Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nice random encounter, I guess my party didn't notice the two gigantic undead mammoths
WOW, fat shaming much?

What do you know? Maybe those mammoths took 20 Rogue levels and are some kind of stealth-masters.

Longes

Augur
Spawning enemies right on you is literally the only possible punishment in terms of positioning. "Enemies close-ish" and "enemies behind you" just doesn't matter when you can reorient your party in half a second, and mages can move and cast freely.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Spawning enemies right on you is literally the only possible punishment in terms of positioning. "Enemies close-ish" and "enemies behind you" just doesn't matter when you can reorient your party in half a second, and mages can move and cast freely.

Starting in combat alone is a big punishment, as you don't get to buff outside of combat or alpha strike on a preferred target. Starting your squishies in melee engagement will just lead to me reloading until I can get them out of that melee engagement alive, this is nor fun, and ironically, neither very engaging.

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
I usually send crusade ahead of me to clean up demon's armies, since crossing them on the global map is the source of nastiest random encounters, and to claim the region.

I walked past an enemy army in unoccupied territory and had a fight with an enraged undead smilodon packleader in early chapter 3 (I was around 10th-11th level, I think).

They drop amulets of mighty fists +4 (+5 with trickster and Arcane trick) which are amazing loot for that stage in the game. You just have to get lucky with the encounter RNG to pull them from the encounter deck.

Also managed to grab a second a bit later on from a lucky encounter without an army present, so now both Seela's horse and Wenduag's leopard have one.

Longes

Augur
For DC based casters, is Azata and then the Demon the best mythic path? I'm not talking about DPS
Azata gives you consistency across all encounters. Demon lets you win two-three encounters a day where you activate your Rage and toss ultra-high DC Weird or something at people. Aeon is not quite as good as either, but lets you jack up the DCs of your entire party.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Good Dog

ReyIiCY.jpeg
Damn, how did you get him to 80 Str? Not even Mythic Companion gives so much bonus...
Animal Growth?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am just doing the Threshold map. It is very irritating for Lich due to
not being able to rest and you cannot raise your dead undead companions in any other ways... and every encounter has those crazy archers that destroy my melee dude if he try to be part of the battle lol

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have an in-depth mechanical question here:

Is the Demon Graft affected by Magic Nullification and/or Aeon Crystal Mind?

If anyone knows if it is a mind-affecting spell, let me know as well.

Sykar

Arcane
I just checked the WotR wiki and noticed that there are no new spells for the basic sorcerer/wizard. Are there a lot of new spells via other means at least for the original base classes? I guess mythic paths and some other stuff offers some new spells.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
For DC based casters, is Azata and then the Demon the best mythic path? I'm not talking about DPS

I think so, followed by Aeon with enforcing gaze + and - DC. On top of that, Aeon can also suppress demonic mythic abilities (no save), which can make a huge difference to spells getting through.

I kept thinking DC gaze does not help Aeon himself due to description of the ability. But it seems it does.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I just checked the WotR wiki and noticed that there are no new spells for the basic sorcerer/wizard. Are there a lot of new spells via other means at least for the original base classes? I guess mythic paths and some other stuff offers some new spells.
There is some new spells, but not a lot of them. Magic/Greater Magic weapon is important addition in its ridiculous implementation (even +1 version stacks with your weapon enhancement bonus), but those were already present in Eldritch Arcana/CotW mods, so I had not even considered them "new".

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
not being able to rest and you cannot raise your dead undead companions in any other ways... and every encounter has those crazy archers that destroy my melee dude if he try to be part of the battle lol
What undead lich companion did you take?

ArchAngel

Arcane
There is some new spells, but not a lot of them. Magic/Greater Magic weapon is important addition in its ridiculous implementation (even +1 version stacks with your weapon enhancement bonus), but those were already present in Eldritch Arcana/CotW mods, so I had not even considered them "new".
Not as ridiculous as Magic Armor spells. Magic Weapon at least stops at +5 total weapon enchantment, Magic Armor goes beyond and if you also use a shield that is easy "free" +10 to armor bonus

ArchAngel

Arcane
What undead lich companion did you take?
Fighter Archer at 1st pick and Cleric at 2nd pick. So now he is lvl 19 fighter archer/lvl 10 cleric.

Erebus

Arcane
Nice random encounter, I guess my party didn't notice the two gigantic undead mammoths and the lich as tall as them and just walked by.

I had a similar random encounter, except without the lich. Right from the start, the mammoths were so close that they didn't need to take a single step in order to attack my party. Very realistic.

Unfortunately, poor encounter design isn't limited to random encounters. Far from it.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Borg dungeon fuckin' suuuuuucks!

:deadtroll:

I can't hit them, and they can't hit me. The only thing that made it bearable was trickster intimidation stun and negative energy dmg on MISS Scythe.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Khorramzadeh in Threshold... wtf
How am I supposed to deal with his unstopable 2x lighting that ignores all resistances and murders half my party in one turn? Do I need to turn off TB and just run back until duration of that shitty ability expires?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Khorramzadeh in Threshold... wtf
How am I supposed to deal with his unstopable 2x lighting that ignores all resistances and murders half my party in one turn? Do I need to turn off TB and just run back until duration of that shitty ability expires?
Ok, this is exactly what I did, fucking stupid...

ArchAngel

Arcane
Continuing my endgame run. Raised 3 Malignant Succubus Deadeye as my Undead servants, each has +49 attack with -8 deadly aim on, each does about 45 damage per hit lol and with my Lich bonuses they got 500 life each :D

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Sorry Hulrun...
12456067.jpg

But my girlfriend is a ritualistic cannibal serial murderer which pretty much makes me a ritualistic cannibal serial murderer accomplice. And that halfling traitor wasn't very filling...

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Playing Cavalier, I will say this game feels better balanced than Kingmaker. Not that that's a huge accomplishment.

Cav is still pretty bugged, in TB you frequently get stuck on corners and lose a turn, and half the time you can't even attack at all. On the plus side spirited charge is completely busted--if you score a crit you're supposed to add the multipliers then subtract 1. So a 2x charge and 2x crit becomes a 3x hit, but this game doubles it twice for 4x damage, or 6x with a triple crit weapon. So it's mostly gimped but occasionally hilarious. We'll see how much I can min max once I get Mounted mastery (add mount strength to charge damage) and switch to 2-handed fighter for Overhead chop.

Once again I see the game is a betray-a-thon and you are actively punished for using premade characters. While the NPCs seem to have better stats their builds are arguably even worse than KM, since they come into the party later they're harder to salvage. I do applaud the game for giving you quite a selection of spellcasters off the bat. On the other hand that means if your main isn't melee then Seelah basically needs to carry the whole team.

And FYI for anyone wondering yes crane wing is still stupidly broken

NqgYWzF.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom