Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Delterius

Arcane
I have to ask. Is warrior even considered a strong martial class in this rule set?
I was just realizing that I never crossed any guide/build/video suggesting ANYTHING based on warrior, not even as part of some multi class build.
tf is a warrior

Stoned Ape

Savant
I have to ask. Is warrior even considered a strong martial class in this rule set?
I was just realizing that I never crossed any guide/build/video suggesting ANYTHING based on warrior, not even as part of some multi class build.

By warrior, do you mean Fighter?

If so, then yes. Fighter's are very, very good at killing things. With Armed Bravery and a couple of feats worth of Iron Will, they're even good at passing Will saves, too (which is normally a big problem for them).

Salvo

Arcane
Trickster THF is big crit energy

Salvo

Arcane
fighters are good but bloodragers are just stupid. it can't compete with summoner for 'most banned class on pnp' but its still kinda dumb.
Only Primalist Bloodrager is really ludicrously OP

Edit: OP compared to the base classes, PnP casters are obviously miles above anyone

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
fighters are good but bloodragers are just stupid. it can't compete with summoner for 'most banned class on pnp' but its still kinda dumb.

Edit: OP compared to the base classes, PnP casters are obviously miles above anyone

Well there is a reason that Primalist Bloodrager is usually banned in PFS games.

It makes Barbarian almost completely obsolete for one thing.

d12 hitdie being about the only (miniscule) advantage a barbarian has over a primalist bloodrager.

Salvo

Arcane

Well there is a reason that Primalist Bloodrager is usually banned in PFS games.

It makes Barbarian almost completely obsolete for one thing.

d12 hitdie being about the only (miniscule) advantage a barbarian has over a primalist bloodrager.
That and... trap sense :lol:

Mortmal

Arcane
The pure fighters arent doing anything special, no flavor, so they work , easy to build pick the feats you like 2H is best . But you can do much better martials using magic . When you can cast mirror image , blurs and such it's day and night for survivability, and thye have better burst damage. I remmber some belt allowing to get mirror image cast but you still have to find it. Everything is better except base monk and rogue.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The pure fighters arent doing anything special, no flavor, so they work , easy to build pick the feats you like 2H is best . But you can do much better martials using magic . When you can cast mirror image , blurs and such it's day and night for survivability, and thye have better burst damage. I remmber some belt allowing to get mirror image cast but you still have to find it. Everything is better except base monk and rogue.

Is there anything you aren’t just dead wrong about? Is it bullying to counter bad advice? Lol just happen to have some Wenduag shots from last night to counter this nonsense. Will post when I get home.

Mortmal

Arcane

Is there anything you aren’t just dead wrong about? Is it bullying to counter bad advice? Lol just happen to have some Wenduag shots from last night to counter this nonsense. Will post when I get home.

Again You are not giving any advice to him at all just push "yes" button, i am sure it's super helpful in your own world but not here . Pure fighter is not any close to a sword saint. The sword saint, one exemple amongst many , is multi attribute dependant but the fact owlcat is so generous with gear does not make it a problem, you dont even need armor, damage is higher than fighter , will survive everything when fully buffed.So i cannot consider pure fighter a great martial when there's so many better options.

Thing is: both in Kingmaker and this Beta I always played Magus (sword saint specifically).
Sure, I TRIED other things, but never extensively.

So I was looking around for alternatives. And as a personal preference for my main in particular I tend to prefer martial classes. Especially some Strength-based build, for a change.

Mortmal

Arcane
Thing is: both in Kingmaker and this Beta I always played Magus (sword saint specifically).
Sure, I TRIED other things, but never extensively.

So I was looking around for alternatives. And as a personal preference for my main in particular I tend to prefer martial classes. Especially some Strength-based build, for a change.

Str based fighter will work of course, but you will find that a bit flat compare to SS. If you dont want magus anymore , there's still many good martials still superior to fighter , rogue thug, monk scaled fist , barbarian mad dog(has pet) , some ranger builds , and of course all kind of paladins auras might helpful . Eldritch knight is not bad either but if you fed up of magus you wont like it much more and its a bit under anyway.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
…Ok. Any chance to get any actual advice rather than cryptic one-liners?
1. What do you want from your warrior? To "hold the line" (TM)? To hit faces really hard? To shoot from afar with deadly precision? To be a d'Artagnan?
2. Judging by (1) you chose the fighter class and the weapon (or the group of weapons) you want to fight with.
3. You start the game on the difficulty you like and see what happens.

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Pure fighters in PF will do anything you want them to do. An abundance of of feats gives you tremendous versatility, and the class abilities both scale well and patch holes (like Will saves or slow movement) that the typical fighter suffers. It will be straight-forward and no fuss. Pure fighter will be about 4/5ths any given specialty martial build, in just about any metric, but will lack flavor. Where it suffers is when you approach end-game bloat and have to rely on niche spells and abilities to survive fantastical threats. As it stands, the DR penetration feats also don't work correctly, so that's a major bummer. Any given mythic path will absolutely eliminate those end-game deficiencies.

Mortmal

Arcane
Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Pure fighters in PF will do anything you want them to do. An abundance of of feats gives you tremendous versatility, and the class abilities both scale well and patch holes (like Will saves or slow movement) that the typical fighter suffers. It will be straight-forward and no fuss. Pure fighter will be about 4/5ths any given specialty martial build, in just about any metric, but will lack flavor. Where it suffers is when you approach end-game bloat and have to rely on niche spells and abilities to survive fantastical threats. As it stands, the DR penetration feats also don't work correctly, so that's a major bummer. Any given mythic path will absolutely eliminate those end-game deficiencies.
Thats what we should read more on the thread, screenshots dont help.

Nicebrain

Educated
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
So I have this maybe-plan-for-a-class going on in my head for some time now. Divine Hunter (Hunter) sets celestial template on your animal companion. Celestial template seems to contain smite, at least on paper.
I haven't found a lot of info on the dinosaur companions, but the Raptor seems to be in and if the stats on in are correct it should be 14 charisma on it.
So... the question is, can I smite all kinds of evil stuff with a holy Raptor in the game?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The unique thing that Pathfinder games needs is the ability to write your custom modules, custom spells and classes easily like NWN2 had...

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
yea, this beta thread is shit because when kingmaker came out barely anyone played the beta so lots of surprises with the actual release thread, now every asshole has played the shit out of the alpha/beta so everyone knows everything

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom