Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tytus

Arcane
I am not disagreeing with you at all. I am just worried at how buggy this game will be at launch. Kingdom management at launch was a technical disaster. I would like to not suffer through that again.

Yeah - it's Owlcat it's probably gonna be unplayable at release and fixed in 6-12 months :P

They seem to have a better handle on things. I'm only waiting three months after release this time instead of six.

Hope you're right. They were talking about that bot that basically helps them test things. But if they are deciding to implement a totally new mechanic it can be rough. Though devs have experience in games like Heroes of Might and Magic so maybe it won't be that bad when it comes to bugs.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Some balance is necessary, but the last thing I want is for everything to be balanced to an inch of its life. People willing to try different combos or put thought and analysis into it (or follow someone who did) SHOULD be able to have stronger and/or more interesting builds.

Sawyer's already got that market cornered.

Tytus

Arcane
Mounted combat and RTS/tactical army control are going to be huge potential pitfalls, but god bless them for being ambitious.

Yup. I would rather them see reach for the stars and fail, than play it safe and make a mediocre game that looks like everything else.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Mounted combat and RTS/tactical army control are going to be huge potential pitfalls, but god bless them for being ambitious.
It will either make or break the game. Mounted Combat wasn't that bad. But RTS/Tactical Armies battle sounds far more involved than kingdom management was.

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've read (most) of the interviews with this guy... Alexander Mishulin, and he doesn't sound like a guy that doesn't learn from his mistakes. I think the lesson the most important impression is the first, got through pretty well. In fact, I'm pretty sure he realizes that he could've reaped even more prestige if it weren't for those six initial months of bug hell.

I don't usually speculate, because most of the edge lords here love to speculate ("this game will be shit" or similar) just to hunt down some brofists, and some little spot in the limelight, but if I were to toss 2 cents, I'd say:

The odds are that this game will turn out better than P:K.

Alexander Mishulin might actually be a director that learns from experience.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Well it looks like it has started. The final push. Buckle up ladies. Things are going to get crazy over the next couple of days.
LDRB0oi.png

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Some balance is necessary, but the last thing I want is for everything to be balanced to an inch of its life. People willing to try different combos or put thought and analysis into it (or follow someone who did) SHOULD be able to have stronger and/or more interesting builds.

People forget opportunity cost. Halfling, Dwarf, and Aasimar already have their own feats in P:K and none of those are busted because you have to give up another feat to get them.

Let's hope they do more with the racial archetypes than Pallegrina's extra special Avian Godlike. Which gave you what, an extra dialogue option with Hylea?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Palegina special gives speed boost to everyone around her, which can push the speed increase to 200%. Which is huge in PoE-I because RTwP.

purpleblob

Savant
Yeah, and retards like me will playtest the game for free too. I would like to avoid that though. Kingmaker was the only game that I actively avoided patches during release day. We'll see though. If worse comes to shove, I'll just replay the first chapter over and over again, and wait for them to fix the game.

They will be fine, I reckon WotR will be stable on release. I will be alpha + beta testing WotR and might even work on preview.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I only played PoE1 and 5 minutes of PoE2 before having an autistic fit and uninstalling it. My neck went all red when I was playing it I was so mad. Thinking about PoE2 is almost making me black out with anger.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Yeah, and retards like me will playtest the game for free too. I would like to avoid that though. Kingmaker was the only game that I actively avoided patches during release day. We'll see though. If worse comes to shove, I'll just replay the first chapter over and over again, and wait for them to fix the game.

They will be fine, I reckon WotR will be stable on release. I will be alpha + beta testing WotR and might even work on preview.
I will be alpha + beta testing too. So we shall see.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
That's quite selfless of you to trade your "first playthrough" experience for everyone else having a more bug free first playthrough.

Desiderius

Patron

I will be alpha + beta testing too. So we shall see.

So you are the bot. Knew it.

Desiderius

Patron
Palegina special gives speed boost to everyone around her, which can push the speed increase to 200%. Which is huge in PoE-I because RTwP.

A black female that is a paladin is just entirely unconvincing as a character.

Luckily there won't be such a character in PF:WotR.

Evidently the woke authorities think they need the self esteem boost. Which means they don't know any black women.

Desiderius

Patron

So my face can roll 200% faster? It almost broke my keyboard at normal speed.

deuxhero

Arcane
If they scale down itemization heavily it would already be great improvement (1 belt +4 hill giant strength/game instead of belt +8 to all stats/character; a saint monk without +5 robe near dude in +3 plate mail is not the same saint). But I'm not sure they will because their designers are munchkins.

Nah, Mythic is going to fuck it up more. You need a +6 equivalent to overcome the DR common there.

Desiderius

Patron
If they scale down itemization heavily it would already be great improvement (1 belt +4 hill giant strength/game instead of belt +8 to all stats/character; a saint monk without +5 robe near dude in +3 plate mail is not the same saint). But I'm not sure they will because their designers are munchkins.

I think they were like Garfield with Alpha M:TG. He never imagined anyone would get all the rares, let alone everyone. Likewise I doubt Owlcat intended players to get all the gear. They both turned out wrong so we'll see how Owlcat reacts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom