RPG. Besides I don't follow the meta of this game to even know what the meme builds are. I just picked something that was thematically appropriate for a crusader setting and saw that the class lends itself nice to a shield build since I enjoy using shields.

Happy as a clam, fucktard.

Is there anything you aren’t dead wrong about? Don’t have to imagine it, and it’s not a waste. People following the memes are people not thinking for themselves who then have trouble with novel situations and end up crying for nerfs.

Shields are great. They have nothing to do with getting yourself killed with Deliverer or driving yourself crazy trying to game alignment restrictions for no reason.

Saravan

Savant
Deliverer.

Happy as a clam, fucktard.

Is there anything you aren’t dead wrong about? Don’t have to imagine it, and it’s not a waste. People following the memes are people not thinking for themselves who then have trouble with novel situations and end up crying for nerfs.

Shields are great. They have nothing to do with getting yourself killed with Deliverer or driving yourself crazy trying to game alignment restrictions for no reason.

How stupid are you really? I asked a simple question about alignment mechanics which you didn't answer by the way but that didn't stop you of course from inserting yourself anyways with a retarded take that had nothing to do with my question.

You then start commenting about a class pick and think I give a shit if the meta, which I'm not even aware of is some "meme build". And now you are talking about crying for nerfs and blindly follow a meme, I swear you just incoherently blabber on about five different topics repeatedly regardless of what is being written. I can see how you ended up with over 8k posts just spamming the same shit endlessly.

Sunri

Liturgist

Yes but not between companions i was suprised when female (semi important) npc told me that her wife is waiting for her or something and few hours later you meet her wife and its fucking green
Troglodyte i mean orc! with lesbian hair :stunned:

Humbaba

Arcane

Yes but not between companions i was suprised when female (semi important) npc told me that her wife is waiting for her or something and few hours later you meet her wife and its fucking green
Troglodyte i mean orc! with lesbian hair :stunned:

R&O struck me more as regular fetish-faggotry rather than twitter bait tbh. But isn't it like actually illegal in Russia to put homosexual propaganda in media anyway? I bet the game would end up censored if they put any sort of bum burglary in it.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Any system that empowers the unpaid to contribute creates incentives for the paid to sabotage it.
Like, really? You do know what powers up almost the whole internet infrastructure before the last mile, don't you? Hint: mostly FREE (as speech before 2020) software.

the lesbo vibes Linzi sends out every time Octavia is in the room.
And how she described Valerie the first time we met her. And then later. And what she says about the woman she ran off with.

I'm playing beta 3 and I reached the point where you are freeing Drezen (or whatever the fuck is called, you know the place anyway).

I'm playing with the "core rules" setting (that doesn't feel very core, frankly, more like "bloated") and in turn-based mode and I have to say I'm starting to feel a bit annoyed at how OVERTUNED every single encounter seems to be.
It's almost as if the game HATES the idea of letting you enjoy your own power from time to time.

Every single room, every "trash fights" is filled with fuckers that hit hard (+22 to hit to a fucking random sabertooth?), dodge like champs with AC in the thirties, have Damage reduction to this and that, leave permanent status effects or level drains every time they touch you or look at you or nuke you with AOE from the back lines like if it was confetti at a wedding.

It's almost like the game expects you to be buffed at the fullest extent of your capabilities and ready to fight tooth and nail to stay alive every five goddamn meters, except even knowing exactly what to do can only help you so much, when you start running out of resources after a bunch of rooms. Almost no fight feels winnable in a decent manner without a heavy investment in resources and even the best possible preparation doesn't save you from occasional bad luck with the RNG.

Like, holly shit, I'm starting to wonder if I didn't come here heavily under-leveled, but I clocked level 9 and it doesn't feel like I left much content behind me apart from a couple of bugged quests, frankly.

And then you watch a video of a streamer playing at Normal/real-time and it's almost like the guy is playing a different game entirely: nonchalantly walking forward without a care in the world, clicking lazily on enemies as they appear on the edge of the screen and having them dying without much trouble. Feels bad man.

I'm playing a Sword Saint DEX 19/INT 17 (base values at character creation, pre-equip and modifications) Level 8 with one level in Vivisectionist, specialized in Dueling Sword, aiming to go into Duelist prestige class later.
I don't think there's anything wrong my class or build, frankly.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Octavia and Regongar aren't examples of SJW faggotry. They worship the Elven goddess of lust and vengeance so being lusty and vengeful is an expected part of their characters. You aren't meant to identify with Regongar. He's a gross, degenerate sex pest to men and women and this is used as comic relief. His alignment is chaotic evil. This hardly promotes the gay agenda. A better example would be that destroyed village where all the medieval peasants got together to have a lesbian wedding and were totally unfazed by this. Homosexuality existing in the game isn't ridiculous. Everyone treating it as totally mundane is. They don't all need to be raging bigots but everyone being super progressive by today's standards feels incongruous with a medieval European theme, even in fantasy.

This kind of stuff gets up my nose in games but it doesn't dominate in Kingmaker. I can still enjoy the game while knowing its creators have different politics to me, so long as those politics don't saturate every aspect of gameplay. In Kingmaker they don't, hopefully wrath is the same. I see we have a black female medieval knight in the game. Maybe I'll end up liking her character enough to get over how stupid that is? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Tuco Benedicto Pacifico show us your build and then , some will tell you sucks and needs more SKILLZ , no pointing finger at anyone especially, but others can explain and help you improve .

I always do both, but yeah he must suck hard if he’s having that much trouble on Core. Most prominent cause of sucking that bad is whining about non-existent bloat. Somehow turns off brain.

Desiderius

Patron
I'm playing a Sword Saint DEX 19/INT 17 (base values at character creation, pre-equip and modifications) Level 8 with one level in Vivisectionist, specialized in Dueling Sword, aiming to go into Duelist prestige class later.
I don't think there's anything wrong my class or build, frankly.

Oh for fuck sake the needless Vivi dip, no wonder you’re sucking so hard. You’re two levels underleveled. Just be glad you’re not playing D:OSII with that kind of handicap.

Yeah, your problem is probably party composition tho. Usually is. Are you having problems killing things or things killing you, or both?

Let’s break down a specific fight and I’ll see if I have a save nearby and we can look at the differences.

Mortmal

Arcane
He's right viv dip not needed there, you only need one monk dip for crane style and even that is not really mandatory you gain 8 ac and -1 bab and of course slowing spell progression . With your stat allocation however, no monk dip either you need either cha or wisdom . You use a dex build its good but not the best for damage , some feats are wasted and there's more str buffs. You needs all the buffs possible, they last one min per caster level so usually enough to clear several encounters. Be sure you run in with mirror image, magical vestment, shield of faith , dex buff etc, theres ton of them .I tested one str build with falcata and one dex build with estoc, the str is better by far. You need a whole party to get all of those and an autobuff mod so it doesnt become a chore.
I am not big fan of prestige classes they arent bringing much , except in some rare cases dragon disciples and eldritch knight .I tested one str build with falcata and one dex build with estoc, the str is better by far, you get enlarge, legendary proportion buf in the end, nothing similar for dex.
Oh almost forgot when you exhausted your touch spell , click of the spell combat ability and you use your weapon with 2H(1.5 damage) , bit of micro but needed for str build.

Last edited:
I have to be honest, i didn't expect a different reply.
I know Owlcat could take a dump on your dinner and you would swear in tears that you never tasted better.

Even assuming my build (which is COMPLETELY FINE, ANYWAY) was anything vaguely sub-optimal, this doesn't this type of constantly unforgiving encounter design any better.

But if I'm wrong I'd love to see a video of someone playing at my same level (level 9) and with the same settings (core rules and turn-based) NOT suffering the same problems.

My objection wasn't even about how to min-max or to buff more efficiently. It was about how tiring it is being CONSTANTLY expected to perform at the limit of your capabilities.

Desiderius

Patron
No you whiny phaggots it’s your attitude that’s killing you. If you went in with the idea that Core is entirely manageable which of course it is then you’re perfectly intelligent enough to find your own way to get there, but you’d rather bitch and cry like a little girl than play the fucking game. I noticed you’re afraid to talk any specifics because you’re afraid to be exposed. Nothing to fear - we walk you through a fight or two, you get a couple clues and you’re on your way.

I was only half pulling your leg of course a Vivi dip isn’t going to kill you and is probably still benefitting you at that point. The great Haplo even likes his Vivi dips even though in Wrath your big damage is coming from Crusader’s Edge and Magic Weapon, Greater and from finding ways to get your weapon Holy. A sneak here and there never hurts.

Biggest thing is bypassing DR either by using Iomedae Relic (did you build that yet?) or Bless Weapon and/or Magic Greater (which lasts hr/lvl and hits +2 at lvl 8 and stacks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom