Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

jf8350143

Liturgist
Aeon seemed satisfying content wise, but I've not tried any of the other starting paths yet.

What? Outside of his "opening" story event, Aeon has one unique line with Galfrey when you become Knight-Commander, a unique resolution to the Worldstone at Kenabres... and that's it. I stopped before taking Drezen, though, so maybe things turn around? Also, the game is blatantly rushed. Notice that Angel, Aeon, and Azata get nice storybook introductions, whilst Trickster and Demon get jack shit?

You didn't even get to choose your path until the end of the siege of Drezen.

All the mythic path quest and shit only begins in chapter 3.

Parabalus

Arcane
Aeon seemed satisfying content wise, but I've not tried any of the other starting paths yet.

What? Outside of his "opening" story event, Aeon has one unique line with Galfrey when you become Knight-Commander, a unique resolution to the Worldstone at Kenabres... and that's it. I stopped before taking Drezen, though, so maybe things turn around? Also, the game is blatantly rushed. Notice that Angel, Aeon, and Azata get nice storybook introductions, whilst Trickster and Demon get jack shit?

Aeon definitely has an immense impact on the story, play A3.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Forgot to mention this yesterday, but it was an amusingly unexpected moment.

Fulsome.jpg

Poop succubus smears you with her stuff. You get permanent stat mods (+2 natural armour and Con, but -4 Cha for being a stinky bastard)

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
With a wizard MC, I need to fight creatures with magic resistance and resistances to fire, acid and cold (and immunity to electricity) from the very beginning of the game. This pushes me towards buffing and ground-targeted spells if I want to be effective in combat at all.
I'm playing as an electro kineticist. Didn't expect all demons which are 2/3 of all enemies in the game to be immune to electricity, my dude is pretty much standing still doing nothing in half of the fights.
That's what Ascended Element is for. It allows you to completely ignore such resistances/immunities.

Yeah use a Bow until then.

Desiderius

Patron
Forgot to mention this yesterday, but it was an amusingly unexpected moment.

Fulsome.jpg

Poop succubus smears you with her stuff. You get permanent stat mods (+2 natural armour and Con, but -4 Cha for being a stinky bastard)

Jesus I didn’t know they had any German writers. Truly a new low.

Guys, if you want better writing just go to wrath_data>StreamingsAssets>Localization, open enGB in a notepad and you can go wild. Be the change you want to see. After all, we have writing geniuses here on the codex.

Desiderius

Patron
So, any way to get pounce on a non-animal without having to play (ugh) Kitsune?
Skald can share rage powers. Take the beast totem line to get it. This may have been answered already as I am 55 pages behind.

By the way, is it just me, or is the game skewed towards an Azata player, with more content, reactivity, and even unique items early on, like the summoning tankard in Kenabres?
it seems that Azata path is the best and most fleshed out of all choices

There’s plenty for each. They put a lot into replayability.

Mortmal

Arcane
How bad are the bugs? Some of the steam reviews make it sound completely unfinished. Should I just wait for the enhanced edition?

A few game breaking bugs espcially for the lich path, i highly recommend to not pick it as first playthrough...None of our codex champions could warn us, too busy posting screenshots and training their gag reflex i suppose.
Without meredoth hint i could not finish chapter 4 as the deathsnatcher regen is bugged, only way to get it it down is spamming aspect of hunger an destroy it by stat drain .
Now chapter 5 , the crusade mechanics start again, i notice my patiently built hellkinght doomstack, by selling most of the loot, has disappeared and i am back to 2 stacks of shitty undeads... Knowing they dont replenish much if at all , as its bugged or massively nerfed.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
With a wizard MC, I need to fight creatures with magic resistance and resistances to fire, acid and cold (and immunity to electricity) from the very beginning of the game. This pushes me towards buffing and ground-targeted spells if I want to be effective in combat at all.
I'm playing as an electro kineticist. Didn't expect all demons which are 2/3 of all enemies in the game to be immune to electricity, my dude is pretty much standing still doing nothing in half of the fights.
That's what Ascended Element is for. It allows you to completely ignore such resistances/immunities.

Yeah use a Bow until then.
Too bad Clustered Shots don't work at all. Bugged.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
How bad are the bugs? Some of the steam reviews make it sound completely unfinished. Should I just wait for the enhanced edition?

A few game breaking bugs espcially for the lich path, i highly recommend to not pick it as first playthrough...None of our codex champions could warn us, too busy posting screenshots and training their gag reflex i suppose.
Without meredoth hint i could not finish chapter 4 as the deathsnatcher regen is bugged, only way to get it it down is spamming aspect of hunger an destroy it by stat drain .
Now chapter 5 , the crusade mechanics start again, i notice my patiently built hellkinght doomstack, by selling most of the loot, has disappeared and i am back to 2 stacks of shitty undeads... Knowing they dont replenish much if at all , as its bugged or massively nerfed.

Seems like the Undead path is pretty much dead

I see myself out

ArchAngel

Arcane
The earlier chapters are relatively bug free(although there are bunch of minor bugs regards class features and such).

Later chapters (namely 5 and 6) are buggy as hell because it's not included in the beta.
Sounds just like Kingmaker

volklore

Arcane
The earlier chapters are relatively bug free(although there are bunch of minor bugs regards class features and such).

Later chapters (namely 5 and 6) are buggy as hell because it's not included in the beta.
Kingmaker had game stopping bugs as early as act 2 on release and half the feats and classes did not work. There are a bunch of bugs in wrath from what i have seen so far but it's nowhere near P:KM levels

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Kingmaker had game breaking bugs as early as act 2 on release and half the feats and classes did not work. There are a bunch of bugs in wrath from what i have seen so far but it's nowhere near P:KM levels

Oh god, they are learning, adapting, next game they take over the world

Sheepherder

Augur
Heh, these stack. Nice. Not worth it, but nice.
t2aGVfb.jpg

Also, you know how the Trickster has access to Improved Improved Critical? Well, the Lich has access to:
oyUNykT.jpg

Anyway, can anyone confirm if Ascendant Element works with Alchemist's Bombs? I know the description make it sound like it does, but with how buggy the game is, there's a good chance it doesn't.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Besides Meredith, have others ITT finished the game already?

Started Act 4 last night, so getting there. Still nothing game breaking yet.

Sounds like it's Act 5/6 where there is the highest chance of game breakers, so who knows how it'll go.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
So here's the plan TM:

I'm rolling out like how many paths are there? 9? Well I'm doing 9 playthroughs of Chapter 1 to 3.

So when Owlcat finishes the game, I'm all set. :P

It seems to me that you could just create a save before the choice at the end of C2 and not miss any content.

Desiderius

Patron
So here's the plan TM:

I'm rolling out like how many paths are there? 9? Well I'm doing 9 playthroughs of Chapter 1 to 3.

So when Owlcat finishes the game, I'm all set. :P

It seems to me that you could just create a save before the choice at the end of C2 and not miss any content.

Yeah a little but not much. Not a bad idea depending how smooth respec is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom