Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jackpot

Learned
Reminder that if you beat the game using turn-based then you basically just beat it on easy mode!
It doesn't count!

god why the fuck did I stubbornly insist on never switching to turn-based I'm such a retard, IT ISN'T WORTH IT

purupuru

Learned
What the Abyss city reminds me of the most is actually Nar Shaddaa in Kotor 2. You arrive in a seedy underbelly kind of town and try to get the attention of the local boss, either by currying his/her favor or busting enough heads.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Reminder that if you beat the game using turn-based then you basically just beat it on easy mode!
It doesn't count!

god why the fuck did I stubbornly insist on never switching to turn-based I'm such a retard, IT ISN'T WORTH IT
PK1 was kind of easy mode, PK2 it lots of fun on TB. I had a lot of close battles on Core or where I needed to reload once I see what kind of tools enemies have.

Sheepherder

Augur
The vatnik cattle that coded the last patch must have been overdosing on the cheapest crocodil they could find. Holy shit, the more I play the more bugs come out. This patch, oracles receive fewer spells than the patch before. Last patch, a lvl 9 oracle had 4 level 2 spells, but in this patch you'll only get 2. 1 bug fixed, two dozens new bugs introduced.
Chances are, the game checks whether an oracle should get new spells on levelup by counting how many spells he already has. But the retards over at Owlcat forgot the fact that oracles can get spells from prophecies, mysteries and healing/wounding spells, so now it just adds all those extra spells and doesn't allow oracles to get new ones.

In other words, if you're on patch 1.0.6 then you better stay on 1.0.6 because 1.0.7 is a hot fucking mess.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The vatnik cattle that coded the last patch must have been overdosing on the cheapest crocodil they could find.

In other words, if you're on patch 1.0.6 then you better stay on 1.0.6 because 1.0.7 is a hot fucking mess.
Bwuahhahahaa. This release delivers.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
It doesn't count!

PK1 was kind of easy mode, PK2 it lots of fun on TB. I had a lot of close battles on Core or where I needed to reload once I see what kind of tools enemies have.

Turn based is easier. This said, PK1 went through a lot of nerfing (and I am not talking only about the endgame).
Also, I feel the companions in Wrath are worse than PK1, or better say, worse in this particular campagin vs these enemies.

Also honestly I suspect trickster may be the suckiest mythic path ever, combat wise, maybe only swarm is worse since you are suddendly alone.

Shaki

Arbiter
Also honestly I suspect trickster may be the suckiest mythic path ever, combat wise, maybe only swarm is worse since you are suddendly alone.

Trickster is OP as fuck, having 11-20 crit range and 5x multiplier on every martial makes the game trivial af, I just rightclicked through everything on core

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Trickster is OP as fuck, having 11-20 crit range and 5x multiplier on every martial makes the game trivial af, I just rightclicked through everything on core

Good for you, any more detail about your party composition?

Sheepherder

Augur
The vatnik cattle that coded the last patch must have been overdosing on the cheapest crocodil they could find.

Bwuahhahahaa. This release delivers.
It's like the poster boy for why you shouldn't buy modern games at launch. Todd Howard is taking notes on what no to do, his games are at least finishable on release.
Good thing I pirate, I'd be massively asshurt if I had payed for this.

Shaki

Arbiter

I went with my main as full mutation warrior, Wenduag full fighter, Woljif as vivi, Arue full ranger, Nenio full scroll savant, Ember full witch. I didn't feel like building munchkins. I took initiative feats on everyone, and I took that mythic ability, Inspiring Leader I think, on Wenduag, which also adds initiative to everyone. I took persuasion 1 for trickster which gives me free dazzling display on every enemy entering the combat (+ shatter defenses on all martials), arcana trick that give me +1 enchantment bonus on all items, then perception 2 as soon as I could for those crit feats.

Tbh game was pretty easy even before I got the crit feats, just cast phantasmal web/putrefaction/whatever as an opening from Nenio, if bloated stats boss then add some hexes from Ember + ranger bond from Arue and quarry (I had gloves on her that make quarry target take -2AC and sickened without save), and let martials hack everything to pieces. After getting the crit feats I stopped bothering to even open with cast in most fights, because nearly everything melted in one turn from 300+dmg crits on every second hit anyway. My main also had a cleave feat line, and was using reach weapon (Fauchard), so had enough reach to make groups of enemies explode instantly on his own.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

I went with my main as full mutation warrior, Wenduag full fighter, Woljif as vivi, Arue full ranger, Nenio full scroll savant, Ember full witch. I didn't feel like building munchkins. I took initiative feats on everyone, and I took that mythic ability, Inspiring Leader I think, on Wenduag, which also adds initiative to everyone. I took persuasion 1 for trickster which gives me free dazzling display on every enemy entering the combat (+ shatter defenses on all martials), arcana trick that give me +1 enchantment bonus on all items, then perception 2 as soon as I could for those crit feats.

Tbh game was pretty easy even before I got the crit feats, just cast phantasmal web/putrefaction/whatever as an opening from Nenio, if bloated stats boss then add some hexes from Ember + ranger bond from Arue and quarry (I had gloves on her that make quarry target take -2AC and sickened without save), and let martials hack everything to pieces. After getting the crit feats I stopped bothering to even open with cast in most fights, because nearly everything melted in one turn from 300+dmg crits on every second hit anyway. My main also had a cleave feat line, and was using reach weapon (Fauchard), so had enough reach to make groups of enemies explode instantly on his own.

Well when exactly did you get all the improved crits feats? At what level? Also what did you specialize Woljiff into? Shortswords? I just took perception 2 at level 15 :\

Anyway it's a lot of feat investment when angel/lich seems to get all the good things earlier (seems since I didnt play any of them).

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Also owlcat, I'm not exactly sure if this is the reason why people are reporting about strange statistically high occurrence of low numbers.
Code:
0      1
1      2
2      3
3      4
4      5
5      6
6      7
7      8
8      9
9      10
10     11
11     12
12     13
13     14
14     15
15     16
16     17
17     18
18     19
19     20
20      1
21      2
22      3
23      4
24      5
25      6
26      7
27      8
28      9
29     10
30     11
31     12
Observe numbers between 1 and 12 are there twice. While I'm pretty sure your programmers are university educated, and I was learning by self-education stuff like that decades ago when high school violated law against me to get rid of disabled person. I'm pretty sure you tested RNG output, and also output of actual results when these numbers are used in the pipeline.

I'm also sure sentence like "3 and 35 are relatively primes thus they are safe to be used in arrays with length 2^n where n > ..." is easy to understand and you can easily recognize a simple algorithm.
And I'm also sure you are not using floats or doubles for these values. Thus you are evading the need for stuff like Math.rint(n) and a problem caused by you know what right?

And there is of course that small problem when a smart developer calculate damage:
Code:
int a = 0; //damage two handed sword
a += RNG6();
a += RNG6();
a += pluses;
if(CRIT = 1){
    a *= 2;}
It's that simple. So, what's with the great idea of calculating damage... then rolling dices to substract the damage from result?
For example: 20 damage would be applied, but stuff is resistant to fire, mace was + 1-6 to fire damage, thus we roll 1-6 to subtract from that number to remove fire damage that didn't happen.

You DO understand that rolling 2D6 isn't a flat probability right? (It's triangular distribution in case someone is interested.)

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also owlcat, I'm not exactly sure if this is the reason why people are reporting about strange statistically high occurrence of low numbers.
It's actually insane. I thought it was me with my epic bad luck, but it's actually insane. I get critical misses with Perfect Strike on Lann.

I'm starting to think the coders of this game just hate everyone. Like... everyone. Their bosses. Us as customers. Everyone in their life. And this is just their way to have revenge on the universe.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
It's actually insane. I thought it was me with my epic bad luck, but it's actually insane. I get critical misses with Perfect Strike on Lann.

I'm starting to think the coders of this game just hate everyone. Like... everyone. Their bosses. Us as customers. Everyone in their life. And this is just their way to have revenge on the universe.
LOL, I thought that was just me. I got so many fucking 1’s I thought it was some ability I didn’t know about.

Shaki

Arbiter

Well when exactly did you get all the improved crits feats? At what level? Also what did you specialize Woljiff into? Shortswords? I just took perception 2 at level 15 :\

Anyway it's a lot of feat investment when angel/lich seems to get all the good things earlier (seems since I didnt play any of them).

I got perception 2 as my first improved mythic trick, so I finished crit feat line on everyone except for Woljif around lvl 15 I think.

Woljif finished it a little later because I went for a completely retarded and horribly inefficient elven curve blade build with him, I wouldn't reccomend doing it but I really wanted to have a 18-20x range weapon on him, kukris are gay, and there is a really fun elven blade in Act 3 that adds stacking +3 hit chance on every miss, and I wanted someone to use that shit. Also the main reason for Woljifs existence is to cast shield on my MC, because fuck scribing scrolls, so I didn't regret his retarded build much.

Tbh it's very possible that other paths are stronger, the game itself on core is just easy af, and that's why I just facerolled it despite of my mythic path being suboptimal. Thinking about it more, I was facerolling even before getting the crit line, and everything else from Trickster didn't add much, persuasion is mostly a QoL feature so I don't need to actually click on dazzling display, and +1 enchantment to all gear doesn't change that much, tho it's nice to have.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anyone tested if the XP rewards for kills and quests are higher on higher difficulties? I'm watching one LP on Hard where the guy reaches lvl 10 on finishing Chapter 2. I'm still about 10 000 xp away from lvl 10, playing on Core.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Is the demongraft worth getting? Was thinking about it but the beserk makes it hard to decide

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom