Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
1. Reading is hard.
2. Camellia has Ghost Touch enhancement from the start. And, I believe, the enchanted weapon can be passed to another party member.
3. The game gives everything to play, but people refuse to use it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
1. Reading is hard.
2. Camellia has Ghost Touch enhancement from the start. And, I believe, the enchanted weapon can be passed to another party member.
3. The game gives everything to play, but people refuse to use it.
Or just Magic Missile them to death, that also works. And they do full damage.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am currently doing Act 4 in my Angel run and I am surprised by all the extra stuff so far compared to my Lich run.
All the paladins and angels you save that join you there and help you fight is pretty cool. Your Nexus fills up with them and people you save. I got 5 so far: old paladin, saved paladin, saved priest and 2 angels. I hope at least one of those gets to join my party as a full companion.

So far Both Angel and Lich runs seem to add a lot of cool unique content, which other paths are like that? Azata, Aeon, Demon? I doubt later paths like Devil, Swarm or Gold Dragon have a lot of content.

ArchAngel

Arcane
As far as extra abilities and spells for Lich or Angel path, Lich is more interesting. At least for full caster with merged spellbook. Lich offensive spells are extremely powerful and defensive spells as well. Lich special abilities are also very good and you get a free extra undead companion.
Angel passive abilities are kind of meh so far, a bit more AC and enemies get -1 to saves vs your spells and -3 to their max SR. Holy sword thing is also a standard action to activate and only gives bonus to spells while it is active (which is 1 minute per level and cannot be extended only few times per day if you took that ability, other sword options are worse at that point because duration stays at 1 minute 3 times per day LOL) in first 4 Acts (when it matters). Also its bonuses does not stack with Holy of weapon you are using making it even less useful. They should have made it do Force damage and stack.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
As far as extra abilities and spells for Lich or Angel path, Lich is more interesting. At least for full caster with merged spellbook. Lich offensive spells are extremely powerful and defensive spells as well. Lich special abilities are also very good and you get a free extra undead companion.
Angel passive abilities are kind of meh so far, a bit more AC and enemies get -1 to saves vs your spells and -3 to their max SR. Holy sword thing is also a standard action to activate and only gives bonus to spells while it is active (which is 1 minute per level and cannot be extended only few times per day if you took that ability, other sword options are worse at that point because duration stays at 1 minute 3 times per day LOL) in first 4 Acts (when it matters). Also its bonuses does not stack with Holy of weapon you are using making it even less useful. They should have made it do Force damage and stack.

Sword bonuses can be made 24 hour with Greater Enduring Spells and Everlasting Flame once you're Mythic Rank 5. Of course that'd mean the sword buff itself does little, so maybe better to pick something else for your first Sword upgrade and wait with Everlasting till Mythic Rank 6. Still I think that's Act 4?

A little bonus holy damage is kinda meh, I agree, but doing +50% (!) damage vs a large group of demons is not. Maybe it even works for spells? You'd need to check.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Sword bonuses can be made 24 hour with Greater Enduring Spells and Everlasting Flame once you're Mythic Rank 5. Of course that'd mean the sword buff itself does little, so maybe better to pick something else for your first Sword upgrade and wait with Everlasting till Mythic Rank 6. Still I think that's Act 4?

A little bonus holy damage is kinda meh, I agree, but doing +50% (!) damage vs a large group of demons is not. Maybe it even works for spells? You'd need to check.
I only got one sword upgrade by Mythic 5 so I picked 1 minute per level because that is more useful. Had to switch to non Holy weapon so I can get something from this thing. Still bad compared to Lich options, even for melee.
My melee Lich does extra unholy damage with each swing that heals him and has permanently 10/- DR that also reduces enemy attack if they manage to hit him. And that is Act 3 guy. When I get aura that buffs all my stats and +2 to CL for everyone. Not to mention Undead immunities that last 10 min/level and ability that makes me not be able to die but just get paralyzed. And full heal for all undead in party lol. And even as non caster I can use lich offensive spells that ignore SR and heal you while damaging enemies in large AoE.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I only got one sword upgrade by Mythic 5 so I picked 1 minute per level because that is more useful.

Is it, though? Having a small boost all the time versus having a huge boost often when you need it? That was the decision I was facing and I have chosen differently.
Of course, by Mythic Rank 6 it won't matter anymore.

Had to switch to non Holy weapon so I can get something from this thing.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I only got one sword upgrade by Mythic 5 so I picked 1 minute per level because that is more useful.

Is it, though? Having a small boost all the time versus having a huge boost when often you need it? That was the decision I was facing and I have chosen differently.
Of course, by Mythic Rank 6 it won't matter anymore.

Had to switch to non Holy weapon so I can get something from this thing.
If it is like a Lich run next Mythic level is when you mean Noticula and she offers you to accept part of her power. I said yes as Lich and got a Mythic level. As Angel I will not be accepting it. After than next one was at start of Act 5 when it does not matter anymore much as there is little content left and most of it is easy.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
It's Arelu magic powder that gives you the mythic power, not Nocticula and yes you still get it even if you refuse it because "reasons".

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't know compared to lich, but compared to trickster, angel is very OP at the beginning.
I was able to double bolt of justice Blightmaw in Drezen to oblivion with a snap of my fingers, while with trickster it would have been the usual reload fest.

Efe

Erudite
I meant, its not really angel's power but the mechanic of combined spellbook

ArchAngel

Arcane
It's Arelu magic powder that gives you the mythic power, not Nocticula and yes you still get it even if you refuse it because "reasons".
Pretty sure you still get the ML even if you turn down the profane gift.
Fuck that is stupid... The whole point of my LE Lich accepting more power and risking angering Hand of Inheritor was so he could get more power to turn it back on the demons which he did later. So it seems that whole choice is not a choice at all lol. Why should anyone but a Demon and maybe Swarm pick that option when it only has downfalls?!

Infinitum

Scholar
Finished this last week after Kingmaker back to back. Cool games (especially character creation), but they did wear out their welcome (especially the extraneous kingdom/crusade parts). Shame that the entire metagame is essentially which builds and buffs to use rather than in-combat tactics. Don't think I'll replay anytime soon.

Ulfhednar

Savant
I just finished playing as Azata from
the time you first meet Noticula to the convo with Iomedae and Noticula after getting back to Drezen... Despite consistently playing CG, Iomedae is pissed at me for taking Areelu powers, the hand of the Inheritor bugged out as soon as he found out the mythic powers were demon-sourced powers and I got no option to try and stop Bahfomet from killing him, and Noticula is pleased as punch that I'm still an Azata despite me refusing her help the whole way through...
The narrative is a little off the rails, but yeah you still get your ML at the end of ch 4.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
In other news, I've discovered that the sneak attack dice for thrown splash flasks (fire, acid, holy water, you know, those useless things) that the Underground Chemist gets actually work on the Arcane Bomber's bomb, though NOT on the Alchemist's bombs (however any DC bumps the Arcane Bomber gets do work on Alchemists' bombs). Even 1 AB dip gives you one bomb of your choice that you can ascended element, and it levels with you.

I'm trying to work out a build of 1AB/4UC/15 Incense Synthesizer (using just the CC/dispel bombs from Alchemist, not damage, which is pathetic), but while I like it thematically, I'm thinking that the incense just comes online too late relatively speaking (starting with +1 attack/damage at lvl 5 or 6 is a bit meh, you wanted that back at lvl 1 - however the 20% concealment from Thick Fog somewhat compensates). So instead of that a 4UC/16AB should work, and then you could use the "sacrifice a spell to bump damage" trick the AB has.

(I wish the Incense had a graphic - could be lovely, kind of a faint wispy cloud.)

Added coolness from UC is that you get weapon finesse for free at lvl 1 and the DEX to damage finesse for free (at lvl 4), as well as INT to the splash sneak damage at lvl 4. It's quite good fun in the first 5 levels, as you're a bit of a jack of all trades (build high DEX and INT, equip the fire shortsword jistka's whatsit, and you can sneak attack melee, sneak attack ranged with a crossbow, and sneak attack with the flasks. It's how to develop the 16AB version further that's the question. 16 lvls of Wizard is ok, but what to do with them?

(Playing Core btw, best balance between breezing through the story and still having to be a little bit careful in the combat.)

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
What is fastest way to get 24hour buffs?
Full arcane caster + merge Lich spellbook or full divine caster+merge Angel spellbook(not sure if it works with Druids).
With lvl 1 Mythic pick Enduring spells - this turns all 1h and 10 min per level into 24h.
With lvl 2 Mythic level pick another Mythic power instead (Greater Enduring spells) - this turns all 1 minute per level in 24h.
Once you reach combined caster lvl 25 and have Extend spell (reduced to cost 0 extra levels) you can turn all your 1 round per level spells into 24h as well.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Full arcane caster + merge Lich spellbook or full divine caster+merge Angel spellbook(not sure if it works with Druids).
With lvl 1 Mythic pick Enduring spells - this turns all 1h and 10 min per level into 24h.
With lvl 2 Mythic level pick another Mythic power instead (Greater Enduring spells) - this turns all 1 minute per level in 24h.
Once you reach combined caster lvl 25 and have Extend spell (reduced to cost 0 extra levels) you can turn all your 1 round per level spells into 24h as well.

25 caster level is usually at what level of character? With Lich/Angel

ArchAngel

Arcane

25 caster level is usually at what level of character? With Lich/Angel
Lich gets free +2 CL for all spells so probably lvl 6/7 Mythic, lvl 16/17 character. About start of Act 5. For Angel probably a bit later.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I meant, its not really angel's power but the mechanic of combined spellbook

Well if you want to semantic, the merged spellbook is an angel power.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom