Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The patch hit, so instead of putting the game on hold I re-rolled a cavalier (gendarme). It seems like a really fun class, but in TB:

1. Very often you just cannot attack targets in range unless you move a bit first.
2. Sometimes you issue a charge order and you move an inch, stop and the action is wasted.
3. Sometimes, when ordering to attack targets a bit farther away without charge, your model stops on a piece of geometry, the animation spazzes out for like 2 seconds and returns to normal, but the action is wasted.

It also seems that the mounted combat feat doesn't work. Like, at all :negative:

Saravan

Savant
The patch hit, so instead of putting the game on hold I re-rolled a cavalier (gendarme). It seems like a really fun class, but in TB:

1. Very often you just cannot attack targets in range unless you move a bit first.
2. Sometimes you issue a charge order and you move an inch, stop and the action is wasted.
3. Sometimes, when ordering to attack targets a bit farther away without charge, your model stops on a piece of geometry, the animation spazzes out for like 2 seconds and returns to normal, but the action is wasted.

It also seems that the mounted combat feat doesn't work. Like, at all :negative:

Charge is wholly fucked up in TB. There is a 50% chance the pathfinding gets stuck and you waste your turn.

Reinhardt

Arcane

It's not mounted combat, it's charge overall. I have problems with charging with my 2h fighter on foot too.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

It's not mounted combat, it's charge overall. I have problems with charging with my 2h fighter on foot too.

Yes, I had the same issue frequently in KM.

It's best to only charge if you have an uncomplicated trajectory to the target, even then it sometimes gets confused.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The patch hit, so instead of putting the game on hold I re-rolled a cavalier (gendarme). It seems like a really fun class, but in TB
TB was added to the game to appease the loud, and mostly casual PnP crowd, who can't land their fireballs in real time with pause. Owlcats did not want to add it, and stated as much that they want to focus on RTwP to be the best they could make, but the amazing argumentation like "its tb must be tb how ez tb see modder added tb so you also can it doesn't hurt the game Deadfire has tb (played by probably close to nobody at this time) right??" won.

So they gave in and pocketed the happy reviews and pnp moneys, but obviously making 2 combat modes work flawlessly in 1 game is not something you can do within a scope of 25 classes 1000 spells 5000 abilities.

So if you're playing TB, Mishulin is laughing on you, as you subscribed for a second beta test of the game. It may still be fun (more so than Deadfire), but you were warned.

Saravan

Savant
The patch hit, so instead of putting the game on hold I re-rolled a cavalier (gendarme). It seems like a really fun class, but in TB
TB was added to the game to appease the loud, and mostly casual PnP crowd, who can't land their fireballs in real time with pause. Owlcats did not want to add it, and stated as much that they want to focus on RTwP to be the best they could make, but the amazing argumentation like "its tb must be tb how ez tb see modder added tb so you also can it doesn't hurt the game Deadfire has tb (played by probably close to nobody at this time) right??" won.

So they gave in and pocketed the happy reviews and pnp moneys, but obviously making 2 combat modes work flawlessly in 1 game is not something you can do within a scope of 25 classes 1000 spells 5000 abilities.

So if you're playing TB, Mishulin is laughing on you, as you subscribed for a second beta test of the game.

Took you just one post to show exactly what I meant. If they decide to include something they need to make sure it works well, else it's bad design. Why you defending this like a clown?

I stopped playing TB by end of prologue by the way because combat took way too fucking long so no need to counter this with what I expect.

volklore

Arcane

Yes, I had the same issue frequently in KM.

It's best to only charge if you have an uncomplicated trajectory to the target, even then it sometimes gets confused.
I have been playing TB and the only time I have had a problem with charge is when charging before TB combat starts. Then it gets cut half the time when the enemy aggroes and initiative is rolled. Charging during normal turn order has been completely fine so far.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Pleased to report that after giving up with it on my first serious character and reporting my shame to the esteemed assembly up-thread, I did the water elemental in the basement kitchen of the Maze on my second serious character without any problems. I just left it as the last thing to do before the last door exit and blew all the things in a glorious splurge of thing-blowing.

Mind you, being a Monk/Pally tanking for the team with a quarterstaff - as opposed to a fiddly Eldritch Scion that's pretty weak before level 4-5 anyway - helped. :) I remember now that with PF:K while the filddly things sound good, sometimes it's nice not to have to micro-manage too much, especially in RTwP. It's more comfortable to play fiddly things in turn-baed (duh).

I realized the one thing that makes the Magus trick (where you're swift actioning the weapon buff) annoying is just a UI thing - the UI should click down a notch when you're in pause, not after. Just that one UI QOL thing would make the Magus types less rickety-feeling to play. I know it's supposed to wait its "turn," but the UI icon could give a different type of feedback with a click to say, "Yes I'm doing this when the moment comes around in the next fraction of a second."

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The real-time mode is honestly more garbage than the turn-based mode. Almost all of the challenging fights are easier and more interesting in turn-based. Real-time is only useful for cheesing enemies with kiting or dealing with trash mobs.

For example, the necromancer in the market hastes all the zombies and cultists. In real-time, not only is it barely perceptible who is doing what, but you'll probably get cut down extremely quickly since all of them move at once. Turn-based makes the fight easily winnable. (On core rules, that is.) And you can actually see what's going on.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Epic liches pew-pew for 4000000000 damage and summon succubus harem - greatest gaem in universe. No epic liches pew-pew for 4000000000000 damage and no succubus harem - disgusting pile of shit.

Wrong. I love Fallout New Vegas and UnderRail, both games lacks magery.

Gothic 1/2, mainly with returning mod is a game which I love so much and since the game is lower magic, being a mage is very hard.Took 14 hours for me to become a necromancer under Xardas apprenticeship in returning.

who can't land their fireballs in real time with pause

No, that is not the problem. the problem is the RETARDED AI. I can't use spells like sirroco with RtWP cuz my companions, even archers seems to enjoy being in the ground taking constant damage. And in some encounters, "control" based spells are a must have. Before TB, I was pausing every single second only to say to my companion "not go to this death zone"

Stop butching please, game has its flaws but is still massive incline compared to anything else we've got this year

Till KoTC 2 launches in Steam/GoG.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Of course. You are talking with Victor. It's simple. Epic liches pew-pew for 4000000000 damage and summon succubus harem - greatest gaem in universe. No epic liches pew-pew for 4000000000000 damage and no succubus harem - disgusting pile of shit.
But what use is a harem when your body no longer has blood flow or blood pressure? :D

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Of course. You are talking with Victor. It's simple. Epic liches pew-pew for 4000000000 damage and summon succubus harem - greatest gaem in universe. No epic liches pew-pew for 4000000000000 damage and no succubus harem - disgusting pile of shit.
But what use is a harem when your body no longer has blood flow or blood pressure? :D
Social standing?

Tao

Savant
Really, i don't get it. Why can't i use animate dead in my favorite school slot as a cruoromancer? I looked 2h for this shit on internet and i have no clue.

It's not a big deal in the long game i know but man: 3 animate dead spells at lvl5 vs 2 AnDead spells with 21 INT is not the same at that point in the game.

Anyone has a clue why is like this. It's on the rules or it's a bug?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom