Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Traitorous advisors of P:KM.

Irreplaceable Chad Tristian vs Useless Virgin Lander.

Tristian can only be inspired to chadness by the courageous mercy of the MC. Even then...

More Poz.jpg

Meh. Hard pass, pozman.

Last edited:

BarbequeMasta

Learned
I tend to pick Lander then rarely use him, because I like giving the middle finger to both factions whenever am put in that kind of situation.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Apparently, we absolutely cannot have nice things:

https://venturebeat.com/2020/03/05/...apting-a-tabletop-rpg-campaign-for-a-pc-game/
GamesBeat: The scope of Kingmaker, it’s pretty big. I’m in my second playthrough, and I’m sure I’m still missing things. Is Wrath going to be a similar scope? Is the game going to be of a similar size?

Mishulin: It’s simultaneously yes and no. For Kingmaker, we were aiming at about 80 hours per playthrough, and we ended up with 120. It was too big, and some of our fans even wrote to us [asking us to] please make the experience a bit more contained. Right now, for Wrath of the Righteous, we’re also aiming at about 80 hours, but this time around, we’ve properly done all the tables and everything, and it seems like we’re going into smaller amounts of playtime. But on the other hand, because of the Mythics and more choices and more effects those choices have on the story, the game is wider. You’ll be, on your first playthrough, missing more content than in Kingmaker. There’s more replayability.
So we can look forward to a massive fucking slash in gametime instead of an appropriate increase. Fuck this gay-ass Earth for ruining fucking everything.
120 hOuRs Is ToO mUcH
No, fuck you, Mishi. It should be 200 hours to excuse Mythic-level fuckery and a good leveling curve.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Heroes of Might & Magic Mode: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2777062

Good Ol’ Tactical Combat

Huzza! Thanks to your support, we have reached another stretch goal and now you will have more options to choose from. Every race will get a unique archetype, available only to it, with racial feats and alternative traits to spice the things up during character creation.

And now to the next goal... Tactical Battles for Armies

7621294388eff1c6d6e2aba64dd7b75f_original.png

Hello, my name is Alexander Gusev, and I am a lead mechanics designer in Owlcat Games.

Long ago, when I was younger and games had more daring ideas but far fewer pixels per inch, I was looking at RPGs and thinking – why none of them feature battles of armies, similar to strategies? After all – the hero leading troops is a widespread trope in fantasy, and many heroes of fiction had donned the general's mantle in the course of their adventures. Yet the genres remained mostly separated – yes, some strategies like King's Bounty concentrated more on a singular hero. Yes, some RPGs had simplified strategic modes. But playing Heroes of Might and Magic III (as you may have heard, playing them is a mandatory rite in Russia) I couldn't stop thinking why no classic RPG featured combat similar to HoMM III.

The answer is – because they weren't foolhardy enough. We will be. Even before this stretch goal, we were planning that army combat in the crusade will look much more than a dry combat log of an auto-combat and that it will allow you to select targets for your units to attack. But will only that be enough?

6b710db9623f6b33aff0c4032a434be1_original.jpg

No, we want to add more. We want you to feel like a proper commander, to allow you to move those units on the tactical battlefield. We want to achieve the grandeur of an epic fantasy battle by giving you access to powerful spells that can be used in mass combat. To trash the enemy army with a fireball (its tactical version, that), to burn multiple enemies with your squadron of dragons, to block the enemy advance with your units and then riddle the enemy with arrows from afar. And, of course, we long for a variety of mechanical features this battlefield will allow us to introduce into units.

Of course, you will always be able to dedicate yourself to strategic planning only, leaving the groundwork to your troops and getting only the reports of their glorious victories. We have no wish to force this upon you, and of course, there will be different difficulty levels for this mode too. But we hope that there are people who share our passion for the tactical turn-based mass combat similar to Heroes of Might and Magic and Master of Magic. And we hope that you agree with how fun and cool an addition it will be to our game.

d34e4a485e9f26ca8fefd52f5f4186c4_original.jpg

There are those of you who might read this update and consider us perhaps a tiny bit too ambitious there – but they should remember that this stretch goal will not force us to make a whole another game. This stretch goal is only about adding a tactical layer to the whole another game that we were already making. You know, huh, weren't we overly ambitious already? Anyway, it would be best if you also remembered that we might have a couple of people in our studio that worked on a game of a similar genre. Specifically, on Heroes of Might and Magic V. And that our studio is full of Russian people that are, of course, required to play Heroes of Might and Magic III for at least a thousand hours before being considered an adult.

To arms, Crusaders! Your armies await your commands!

P.S. Of course, I should note that a requirement to play HoMM 3 at least a thousand hours before being considered an adult in Russia is a joke. Not everyone here is forced to play Heroes of Might and Magic III – you can, for example, present documents that prove your belonging to Heroes of Might and Magic II community, or request a trial by combat instead.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm pretty sure even the KKKonsensus agrees Kingmaker was too long.
Nah. It's around the Pitax Chapter and onwards where the fatigue hits. Which is due to the fact that the game felt rushed after the Pitax chapter.

Yeah up until Pitax it's fine. I would argue Pitax could be better with you know, storming your enemy capital and all.

War of the River Kings and House at the End of Time felt rushed. And fuck the lantern puzzle.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
Just when I think they couldn't hype me up more. HoMM3 influence was the only way I could get hyped for that goal, hope they deliver on it!

Syme

Arbiter
Pitax felt like a village instead of a city.

Yeah, outside of the palace it was dreadfully underwhelming. The main map was basically an empty square with groups of NPCs randomly standing around. IMO they should have shortened the House at the End of Time (maybe get rid of either the basement or upstairs) and give Pitax a couple more smaller maps instead.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
HOMM V was the last enjoyable HOMM. God 2 of my favorite games in one!

It also makes me think that Owlcat would not want to clone their first success endlessly and actually hope to survive long enough to bring us TRUE HOMM SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR one day.

Shadenuat

Arcane
why is there heroes III in my baldur's gate III

oh right Russians make it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom