Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vatnik Wumao
Since more people have finished the game by now, what were your thoughts on...
The whole plot point about your soul being intertwined with that of Areelu's son? Felt it came out of nowhere and I personally didn't care too much about Areelu's plight or fate either, so that made the ending feel quite underwhelming.

Parabalus

Arcane
The whole plot point about your soul being intertwined with that of Areelu's son? Felt it came out of nowhere and I personally didn't care too much about Areelu's plight or fate either, so that made the ending feel quite underwhelming.

Did you go to

Areelu's lab in Act 5?

Vatnik Wumao

Did you go to

Areelu's lab in Act 5?
Yeah (assuming it's the one where you have to fight a guy going through the various books there), but I guess I didn't find everything there? I recall not being able to enter a basement on a different part of the map too due to missing the key.

But that aside, did you care about Areelu's predicament? Because I personally did not, so the ending felt quite meh. (And naturally I encouraged Pharasma to punish her as well in that last scene.)

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Holy fuck, this game does not pull punches. I rolled Kingmaker pretty easily but WotR is something else. Getting the shit kicked out of me on Core in chapter 3; first the dragon (I had to go back and get Seelah for the fear immunity), then Blackwater where literally every fucking thing has at least 40AC. This game seems to be designed with the assumption that you're going to powergame; those scaled fist / vivi dips appear to be the expected way to play the game. I'm definitely going to be more careful with my build from now on, though I do hope I wouldn't have to resort to respeccing the companions.
You are fighting vastly overturned enemies with lots of immunities unlike kingmaker. You need to stack physical damage mostly from what I’ve played. Just don’t gimp yourself.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

That's actually very logical if you think. You are just an another experiment for her at the end and it's really hard to sympathize with her. So she's just another obstacle on our path to closing Worldwound. Worldwound is the main objective. (Unless you're going for secret endings.)
Azata ending is satisfying in that regard, without spoiling it very much. My favorite part is mimics ending slide :D

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm still at chapter 3 with my Scion and just want to make another characters to see other Mythic paths shit.
A Lawful Neutral Aaesimar Monk Angel , Azata Kitsune Eldritch archer and then a Aeon that goes
Devil
Hellknight Bloodrider.

All these options yet i think going to until some patches drops before starting a new char.
And in reality you will drop first char in chapter 4.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Is it possible to go back to Kenabres past act1 to get the broken Covenant of the Inheritor relic if I missed it when going through the marketplace the first time?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You are fighting vastly overturned enemies with lots of immunities unlike kingmaker. You need to stack physical damage mostly from what I’ve played. Just don’t gimp yourself.

Casters really become powerful, especially after start of act 4. My blaster Ember is one shotting bosses with hellfire ray at the end while my magus was clearing rooms with chain lightning.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Some people say this game is sjw propaganda but (major end of act 3 spoilers, minor end of act 4 spoiler)
Queen Galfray removes you from command because you're too good at it, so you're becoming a threat to her, so she exiles you and proceeds to run the whole crusade into the ground. A startling tale of what happens when women are in charge.

Is it possible to go back to Kenabres past act1 to get the broken Covenant of the Inheritor relic if I missed it when going through the marketplace the first time?
Afaik yes, you just go to the city on the world map and then find yourself in the city map at the north gate. But I am not sure any items will still be there.

Parabalus

Arcane

Did you go to

Areelu's lab in Act 5?
Yeah (assuming it's the one where you have to fight a guy going through the various books there), but I guess I didn't find everything there? I recall not being able to enter a basement on a different part of the map too due to missing the key.

But that aside, did you care about Areelu's predicament? Because I personally did not, so the ending felt quite meh. (And naturally I encouraged Pharasma to punish her as well in that last scene.)

No, that's Pulara's falls.

It's Areelu's lab from A3, with a key from Iz (if you go there first). It opens a hidden portal to Areelu's demiplane with lots of exposition.

Areelu is very similar to Akachi from MotB, just with her son instead of lover as the catalyst for fomenting an insurrection against systemic injustice.

She just hints this at the PC, you need to make the skill checks to get the full story.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Game journalists that can't beat IWD:EE in story mode hated the game even more

As I've said many times, Game journos praises shit like Diablo 3 and Inquisition and hate good games. Game journalists liking a game is a point against the game quality, not in favor.

Some people say this game is sjw propaganda but (major end of act 3 spoilers, minor end of act 4 spoiler)

Because they only played ACT 1 if played the game in first place.

But as a Lich, you can put her in her place.

Casters really become powerful, especially after start of act 4.

If you merge spellbook, you become extremely powerful in chapter 2.

Parabalus

Arcane
Afaik yes, you just go to the city on the world map and then find yourself in the city map at the north gate. But I am not sure any items will still be there.

You can't even enter the Market Square, game outright stops you. Just the areas needed for companion quests.

Reinhardt

Arcane
lich can put kween in her place! lich totally not degenerate! he just pays for necrophiliac sex with demon whores....

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
How can anyone even try to compare, in terms of achievements, with
Aeon's True Ending?

- You reverse the destruction of Sarkoris, saving hundreds of thousands of lives (as confirmed by Nurah when she talks about the Crusades).
- You spare Golarion more than a hundred years of death, slaughter, and misery.
- Anevia dies, killed by some randos.
- Irabeth becomes an honorable, official knight of Mendev.
- Wenduag, Lann, and the other Mongrels live normal, peaceful lives. Also exposes that Wenduag's entire philosophy was just a coping mechanism against her own misery, since she never tries to become a powerful person once she regains her humanity.
- Sosiel lives a peaceful life, painting one true masterpiece (your portrait).
- A romanced and redeemed Aru, despite losing anything that Desna put into her and basically "restarting" never engages in murder, and rejects her dark nature. Also is a real virgin this time.
- Regill waits for your further commands (I love you too, snookums).
- Camellia never exists.
- A "lawfulised" Ember becomes a mystic and a prophet, with a happy childhood, and bases her philosophy on the teaching of "the Commander".

And so on.
Also you don't really die. Apparently the Monad must really like you.

Rafidur

Learned
whose brilliant idea is that to force you to use your second team of companions to fight a boss
Fucking JRPGs :negative:

Octopath had a hour-long miniboss marathon then when you get to the actual final boss "oh you need a second team lol". Doesn't help that the boss is far, far harder than the rest of the game, and that on death you have to start from the beginning.

jac8awol

Arbiter
On core difficulty there are some incredibly satisfying encounters in this. I just beat the dragon with the dwarf assassin part. Nice touch, having the CYOA text part lead into that, with a lot of skill checks to determine where you start, injury level etc. Moments like this make me wonder how anyone can write this game off.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Thought that you dying was part of the True Aeon ending. Are you sure that you aren't presenting the Renegade Aeon one in your post?

No, you literally re-materialise yourself when Areelu's trial comes. It's also stated explicitly that it appears your mythic powers haven't left you. Also, what's the Renegade Aeon path like?

Mauman

Scholar
Thought that you dying was part of the True Aeon ending. Are you sure that you aren't presenting the Renegade Aeon one in your post?

No, you literally re-materialise yourself when Areelu's trial comes. It's also stated explicitly that it appears your mythic powers haven't left you. Also, what's the Renegade Aeon path like?

probably so a true Aeon can participate in the
post game dlc listed on Steam

Salvo

Arcane
Queen Galfray removes you from command because you're too good at it, so you're becoming a threat to her, so she exiles you and proceeds to run the whole crusade into the ground. A startling tale of what happens when women are in charge.

Won't happen on like half of the mythic paths unless you're a shitter

Salvo

Arcane
On core difficulty there are some incredibly satisfying encounters in this. I just beat the dragon with the dwarf assassin part. Nice touch, having the CYOA text part lead into that, with a lot of skill checks to determine where you start, injury level etc. Moments like this make me wonder how anyone can write this game off.
Usually it's a pathological need to fit in

Removal

Scholar
Chapter 4 is House tier, completely kills any desire to replay the game, especially since everything up to 4 is pretty damn good

Peak meh, even moreseo when they loop it into
you becoming a god so powerful you can challenge pharasma in the super secret ending

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom