Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

purupuru

Learned
Certain things (like cornugon smash I believe) will use it up, but otherwise it just stays there and boosts your AC, saves, etc.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is there a divine caster that uses Charisma to cast spells and can use Glory Domain? If not, maybe some Cleric/Sorcerer/Mystic Theurge with Lich merge spellbooks so you can get access to Wierd and murder everyone with one cast :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
If you play in a party that doesn't even matter, as its not a Personal power.
I guess you could give this second domain to Sosiel and then make yourself this Gnome Charisma caster using Illusion magic to murder everyone. I guess with that bonus you can already be killing targets with Phantasmal killer and those other illusions spells that web them or put them to sleep will have unbreakable DCs.

Yosharian

Arcane
still cant believe glory domain gives you an untyped +20 bonus to charisma

this fucking game

From your wording I'm guessing its not limited to
"a single Charisma-based skill check or Charisma ability check"?
Touch of Glory gives the target half your class level (in the class that gave you the domain) as an untyped bonus to Charisma. So with 20 levels in Cleric for example you get a +10 bonus to the target's CHA.

It's one of the reasons I made Lann into an Inquisitor 20 for my planned party, so my MC can reach 50 CHA.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
From https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo-domains/glory-domain/:
Touch of Glory (Sp): You can cause your hand to shimmer with divine radiance, allowing you to touch a creature as a standard action and give it a bonus equal to your cleric level on a single Charisma-based skill check or Charisma ability check. This ability lasts for 1 hour or until the creature touched elects to apply the bonus to a roll. You can use this ability to grant the bonus a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
From what is written here it seems like an hour long Guidance. Meaning when it is in effect, you have nice numbers, but the first active action removes it. The first attack after Smite Evil, for example.

On the other hand, it is unclear how it works when rolls are done against the values that depend on Charisma, like AC and DC. So for a Paladin it might last longer than the first enemy attack, and for a Weird killer it might work for more than one spell.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It requires testing, though. An attack of the smitten enemy should use up the bonus, every auto intimidate check should use it up as well.

On a different note: even considering full voice over as cancer, I would like to have the party banter during the rest either fully voiced or fully written.

ArchAngel

Arcane
From https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo-domains/glory-domain/:
Touch of Glory (Sp): You can cause your hand to shimmer with divine radiance, allowing you to touch a creature as a standard action and give it a bonus equal to your cleric level on a single Charisma-based skill check or Charisma ability check. This ability lasts for 1 hour or until the creature touched elects to apply the bonus to a roll. You can use this ability to grant the bonus a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
From what is written here it seems like an hour long Guidance. Meaning when it is in effect, you have nice numbers, but the first active action removes it. The first attack after Smite Evil, for example.

On the other hand, it is unclear how it works when rolls are done against the values that depend on Charisma, like AC and DC. So for a Paladin it might last longer than the first enemy attack, and for a Weird killer it might work for more than one spell.
This description sounds like it should not work with spell DCs. Spells are different than charisma ability checks.
If it works and for a longer time, this is basically an exploit.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have been planning my melee shapeshifter azata elemental rager druid and character seems interesting. The idea is to be shapeshifted into Smilodon for 5 attacks and pounce. Maybe into Dragons once I get Shapechange (he is large enough so you don't need need Pounce to reach enemies). Rager and azata give you awesome bonuses to attack and damage (+5 attack and damage from rager and +10 morale from azata). You can normally cast spells while raging but you cannot make it last forever like barbarian rage.
Druid has a decent number of buffs that I can make last 24 hours and work on you in shapeshifted form. By high levels you can have 45 or more attack bonus with Mythic Power Attack active without flanking bonuses. 5 attacks with same attack bonus, and permanent Haste from Azata. You do 150-200 damage per turn without criticals while being immune to almost everything. And with having permanent Frightnening Form you can also use Shatter Defenses all the time vs many enemies. This was without using specialty items for such a fighting style that I sold over the game (I tested this in my current run by making a lvl 18 druid mercenary). Only question is if I keep using Thiefling as base race that gives +2 Str +2 Win and gives you a bite which is useful until you can get your smilodon form as elemental rager gets 2 claw attacks naturally and this is 50% more damage for first 8 levels or so. Or maybe there is a better race for later that is more useful for Smilodon/Dragon Form.
Also I found out if you equip a shield before changing form into smilodon or anything you keep the shield bonus but feats that gives bonus shield bonus do not work and spells that boost shield bonus also don't work. Still a nice and free +7 bonus to AC for late game :D

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
On my Angel Cleric crusader (crusader the archetype) with merged spellbook I did not recive any new spell slots at level 16 and 17. For example I think I should have got 1 for level 8 at level 16, and 1 slot for level 6 at level 17. Any clue? (I have abundant, improvend abundant and greater abudant casting).

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
On my Angel Cleric crusader (crusader the archetype) with merged spellbook I did not recive any new spell slots at level 16 and 17. For example I think I should have got 1 for level 8 at level 16, and 1 slot for level 6 at level 17. Any clue? (I have abundant, improvend abundant and greater abudant casting).
Compared to what? Pen and paper? it might be different in the game.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

First of all not receiving new spell slots for 2 levels seems... suspect. But anyway if I go in the class tab in the character page, it says i should get 1 level 8 slot at 16 and 1 level 6 slot at 17 hence my confusion.

Could it be because having merged spellbook my CL is like 22, so I should check lvl 22 spell slot table instead?

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

First of all not receiving new spell slots for 2 levels seems... suspect. But anyway if I go in the class tab in the character page, it says i should get 1 level 8 slot at 16 and 1 level 6 slot at 17 hence my confusion.

Could it be because having merged spellbook my CL is like 22, so I should check lvl 22 spell slot table instead?
After CL 20 you no longer get any new spell slots if I remember well.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
PSA that Visual Adjustments is now also following the fashion of having in-game UIs. It has most of the functionality of the Unity mod in the game now in the inventory screen, and it's really easy to use, you can tailor the looks of your characters to your heart's content.

Not only that, but you can completely get rid of the standard outfit thingy and set the char's base as nude, and add exactly what you want. You can also hide any or all of the worn armors, mythic look, etc.

Some of the tabards are rather fetching and schmexy for female characters. I'm quite pleased with the results for my Tiefling Vivi :)

nkX9FVj.jpg

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
PSA that Visual Adjustments is now also following the fashion of having in-game UIs. It has most of the functionality of the Unity mod in the game now in the inventory screen, and it's really easy to use, you can tailor the looks of your characters to your heart's content.

Not only that, but you can completely get rid of the standard outfit thingy and set the char's base as nude, and add exactly what you want. You can also hide any or all of the worn armors, mythic look, etc.

Some of the tabards are rather fetching and schmexy for female characters. I'm quite pleased with the results for my Tiefling Vivi :)

nkX9FVj.jpg

Damn... what armor is this? :bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom