Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
If you're already an Eldritch Archer, sure, but dipping from a full caster into Magus is silly.
Thankfully tricksters can skip full caster classes and scale from level.
That requires UMD3, which is very late. If you want to be an arcane Archer with a wizard spellbook, just play an arcane Archer and acquire that spellbook later. Dips here make little sense. Besides the full caster is already targeting touch AC which is what matters.
Have you done the vital strike scythe meme yet

Reach weapon is better, more targets for the 2k cleave crits.

Sheepherder

Augur
Are there any other ways to apply vulnerability to various energy types apart from that one lich ability? Not negate resistances, like the witch curse does, but make enemies take more damage from one element or other?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
She is level 9 now, she has a spell penetration (probably doesn't work, because Evil Eye is a Hex and not a spell? dunno...), and I've continued only her prior proffession. No multiclass. Though the text "Will save reduces to only one round", I didn't see that, thanks!!
I don't understand - using a good DEX melee character as a bad offensive caster - is it just because you are different? A rebel in our herd of sheep?

Seriously, is it so difficult to put a round peg into a round hole?
She's a full caster with a more than decent spell list. You can do basically anything you want with her. I mean, with Ear Piercing Scream, Arrow of Law, Searing Light, Sacred Nimbus, Blade Barrier, Hellfire Ray, Stormbolts, and Fire Storm, she can even make for an half-decent evocation blaster.
Questionable. She has no access neither to scorching ray(by far best mid game blasting spell considering itemization) nor to flexible sorc's metamagic. Lacks early feats for touch spells or WIS for DC. And while full caster can't truly be bad, here i agree, as a caster she is just less useful than alternatives.
That's why I said "an half decent evocation blaster" and not "the best blaster all around".

People are playing her as a dex-based melee character, but even in that field she is less useful than alternatives: she does less damage than Regill, Greybor, and, depending on the build, even Woljif, and "having high AC" really isn't a "role" (and, again, animal companions are better than her at that). Se is a good support caster, but can't compete in that role with Sosiel. That's the destiny of many hybrid classes: they can be good or decent at many things, but rarely the best.

I guess the only role where Camellia really excels without rivals is being a psycho bitch.

If you're already an Eldritch Archer, sure, but dipping from a full caster into Magus is silly.
Thankfully tricksters can skip full caster classes and scale from level.
That requires UMD3, which is very late. If you want to be an arcane Archer with a wizard spellbook, just play an arcane Archer and acquire that spellbook later. Dips here make little sense. Besides the full caster is already targeting touch AC which is what matters.
Have you done the vital strike scythe meme yet

Reach weapon is better, more targets for the 2k cleave crits.
Once they fix mounts, it should be possible to use the mount's size to determine your reach: even with a non-reach weapon, riding a mount enlarged with Animal Growth should be enough to be able to cleave through the entire room. You can use a reach weapon while riding a huge mount, but that's definitely overkill (basically your reach covers the entire screen) and, sadly, currently bugged (you don't get the whole reach shown on screen).

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Once they fix mounts, it should be possible to use the mount's size to determine your reach: even with a non-reach weapon, riding a mount enlarged with Animal Growth should be enough to be able to cleave through the entire room. You can use a reach weapon while riding a huge mount, but that's definitely overkill (basically your reach covers the entire screen) and, sadly, currently bugged (you don't get the whole reach shown on screen).

It's not overkill at all, as long as Vital Strike is bugged and you can cleave for >1k easily. The increased AoO range is also great for attack spam.

volklore

Arcane
Having high AC is kind of a role. Camelia can do that while poking for decent damage while criting decently with a rapier (triggering outflank) and having a good array of support spells. You can't really go wrong having 1 character like that in your frontline. Especially a game like wrath with maps with 10000 encounters and rest restrictions where 1 spellbook isn't nearly enough to support your team the whole time. Then her and your resident cleric can share the support role and your cleric can focus on the spells he only has access to and that are in dire need (FoM, DW etc...).

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

It's not overkill at all, as long as Vital Strike is bugged and you can cleave for >1k easily. The increased AoO range is also great for attack spam.
Have you seen the reach you get with a reach weapon while riding an enlarged mount? I can't think of many encounters where that would be useful. I don't know if things get wild in later chapters, but, so far, playing enlarged with a reach weapon or on an enlarged mount with a non-reach weapon has been more then enough to keep every enemy in the encounter inside my reach all the time.

Having high AC is kind of a role. Camelia can do that while poking for decent damage while criting decently with a rapier (triggring outflank) and having a good array of support spells. You can't really go wrong having 1 character like that in your frontline. Espcially a game like wrath with maps with 10000 encounters and rest restriction where 1 spellbook isn't nearly enough to support your team the whole time.
She can do that, but she's not the best at it. Regill, Greybor, and Woljif can get to sky-high AC numbers too while poking for way more damage and critting more often due to their higher number of attacks. I'm not saying she is useless, she's just not the best in that role, just like she isn't the best in any role I've assigned her so far. Her abilities, class features, and spell list are versatile enough that she can be played in many different ways and adapted to your playstyle, and I think that's her biggest strength.

Thonius

Arcane
Go back to 98 and face 0 problems with WOTR.
What!
WOTR won't run on windows 98. No problems!
118-1187562_hmmm-problem-9gag-troll-face-hd-png-download.png

Parabalus

Arcane
Have you seen the reach you get with a reach weapon while riding an enlarged mount? I can't think of many encounters where that would be useful. I don't know if things get wild in later chapters, but, so far, playing enlarged with a reach weapon or on an enlarged mount with a non-reach weapon has been more then enough to keep every enemy in the encounter inside my reach all the time.

No, since I found mounts too buggy to use. But I found wanting bigger threat zone all the time with the basic reach weapon + Legendary proportions.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
She can do that, but she's not the best at it. Regill, Greybor, and Woljif can get to sky-high AC numbers too while poking for way more damage and critting more often due to their higher number of attacks
At least in my run , Camellia have way more AC (rn 44) than anyone else while Regill , PC and Woljif (i don't use Seelah, Sosiel or Greybor) have acceptable AC (37) but deals way more damage.

Camellia isn't super good at anything , but in this case being a Jack of all trade is very useful because this game really asks you to use everything in your kit. With her in my team , i have lockpick and trap disarm, okay damage that trigger outflank , works decent as a tank (just long enough until my other characters can kill everything) , buffs and good perception to avoid random encounters in the rest.

volklore

Arcane
She can do that, but she's not the best at it. Regill, Greybor, and Woljif can get to sky-high AC numbers too while poking for way more damage and critting more often due to their higher number of attacks
At least in my run , Camellia have way more AC (rn 44) than anyone else while Regill , PC and Woljif (i don't use Seelah, Sosiel or Greybor) have acceptable AC (37) but deals way more damage.

Camellia isn't super good at anything , but in this case being a Jack of all trade is very useful because this game really asks you to use everything in your kit. With her in my team, i have lockpick and trap disarm, okay damage that triggers outflank, works decent as a tank (just long enough until my other characters can kill everything), buffs, and good perception to avoid random encounters in the rest.
Woljiff gets real high if you level him up as Vivisectionist. Dex mutagen (Feral wings) + archmage armor + shield will get him sky high. Plus he gets infusion to use self-only spells onto allies which is all kinds of juicy. Regill, I don't really see how you'd reach intersting enough levels of AC early enough in the game, baring going unarmored again (with a monk dip maybe) but for his character fantasy it kind of sucks.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

No, since I found mounts too buggy to use. But I found wanting bigger threat zone all the time with the basic reach weapon + Legendary proportions.
I'll post some pictures to show what I'm talking about. These are the reach ranges you get while under the effect of Legendary Proportions with (a) a reach weapon and (b) a non-reach weapon:

(a)
Screenshot-12.png

(b)
Screenshot-11.png
It's a marginal increment, but I can see that in some cases it might be useful.

On the other hand, this is the reach you get while riding a mount under the effects of Legendary Proportions, regardless of the weapon you use:

Screenshot-8.png
If you can't see the border, it's not because you're getting old and your eyes are failing you: it just covers the entire screen. These are the borders in the two cases, (a) with a reach weapon and (b) with a non-reach weapon:

(a)
Screenshot-9.png
(b)
Screenshot-10.png
Sure, you cover a bit more ground, but is it really THAT important when you're already covering two times the screen?

Sadly, mounted reach is bugged right now and you can't actually blindly rely on it.

Last edited:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
every puzzle was shit which was not surprising. I still have nightmares about that fucking pyramid

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Is Wracking Ray bugged? I replayed the Playful Darkness fight to see if stat draining was better than damage ray spam, and a Maximized Wracking Ray from level 14 Ember (after enemy Fortitude save) consistently dealt 4d3-6=6 Strength damage an 4-2=2 Dexterity damage.

The spell description clearly states that each stat is damaged up to a maximum of 5d3, depending on caster level, but the way it works seems to indicate it only ever rolls up to five dice total, and not up to five dice per stat affected.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Also I don't recall there being so many fucking puzzle in king maker(and not as tedious). So who the fuck asked for more puzzles in the game? Can we find them and kick them in the nuts?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Is Wracking Ray bugged?
Been like this since beta.

My theory that wizard hating scumbag who also refused to add intensify spell in game because "no way too powerful" (but vivi, or rowdy rogue, or sword saints, or deadly earth are not "too powerful at all" in comparison) tried to stealth-nerf it but forgot to change the description, since then Ember would just 15-stat drain everything and we can't have her be too good with some oddball spell from already limited witchbook oh no.

Also I don't recall there being so many fucking puzzle in king maker(and not as tedious). So who the fuck asked for more puzzles in the game? Can we find them and kick them in the nuts?
nenio-companion-pathfinder-wotr-wiki-guide-250px.jpg

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

Camellia
"Most shamans seek spirits to learn from them. Spirit hunters pursue them to eliminate.
...sorry, but no. She is to be played as a necro/spirit summoner and healer. Nothing else but this totaly conflicted skill set for this preposterously conflicted and goresome person is possible. The lore demands it! She is worse than Daeran ffs! :D

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
View attachment 21012
We'll see if Lich has interesting reactivity, you're my last hope for this game..

Also, playing on hard.

Are you making a death knight lich? I'm curious about how he is in game.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iFTbYu014404RNTFim_hkX2D2lVn6e8p8hyBr/pubhtml

I’m using a slightly modified version cause this one wasn’t built correctly on certain levels. But it’s basically a front liner death knight with DR/15 as soon as you become lich who uses lich buffs+cleaving with 30+STR and such. Pretty cool so far.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iFTbYu014404RNTFim_hkX2D2lVn6e8p8hyBr/pubhtml

I’m using a slightly modified version cause this one wasn’t built correctly on certain levels. But it’s basically a front liner death knight with DR/15 as soon as you become lich who uses lich buffs+cleaving with 30+STR and such. Pretty cool so far.
Jesus Christ, what is this supposed to be?

"Yeah guys, let's ban Desiderius, we don't need him".

Next thing you know, after less than a week people are posting Eldritch Knight builds that get to EK 10 at character level 19.

Going Eldritch Knight with a Sorcerer is already painful because (a) you need more Sorcerer levels to get to level 3 spells, and (b) the first EK level makes you lose another CL, further delaying your progression. Going Dragon Disciple makes you lose ANOTHER level, so you're now 3 levels behind a regular Wizard... and for what? A +4 to Strength and a +2 to natural AC?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom