Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Salvo

Arcane
Is there any footage of the DLC yet? Is it worth a replay or should I wait for gold edition

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/6160364517515199167

The change of the DLC release day

Inevitable Excess will be released on the 3rd of March

Crusaders!

We’ve been excited to share with you our new DLC Inevitable Excess for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, and judging by the feedback we got, you are excited for this DLC as well. After all, who wouldn’t want to continue the adventures of a high-level party with incredible powers and face new monsters and threats?

However, after we ran a number of internal tests, we realized that the experience you would get from this new adventure was not as mythic as we wanted it to be. We wanted you to feel great and powerful, but also face the foes that would be tricky and challenging enough. But some of the new battle encounters we designed didn’t convey our intentions properly, and we felt like the new enemies and their mechanical features needed more balancing. And so, with a heavy heart, we have to admit that we need additional time before we can let you play this DLC.

Inevitable Excess will be released on the 3rd of March instead of tomorrow. We apologize for the inevitable delay, and hope that you will love the DLC after our team and the denizens of Axis give it their special treatment! Meanwhile, we would like you to meet Valmallos. Those of you who are well-versed in the Pathfinder lore already know him as the keeper of magic, who dwells on the plane of Axis, where your travels will take you in this DLC.

5e603c2f1995e76947085803520c3e241262fa15.png

Valmallos is one of the inevitables, mechanical aeons, who were created by axiomites a long time ago to oversee the laws of the universe, and this one is particularly concerned by the threat the Worldwound possesses to the laws of magic. But what part will you play in his plans? You will find out on the 3rd of March. And may your journey be mythic and fun!

To arms!

:negative::negative:

WetCommonGermanpinscher-size_restricted.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Jorus

Educated
Damn I was counting on playing the DLC while waiting for Warhammer guess it will be the opposite now.

Humbaba

Arcane
Barbarian
Barbarian feels anemic. Blood rager is where is at. Though I also heard both rages stack, so maybe take a level of instinctual warrior?
Just pick arcane primalist and ditch those useless arcane bloodrages for rage powers, follow the Deadly Stance line of powers + the obligatory beast totem and you will want for nothing, neither AC nor damage nor crit chance. Straight Barbarian is obsolete.

Suspected as much, seeing as patch 1.2 is causing all sorts of jank. Them releasing DLC this early, while the base game is still a bit suspect would've been optimistic anyway, to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Humbaba

Arcane
We wanted you to feel great and powerful, but also face the foes that would be tricky and challenging enough. But some of the new battle encounters we designed didn’t convey our intentions properly, and we felt like the new enemies and their mechanical features needed more balancing.

Well, at least this suggests that there's not just gonna be Vavakias and Gallus for 8 straight hours. I'm still not very interested in the DLC though to be honest with you, I can't bring myself to care about some autistic robot.

Salvo

Arcane
Why would they delay it the day before release? You stupid fucks at least give it a week or so

ArchAngel

Arcane
Barbarian
Barbarian feels anemic. Blood rager is where is at. Though I also heard both rages stack, so maybe take a level of instinctual warrior?
Just pick arcane primalist and ditch those useless arcane bloodrages for rage powers, follow the Deadly Stance line of powers + the obligatory beast totem and you will want for nothing, neither AC nor damage nor crit chance. Straight Barbarian is obsolete.

Suspected as much, seeing as patch 1.2 is causing all sorts of jank. Them releasing DLC this early, while the base game is still a bit suspect would've been optimistic anyway, to say the least.
Mad Dog Barbarian is better with how mounted combat is implemented.

I hope patch 1.2 it release before that. My Trickster into Legend run is waiting for that patch to continue.

Stokowski

Arcane
... that completely forget to give the player any motivation whatsoever, or else don't give much of a clear one.

But your character is teh cHiosEn One!!!1!1!!!1! Of course, I always did like the idea of the chosen one who couldn't give a fuck.

But this is your destiny!
Nah, screw you guys. I'm going fishing.

I guess you can't escape the city? Is that it? Is that why you don't take the completely obvious decision of fleeing the city and leaving the idiotic orc and her tranny husband that allowed the city to be invaded to deal with it on their own?

Perhaps that was intended as the hook: these poor citizens never deserved leadership this incompetent. Couldn't you do something about it?

(To which the sensible answer would be: Fuck no! Did you see what happened to that dragon?)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah, screw you guys. I'm going fishing.
Then you will die. Meaning - not from old age, but much earlier. From other... circumstances which I will not spoil.

The other side of being a chosen one is being under death threat for some unknown reason. And WotR is partially about figuring out whether there is any threat to personal existence of the main hero, and, if so, what it is.

Humbaba

Arcane
Why would they delay it the day before release? You stupid fucks at least give it a week or so

Delaying anything a day before release is an extremely bad sign and tells me that they fucked the DLC beyond the reasons given. Like bruh, you're the delaying the game because of "balance"? And you only noticed just NOW? Cmon, fat.

Yet another hot take, along with "mutation warrior is bad because no armor training"

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Delaying anything instead of releasing something that does not work is good at any point. Even at the point of recall from the stores (though it costs much more).

Be patient, zuumeerz.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Delaying anything instead of releasing something that does not work is good at any point. Even at the point of recall from the stores (though it costs much more).
So CDPR did everything right with cyberpunk
No.

They should have never released the game on consoles. First, a PC version, probably with mandatory RTX, and then maybe port to the 5th gen consoles.

This might have killed their business at the release, but would have left much better impression of the game.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Well, "Demon's Souls" was a bust at the release. And then it spawned the whole new genre with the most anticipating game of 2022 coming soon.

RunningWolf

Learned
What are the ways to get mind affecting immunity on a horsey? I remember Martyr's Testament, but a ring cant fit the hoofs unfortunately.

It turned out that mind control is kind of a problem when you're riding the thing. Had to resort to scummy ranged vital strike kiting for them swarms.

Humbaba

Arcane
Well, "Demon's Souls" was a bust at the release. And then it spawned the whole new genre with the most anticipating game of 2022 coming soon.

That's because it continued to sell more and more and reviewed well unlike cyberpunk. Lann, please stop making shit up.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
What are the ways to get mind affecting immunity on a horsey? I remember Martyr's Testament, but a ring cant fit the hoofs unfortunately.

It turned out that mind control is kind of a problem when you're riding the thing. Had to resort to scummy ranged vital strike kiting for them swarms.
That actually makes a lot of sense, tbh.
Freaking out the horse is the best counter to cavalry.

Humbaba

Arcane

Just one of the reasons why animal companions are a liability late game. Put mind blank on it and hope for the best.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Delaying anything a day before release is an extremely bad sign and tells me that they fucked the DLC beyond the reasons given. Like bruh, you're the delaying the game because of "balance"? And you only noticed just NOW? Cmon, fat.

Yet another hot take, along with "mutation warrior is bad because no armor training"
It not my fault if you don't understand how things work. So you are saying having mount that lets you move not in straight line and still do full attack is bad (along with mount that does additional attack)?
And when enemy is next to you, you do all your attacks and mount does all of its own? And you get additional +2 to attack when flanking enemies with your mount that makes all your power attacks better as you have 10% less of a miss chance?
And that you can ignore AC for your barbarian and go full damage as nobody targets your guy with non AoE attacks while you are mounted?
And I didn't even mention Spirited Charge...
And you get all this for 2 or 3 less rage powers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom