Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Quick question before jumping into the game - which class should I not pick because the companion that has it is worth getting for their story / quests / development?
Thieves and / or thieving skills for one suppose. Also ranged combat chars are pretty in abundance.

Unasked-for advice - if you are not into the masochism, don't pick flat Alchemist or Bombardier in this Pathfinder. At least not from the beginning.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Quick question before jumping into the game - which class should I not pick because the companion that has it is worth getting for their story / quests / development?
Thieves and / or thieving skills for one suppose. Also ranged combat chars are pretty in abundance.

Unasked-for advice - if you are not into the masochism, don't pick flat Alchemist or Bombardier in this Pathfinder. At least not from the beginning.
There is plenty of human enemies early that have no fire resistance and at mythic 1 you can pick that you ignore fire immunity and resistances. You are allowed to use a Heavy Crossbow vs demons until you get Mythic 1. Early you need same feats for both anyways.

Outmind

Augur

Wow, really? I played the last one with a bomb-focused alchemist and had a blast teehee.

ArchAngel

Arcane
BTW, I was thinking of doing some Druid run. Would you recommend Azata or Aeon for that? I would prefer to focus on shapeshifting or summoning instead of damaging spells.
Between Nenio, Ember and Daeran you have enough offensive spell casters.
If you go for summoning, Aeon 100%. Aeon has some great stuff for Summoning characters because of Aeon Gaze and Bane.
I am just looking at Druid subclasses and they didn't add anything that has any special summoning bonues, for that it seems it is still best to be cleric subclass or that Inquisitor one.
But Elemental Rampager seems interesting for melee and shapeshifting. Its bonuses go up to +5 while rampanging, I don't know it you lose access to spells with it is active and if you can use Mythic ability that gives you unlimited amount of rampaging. And it has no pet so maybe the Azata pet is a good match :D

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Wow, really? I played the last one with a bomb-focused alchemist and had a blast teehee.

There is plenty of human enemies early that have no fire resistance and at mythic 1 you can pick that you ignore fire immunity and resistances. You are allowed to use a Heavy Crossbow vs demons until you get Mythic 1. Early you need same feats for both anyways.

Well, what can I say. Good for you. My playthrough with him was pretty drudging for many initial hours. Combat-wise an unsignificant archer, an off-caster, but his main - bombs - useless in 1/2 of encounters due to those all-energy-resists of most demons. Yes, until the Mythic or higher levels, good point, thank you. But that doesn't come really that early and I didn't know. After the battle, everyone is a general...

My thinking wasn't a good one, I agree. I mutliclassed early to make up for the bombs. One error upon another. Extensive respec later isn't always a fun prospect, and I suppose I am hardly the only one who found out something rather useless only too late. The bomber isn't that clear, pure, easy-fun damage-mayhem as it was in P:K unless given a quite considerate approach from the beginning. A paradox really. Hence my advice.

razvedchiki

Magister
what are the best weapons per category atm? like in kingmaker 2handed axes were rguably the best 2handed choice because of their excellent progression and availability.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Well, what can I say. Good for you. My playthrough with him was pretty drudging for many initial hours. Combat-wise an unsignificant archer, an off-caster, but his main - bombs - useless in 1/2 of encounters due to those all-energy-resists of most demons. Yes, until the Mythic or higher levels, good point, thank you. But that doesn't come really that early and I didn't know. After the battle, everyone is a general...

My thinking wasn't a good one, I agree. I mutliclassed early to make up for the bombs. One error upon another. Extensive respec later isn't always a fun prospect, and I suppose I am hardly the only one who found out something rather useless only too late. The bomber isn't that clear, pure, easy-fun damage-mayhem as it was in P:K unless given a quite considerate approach from the beginning. A paradox really. Hence my advice.
You are saying this like my Lich Necro was much better at early levels. Cause Fear is one guy and does nothing if they save. Elemental spells are worse than bombs, you are basically casting Grease and Web as Necro until you get to Mythic levels so you can get abundance spell and have enough lvl 2 slots to slot in lots of Bone spells. And then you run into undead that are immune to that spell... so buhuhu. And you don't even get good then, you are basically a subpar caster until you get to Mythic 3 and can merge spellbooks and get access to Lich spells.

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

You are saying this like my Lich Necro was much better at early levels. Cause Fear is one guy and does nothing if they save. Elemental spells are worse than bombs, you are basically casting Grease and Web as Necro until you get to Mythic levels so you can get abundance spell and have enough lvl 2 slots to slot in lots of Bone spells. And then you run into undead that are immune to that spell... so buhuhu. And you don't even get good then, you are basically a subpar caster until you get to Mythic 3 and can merge spellbooks and get access to Lich spells.
You have my respects then. But please understand, that only a few people who play RPG are RPG-Sheldons and thus such approaches are far from being standard.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
what are the best weapons per category atm? like in kingmaker 2handed axes were rguably the best 2handed choice because of their excellent progression and availability.

Glaive seems the one with the best, earliest and regular progress.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
New patch 1.1.5f

Update 1.1.5f
Crusaders!

A new patch 1.1.5f is here! We've fixed the issue with
Hold Person, Mass
, and it will no longer hold you back! We've also
fixed crashes
upon loading some areas
on macOS
, and optimized some aspects of the game to improve its performance.

Known issues:

• If you leave Drezen right after Anevia gives you the Night Gamblers quest, it may be impossible to speak with the gamblers and Sosiel when you return. Workaround: speak with them as soon as the quest starts. We will fix this issue in one of the future patches.
  • In Alushinyrra some NPCs may end up underground sometimes. If that happens, save the game and reload it.

Beware of possible plot spoilers!

Quests

• - fixed;
  • Chasing the Spinner of Nightmares now starts with auto-crusade mode on;
  • Demonic Hide-and-Seek quest couldn't be completed correctly, if the search for Lexicon of Paradox had been skipped - fixed;
  • Fixed an error which prevented the player from dumping Sosiel;
  • Fixed an error which prevented the player from exiting Sosiel's gallery;
  • Fixed the romance scene with Sosiel in chapter 3;
  • - fixed;
  • Insisting on sex with Sosiel after the event with card could result in the game freezing - fixed;
  • Some meetings in the throne room for the Azata path could move from chapter 3 to chapter 5 - fixed;
  • Using coup de grace against Trever in Battlebliss could lock you on the arena - fixed.

Areas

• At Martyr Zacharius's Cemetery there was a black entrance into one of the buildings - fixed;
  • Characters couldn't leave the elevator platform in Colyphyr Mines after loading a save - fixed;
  • In Azata's court a twin of Kel Five Knives could appear - fixed;
  • In Midnight Fane, a starting cut-scene could get interrupted, which could cause issues with this part of the game - fixed;
  • In the Ineluctable Prison players could get stuck sometimes while mounted in the warden's room, where there was a lot of furniture - fixed;
  • In the Ineluctable Prison two enemies could occupy the same spot sometimes - fixed;
  • Martyr Zacharius's Cemetery area has been optimized for CPU, fixed issues with walking through fences, fixed camera movements, and decorative objects on the floor no longer dissolve when the character walks over them;
  • Minor improvements in the visuals of Alushinyrra Middle City;
  • Once again we told Sosiel to use the correct easel in Drezen;
  • There was a secret passage in the Ineluctable Prison a Mythic Demon could use in chapter 5, and it caused some issues. Other demons found that passage and made sure you won't be able to use it again in chapter 5;
  • We revoked the citizenship of the rolling boulders in the Ivory Sanctum and the Ineluctable Prison.

Crusade

• Army markers at the borders of the screen used to hide behind the UI elements - fixed;
  • Black Spot didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Flames of the Abyss was applying to the wrong target - fixed;
  • Global buffs were not displayed in the crusade management mode - fixed;
  • Twincast now works according to description;
  • Unexpected Maneuver now works according to description;
  • Visual effect of Blade of the Inheritor is shown correctly now;
  • Visual effect of Boulder is shown correctly now.

Classes & Mechanics

• Arcanist Nature Mage couldn't merge their spellbook with Lich at Mythic Level 3 - fixed;
  • Bloodrager with bloodline Draconic — Black used to get Ascension on the first level instead of claws - fixed;
  • Enemy marked as a Scapegoat wasn't getting a 10% spell failure chance - fixed;
  • Greater Aeon's Bane made an additional attack instead of just increasing the damage - fixed;
  • Hold Person, Mass didn't work correctly, and the status applied even if a saving throw against it was successful - fixed;
  • Mythic Brew Potions feat didn't require Brew Potions feat - fixed;
  • Scaled Fist Armor Bonus was lower than it should have been - fixed;
  • Spells of Dirge Bard sometimes worked incorrectly on the undead - fixed;
  • Swarm Infest didn't automatically devour the target - fixed;
  • Swarm That Walks and Gold Dragon had wrong mythic ability and mythic feat progressions - fixed, but retraining will be required for correct work;
  • Swarm That Walks didn't have the immunity to paralysis effects on level 9 - fixed;
  • The Heroes Never Surrender spell didn't restore spell slots or abilities - fixed.
Turn-based mode
  • Torlek didn't leave combat in some situations - fixed.
Items
  • Additional fixes for Half of the Pair;
  • Ring of Sacred Touch's additional healing from touch spells didn't work - fixed;
  • Robe of Mephistopheles didn't work as intended - fixed;
  • Skeletal Finger allowed to quicken unsupported spells, didn't deplete charges in that case. Furthermore, it used up charges when casting for standard action - fixed;
  • Source of Dividing Power's unholy quality could not be used - fixed;
  • The mechanics of Promise of Greatness has been reworked.
UI
  • After acquiring all possible bonus feats, the next level up could become blocked - fixed;
  • Legend's XP was displayed incorrectly - fixed.
Misс
  • Fixed an issue with retraining a character into a class with an animal companion and using a pre-made build;
  • Fixed macOS version getting stuck on loading sometimes;
  • Fixed the crash when using Scorching Ray with Ring of Pyromania and Sarenrae's Blessing effect;
  • Fixed the issue with the loot not showing when the dismembered corpse is too far;
  • Mounted animal companions refused to exit areas - fixed;
  • Various optimizations to reduce memory consumption, especially on low-memory configurations.

Insisting on sex with Sosiel after the event with card could result in the game freezing - fixed;

Yes! Finally.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Greataxes, notable scythe, falchion, scimitars, handaxes.
In general more weapon categories seem viable this time. But still weapons with best crit properties tend to be strongest. Particularly with Mythic Improved Critical and possibly Trickster critical feats.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Why 'meh' Haplo
The first +3 melee 2 hander drop you get is a glaive, so is +5.

Guess so. Early Marching Terror is good also.
But IMO its kind of a trap choice, due to the rather poor crit properties of this category.

They also don't have as strong properties as some other weapons.

Riel

Arcane
Ironically the answer to your pain is not so far from this:
PSA: Best DPS is INT 8 wizard with 18 strength and a STAFF, it gets STR 1.5 dmg bonus :bounce:

GOOD STR+CHA SCALED FIST 1 -> SORCERER 4 -> DRAGON DISCIPLE 4 -> Then either more SORC or ARCANE KNIGHT.
I'm just by chapter II and so far I am deleting stuff with Glaive, lol. I swear some day I will be a lich necromancer
:evilcodex::dealwithit:

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Scythe is good if ur willing to cast a greater magic weapon spell since you get a scythe where every attack is an aoe. Same with grave singer greataxe in act 3 which has 18-20 crit range and cleanses cc once per encounter.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Nikanuur I wonder if you could make a guide or a video tutorial "How to make one of the best archetypes useless" using Grenadier or Alchemists in general.
Keep wondering, but it won't delete those insecurities that made you into this passively-aggresive asshole you show yourself to be so often.

Giving advise when you have no clue what you are talking about is also not that nice behaviour.
So look at yourself, before looking at others.

Technomancer

Liturgist
  • Swarm That Walks had wrong mythic ability and mythic feat progressions - fixed, but retraining will be required for correct work;
What was fixed? Maybe clone comes sooner?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok I forgot to kill Playfull Darkness on my way to Abyss. So now I returned from it at start of Act 5 and you don't have a party so I say fuck it, lets try him solo. So lvl 18 HE Man and Battlecat with lvl 7 Angel powers vs PF and his buddies. I only needed one reload to summon some azatas from the tankard so on round one he sneak attacks them to death instead of Battlecat :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
BTW more devs bugs or retard decisions. Seems your allied SR protects vs allied spells or it is a bug with armor Seelah wears. She has some armor that gives her 23 SR and Sosiel keeps rolling low on his check and failing support spells lol

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://fextralife.com/2021-fexy-awards-the-best-games-of-2021/

2021 Fexy Awards – The Best Games Of 2021
best-storytelling-game-awards-2021.png

Best Storytelling: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is one of the biggest RPGs we’ve played in years. Not only is the Combat complex and deep, but the Story itself is also monumental, thereby taking our Best Storytelling Award! The game focuses on your battles against demons who have invaded the world of Golarion together with the tough choices you have to make along the way. You either give in to the temptation, or rise to be a hero.

Every decision you make is important because they heavily sway the direction of your playthrough in terms of the Mythic Abilities you gain. You’ll also bear witness to how the narrative unfolds, which could lead to more bloodshed depending on your actions. What makes these adventures all the more engaging is the Companions you’ll meet and recruit along the way because of their motivations and different personalities. Read our Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Review for more details.

Best-Storytelling-Pathfinder-Wrath-of-the-Righteous-2021-Fexy-Game-Awards-640x360.jpg

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
still cant believe glory domain gives you an untyped +20 bonus to charisma

this fucking game

From your wording I'm guessing its not limited to
"a single Charisma-based skill check or Charisma ability check"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom