Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Honestly, if you take Amiri in Kingmaker and you get the stereotypical fantasy paladin, I found Seelah more bearable and less extreme, like a less black and white kind of goodness and down to earth. She is a bit boring, and her personal quests are boring too but all in all there are much worse offenders.

Besides, while Amiri was all about "womyn can be fighters too", Seelah never talks about systemic racism, and her quests are not about that; the only "black" thing about her are her portrait and her voice, nothing else.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Damn, I thought Animal Growth was supposed to... well... grow the size of my AC. And hopefully let me ride it while Enlarged (later Frigtening Aspect'ed). Meanwhile my Smilodon's size didn't visually change and, while Enlarged, I lost the capability to mount it. WTF?

It does, but only on a horse.

That's because, in Owlcat's infinite wisdom, they made the size increase that most animal companions get A BUFF. A buff with no stats and that can't be dispelled either, so the stats for Animal Growth will function, but the size increase won't.

So yeah, if you want to have an enlarged human (or other normally medium sized creature) ride around on an animal, it has to be a horse

Incidently, trying to have a medium sized creature ride an enlarged horse does some, uh, interesting things to the medium sized creature's character model.

This is valuable information. It also blows my mind and makes me cry a little.

Yeah, it's stupid. That being said, it most likely means that a strength based gnome or halfling (that wants to take advantage of legendary proportions or frightful aspect despite the racial strength malus) would be your best bet for a non-horse riding character. It's stupid, but it should work.

Well, unless a Mad Dog (or Skald in party), I cannot possibly choose anything other then Kitsune for a mounted (charging) character.

Damn, so unless Owlcats fix this, I have to say goodbye to size increases. And I already turned my Nenio into a Brown Fur Transmuter - for future sharing of Powerful Change Frightful Aspects, among other things.

Or return to a trusty horse. Would eventually have more reach too, which is good. But pouncing along my Smilo is too much fun to give up!

kangaxx

Arbiter
I am pretty sure I've fucked myself over by killing demon armies too fast on the world map... there isn't really anything left to kill and my morale is reducing steadily because I've "stopped winning battles".

Any ideas how to stop a game over whilst still exploring the huge amounts of actual game content I haven't done in this chapter yet?

I hope I've simply misunderstood what is happening and maybe someone can correct me. If not, Owlcat must have been smoking crack when designing this mechanic.

Impossible since each army you kill gets added to the total even if the banner stays green... what CH you in?

Chapter 3. Someone else said they've patched it out - as I started my game a few patches ago maybe that's why I'm still getting it. If it genuinely threatens to fuck up my game I'll just edit the save file or something.

For the record I don't understand what you mean by "each army you kill gets added to the total even if the banner stays green". There seems to be a max morale of 20 and a minimum of -100, so the problem is that I killed a lot of armies whilst at +20. In hindsight I should have saved many of the fights until my morale dropped, which IMO is retarded design. Morale would by sky high because a new commander showed up our of nowhere and started humiliating demon armies against the odds.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
For the record I don't understand what you mean by "each army you kill gets added to the total even if the banner stays green". There seems to be a max morale of 20 and a minimum of -100, so the problem is that I killed a lot of armies whilst at +20. In hindsight I should have saved many of the fights until my morale dropped, which IMO is retarded design. Morale would by sky high because a new commander showed up our of nowhere and started humiliating demon armies against the odds.

Killing armies doesn't add morale. Banners staying green add to morale per day.
Killing armies SHOULD turn banner green and add to the total number of days Victory Banner will stay green (but the number is invisible AFAIK).

Mauman

Learned
Well, unless a Mad Dog (or Skald in party), I cannot possibly choose anything other then Kitsune for a mounted (charging) character.

Damn, so unless Owlcats fix this, I have to say goodbye to size increases. And I already turned my Nenio into a Brown Fur Transmuter - for future sharing of Powerful Change Frightful Aspects, among other things.

Or return to a trusty horse. Would eventually have more reach too, which is good. But pouncing along my Smilo is too much fun to give up!

Well then, I have great news for you.

Frightful aspect and Reduce person improperly stack. Cast frightful aspect, then reduce person on your character. They'll enlarge, then shrink, and keep all of the str/dex stat increases (with the reduce person strength malus as well).

Course, your character will be small, and will look down right funny when riding your Smilodon....but it'll work*

*I do not take responsibility if anything goes horribly horribly wrong if you try this :D

edit - oh, and you'll have the weapon dice malus. You should still be north on the damage scale from the strength bonus.

Last edited:

kangaxx

Arbiter
Killing armies doesn't add morale. Banners staying green add to morale per day.
Killing armies SHOULD turn banner green and add to the total number of days Victory Banner will stay green (but the number is invisible AFAIK).

Ok thanks for explaining, but isn't it the same problem anyway (i.e. when you run out of enemies to kill you bleed morale)? If that isn't the case then I don't know why my morale is dropping.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Damn, I thought Animal Growth was supposed to... well... grow the size of my AC. And hopefully let me ride it while Enlarged (later Frigtening Aspect'ed). Meanwhile my Smilodon's size didn't visually change and, while Enlarged, I lost the capability to mount it. WTF?

It does, but only on a horse.

That's because, in Owlcat's infinite wisdom, they made the size increase that most animal companions get A BUFF. A buff with no stats and that can't be dispelled either, so the stats for Animal Growth will function, but the size increase won't.

So yeah, if you want to have an enlarged human (or other normally medium sized creature) ride around on an animal, it has to be a horse

Incidently, trying to have a medium sized creature ride an enlarged horse does some, uh, interesting things to the medium sized creature's character model.

This is valuable information. It also blows my mind and makes me cry a little.

Yeah, it's stupid. That being said, it most likely means that a strength based gnome or halfling (that wants to take advantage of legendary proportions or frightful aspect despite the racial strength malus) would be your best bet for a non-horse riding character. It's stupid, but it should work.

Actually, I was wondering if Kitsune might be the only race that would work (not sure it's actually advantageous over halfling and gnome since they still take a strength penalty), because their change self to human form thing makes them not appear larger when using the enlarge person spell, so they might be in the same boat as the non-horse mounts. Might be worth a shot anyway, enlarge the kitsune in human form and try mounting... The only thing that will suck about this is you won't be able to use vulpine pounce if it works.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Unless you spend months and months farting around it shouldn't affect morale that much. If need be you can use morale raising cards.
Not like anything you do in Ch3 matters cuz Galfrey will fuck your army no matter what. And not in the hot GILF kind of way.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Even after clearing the whole map in Chapt. 3 I had random armies popping up from time to time to attack me.

And there are periodic researches to do to increase the morale.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Frightful aspect and Reduce person improperly stack. Cast frightful aspect, then reduce person on your character. They'll enlarge, then shrink, and keep all of the str/dex stat increases (with the reduce person strength malus as well).

Course, your character will be small, and will look down right funny when riding your Smilodon....but it'll work*

*I do not take responsibility if anything goes horribly horribly wrong if you try this :D

edit - oh, and you'll have the weapon dice malus. You should still be north on the damage scale from the strength bonus.

Very interesting, thank you. I'm slightly concerned about attack range going out of whack again (and for example my small character unable to attack while the Smilo can), but I'll see I guess.
Also the CMB Trip malus would kinda sting once I start Pummelling Bullying, but I guess I'd just have to live with that.

Actually, I was wondering if Kitsune might be the only race that would work (not sure it's actually advantageous over halfling and gnome since they still take a strength penalty), because their change self to human form thing makes them not appear larger when using the enlarge person spell, so they might be in the same boat as the non-horse mounts. Might be worth a shot anyway, enlarge the kitsune in human form and try mounting... The only thing that will suck about this is you won't be able to use vulpine pounce if it works.

Interesting. I guess I'll try. But either way it's not a great solution for me, as pounce charging (eventually) is kinda the point of the build... Well, I guess I can try using it for 2 levels anyway. Though not exactly sure if its worth the loss of Kitsune Bite. Guess it depends on what impact it may have on reach (and if it does increase it, does it cause issues with MC and AC reach de-syncing?).

Mauman

Learned

Very interesting, thank you. I'm slightly concerned about attack range going out of whack again (and for example my small character unable to attack while the Smilo can), but I'll see I guess.

Interesting. I guess I'll try. But either way it's not a great solution for me, as pounce charging (eventually) is kinda the point of the build... Well, I guess I can try using it for 2 levels anyway. Though not exactly sure if its worth the loss of Kitsune Bite. Guess it depends on what impact it may have on reach (and if it does increase it, does it cause issues with MC and AC reach de-syncing?).

Perhaps a reach weapon will fix the issue if it's present? There's a longspear in chapter 5 that's designed to work with mounted combat. Considering the weapon is supposed to do an additional 8d6 on a charge, I'd be interested to see if works with pounce.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
So far, reach weapons were more trouble then help in Turn Based mounted combat (mostly prevented the mount from attacking, also forced additional manual movements, as GUI showed you could attack, but you couldn't execute the command). But maybe they could be useful if your size decreases.

That said, I've moved to falchions (currently 15-20/x3 with Mythic Improved Crit) and given the crit profiles of most reach weapons, I'm not too keen to go back (fauchards need an extra feat and don't have great representation early... in fact they never seem as great). Also, Act 5 is awfully late... and Jinx, easily available at start of chapter 2, is just one of the best weapons around.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Pathfinder isn't even in the same league.

Yep. BG3 is in the game journalists league and Pathfinder is in the true RPG league.

Even in BG3 thread, people talk more about Pathfinder than BG3.

Yes talking about how sad owlcucks are.

Anyway cry all you want, DOS2 is better than Cuckfinder, BG3 is on another level and it will dominate your beloved cuck game in scores and sales.

Will drink your tears in a year or two.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Yep. BG3 is in the game journalists league and Pathfinder is in the true RPG league.

Anyway cry all you want, DOS2 is better than Cuckfinder, BG3 is on another level and it will dominate your beloved cuck game in scores and sales.

LOL. Who said that DOS2 will not sell more than Pathfinder games? And be more praised by game journalists?

The success of a product depends on his proposal, costs and profits. Otherwise, a Ferrari will be considered a worse product than a popular car cuz the popular car sells more. When the proposal of the Ferrari was never to sell to the masses. Same with Pathfinder RPG's. It is not made to appease game journalists. It probably costs less than 5% of BG3, if sells 10% of BG3, is already multiple times more profitable. And I never said that BG3 will be bad. Once modders remove all Larienism from the game and make it 3E, I will play it. I already paid for it(In Argentine Currency)

Thonius

Arcane
Seelah have 0 redeeming qualities just plain boring character with shitty character arc about her friends lol

gocSDnB.png
Not everyone is a snowflake mkey sweety?
No, really sometimes it's good to have plain bro/sister without cockroaches in the head. Otherwise, it's not a party it's a circus on the run.
Now, after finishing sosiel quest it seems that I collect negroes, SSoSSiel, traver, Seelah who's next? Is there a way to sell some excessive muscle force?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

LOL. Who said that DOS2 will not sell more than Pathfinder games? And be more praised by game journalists?

The success of a product depends on his proposal, costs and profits. Otherwise, a Ferrari will be considered a worse product than a popular car cuz the popular car sells more. When the proposal of the Ferrari was never to sell to the masses. Same with Pathfinder RPG's. It is not made to appease game journalists. It probably costs less than 5% of BG3, if sells 10% of BG3, is already multiple times more profitable. And I never said that BG3 will be bad. Once modders remove all Larienism from the game and make it 3E, I will play it. I already paid for it(In Argentine Currency)

"muh ferrari"

Reminder:

15pVywk.png

Oh and this pic is outdated...Wrath of the cuck dropped even lower, LOL

Keep damage controlling Messi.

Thonius

Arcane

"muh ferrari"

Reminder:

15pVywk.png

I see that you like apples and don't like oranges, but look more people buy oranges than apples? Would you like to reconsider?
Uh... sweetie.

Longes

Augur
Because random normals are the measure of success for cRPGs.
No, obviously sales-to-budget ration is the measure of success for cRPGs. Which is why Pillars of Eternity 2 is a terrible disastertastrophy despite being polished to a mirror sheen.

That said, D:OS 1 having the highest score of these four games is everything you need to know about that picture.

Thonius

Arcane
Well, metacritics as in score from "critics" (member story mode is made for them) we can safely ignore, user critics score well it can be inflated/faked but more or less can be correct ( sans state at release/state after patchies ). Still won't change the fact that I don't like DOS games and Larian humor, lore, lvl design etc etc.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

"muh ferrari"

Reminder:

15pVywk.png

Yep. Game journos who can't beat IWD:EE in story mode like your games. We get it. How it translated into quality? According to game journos Diablo 3 is a great game and Temple of Elemental Evil is a average game.

Your fans testing a good RPG

obviously sales-to-budget ration is the measure of success

Using that metric, minecraft is the best game ever. hu3hu3hu3, a game should be judged by his proposal, target audience expectancy and so on. The profit / budget shows only how profitable the game is. Not perfect, but way better than "0/10 cuz I can't play in story mode" game journos.

metacritics as in score from "critics" (member story mode is made for them) we can safely ignore, user critics score well it can be inflated/faked but more or less can be correct ( sans state at release/state after patchies

According to Swen if someone from OwlCat sleeps with the retarded game journos in exchange for 10/10, or they pay hookers it will suddenly become a better game

Fuck both apples and oranges. Take lemons, straight into your eyeballs like a man.

2HltmoW.png

If BG2:SoA was launched today, it would't be praised by game journos...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom