Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
, probably with mandatory RTX
That would kill the game. Not everyone has a fancy Nvidia GPU or are willing to fork over 500 bucks to play a 60 dollar game. That is, ironically, console mentality.
It wouldn't even solve the main issues; no amount of shiny textures is going to fix the bugs or gameplay issues.

RunningWolf

Learned
Another benefit of the mount is the armor you can wear on harder difficulties. Since your AC matters little, its one of the few builds where its beneficial to wear armor for its non AC properties. Armor of comradery you get in ACT2 for example is +4 damage at all times which is basically free Greater Weapon Specialization that works for all weapons and natural attacks. Most regular melee builds cant wear something so low AC on Hard and Unfair, at least with how i play.

Chaoneu

Novice
For 7 - 10 lvl, armor of comradery have pretty good ac + max agil. In late game, + 4 dmg not so stunning either.

Thonius

Arcane
Why would they delay it the day before release? You stupid fucks at least give it a week or so

Delaying anything a day before release is an extremely bad sign and tells me that they fucked the DLC beyond the reasons given. Like bruh, you're the delaying the game because of "balance"? And you only noticed just NOW? Cmon, fat.

Mad Dog Barbarian is better with how mounted combat is implemented.

Yet another hot take, along with "mutation warrior is bad because no armor training"
They got hacked by swen I mean rusty and lost all progress on dlc

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
Another benefit of the mount is the armor you can wear on harder difficulties. Since your AC matters little, its one of the few builds where its beneficial to wear armor for its non AC properties. Armor of comradery you get in ACT2 for example is +4 damage at all times which is basically free Greater Weapon Specialization that works for all weapons and natural attacks. Most regular melee builds cant wear something so low AC on Hard and Unfair, at least with how i play.
Teamwork feats are epic for mounts. The problem is weak res to charms and all sort of mind controls. If you fall of the mount - rip.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Teamwork feats are epic for mounts. The problem is weak res to charms and all sort of mind controls. If you fall of the mount - rip.
Lvl 8 priest spells give everyone in AoE immunity to most charms and will based spells so it does not matter for late game.

Thonius

Arcane
Lvl 8 priest spells give everyone in AoE immunity to most charms and will based spells so it does not matter for late game.
Yeah, but dying to your own mount is eh... not cool.

RunningWolf

Learned
Mind control of mounts was resolved with the item mentioned above.
Bookworm circle is prety good for Animal companion. Imunity to mind control + 2 int for feats

Also i still take Last Stand even on a mounted class because sometimes enemies have bursts of brilliant AI and target you instead of the mount. Last Stand prevents 90% of reloads in the game in my experience. Best mythic ability by far, because while it doesn't make you stronger it saves a ton of real life time.

Lhynn

Arcane
As well as we know that Crom lives beneath the everlasting sky and is weaker than it.

Now I'm wondering if a Barb/Rogue build could work out.
You know what could work? A blood rager/Vivisectionist or slayer.

Chaoneu

Novice
Also i still take Last Stand even on a mounted class because sometimes enemies have bursts of brilliant AI and target you instead of the mount. Last Stand prevents 90% of reloads in the game in my experience. Best mythic ability by far, because while it doesn't make you stronger it saves a ton of real life time.
That happenes if target, enemy attacked, goes out of range/die/disappear - 1 round enemy attack cavalier, even if he a bit out of range ( i report this problem since beta, sadly nothing changed).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just because your Mad Dog character pwned a few monsters doesn't make it objectively better than Primalist bro
Yes it does. Testing hypothesis is always superior to theorycrafting.

EDIT: What does Primalist give you that you don't get from other party members? Shield? Mirror Image?
You don't need either while you are on a mount.

Actually, I like to have a Vivisectionist with Infusion Discovery in my party (for example Woljif), so I'm not missing Shield...

Thonius

Arcane
It's all good and fine until you meet a dude with dispelling, or you just cannot prebuff ( did not bother to take what was it? prolonged spells or whatever)

Humbaba

Arcane
Bookworm circle is prety good for Animal companion. Imunity to mind control + 2 int for feats

Last stand is basically mandatory, even for non-melee classes. Because you'll encounter enough demons peppering your wizard with arrows or spawning right on top of your backline to wipe it within seconds.

You know what could work? A blood rager/Vivisectionist or slayer.
Combining the best classes in the game sounds like cheating.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So after all the nerfs, who can get round/level spells to 24h? Just Lich and Angel?

Also Legend, I think? Plus specific spells/schools are possible for full casters with Spell Specialization and items boosting school Caster Level.

No, starfinder lacks full casters. I rather OwlCat adapting a retroclone/OSR game or GURPS.
Thank you Meredoth anon! Good strong Wizard friend anon! Do not worry anon it is okay anon because I did say Starfinder anon because many anons did say anon next Owlcat game is Starfinder anon! Anons did!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom