Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The patch hit, so instead of putting the game on hold I re-rolled a cavalier (gendarme). It seems like a really fun class, but in TB:

1. Very often you just cannot attack targets in range unless you move a bit first.
2. Sometimes you issue a charge order and you move an inch, stop and the action is wasted.
3. Sometimes, when ordering to attack targets a bit farther away without charge, your model stops on a piece of geometry, the animation spazzes out for like 2 seconds and returns to normal, but the action is wasted.

It also seems that the mounted combat feat doesn't work. Like, at all :negative:

Charge is wholly fucked up in TB. There is a 50% chance the pathfinding gets stuck and you waste your turn.

Is it really the pathfinding or is it that one needs Feather Step? In RTwP I noticed that the ground does actually behave like it looks - like if you have some wonky-looking paving stones, you can't charge over them, you have to have an obstacle-free path to get your charge in.

Come to think of it, does taking a Feather Step potion affect the horsey? Inquiring minds want to know.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It's not mounted combat, it's charge overall. I have problems with charging with my 2h fighter on foot too.
Didn't play the game all that much yet, but didn't have any problems with charging on foot. Hanging on the geometry definitely seems to be mounted combat related.

TB was added to the game to appease the loud, and mostly casual PnP crowd, who can't land their fireballs in real time with pause. Owlcats did not want to add it, and stated as much that they want to focus on RTwP to be the best they could make, but the amazing argumentation like "its tb must be tb how ez tb see modder added tb so you also can it doesn't hurt the game Deadfire has tb (played by probably close to nobody at this time) right??" won.

So they gave in and pocketed the happy reviews and pnp moneys, but obviously making 2 combat modes work flawlessly in 1 game is not something you can do within a scope of 25 classes 1000 spells 5000 abilities.

So if you're playing TB, Mishulin is laughing on you, as you subscribed for a second beta test of the game. It may still be fun (more so than Deadfire), but you were warned.
That's a nice headcanon (I guess), but no one cares about it. TB was a great addition, the option to switch seamlessly between tb and rtwp was incline and it worked butter smooth in KM. Literally the only problem I ever had with it was the "Battle, hurrrr!" prompt getting a tad irritating after a while. Game also has feats and other shit spazzing out regardless of tb/rwtp so pointing out problems to casuals wanting tb is p cope and makes little sense.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Boggles my mind people thinking TB is for casuals and RtwP is hardcore, those zoomers

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Of course. You are talking with Victor. It's simple. Epic liches pew-pew for 4000000000 damage and summon succubus harem - greatest gaem in universe. No epic liches pew-pew for 4000000000000 damage and no succubus harem - disgusting pile of shit.
But what use is a harem when your body no longer has blood flow or blood pressure? :D
As the resident undead sex expert, I have already graced the forum with my expertise on this highly contentious and academic topic -
Yeah, sure, you can fuck and knock up the entire harem, but it's not what you do with it for the vast majority of the time. You don't have enough stamina and time to have sex with all your harem women constantly. You could also have a harem of women even when you are not (very) interested in women. Look at Alexander the Great. So, a lich could have a harem of succubi no problem even with no working organs or carnal drives.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Boggles my mind people thinking TB is for casuals and RtwP is hardcore, those zoomers
Systems are not by default hardcore or casual. You can have casual tb game (and there are loads of them) or hardcore real time one.

Fallout, for example, is a casual tb game (1 character, click on enemies, no tactics); JA is a hardcore TB game.

Saravan

Savant
I stopped playing TB by end of prologue by the way because combat took way too fucking long
If you don't believe me, then here, even haterz warn you and show that I am right.

Of course it takes too long if the encounter design is based on RtwP. Still doesn't excuse your retarded fanboy reaction to defend something broken, which wasn't in PF:KM. They add something, it better work properly else it's on them not because players demand it.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It's not headcanon, developers said as much (prefer to focus on rtwp) on streams and other messages. They added tb when fan made a tb mod using fan work.
Them releasing the game as RTWP-only kinda suggests they wanted to do it, we don't need your high iq takes to clear that up. I was talking about the copium poisoning and shit being broken caused by casual tb fans.

Saravan

Savant
Stop butching please, game has its flaws but is still massive incline compared to anything else we've got this year

This place has turned into reddit. What a shame.
Everything I don't like is reddit iteration #454357
Fuck off

What are you even trying to say here? You come in here crying about criticism. Fuck off to reddit then if you want a safe space.

Salvo

Arcane
Stop butching please, game has its flaws but is still massive incline compared to anything else we've got this year

Fuck off

What are you even trying to say here? You come in here crying about criticism. Fuck off to reddit then if you want a safe space.
You've been shitting up the 3d for a day now, you don't even contribute you just stir up shit like the little faggot you are

Reinhardt

Arcane
Got new week infantry and archers and hired bunch of cleric mercs. Time to go and kick those wights.

Saravan

Savant

Fuck off

You've been shitting up the 3d for a day now, you don't even contribute you just stir up shit like the little faggot you are

I don't like when I see shilling and I provide concrete examples relevant to my game experience, you on the other hand seem extremely butthurt about it.

Salvo

Arcane

Fuck off

I don't like when I see shilling and I provide concrete examples relevant to my game experience, you on the other hand seem extremely butthurt about it.
You'll find something else to be outraged about in a few days

Shadenuat

Arcane
I was talking about the copium poisoning and shit being broken caused by casual tb fans.
You're playing a what is basically and addon to the actual combat system based on a work of a modder. If there was only 1 combat mode, Owlcats could have focused on romances fixing other stuff, but now they have to spread around and fix game in both modes.

For example, in beta, TB just froze in the last chapter fight, making progress in the game impossible. It is most likely issues with moar cutscenes and various scripts popping, but basically, yes, if there was only 1 combat mode, game would probably be smoother as well.

Saravan

Savant

Fuck off

You'll find something else to be outraged about in a few days

It's obvious you seem extremely triggered that I'm not falling on my knees sucking every cock produced by Owlcat design decisions. I have however made plenty of positive comments surrounding OST, combat system and build mechanics.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Does anyone know where the lair of savamelekh is in chapter 4,devil city,the dude from the maze dungeon from the start ?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
You're playing a what is basically and addon to the actual combat system based on a work of a modder.
That worked perfectly fine in the previous game, running on the same engine and same ruleset.
If there was only 1 combat mode, Owlcats could have focused on romances fixing other stuff, but now they have to spread around and fix game in both modes.
Yes, if they didn't add or if they removed shit they would have more time/money for shit they added/didn't remove. Again, thanks for clearing that up.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL from genderless angels to feminist angels... I am curious about what new ways of degeneracy Xir's hand will fall to by the end.

GtbWHBJ.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom