Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

RunningWolf

Learned
Well Protection from [alignment] is supposed to be a counter to mind control in PnP, but Owlcat decided they know better.

So far i remembered mythics that can give mind affecting immunity to pets are angel via holy aura halo and lich via undeadification of the pet.

Yet another fucking build that is pushed into those two OP paths, and hes not even a caster.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Barbarian
Blood rager is where is at.

Blood rager is an abomination. Mixing Barbarian and Sorcerer in a single class... Call me purist, but imo barbarians needs to have negative opinions towards sorcery. If is a hatred or merely distrust or seeing it as a tool for weaklings, then is up to the barbarian and his tribe in question.

oOu0So3.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
I play turn based
Disregarded. Nevermind the fact that primalist gets AC and full damage and spells and basically everything else without having to rely on an Achilles' heel of a mount.
I just checked out specific abilities. I do agree that it seems to be a better version of base barbarian, except Barbarians can dump Charisma, and this guy cannot. Vs Mad Dog Barbarian, it is even worse due to needing to have a high enough Charisma so that means less in physical stats. Pets are not Achilles heel, even if it fails you get your full barbarian powers and you don't have casts per day and you don't get dispelled and you don't waste slots on Enduring spells and Greater Enduring spells.

I would still take Mad Dog over Primalist in any combination.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Mad Dog over Primalist are you fucking insane
After owning everything with a Mad Dog I am not. I don't see what a few dispellable buffs give me over an insane Smilodon mount. No spells can account for bonus damage I was doing and how I was 1 round killing really tough enemies.
Not to mention others can buff you, but their buffs cannot give you benefits of insane pet and extra +2 to flanking attacks from that pet.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Just because your Mad Dog character pwned a few monsters doesn't make it objectively better than Primalist bro
Yes it does. Testing hypothesis is always superior to theorycrafting.

EDIT: What does Primalist give you that you don't get from other party members? Shield? Mirror Image?
You don't need either while you are on a mount.
EDIT2: Best self cast only spell I see is Greater False Life. Sorry I rather take 200+ life mount with better AC that I could ever achive to be my life buffer before they start attacking me than some temporary life LOL

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane
I just checked out specific abilities. I do agree that it seems to be a better version of base barbarian, except Barbarians can dump Charisma, and this guy cannot. Vs Mad Dog Barbarian, it is even worse due to needing to have a high enough Charisma so that means less in physical stats. Pets are not Achilles heel, even if it fails you get your full barbarian powers and you don't have casts per day and you don't get dispelled and you don't waste slots on Enduring spells and Greater Enduring spells.

Pets are Achilles' heels. When it dies, the whole point of the class dies with it. Whereas only a handful of enemies know dispel, every enemy can theoretically down your mount.

You don't need to dump anything in Pathfinder. The primalists' initial lack of DEX bonus to AC is mitigated by his high CON and later fully rendered irrelevant thanks to belts, shield spell and mage armor and just plain old regular medium or even light armor. Besides, you only need 14 CHA to get full access to the bloodrager spell list and that's not a particularly high investment.

you don't have casts per day
Not having access to spells is a positive now?????

ArchAngel

Arcane

Pets are Achilles' heels. When it dies, the whole point of the class dies with it. Whereas only a handful of enemies know dispel, every enemy can theoretically down your mount.

You don't need to dump anything in Pathfinder. The primalists' initial lack of DEX bonus to AC is mitigated by his high CON and later fully rendered irrelevant thanks to belts, shield spell and mage armor and just plain old regular medium or even light armor. Besides, you only need 14 CHA to get full access to the bloodrager spell list and that's not a particularly high investment.

you don't have casts per day
Not having access to spells is a positive now?????
Only if you don't know how to use pets (not to mention if pet dies you are still an almost full barbarian that just lost access to 2 feats but with a live pet you are 50% more powerful than a base barbarian). In my run I got dispelled of useful buffs way more times than my pet was killed (which was maybe once or twice in total).
And not having access to spells that are worth little compare to OP pets is positive. We are talking about losing lvl 4 spells, if Primalist had access to lvl 6 or 9 this would be a different discussion.

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane
Only if you don't know how to use it. In my run I got dispelled of useful buffs way more times than my pet was killed (which was maybe once or twice in total).
And not having access to spells that are worth little compare to OP pets is positive. We are talking about losing lvl 4 spells, if Primalist had access to lvl 6 or 9 this would be a different discussion.

Even if you were telling the truth, then that means that your class was rendered pointless twice, whereas any primalist would never be. Spells are not the sole draw of bloodrager as I am sure you are aware.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Only if you don't know how to use it. In my run I got dispelled of useful buffs way more times than my pet was killed (which was maybe once or twice in total).

Even if you were telling the truth, then that means that your class was rendered pointless twice, whereas any primalist would never be. Spells are not the sole draw of bloodrager as I am sure you are aware.
Bloodrager or Primalist? Primalist only has up to lvl 4 spells over pure Barbarian if he chooses all Rage powers.
Those two deaths mean little when I was so much more powerful for rest of the game then your puny Primalist.

Humbaba

Arcane
Bloodrager or Primalist? Primalist only has up to lvl 4 spells over pure Barbarian if he chooses all Rage powers.
What are you on about even. Rage powers are unrelated to the spell list for either bloodrager or primalist.

I was so much more powerful for rest of the game then your puny Primalist.
Cringed so hard I broke 3 vertebrae.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well Protection from [alignment] is supposed to be a counter to mind control in PnP, but Owlcat decided they know better.
Protection from Evil prevents charm as it should, like from those vampire spawns in Drezen's dungeon in the end of Chapter 2.

Shield of Law, cleric lvl 8 spell, protects from any compulsions cast by demons (and other chaotic creatures), like that hellishly annoying DC 30+ Overwhelming Presence some succubus priestess casts (and one particular Demon Lord).

Humbaba

Arcane
Protection from Evil prevents charm as it should, like from those vampire spawns in Drezen's dungeon in the end of Chapter 2.

Shield of Law, cleric lvl 8 spell, protects from any compulsions cast by demons (and other chaotic creatures), like that hellishly annoying DC 30+ Overwhelming Presence some succubus priestess casts (and one particular Demon Lord).

Do you get anything cool from killing the succubus priestess?

ArchAngel

Arcane
What are you on about even. Rage powers are unrelated to the spell list for either bloodrager or primalist.

I was so much more powerful for rest of the game then your puny Primalist.
Cringed so hard I broke 3 vertebrae.
Learn to read, you don't even know how your puny class works LOL. MAD DOG SMASH PUNY CLASS!

Mauman

Learned
No.

They should have never released the game on consoles. First, a PC version, probably with mandatory RTX, and then maybe port to the 5th gen consoles.

This might have killed their business at the release, but would have left much better impression of the game.

I'm....agreeing with you?

Give me a minute, I have to check to see if the skies are blood red and seas are boiling.

Lhynn

Arcane
Barbarian

Blood rager is an abomination. Mixing Barbarian and Sorcerer in a single class... Call me purist, but imo barbarians needs to have negative opinions towards sorcery. If is a hatred or merely distrust or seeing it as a tool for weaklings, then is up to the barbarian and his tribe in question. Is like attempting to mix a paladin with a dread necromancer.
I would agree, however heres the deal. Either you turn to magic or you suck fat cock. Especially barbarians, their entire class viability for a long time relies on a single mythic path feature.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Barbarian

Blood rager is an abomination. Mixing Barbarian and Sorcerer in a single class... Call me purist, but imo barbarians needs to have negative opinions towards sorcery. If is a hatred or merely distrust or seeing it as a tool for weaklings, then is up to the barbarian and his tribe in question. Is like attempting to mix a paladin with a dread necromancer.
I would agree, however heres the deal. Either you turn to magic or you suck fat cock. Especially barbarians, their entire class viability for a long time relies on a single mythic path feature.
Crom laughs at you from his mountain.

Chaoneu

Novice
Bookworm circle is prety good for Animal companion. Imunity to mind control + 2 int for feats

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom