Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
DOS2 AI uses utility theory when evaluating what move to make with a lot of factors considered
Very useful. Now just tell them to make a game where you can't one-shot the final boss with three different skills on the highest possible difficulty setting.
"game has broken skills therefore it is bad"
wow every game ever made is bad
this is your mind on owlcat's cock
Rusty, I know you don't read other people's posts so I'm not getting mad at you, but come on. I'm not saying the game is bad. All things considered, I actually enjoyed it and defended it against some unfair criticism.

That's the difference between a sane person and you (when you go on your shitposting sprees, otherwise you're sane too): you are physically unable to understand that it's possible to criticize a game while still enjoying its qualities.

You're praising D:OS2 for its radiant AI, but what's the point when in an entire 120 hours playthrough there's not a single enemy able to withstand the fucking dumb skills you got in the very first area?

Rusty just likes story-mode

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Crispy, retardo this derail, pls
I apologize, but I can't stand someone praising D:OS2 to be shitting on WotR for "lack of AI and stat bloat". That's just ridiculous.

Me too. I can get someone like Pink Eye who criticize this game and praises KoTC2, but criticizing it to praise divinity is nonsensical... BTW, KoTC2 has something akin to mythic transformation but with way less "bloat". You can even become a construct ( https://www.heroicfantasygames.com/FWE/Pages/FWE_Moons.htm ) And you can play as a exotic race, you can be a Half Giant Barbarian or a Half Salamanter Psion for eg.

how awful this game is

It is not awful. It is just not as good as kingmaker.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
My main gripe is crusade mode, it does nothing but slow the game down. At least with Kingdom management (which I hate) we got some uber rewards. Crusades give some strange relics and XP (lol)

Relics that crusaders loot could be turned into uber rewards too - after two Kingdom card events (study and enchant) with some choices on what type of an item you want (ring, weapon etc).

So each relic could be turned into like 3-7 artifacts that party uses, and drastically different at that. For example, rod that turns all damage to unholy, or the neck for a greasy wizards:
48frf6N.png

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Are we seriously comparing DOS with PF? How is this even possible/allowed on a forum for people that are supposed to know something about crpgs and pc gaming in general? I mean, sure, PF games have their serious flaws that should be discussed, but we should strive to maintain some pretense of not being utterly retarded. Someone like desuderius might be tad too autistic even by our standards, but at least you can immediately tell he knows his stuff and does not get into a hissy fit over preschooler "look ma, I'm a gaymer" titles. Also, stop derailing the thread ffs.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Are we seriously comparing DOS with PF? How is this even possible/allowed on a forum for people that are supposed to know something about crpgs and pc gaming in general? I mean, sure, PF games have their serious flaws that should be discussed, but we should strive to maintain some pretense of not being utterly retarded. Someone like desuderius might be tad too autistic even by our standards, but at least you can immediately tell he knows his stuff and does not get into a hissy fit over preschooler "look ma, I'm a gaymer" titles. Also, stop derailing the thread ffs.
The saddest conclusion is that it was desiderius who got the tag and desiderius who got the ban.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sounds like Paizo's fault, they made the stats for the rest of the universe.
What makes you think the wotr computer game has stats anywhere near the AP's stats?

I don't, the AP stats are probably wrong.

The AP stats are fine. The characters people play in APs are nowhere near as strong as the characters in the CRPG.

Gear/items aren't as strong and people don't min/max as much as there is no need to.

There is no save scumming and the enemies are controlled by a human.

There is no need for the statbloat on the tabletop.

Thonius

Arcane
Is there any reason to pick normal sorc over cross blooded sorc? What is the downside?

You get 1 less spells known in total per spell level that you have access to. So cross-blooded sorcerers have even less spells to choose from and get new spells a level later compared to non-crossblood sorcerers.

It's strange that the downside is not mentioned in the class screen, or at least from what I can tell, but the downside is there and is faithful to the Tabletop version.
Except you gain new spells from 2 bloodlines instead of one and with mythic it can be really memey with 3rd bloodline.

panda

Savant
ut it makes no sense. I don't care how epic your adventure is. Mephistopheles has 48 AC in P&P. No PC's should easily get more than it.
What, why?
48 base AC is pretty high. If he is retard and won't buff it is his problems.
If he is not and has idk... barkskin/legendaryproportions/seamantle/fcnlvl1shield he should have something like 70.
And 70 AC for PC is already not that easy to get.

But would be too hard for
tabletop larpers and no save&load, it's essentially game-journo mode.

Shadenuat

Arcane
But as I said just a handful of relics and some xp from quests.

Well, some counsels are entertaining, if nothing else:
UCbMiMZ.png

Although, people who try to RP this as a Holy Righteous Circus Crusade would probably feel a lot of an annoyance.
You just already got all these roses, so can't be mad at the game.

"I joke when i am sad, when i am angry, when I am I always joke lolo" - Lann just sucks.

Personally, I measure my arcane casters by their ability to be useful or, rather, satisfying through the whole game Wizard into AT > Witch > Wizard >
And you are wise. I'd rate Wizard = Witch > AT tho.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I think I had my first minor messed up quest.
Sosiel talked about his brother turning into an asshole... but we never learned any details about his brother. Just that he gave away his shield.

Welp. It's rather harmless. Doesn't compare to Merril in DA2 talking about killing her whole tribe... just before POSSIBLY killing her whole tribe.
DA2 was one fucked up fever dream experience.

Daidre

Arcane
Just wanted to share it. Careful, spoilers!
Just found this note in Areelu lab:
4af8jkt.png
That... sound familiar, isn't it?
IheOEwA.png
That... explains why narrator in our Journal is so different comparing to Linzy from Kingmaker.
For example:
IO0FVBE.png
Great insight into her character by the way.

And I love things like that in my RPG.

Rafidur

Learned
I thought the sosiel bro part was possibly about joining the hellknights? It's not written very well, that's for sure. All companion quest are garbage aside from Regill and Ember basically.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Owlcats can be amazing with their approach to minutiae. Why can't they be amazing or at least somewhat competent more than 50% of the time though.

I can only wonder if they're good half time they are drunk or when not.

Am I right to assume that alcohol ran out after 4 chapters and then it's a crusade-HATEOT?

Daidre

Arcane
Owlcats can be amazing with their approach to minutiae. Why can't they be amazing or at least somewhat competent more than 50% of the time though.

I thinks this one is pretty easy.
They have some really great writers in their team but those are probably too nice as a people to tell their not-so-great colleagues to cut down on all that filth and crap that they spew on digital paper.

Because in the year of our lord 2021, criticizing the work of your colleague or, even worse, subordinate is considered wrong.

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane

I thinks this one is pretty is easy.
They have some really great writers in their team but those are probably too nice as people to tells not-so-great ones in the same team to cut down on all that filth and crap that they spew on digital paper.

Because in year of our lord 2021, criticizing the work of your colleague or, even worse, subordinates is considered wrong.
Meh, they don't have an editor and the creative director is busy doing ...x?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom