Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does DR in fact protect from Vicious? I don't think it's supposed to.

Also stacking rules in this game meant I was suffering from over 20 damage per Vicious swing (it was also boosted by modifiers, such as Spirited Charge and maybe Sword of Heavens too).
I stopped using that Vicious fauchard very quickly.

Humbaba

Arcane
- How many enemies are immune to Hideous Laughter exactly ? Half of the time, even when the target fails its saving throw, it's not affected in any way.

- It's kind of sad that, in any given battle, 95% of enemy casualties are caused by my general casting Scorching Ray.

Lots of enemies are immune to lots of stuff, meaning that relying on debuffs is a bad strategy. Focus on buffing yourself instead.

And yes magic is completely busted but we've been over this.

Reina

Arcane
Okay, so I've came back to this game after my previous playthrough got stuck in early ch4. Cleric-Angel feels nice, merged spellbooks FTW. However, I can't shake a feeling the game is actually way more buggy than it was on the release.

-Freezes on loading new area are now a menace
-As amazing merged spellbook is, the game fails to classify some spells as domain ones... I have two unused spellslots because of that damn bug, and on pretty high levels.
-Several mythic path spells have blatantly wrong description (wards in particular) or lack crucial information (i.e. wherever spell is standard or swift action)
-Sometimes, my healing mythic ability would instead damage companion. I thought it's because I'm healing Arue or evil-aligned character, but no, Seelah can get treacherously backstabbed by my angel mc too :)
-How many times I clicked an enemy to attack, and my character just ran past him in TB mode? There's no way I'm missclicking things all the time.

I'm surprised they still didn't rebalance the crusade mode, it's still slogfest with low lethality. Luckily, toybox mod and 10x game speed makes this part bearable.

Lots of enemies are immune to lots of stuff,

And enemy saving throws are damn too high. My poor Ember has become Evil-Eye dispenser, since all other hexes are easily shrugged by everything beyond starting areas.

Humbaba

Arcane
Lots of enemies are immune to lots of stuff,

And enemy saving throws are damn too high. My poor Ember has become Evil-Eye dispenser, since all other hexes are easily shrugged by everything beyond starting areas.

That is also true, which is why you should work towards turning Ember into a nuker, not a disabler, Nenio's better suited for that one with her illusion focus. There's many items that buff ranged touch attacks and fire damage. Hellfire ray will become a weapon of choice against bosses. The only hex you're gonna be using by the endgame is death curse, maybe deep slumber in certain situations.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Funny you should say that. I kinda felt the same a lot of the time till Act V. So it was really necessary to have varied forms of CC and focus on enemy weaknesses (they typically have some, but you may not have the desired spell). But now in act V, enemy saves seem often pitifully low somehow.

Nothing wrong with Evil Eye, though. Its definitely one of her best powers.

RunningWolf

Learned
My experience on hard is that enemies you can CC are usually die to strong melee in a round anyway.
tvxssfD.jpeg
And enemies that cant die in a round - usually cant be CC'd due to insane saves(i think Maugla had saves in 30s in act 2). Relying even on weakest saves you're just inviting reloads. At that point its better to summon meat-shields and kill them with reliable melee.

havox

Novice
good luck if you left Soulshear at home
There is a way to cheese that area without adamantine weapons using skinned leather cloak (-2CON for 1d4 rounds on a fort DC29 save)
You can lure enemies to a ladder using large offscreen aoes, the top corner is just barely outside maurauders absolutely ridiculous melee reach (poor Daeran had 1 pixel stuck out too far and paid for it dearly), enemy AI is too braindead to break line of sight. My severely underpowered party had to roll a 20 to land a hit and then roll a 1 on the fort save to apply the -CON debuff, and the game only checks first attack of the round for applying it, so it took me a few hours, but eventually all the marauders reached 0CON and croaked.
V734dDy.jpg

Efe

Erudite
they don't take damage and it doesn't stop the regen.
you had to put coup de grace on autocast with a 2-hander and hope they dont roll high on save.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I've made it to the end of Act 3 on Core diff, and I can't help but feel like this game is worse than Kingmaker in most ways.

There's definitely been some improvement in the overall UI and feel of combat, and a built-in turn-based mode is appreciated, but the quality seems to be dropping with each new area I go to. Acts 1 and 2 seemed decent enough with some interesting encounters and set-pieces, but Act 3 has been just a mindless combat slog through uninspired dungeons, and the Kingdom management layer has somehow become more inconsequential and annoying than Kingmaker's. I was hoping they'd learn a few lessons from that disaster, but apparently it was just to double down. The HoMM clone was fun at first, but is ultimately so easy and shallow as to be mostly pointless. The writing is both overly verbose and largely uninteresting, leading to me clicking through large portions of dialog and not really feeling like I missed much.

I guess my question is, does Act 4 improve, or am I better off just cutting my losses at this point.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
you had to put coup de grace on autocast with a 2-hander and hope they dont roll high on save.

Or, you know, bring an adamantine weapon. Enough to have it on 1 character, who will give mercy to the enemies plastered over the floor.
Soulshear is guaranteed, but as I did it very late in Act 3, I think I had some 2 others laying around.

I guess Crippling Strike from a Rogue, Vivisectionist or Slayer could also do the job in a reasonable time.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
So I've made it to the end of Act 3 on Core diff, and I can't help but feel like this game is worse than Kingmaker in most ways.

There's definitely been some improvement in the overall UI and feel of combat, and a built-in turn-based mode is appreciated, but the quality seems to be dropping with each new area I go to. Acts 1 and 2 seemed decent enough with some interesting encounters and set-pieces, but Act 3 has been just a mindless combat slog through uninspired dungeons, and the Kingdom management layer has somehow become more inconsequential and annoying than Kingmaker's. I was hoping they'd learn a few lessons from that disaster, but apparently it was just to double down. The HoMM clone was fun at first, but is ultimately so easy and shallow as to be mostly pointless. The writing is both overly verbose and largely uninteresting, leading to me clicking through large portions of dialog and not really feeling like I missed much.

I guess my question is, does Act 4 improve, or am I better off just cutting my losses at this point.

Well, Act IV is a change of pace for sure. Some people like it more. I am not one of those people. But do try it. It is quite interesting at least.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Fake news. It does indeed stop the regen. Using electricity was the only way to kill the "repurposed" succubus during my lich playthrough.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

It's only going to get more tedious.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Are you guys on meds or something? It says the same shit now and reddit post it was taken was also from 2/3 days ago.
I played through Blackwater yesterday it was fine, the inspect screen didn't list the electricity immunity. It's possible however they manually modified every cyberdemon in there and forgot one or two.

Must be only the description, every monster was killable with electricity spells a few weeks ago.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are you guys on meds or something? It says the same shit now and reddit post it was taken was also from 2/3 days ago.
I played through Blackwater yesterday it was fine, the inspect screen didn't list the electricity immunity. It's possible however they manually modified every cyberdemon in there and forgot one or two.
I sincerely hope that Owlcat Games have better coding practices.

Humbaba

Arcane

If you didn't like the dungeons in act 3 then I don't think the ones coming after that point will impress you either. Act 4 will take you to an interesting location but your mileage may vary, some people really like that area, I am personally lukewarm on it tbh.

I wouldn't say the crusade system is inconsequential, seeing as you can get a couple of nice items out of it at the very least.

The writing will remain quite wordy but I feel like it improves a bit between act 1 and 5. But this might be because at this point you learn which dialogue options give you nothing but meaningless flavour text and that you should avoid those.

Removal

Scholar
Act 4 is evidence that owlcat did no QA testing of any kind. It thematically works but has horrific gameplay

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom