Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

No thanks bro I'm not gay unless you are cute trap then maybe.
What! Do not worry anon it is okay anon because I am not gay anon but gay is okay anon but I am cute heterosexual human male wife scholar! I am! What! You should Oedipus Complex anon because mommy wifes are bestest wifes anon! It is true anon! It is!

ArchAngel

Arcane
My HE MAN Angel got bored so I cleared the Slave Trade market in Act 4. Slaves didn't run away, I guess they know demons will fill it with new slave traders as soon as I leave the city :D

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3142947039192531779

Update 1.1.5f

Crusaders!

A new patch 1.1.5f is here! We've fixed the issue with Hold Person, Mass, and it will no longer hold you back! We've also fixed crashes upon loading some areas on macOS, and optimized some aspects of the game to improve its performance.

Known issues:

• If you leave Drezen right after Anevia gives you the Night Gamblers quest, it may be impossible to speak with the gamblers and Sosiel when you return. Workaround: speak with them as soon as the quest starts. We will fix this issue in one of the future patches.
  • In Alushinyrra some NPCs may end up underground sometimes. If that happens, save the game and reload it.

Beware of possible plot spoilers!
Quests

• - fixed;
  • Chasing the Spinner of Nightmares now starts with auto-crusade mode on;
  • Demonic Hide-and-Seek quest couldn't be completed correctly, if the search for Lexicon of Paradox had been skipped - fixed;
  • Fixed an error which prevented the player from dumping Sosiel;
  • Fixed an error which prevented the player from exiting Sosiel's gallery;
  • Fixed the romance scene with Sosiel in chapter 3;
  • - fixed;
  • Insisting on sex with Sosiel after the event with card could result in the game freezing - fixed;
  • Some meetings in the throne room for the Azata path could move from chapter 3 to chapter 5 - fixed;
  • Using coup de grace against Trever in Battlebliss could lock you on the arena - fixed.

Areas

• At Martyr Zacharius's Cemetery there was a black entrance into one of the buildings - fixed;
  • Characters couldn't leave the elevator platform in Colyphyr Mines after loading a save - fixed;
  • In Azata's court a twin of Kel Five Knives could appear - fixed;
  • In Midnight Fane, a starting cut-scene could get interrupted, which could cause issues with this part of the game - fixed;
  • In the Ineluctable Prison players could get stuck sometimes while mounted in the warden's room, where there was a lot of furniture - fixed;
  • In the Ineluctable Prison two enemies could occupy the same spot sometimes - fixed;
  • Martyr Zacharius's Cemetery area has been optimized for CPU, fixed issues with walking through fences, fixed camera movements, and decorative objects on the floor no longer dissolve when the character walks over them;
  • Minor improvements in the visuals of Alushinyrra Middle City;
  • Once again we told Sosiel to use the correct easel in Drezen;
  • There was a secret passage in the Ineluctable Prison a Mythic Demon could use in chapter 5, and it caused some issues. Other demons found that passage and made sure you won't be able to use it again in chapter 5;
  • We revoked the citizenship of the rolling boulders in the Ivory Sanctum and the Ineluctable Prison.

Crusade

• Army markers at the borders of the screen used to hide behind the UI elements - fixed;
  • Black Spot didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Flames of the Abyss was applying to the wrong target - fixed;
  • Global buffs were not displayed in the crusade management mode - fixed;
  • Twincast now works according to description;
  • Unexpected Maneuver now works according to description;
  • Visual effect of Blade of the Inheritor is shown correctly now;
  • Visual effect of Boulder is shown correctly now.

Classes & Mechanics

• Arcanist Nature Mage couldn't merge their spellbook with Lich at Mythic Level 3 - fixed;
  • Bloodrager with bloodline Draconic — Black used to get Ascension on the first level instead of claws - fixed;
  • Enemy marked as a Scapegoat wasn't getting a 10% spell failure chance - fixed;
  • Greater Aeon's Bane made an additional attack instead of just increasing the damage - fixed;
  • Hold Person, Mass didn't work correctly, and the status applied even if a saving throw against it was successful - fixed;
  • Mythic Brew Potions feat didn't require Brew Potions feat - fixed;
  • Scaled Fist Armor Bonus was lower than it should have been - fixed;
  • Spells of Dirge Bard sometimes worked incorrectly on the undead - fixed;
  • Swarm Infest didn't automatically devour the target - fixed;
  • Swarm That Walks and Gold Dragon had wrong mythic ability and mythic feat progressions - fixed, but retraining will be required for correct work;
  • Swarm That Walks didn't have the immunity to paralysis effects on level 9 - fixed;
  • The Heroes Never Surrender spell didn't restore spell slots or abilities - fixed.

Turn-based mode

• Torlek didn't leave combat in some situations - fixed.

Items

• Additional fixes for Half of the Pair;
  • Ring of Sacred Touch's additional healing from touch spells didn't work - fixed;
  • Robe of Mephistopheles didn't work as intended - fixed;
  • Skeletal Finger allowed to quicken unsupported spells, didn't deplete charges in that case. Furthermore, it used up charges when casting for standard action - fixed;
  • Source of Dividing Power's unholy quality could not be used - fixed;
  • The mechanics of Promise of Greatness has been reworked.

UI

• After acquiring all possible bonus feats, the next level up could become blocked - fixed;
  • Legend's XP was displayed incorrectly - fixed.

Misс

• Fixed an issue with retraining a character into a class with an animal companion and using a pre-made build;
  • Fixed macOS version getting stuck on loading sometimes;
  • Fixed the crash when using Scorching Ray with Ring of Pyromania and Sarenrae's Blessing effect;
  • Fixed the issue with the loot not showing when the dismembered corpse is too far;
  • Mounted animal companions refused to exit areas - fixed;
  • Various optimizations to reduce memory consumption, especially on low-memory configurations.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
So why do people hate this game now? I think I am out of the loop.

Wasn't everyone looking forward to it?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Define "people".

Also keep in mind that even some of those who supposedly hate WotR have already played it multiple times. I think this proves that, despite its glaring and obvious flaws, this game does something right (or that Codex users are batshit crazy and love to play games they don't enjoy).

panda

Savant
I'd say the hype wave was too strong and pushed expectations to sky high levels. Objective flaws are rather mild(SJW overdose, bugs, rushed endgame content), while properly finished parts are exceptionally good.
And there is always that thing about haters which you shoud keep in mind:
haters gonna hate

Yosharian

Arcane
The game still isn't in a properly playable state if you are seeking to use certain classes or paths. I'm still waiting on a fix for the Loremaster spell secrets ability, for example, which is a core part of my planned MC build.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
It's unfinished like most rpgs. But it is still loved on codex and will probably be goty and end up high on the next top 100 list. Every game gets hate on here.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Only few misfits hate it, usually those that play Grimoire.. or Cyberpunk.. one of those two.

Well, I did play Cyberpunk and love WotR. Although I do acknowledge many big issues Cyberpunk has. The graphics design, art direction, gun animations and sounds are superb IMO, though. The city design nothing short of impressive too (even if some major simplifications exist).

Regarding WotR, I had hoped it'd be significantly better then Kingmaker - and it is not IMO. Still, both are some of the best games I've ever played, so its ok.

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

I am geting constantly discouraged, overwhlelemed, and sometimes aggravated or disguested by some of the game's features. But I am returning. The sum of the features to love is quite larger. For the ceiling cat's sake! It's a huge, isometric RPG true to the core!

ArchAngel

Arcane

I am geting constantly discouraged, overwhlelemed, and sometimes aggravated or disguested by some of the game's features. But I am returning. The sum of the features to love is quite larger. For the ceiling cat's sake! It's a huge, isometric RPG true to the core!
Only thing killing my enjoyment is performance in Act 4
Abyss city.
When my FPS drops under 10 in some situations I want to quit playing.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite

Only thing killing my enjoyment is performance in Act 4
Abyss city.
When my FPS drops under 10 in some situations I want to quit playing.

The Fleshmarket fight as Azata is particular PAINFUL. Not only is quite hard but the frame drops are insane.

Outmind

Augur
Quick question before jumping into the game - which class should I not pick because the companion that has it is worth getting for their story / quests / development?

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Quick question before jumping into the game - which class should I not pick because the companion that has it is worth getting for their story / quests / development?
I don't think is worth picking any Physical Ranged class , like Hunter or Ranger because you have like 3 possible companions that are build in mind for Ranged combat and one of them is really good. Wizard/Sorcerer too because Nenio, the only full arcane caster in the game is fucking boring and annoying as fuck. I hate her.

Other than that , i think all others classes are perfectly fine and don't overlap too much with the companions because of your Mythic path make you unique enough.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Paladin companion is good enough in its role. If not there is a good enough fighter substitute. Rogue caster is also good enough. There are two good healers (one can be made into caster or melee as seconday, other one can also be good offensive caster focused on holy damage and fire). Pure arcane caster is very good. Shaman is well made melee offensive character, also cool background. Witch is good fire or lightning offensive caster and also decent healer/buffer. Slayer character is meh in combat, you can probably make a much better Slayer. There are 3 different Archers, all 3 are good in their roles I guess. Monk version is probably least useful in my experience.
If you pick Lich, you can also replace most of those companions with new silent Undead companions with no quests.

ArchAngel

Arcane
BTW, I was thinking of doing some Druid run. Would you recommend Azata or Aeon for that? I would prefer to focus on shapeshifting or summoning instead of damaging spells.
Between Nenio, Ember and Daeran you have enough offensive spell casters.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
BTW, I was thinking of doing some Druid run. Would you recommend Azata or Aeon for that? I would prefer to focus on shapeshifting or summoning instead of damaging spells.
Between Nenio, Ember and Daeran you have enough offensive spell casters.
If you go for summoning, Aeon 100%. Aeon has some great stuff for Summoning characters because of Aeon Gaze and Bane.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom