Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
Why the fuck would your level 5 Camelia have Dodge and Shield focus? Don't you want her to do anything productive?

It is impossible for Camelia to do anything productive because she utterly licks balls no matter what you spec her as in her default class. She IS the weakest link in my group by a large margin and I can't wait to throw her rich pampered ass to the curb for someone else. Perhaps if you did a full respec and turned her into something else she could be decent but Ember who sucked early on is a MurderMachine™ by comparison on top of being a competent healer and good CC. What does Camelia actually do? She isn't a ranged character, she sucks at melee, she can't backstab, she is a glorified trapbot basically.
Full progression divine casters can't be weak
Can, if you kill them.
They wouldn't be weak, they would be dead
Yes, pathetic.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Why the fuck would your level 5 Camelia have Dodge and Shield focus? Don't you want her to do anything productive?

It is impossible for Camelia to do anything productive because she utterly licks balls no matter what you spec her as in her default class. She IS the weakest link in my group by a large margin and I can't wait to throw her rich pampered ass to the curb for someone else. Perhaps if you did a full respec and turned her into something else she could be decent but Ember who sucked early on is a MurderMachine™ by comparison on top of being a competent healer and good CC. What does Camelia actually do? She isn't a ranged character, she sucks at melee, she can't backstab, she is a glorified trapbot basically.

No they REALLY can and she proves it. If you stripped that goofy class they gave her and made her a straight up vanilla cleric, perhaps. But they went with one of these 'exotic' specialty kits that they slapped on many of the NPCs turning her into a shit-tier hybrid where she excels at nothing. She is a B-grade shaman with a limited spell set, a ghetto fighter w/ weak sauce skill, and she can disarm some traps but gets none of the benefits of sneak attack. So a garbage healer, an also ran fighter, and a partially disabled rogue.

sHe iS sO gReAt. :roll:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I didn't really like Cammelia as a character, but gameplay wise I have hardly any complaint about her. Once you get her fencing grace she's a tanky, surprisingly competent melee with a large selection of useful spells and buffs.

I agree, she's actually alright, and she's quite good at being a moderately tanky distraction on one mob while the main group fights another. But I think the problem (from the complainers' points of view) is that while she isn't positively bad in absolute terms, one usually finds other characters to be more useful than her to incorporate into the group.

Reinhardt

Arcane

No they REALLY can and she proves it. If you stripped that goofy class they gave her and made her a straight up vanilla cleric, perhaps. But they went with one of these 'exotic' specialty kits that they slapped on many of the NPCs turning her into a shit-tier hybrid where she excels at nothing. She is a B-grade shaman with a limited spell set, a ghetto fighter w/ weak sauce skill, and she can disarm some traps but gets none of the benefits of sneak attack. So a garbage healer, an also ran fighter, and a partially disabled rogue.

I am helpful, am i not?

Werdnicus

Learned
MM49Bh0.png

Damn, never knew Minagho spoke Latin.

PS.: CamCam is great! She is my wife and we love each other very much.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Cam-Cam has good AC, decent magic which can be expanded by grabbing second spirit , has hexes, gets weapon spec from a hex specific to her starting spirit, can get fencing grace and improved crit for rapier, can enhance her weapon, so I don't really see how she is weak?
She's jack of all trades but master of none. I have better fighters, better clerics, better skill monkeys. Camellia is too mediocre in everyting she does. Used her while my party was small but the moment roster starts growing she has no place in it.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Cam's pretty powerful, really. Useful back up healer, tank, buffer, hex caster, who can also deal with traps and locks.

After she gets dex to damage she's also a competent enough fighter, and if you give her a +4 WIS headband she has a pretty wide range of spells.

Gave her the nature second spirit to get her a pet to fit into the menagerie and whenever she got into my party she was worth her spot.

Her personality is disgusting though, and I don't include her as much as she deserves mechanically because of that.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron

Bro. She's one of the best frontliner in the game. Have her reach level 5 for Dex on damage and rack some Crit extension. Once she unlocks Enemies' Bane, prepare yourself for hundreds of damages in chapter one.

Edit: Go Loremaster for Improved Improved Critical with no need for prereq. that's important!

Small spoiler for the Trickster path. Dis gonna be gud:

Us37IJ4.gif

Last edited:

Robber Baron

Savant
images

fuck
i watched youtube videos, respected MC and Nenio and breezed through Wintersun
but it just feels so wrong I can't do it, it's cheating and it's breaking the characters I was building for 110 hours
I decided to clear some other locations first since I almost have 11 and will try to unfuck my situation instead
I'll better fucking abandon the playthrough altogether but I just can't respec
it's wrong

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
images

fuck
i watched youtube videos, respected MC and Nenio and breezed through Wintersun
but it just feels so wrong I can't do it, it's cheating and it's breaking the characters I was building for 110 hours
I decided to clear some other locations first since I almost have 11 and will try to unfuck my situation instead
I'll better fucking abandon the playthrough altogether but I just can't respec
it's wrong
Just respec, game is overturned so if you build wrong you’re fucked. Just respec

Erebus

Arcane
Though most of the companions are meh, I have to admit that I rather like Regill and Ember. Regill is a pragmatic and resolute guy with zero patience for the feelings of others, which is rather refreshing. And Ember is kind yet not weak, and is really good at unintentionally (?) roasting others.

I'm still on the fence as far as Daeran is concerned. All the other companions I've met are boring me.

I haven't met Arushe... Aruasha... the succubus girl yet. And though I've met Greybor (he seems okay), I haven't been able to recruit him yet.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The more I read Ember's lines, the more I want her to be able to sit in front of the Solaire guy in the cave where you pick up Regill.

Solaire sitting in front of Ember(s). :P

Probably won't happen. That would require imagination, and stuff. But hey... I'm allowed to imagine it in my head, if it doesn't happen. :)

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Greybor is that typical guy who loves to roleplay as the party's badass despise sucking hard compared to pretty much everyone else.
BRUH LMAO, he runs into a fucking dragon like “Yea I got this” and dies in 2 hits, if that’s supposed to be a joke it’s pretty funny

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
'K

In case the rate spamming and the post from some of you are more than memes and there's some true convinction that Cam is somehow lacking. Here's the deal:

zkJRdv7.gif

Pardon, but I had to reload an earlier save, can't be arsed to engineer a perfect condition, just bear with me if interested. Otherwise carry on with your half assed builds. This is Level 10, AC is not fully buffed, iirc she could still use a magical vestment (Shield).
Before the build is complete, I'll probably lower the crit range 1-2 more and definitely take crit focus. If you don't consider this a top notch frontliner, 'gratz you cannot into math.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Each new day it's harder and harder to launch game. Chapter 3 was a slog, chapter 4 i don't enjoy much either - not interested in all that demon shit because i usually play as a good character and city itself is a cancer. I liked more focused approach of first two chapters.
It's possible the game is taking longer to read all your savegames' metadata at launch. This used to happen in PKM too.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
'K

In case the rate spamming and the post from some of you are more than memes and there's some true convinction that Cam is somehow lacking. Here's the deal:

zkJRdv7.gif

Pardon, but I had to reload an earlier save, can't be arsed to engineer a perfect condition, just bear with me if interested. Otherwise carry on with your half assed builds. This is Level 10, AC is not fully buffed, iirc she could still use a magical vestment (Shield).
Before the build is complete, I'll probably lower the crit range 1-2 more and definitely take crit focus. If you don't consider this a top notch frontliner, 'gratz you cannot into math.

Ok that is pretty impressive I can't lie. I'm guessing that 1 level dip in Loremaster is something I should look into as well. Maybe I will respec her if I can get stats like this out of her then I will quit whining. :D 39 AC tho... how'd you manage that w/o buffs?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Each new day it's harder and harder to launch game. Chapter 3 was a slog, chapter 4 i don't enjoy much either - not interested in all that demon shit because i usually play as a good character and city itself is a cancer. I liked more focused approach of first two chapters.
It's possible the game is taking longer to read all your savegames' metadata at launch. This used to happen in PKM too.
I'm talking about my will to launch it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom