Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
What's the progression curve for this AP? Do you spend more than a couple hours in low levels (1-9)? High level Pathfinder sucks.

High lvl RPG sucks.

It's the anticipation of all the cool shit you'll get to do when you finally get there that matters. P:K delivers on that. And there are even some lategame fights where things can still get interesting, which I haven't seen for as long as I can remember. High lvl RPG is usually faceroll if you're paying attention. Still bloated like the usual tho.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
What's the progression curve for this AP? Do you spend more than a couple hours in low levels (1-9)? High level Pathfinder sucks.

High lvl RPG sucks.

It's the anticipation of all the cool shit you'll get to do when you finally get there that matters. P:K delivers on that. And there are even some lategame fights where things can still get interesting, which I haven't seen for as long as I can remember. High lvl RPG is usually faceroll if you're paying attention. Still bloated like the usual tho.

It's because the basic bitches complain when late game encounters require you to actually know your character and actually make use of all your resources. Look at the house at the end of time. I believe it's the greatest final dungeon I've encountered because it was difficult and required you to know the system deeper than any other game has in a long time. It got shit on by the people who can't handle it because they didn't have a deep enough understanding and didn't know how to take advantage of high level characters. I hope the final dungeon in this one is similar.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Does anyone know a way to figure out how much shipping will cost for the physical goodies? I want to upgrade to get some physical stuff like that map but I don't live in America so I'm use to getting shafted on shipping costs.

Desiderius

Patron
It's because the basic bitches complain when late game encounters require you to actually know your character and actually make use of all your resources. Look at the house at the end of time. I believe it's the greatest final dungeon I've encountered because it was difficult and required you to know the system deeper than any other game has in a long time. It got shit on by the people who can't handle it because they didn't have a deep enough understanding and didn't know how to take advantage of high level characters. I hope the final dungeon in this one is similar.

80% right but not nearly enough encounter variety/too much bloat made it hard to finish. There is an absolute gem there underneath all that that unfortunately most miss.

Plus Ghost Mage is a royal PITA that doesn't really care how well you know your class due to save critical fail mechanic. Persistent effects were main flaw in game, usually in player's favor.

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

80% right but not nearly enough encounter variety/too much bloat made it hard to finish. There is an absolutely gem there underneath all that that unfortunately most miss.

Plus Ghost Mage is a royal PITA that doesn't really care how well you know your class due to save critical fail mechanic. Persistent effects were main flaw in game, usually in player's favor.

But half those encounters that everyone complains about are optional if you know how to use the lamp properly. The only thing you get from killing everything is some sub par loot and a good bow from the book quest.

Desiderius

Patron
But half those encounters that everyone complains about are optional if you know how to use the lamp properly. The only thing you get from killing everything is some sub par loot and a good bow from the book quest.

Desperately trying to hit lvl 20. Finally gave up with about 3/4 of the way there.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
So, this is the power of Swen. Whoa!
rjAXrsR.png

Generic-Giant-Spider

That "Champions of the Abyss" track is really good. I hope it becomes longer, the last 30 seconds or so feels like shit is going to pick up and then it cuts off.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
rjAXrsR.png

It hasn't even been 6 hours. Of course it's not him. It's the Baldur's Gate refugees.
As an ambassador to /pfg/ I feel INSULTED! If you wish Codexia to continue holding relations with us! Then you will read my monk guide!

Sure. Give me a link. I'll do anything to continue relations with you.

Also I just read the romance thing and now I can't decide between Galfrey and the noble women shaman. I love strong women that can get shit done.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
rjAXrsR.png

It hasn't even been 6 hours. Of course it's not him. It's the Baldur's Gate refugees.
As an ambassador to /pfg/ I feel INSULTED! If you wish Codexia to continue holding relations with us! Then you will read my monk guide!

Sure. Give me a link. I'll do anything to continue relations with you.

Also I just read the romance thing and now I can't decide between Galfrey and the noble women shaman. I love strong women that can get shit done.
It's okay anon! I forgive your transgressions. We people of /pfg/ are a VERY tolerant lot! We are!

>Also I just read the romance thing and now I can't decide between Galfrey and the noble women shaman.
You should romance the Queen :P

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I want to turn into a bear and bite demon bitches in half. I can't wait for this game.

Pink eye, I want to marry the Queen and the shaman. I want both. My only crime is falling in love.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Pink eye, I want to marry the Queen and the shaman. I want both. My only crime is falling in love.

Careful not to get the Geralt treatment.
It doesn't matter what the outcome is. Both is the only acceptable answer.

Geralt is an idiot because he went after best friends. I'm planning on going after a queen busy with organizing a crusade and some noble women who talks to spirits. I'm sure neither will notice anything.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Anon made a map of where all the APs will take place. Maybe you guys will be interested in such a thing:
SCl0ey1.jpg
Jade Regent and Reign of Winter at least are misleading. You travel across the continent in one, and plane hop in the other. I really like the twist in the fifth module for RoW.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom