Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Generic-Giant-Spider

It was difficult to read that latest update about racials and unique traits because of my GIANT THROBBING ERECTION.

Konflyto

Novice
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's easier to nerf 1 thing than buff everything else to compensate. The end result is the same.
Nerfing can be quite frustrating (If someone nerfed Monk, for instance, you know who would cry a river), and buffing almost everything else could be a blessing: More builds can be viable and even those hipster players who like to play the weird classes would cheer in rejoice

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Can't wait for my Swarm ratfolk-specific Druid.

Nerfing can be quite frustrating (If someone nerfed Monk, for instance, you know who would cry a river), and buffing almost everything else could be a blessing: More builds can be viable and even those hipster players who like to play the weird classes would cheer in rejoice

The point of balancing would be to make at least all classes somehow viable and not ridiculously weak compared to some others (*cough* wizards/sorcerers *cough*).

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
If they scale down itemization heavily it would already be great improvement (1 belt +4 hill giant strength/game instead of belt +8 to all stats/character; a saint monk without +5 robe near dude in +3 plate mail is not the same saint). But I'm not sure they will because their designers are munchkins.
Pathfinder is "balanced" around some items being available at a predetermined level. The "wealth" of a character is fixed for each level, so magic items/money should be distributed accordingly. This causes the fact that, at high levels, each character should (and will) have a +8 to all stats.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Meh, this sounds too much like "let us come up with your character concept for you". Beware the feature creep, summer children.

user

Savant
35k for such a delicious goal?! Next one is at 1.710 though it seems. What is it?

Shadenuat

Arcane
If they scale down itemization heavily it would already be great improvement (1 belt +4 hill giant strength/game instead of belt +8 to all stats/character; a saint monk without +5 robe near dude in +3 plate mail is not the same saint). But I'm not sure they will because their designers are munchkins.
Pathfinder is "balanced" around some items being available at a predetermined level. The "wealth" of a character is fixed for each level, so magic items/money should be distributed accordingly. This causes the fact that, at high levels, each character should (and will) have a +8 to all stats.
this is not pnp, it's 6 ppl optimized party, throwing op gear doubling char stats in metric tons is retarded, the end.

Tytus

Arcane
Since SCOTUS' ruling being a fag is not a problem anymore. Also, I don't like dwarfs. I like elves, especially the dead ones.

So, you must have loved Jaethal. Huh...

:updatedmytxt:

Some balance is necessary, but the last thing I want is for everything to be balanced to an inch of its life. People willing to try different combos or put thought and analysis into it (or follow someone who did) SHOULD be able to have stronger and/or more interesting builds.

Why not? You don't like the Sawyer approach? :P ;)

Yeah having two full rows in my inventory of Ring of Protection +2 was not a fun experience.

Dodo1610

Arcane
From the Discord
unknown.png

Will Wrath of the righteous become a strategy game?

Tytus

Arcane
From the Discord
unknown.png

Will Wrath of the righteous become a strategy game?
I guess we're going RTS. LOL!

Divinity 2 wanted to go this route but it was cut due to lack of time and money, which later spun-off into Dragon Commander.
So it's not like this wasn't tried before.
You also have games like Kingdom Under Fire which basically was the reverse. They made an RTS and added RPG/Hack n' Slash sections into it.
Spellforce series could probably count to, but I only played the first one and very briefly, so not sure here.

Either way my point is RPGs with RT are closer to RTS thus is why it's so natural for them to "double dip".

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>Either way my point is RPGs with RT are closer to RTS thus is why it's so natural for them to "double dip".
I am not disagreeing with you at all. I am just worried at how buggy this game will be at launch. Kingdom management at launch was a technical disaster. I would like to not suffer through that again.

Tytus

Arcane
I am not disagreeing with you at all. I am just worried at how buggy this game will be at launch. Kingdom management at launch was a technical disaster. I would like to not suffer through that again.

Yeah - it's Owlcat it's probably gonna be unplayable at release and fixed in 6-12 months :P

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah, and retards like me will playtest the game for free too. I would like to avoid that though. Kingmaker was the only game that I actively avoided patches during release day. We'll see though. If worse comes to shove, I'll just replay the first chapter over and over again, and wait for them to fix the game.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Well, Pathfinder was literally unplayable(didn't even have an EXE file) the moment it was released on Steam so there is no way WOTR will be even more broken.
:happytrollboy:

Tytus

Arcane
Yeah, and retards like me will playtest the game for free too. I would like to avoid that though. Kingmaker was the only game that I actively avoided patches during release day. We'll see though. If worse comes to shove, I'll just replay the first chapter over and over again, and wait for them to fix the game.

I thought Monks should be disciplined and self-sacrificing. Be an a true ascetic monk bro and test the game for us! Other way you are tarnishing the monk bro's name!

Tytus

Arcane
Well, Pathfinder was literally unplayable(didn't even have an EXE file) the moment it was released on Steam so there is no way WOTR will be even more broken.
:happytrollboy:

Wrath is a secret plan by Papa Putin. Everyone who downloads it will have their hard drive formatted on day-1 to cripple entire western computer infrastructure. Though I think Papa Putin might be overestimating a little how popular the game will be.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Yeah - it's Owlcat it's probably gonna be unplayable at release and fixed in 6-12 months :P

They seem to have a better handle on things. I'm only waiting three months after release this time instead of six.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom