Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
Imagine having no trash mobs
Gee.
I guess I solved the "problems" with TB.
What's trash in tb is not in rtwp.

And they have their uses. For example, in tavern fight you have infinite trash cultists that you need to deal with somehow (hold ze lineeee), bunch of stronger elites and alchemists you need to shoot to progress through a fight. Cultists serve a purpose, but in TB due to initiative que drag the fight down a lot. Not in RTwP though.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Has anyone tried auto crusader mode? Only 1 hour so far and I hate it

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Reinhardt

Arcane
LoL from genderless angels to feminist angels... I am curious about what new ways of degeneracy Xir's hand will fall to by the end.

GtbWHBJ.png

Remined me last horror novel i read. There were two police officers trapped in underground tunnels with monsters. Woman died curled and crying, man's last brain impulse was to press the trigger one more time without even realizing he has no fingers anymore.
I was literally shaking from this blatant sexism!

Saravan

Savant
The patch hit, so instead of putting the game on hold I re-rolled a cavalier (gendarme). It seems like a really fun class, but in TB:

1. Very often you just cannot attack targets in range unless you move a bit first.
2. Sometimes you issue a charge order and you move an inch, stop and the action is wasted.
3. Sometimes, when ordering to attack targets a bit farther away without charge, your model stops on a piece of geometry, the animation spazzes out for like 2 seconds and returns to normal, but the action is wasted.

It also seems that the mounted combat feat doesn't work. Like, at all :negative:

Charge is wholly fucked up in TB. There is a 50% chance the pathfinding gets stuck and you waste your turn.

Is it really the pathfinding or is it that one needs Feather Step? In RTwP I noticed that the ground does actually behave like it looks - like if you have some wonky-looking paving stones, you can't charge over them, you have to have an obstacle-free path to get your charge in.

Come to think of it, does taking a Feather Step potion affect the horsey? Inquiring minds want to know.

That's a good point, I haven't tried that yet. If it does make a difference it's very incline to include terrain in that way. Feels a bit fabulously optimistic though.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can only merge spellbooks as a Angel - Divine caster and Lich - Arcane caster. Right? What about hybrids. A Paladin Angel can merge? I believe that Paladin / Angel is one of the most popular builds of the game. Probably the most popular LG build, just like cruoromancer / evil is the probably one of the most popular "evil".

Go play glorious TB examples as DOS2&3

I rather play Dark Sun : Wake of The Ravager, Temple of elemental Evil, Knights of the Chalice 1/2, UnderRail(...) If DOS2 was RtWP, it would't be a better game.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I'm currently level 11 and it takes me 60000 to hire a merc.

Owlcat really hates the idea of replacing their companions with merc.

Saravan

Savant
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can only merge spellbooks as a Angel - Divine caster and Lich - Arcane caster. Right? What about hybrids. A Paladin Angel can merge? I believe that Paladin / Angel is one of the most popular builds of the game. Probably the most popular LG build, just like cruoromancer / evil is the most popular "evil".

Hybrids can't merge but they can still make use of the spellbooks. For martials it's best to focus on buffing spells because there is most likely no way you will beat DC or spell res without also investing feats which then makes you a subpar martial in most cases.

Angel will get you access to things like divine power. Great buffing spell.

Saravan

Savant
By the way Meredoth the game doesn't tell you this in advance but applying the Sword of Heaven from Angel is a standard action and only lasts for 1 minute. I don't remember but I think it only starts with two charges as well.

You can however pick an improvement to turn it into minute/mythic rank. This means at mythic rank 5 it reaches 5 minutes, then with Greater Enduring Spells it can last 24 hours. Very costly however as you must invest two mythic abilities for it.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Looks like there's a bug in Toy Box/Bag of Tricks mod:
May have found an odd bug. I was playing an Inquisitor [Sanctified Slayer] and frequently using Studied Target as a Move action then attacking as a Standard action in the same turn (no movement needed). Then I restarted with Unity MM and Toy Box enabled and recreated the same character from the beginning. Had multiple combats now where I use Studied Target and it shows I still have a Standard action available, then I select to attack my adjacent target and hear my character report the command (standard voice confirmation) but no attack happens and it shows I no longer have a Standard action available anymore. I just lost the attack and action. This obviously while playing Turn Based.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

As someone else said, they don't like it when you try to bypass their "great" companion writing
I have to admit though, that this leads to more consistent player experiences and helps both players who compare tactics, and developers who have to balance encounters. I'm thinking of looking up a savegame editor or cheat engine, so I can give myself money for mercs.

Saravan

Savant

As someone else said, they don't like it when you try to bypass their "great" companion writing
I have to admit though, that this leads to more consistent player experiences and helps both players who compare tactics, and developers who have to balance encounters. I'm thinking of looking up a savegame editor or cheat engine, so I can give myself money for mercs.

This will do it for you: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/8

Also a mod there to auto-win crusade battles if you don't like it.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

You do not need anything extra to edit savegame files.
Just find archive with your save in username\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous\Saved Games (or wherever they are kept on your OS) and open it with 7z or ZIP file manger to allow editing inside container.
There are some files there but player.json (money) and party.json (exp) are most interesting. They could be opened in notepad.
Just find and change the right tag and now you got money.
Easy.
JrajkUu.png

Ehrenmann

This will do it for you: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/8

Damn now I can stop playing HoMM and play Wotr instead.
:positive:

Saravan

Savant

Damn now I can stop playing HoMM and play Wotr instead.
:positive:

Just for clarification it's a different mod than Toy Box but it's on the same site.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom